PDA

View Full Version : Sat Navs or Road Maps?

Clowgon
15-08-2009, 05:21 PM
Which one do you use? I would of thought Road maps would of be the thing of the past but a lot of people still use it nowadays.

Sat Navs are reliable most of the time but i think Sat Navs are so much easier (Can provide quicker routes then maps most of the time) then having to look at maps whilst driving especially when it can be quite hard to read of maps. :P

Sammeth.
15-08-2009, 06:23 PM
I use my sat nav, I wouldn't be able to cope with driving and map reading at the same time. Having instructions yelled at you is good enough for me.

jacko2244
15-08-2009, 06:44 PM
I'd say SatNav more easyer

Metric1
15-08-2009, 08:11 PM
My Honda Accord has a touch-screen factory DVD navigation system. I love it because I can't navigate and it gives me clear instructions. The navigation systems in the new Accords are controlled by a large joystick in the center of the dash. All of our vehicles have navigation systems because my mom is a real-estate broker and she needs to know where properties are in order to sell them.

Jordy
15-08-2009, 08:57 PM
My Honda Accord has a touch-screen factory DVD navigation system. I love it because I can't navigate and it gives me clear instructions. The navigation systems in the new Accords are controlled by a large joystick in the center of the dash. All of our vehicles have navigation systems because my mom is a real-estate broker and she needs to know where properties are in order to sell them.I think she prefers it to maps, it's not that she needs it. Real-estate brokers existed before sat-nav. And oh you have a Honda Accord? You should of mentioned it before :rolleyes:

I don't drive but I've always found maps fairly easy, Satnav does have the advantage of it shouting the instructions and quicker routes encase of traffic etc.

Rixion
16-08-2009, 06:58 AM
I take both just in case something goes wrong!

Shockwave.2CC
16-08-2009, 11:34 AM
I use a sat nav because there safer because they talk to you and tell you where to unlike a map where you have to stop and look at a map or carry on driving while looking at the map, which is dangerous.

So Sat Nav FTW

You
16-08-2009, 12:56 PM
Sat Nav FTW :D

Misawa
16-08-2009, 01:05 PM
SatNav by far.

le harry
25-08-2009, 03:42 PM
Maps... I'm not that lazy that I have to go out and spend $300 on a naviagation system when I can easily check where I'm going beforehand on my $20 street directory.

GommeInc
25-08-2009, 06:16 PM
Maps... I'm not that lazy that I have to go out and spend $300 on a naviagation system when I can easily check where I'm going beforehand on my $20 street directory.
Sat navs are updated often, warn users of accidents*, come with the function that can direct you around a road block, warn you of speed and traffic cameras*, give the best choice of route, are safer, show a closer to street view than a birds eye view of a location, constantly updates you of your location in correlation of time travelled and miles left, and use less petrol (stopping and starting, just to read a map wastes more petrol than just continuosly going).

£150 over some thing that costs about £7.99 and will last long and isn't out of date the moment you get it is better value really :P

BoomItsClowgon
25-08-2009, 10:46 PM
Sat navs are updated often, warn users of accidents*, come with the function that can direct you around a road block, warn you of speed and traffic cameras*, give the best choice of route, are safer, show a closer to street view than a birds eye view of a location, constantly updates you of your location in correlation of time travelled and miles left, and use less petrol (stopping and starting, just to read a map wastes more petrol than just continuosly going).

£150 over some thing that costs about £7.99 and will last long and isn't out of date the moment you get it is better value really :P

You said it all tbh. :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!