PDA

View Full Version : Filing of threads for Football games

Catzsy
20-08-2009, 04:12 PM
Please vote in the poll to see what the majority of the Sport Section
members want. If anybody is cautioned please just post the option and I will add. The poll will be open for 3 days and then whichever option has the majority will be used for future practice but reviewed periodically. Thanks.

Edited by Catzsy [Forum Super Moderator]: Thread re-opened

Geraint
20-08-2009, 04:19 PM
Having a "Weekday games" or "Weekend games" thread each week is much better. Annoying the amount of stickies we have.

Catzsy
20-08-2009, 04:26 PM
Having a "Weekday games" or "Weekend games" thread each week is much better. Annoying the amount of stickies we have.

Okay we can see which option wins and then discuss that. :)

Tristan
20-08-2009, 04:35 PM
I prefer separate threads.
Although lots of threads can be annoying, when a particular game is eventful or something big happens, I like to post on a thread that's dedicated to that game rather than if I post about it and in the middle someone else is posting the score of their team's game or something like that.
Big games too, ie. Man Utd vs. Chelsea or Champions League Q/S/Final.

Kardan
20-08-2009, 04:37 PM
I think both. It'd be annoying to see a thread on Leicester V Coventry, but it'd be annoying to not see a thread on Manchester United V Real Madrid. So, for premier league games a thread called 'Weekend matches' would do fine, also for the first few rounds of FA/Carling Cup etc. Then specific threads for large matches, such as UEFA Cup etc.

Tristan
20-08-2009, 04:41 PM
And there shouldn't be separate stickies for 'Weekday Games' and 'Weekend Games'.

That's just silly, and someone just wants a sticky.

GordonBanks
20-08-2009, 04:44 PM
I'm with geraint, but I can't vote. A thread each week or for each set of games is the best option.

Catzsy
20-08-2009, 04:45 PM
I'm with geraint, but I can't vote. A thread each week or for each set of games is the best option.

I will add your choice.

Flamedragon3
20-08-2009, 04:48 PM
I'll use this moment to say how me and other users would like the thread Habbox Forum United FC Updates to be stickied. :)

Browney
20-08-2009, 04:49 PM
I definately believe seperate threads are better. :D

-Heart
20-08-2009, 05:03 PM
I second this opinion.

lBlue
20-08-2009, 05:04 PM
One thread per week.

Should last from the Saturday till the Friday, so if your team is playing on the Monday then it's put in the existing thread. This should be for league games only.

When European games are on another thread should be created called "European Weekday Games". In this you talk about the European games for that week (Saturday till Friday again).

Once a new thread is created on the Saturday the previous thread should be deleted or locked.

I shall refrain from voting because I don't see a option for this.

Catzsy
20-08-2009, 05:07 PM
One thread per week.

Should last from the Saturday till the Friday, so if your team is playing on the Monday then it's put in the existing thread. This should be for league games only.

When European games are on another thread should be created called "European Weekday Games". In this you talk about the European games for that week (Saturday till Friday again).

Once a new thread is created on the Saturday the previous thread should be deleted or locked.

I shall refrain from voting because I don't see a option for this.

So are you saying sticky or not? I can't work out what the concensus is after
with another poll, if necessary?

lBlue
20-08-2009, 05:08 PM
So are you saying sticky or not? I can't work out what the concensus is after
with another poll, if necessary?
Another poll would be good. And a sticky wouldn't be needed if you were to lock the previous thread before creating the new one on the Saturday.

StefanWolves
20-08-2009, 05:35 PM
One thread per week.

That's just making things unneccasarily complicated.

I voted for a stickied thread, but I'm not really bothered either way, I still think their should be a 'football' sub-forum though. :P

AlexOC
20-08-2009, 05:47 PM
Can't we have a sub forum called 'Football Games' then post a seperate thread for each game, if its one big thread its hard to pinpoint the comments on the game you want, so a thread would contain only the info about that game, much easier.

lBlue
20-08-2009, 05:47 PM
That's just making things unneccasarily complicated.

I voted for a stickied thread, but I'm not really bothered either way, I still think their should be a 'football' sub-forum though. :P
Hows it complicated? We have what... over four moderators for the general section and a number of moderators with power all over the shop. All they need to do is make sure one thread (European games aren't played every week) needs locking late on Friday or early on Saturday. Not too hard. It appears Catzsy thought the idea had some substance to it otherwise she wouldn't of put the option out for a new poll.

Catzsy
20-08-2009, 05:48 PM
Another poll would be good. And a sticky wouldn't be needed if you were to lock the previous thread before creating the new one on the Saturday.

Yes when we see what the other members think I can do a poll based on the suggestions. I think if a weekly one was chosen and we got into a routine of doing it - it could work fine.

StefanWolves
20-08-2009, 05:51 PM
Tbh I like AlexOCs idea, it'd make it more specific ect, but it'll never happen.

lBlue
20-08-2009, 05:52 PM
Tbh I like AlexOCs idea... but it'll never happen.
Because it'll make the main section a ghost town. The people who believe wrestling is a sport (even though the heads of WWE even claim it isn't) will demand a section. Then the cricket fans will. Once the F1 fans catch on they'll also want a section.

-Heart
20-08-2009, 05:52 PM
Can't we have a sub forum called 'Football Games' then post a seperate thread for each game, if its one big thread its hard to pinpoint the comments on the game you want, so a thread would contain only the info about that game, much easier.
Yeah, on this football forum I go on mods do a thread for individual Premier League games each week. Tbh, none of the Sports moderators at the moment post on here, or seem to know anything about Sports. (if they do, then I apologize) Why not make some of us lot that actually know what we're talking about mods :S?

StefanWolves
20-08-2009, 05:53 PM
They won't, at all, everyone can give suggestions, you have, so why can't AlexOC have his say?

I think his suggestion is a great idea, then we could make separate threads for every game.

And Haz, normal users could make the threads, then mods just close them when they're no longer needed.

TBH, if this is going to be an option on the poll, you may aswell start it again, as it'll be a tad bias.

Catzsy
20-08-2009, 05:54 PM
Tbh I like AlexOCs idea... but it'll never happen.

Unfortunately we have been down that road recently and the forum has already been cut down because of overloading the server so I would prefer if the members could just concentrate on threads in this forum for now, if possible. :)

lBlue
20-08-2009, 05:54 PM
Yeah, on this football forum I go on mods do a thread for individual Premier League games each week. Tbh, none of the Sports moderators at the moment post on here, or seem to know anything about Sports. (if they do, then I apologize) Why not make some of us lot that actually know what we're talking about mods :S?
You really want the likes of TheWolf with the power to infract?

I was for this idea ages ago however you've got to remember, if one fan dissagrees with another and ones a mod... well guess where the power will go?

Edit: TheWolf, how do you know they wont? I doubt you can predict the actions of people considering you still haven't took my advice about Google.

-Heart
20-08-2009, 05:55 PM
They won't, at all, everyone can give suggestions, you have, so why can't AlexOC have his say?

I think his suggestion is a great idea, then we could make separate threads for every game.
www.finalscoreforums.com << They do it on there, look in the Premier League section.

I think it's a good idea too.

StefanWolves
20-08-2009, 05:56 PM
because the fanbase for F1 on this forum is nowhere as near the same as football, same with every other sport, it's just a suggestion for gods sake, you may not agree but tbh idc.

and oh look people agree with me and alex! seems like a pretty good idea.

lBlue
20-08-2009, 05:56 PM
www.finalscoreforums.com (http://www.finalscoreforums.com) << They do it on there, look in the Premier League section.

I think it's a good idea too.
That forum is dominated by football fans though, it's always going to be popular on that. On this? Not so. How many West Ham fans do we have? How many Burnley fans do we have? How popular will it be when those two play?

Edit: It still doesn't stop them from wanting a section.
Edit #2: But it wont be popular in a game of West Ham vs Burnley! For Christs sake, take the footballing tinted glasses off for once.

Catzsy
20-08-2009, 05:58 PM

I don't think it matters if a member of the sports section does them, if nominated, or a mod. We can do what threads the members want once it is clarified and we are only a pm away. @thewolf - you or alec would have to file a thread in feedback again as this thread is not about a sub-forum and I can't really assist there. I would like to get a consensus on this without it being complicated with side issues because the permission for a sub-forum has to come from nvrspk4. Thanks.

AlexOC
Well it wont overload too much, it cut down all the weekend games threads, and like 'fa cup final threads' in the main bit, which block out the ones that are more general like somebody leaving f1 or something.

StefanWolves
Believe what you want, you don't let people have their say or opinion, because yours always has to be far superior!!!

Was a good idea Alex, but looks like it won't happen.:P

Edited by Catzsy [Forum Super Moderator]: Please do not post to potentially cause argument. Thanks.

lBlue
20-08-2009, 06:00 PM
Believe what you want, you don't let people have their say or opinion, because yours always has to be far superior!!!

I'm just having a simple debate, I'm sorry if you're not able to create a decent input about from "they wont" and "it will" without genuine reasoning.

StefanWolves
20-08-2009, 06:01 PM
That forum is dominated by football fans though, it's always going to be popular on that. On this? Not so. How many West Ham fans do we have? How many Burnley fans do we have? How popular will it be when those two play?

Edit: It still doesn't stop them from wanting a section.
Edit #2: But it wont be popular in a game of West Ham vs Burnley! For Christs sake, take the footballing tinted glasses off for once.

That's why people who support a certain team would create the thread of their team playing... even if no ones does support them, their would still be stuff to discuss for neutrals, like how good the goals were and how the game went ect. :eusa_wall

AlexOC
20-08-2009, 06:02 PM

i knows, choosing not to do it as its easier not too :(

And if theres a game like West Ham v Burnley, and no one supports them, or no one wants to talk about the game, dont make a thread about it. Simples.

lBlue
20-08-2009, 06:02 PM
That's why people who support a certain team would create the thread of their team playing... even if no ones does support them, their would still be stuff to discuss for neutrals, like how good the goals were and how the game went ect. :eusa_wall
So you're saying Clowgon's and your input in a Burnley vs Portsmouth game would be a good read?

StefanWolves
20-08-2009, 06:03 PM
i knows, choosing not to do it as its easier not too :(

And if theres a game like West Ham v Burnley, and no one supports them, or no one wants to talk about the game, dont make a thread about it. Simples.

Agreed, the threads should be made by forum users, and if theirs duplicate threads just delete one, ect.

So you're saying Clowgon's and your input in a Burnley vs Portsmouth game would be a good read?

where have I said that then? he may not want to post their, but other people might, stop trying to put words in my... keyboard... :S idk. :P

Even if he did, does it matter? it's up to him what he does, you don't have to comment on what he posts if you don't want too.

It's just a suggestions.

lBlue
20-08-2009, 06:05 PM
Agreed, the threads should be made by forum users, and if theirs duplicate threads just delete one, ect.

where have I said that then? he may not want to post their, but other people might, stop trying to put words in my... keyboard... :S idk. :P

Even if he did, does it matter? it's up to him what he does, you don't have to comment on what he posts if you don't want too.

It's just a suggestions.
"their would still be stuff to discuss for neutrals, like how good the goals were and how the game went"

AlexOC
20-08-2009, 06:06 PM

It's just a suggestions.

Yeh made my the users, thats what i ment, was everybody thinking the mods make a thread for every game, that would just be stupid.

Also what happened to the case of adding a football banter forum, that seemed like a good idea.

StefanWolves
20-08-2009, 06:06 PM
"their would still be stuff to discuss for neutrals, like how good the goals were and how the game went"

Yes and so what? you said Clowgon specifically, if you don't want to read what he's posting then ignore it, or just don't read the thread all together if it's not to your interest.

Edited by Catzsy [Forum Super Moderator]: Everybody, please stay on the topic of thread. Thanks :)

AlexOC
20-08-2009, 06:09 PM
Yes and so what? you said Clowgon specifically, if you don't want to read what he's posting then ignore it, or just don't read the thread all together if it's not to your interest.

Yeh thats the whole good point of having a seperate forum, if you dont want to read about a specific game you dont have to open the thread, instead of having to scroll through pages of stuff that dont interest you to find 1 or 2 posts about the game you want to talk about.

lBlue
20-08-2009, 06:09 PM
And you...

Anyway, surely the addition in that thread would be umm... crap? You can't know everything about a club you don't support. All the comments will be are "Was a good goal", "Shouldn't of been sent off" or "How intresting was it?". The posts wont be as detailed in those threads because it'll be full of people guesing about the players and clubs.

AlexOC
20-08-2009, 06:11 PM
And you...

Anyway, surely the addition in that thread would be umm... crap? You can't know everything about a club you don't support. All the comments will be are "Was a good goal", "Shouldn't of been sent off" or "How intresting was it?". The posts wont be as detailed in those threads because it'll be full of people guesing about the players and clubs.

If you don't know about the club, then dont open the thread and post!

lBlue
20-08-2009, 06:13 PM
If you don't know about the club, then dont open the thread and post!
So we'll have threads about City, United, Arsenal, Wolves and a few others. Hardly worth it.

StefanWolves
20-08-2009, 06:15 PM
TBH Minstrels you are the only one disagreeing with this, apart from a MOD.

No point in even debating this anyway, cause it won't happen, even though it's the best idea yet.

Catzsy
20-08-2009, 06:16 PM
So we'll have threads about City, United, Arsenal, Wolves and a few others. Hardly worth it.

What about weekly thread for premier league and one for non-premier or just
separate threads for those?

lBlue
20-08-2009, 06:16 PM

No point in even debating this anyway, cause it won't happen, even though it's the best idea yet.
So now I've cancelled out the small time idea you result to this. The joys.

StefanWolves
20-08-2009, 06:18 PM
What on earth are you going on about?

We're all trying to improve the sports section, by giving our views, but you seem to always disagree with what anyone says, even the OP you didn't agree with, so you had to get the poll changed to the way that you wanted it.

Catzsy
20-08-2009, 06:20 PM

@thewolf - there is more than one person agreeing about weekly threads and tbh as I said previously you would have to re-file in the feedback forum for a sub-forum. Can we just agree to do something that makes sense in the meantime?

lBlue
20-08-2009, 06:22 PM
What on earth are you going on about?

We're all trying to improve the sports section, by giving our views, but you seem to always disagree with what anyone says, even the OP you didn't agree with, so you had to get the poll changed to the way that you wanted it.
I didn't ask for it, it was offered?

And you stated don't create a thread or enter one if you don't know about the club in context. Well umm... members on here have proven they know nowt about other clubs. Take the "CITY HAVE 10 STRIKERS THEY DONT NEED NO MORE" posts for example.

They only "know" this information due to tabloids. So I doubt these members will know anything about the Burnleys/Portsmouths etc.

So with your "Don't make a thread unless you know about them" comment we'll only end up with seven threads a week all about Liverpool, United, City, Wolves etc.

StefanWolves
20-08-2009, 06:22 PM
This does make sense but I've already said numerous times it's not gonna happen, so i don't know why he (lBlue) is continuing to disagree with me. :P

@M.O.M; what's up with that? that'd be okay tbh, in a seperate sub-forum.

AlexOC
20-08-2009, 06:23 PM
@thewolf - there is more than one person agreeing about weekly threads and tbh as I said previously you would have to re-file in the feedback forum for a sub-forum. Can we just agree to do something that makes sense in the meantime?

Well the best idea is a sub forum, easier, quicker to see and more user friendly.

StefanWolves
20-08-2009, 06:25 PM
I agree Alex, would be a hell of a lot less cluttered, compared to one weekly thread with everything crammed into it, full of arguments, resulting in warnings infractions and banhammers...

lBlue
20-08-2009, 06:25 PM
This does make sense but I've already said numerous times it's not gonna happen, so i don't know why he (lBlue) is continuing to disagree with me. :P

@M.O.M; what's up with that? that'd be okay tbh, in a seperate sub-forum.
It does indeed make sense... I wont put it in a form you want me to put it in because it'll result in me getting a PM from Catzsy informing me about a infraction.

StefanWolves
20-08-2009, 06:32 PM
That wouldn't make a difference then, would it? :P

If AlexOCs option isn't viable(which i'm 99% sure it isn't, but Catzsy could do some haggling for us, maybe chat up Jin?:P), then separate threads is the way forward. :D

leah
22-08-2009, 12:15 AM
I think it should be seperate

Tristan
22-08-2009, 09:29 AM
I think it should be seperate

Edited by Catzsy [Forum Super Moderator]: Please do not be so rude to others. Thanks.

StefanWolves
22-08-2009, 10:05 AM
*Removed*

Wow, that's harsh.

I don't think anyone is interested in this thread atm, IDK why.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!