PDA

View Full Version : Carling cup

leah
24-08-2009, 03:13 PM
who do your teams have for the next round?

Geraint
24-08-2009, 03:37 PM
The Gas at home.

LuketheDuke
24-08-2009, 03:56 PM
Manchester Sheikeh at home:)

Shockwave.2CC
24-08-2009, 03:58 PM
We've got Preston North End away

Preston North End vs Leicester City >> Tuesday 25th August 2009

Browney
24-08-2009, 05:36 PM
We are at Carrow Road to play Norwich tonight. On Sky, tune in. ;):eusa_danc

StefanWolves
24-08-2009, 06:10 PM
Swindon.

Woop.

Browney
24-08-2009, 06:49 PM
Wow, Carlos Edwards at RB. :S Oh well, Henderson did a good job on RM when I watched.

-WooTWooTWooT-
24-08-2009, 06:52 PM
Leyton Orient away.

Browney
24-08-2009, 07:13 PM
Tainioooooo

0-1 :eusa_danc

WE WANT SEVEN! WE WANT SEVEN!

0-2 Andy Reid

Immenseman
24-08-2009, 07:23 PM
0-3 now x

Browney
24-08-2009, 07:28 PM
Andy Reiddd! Hes better than Ribery, I swear.

-WooTWooTWooT-
24-08-2009, 07:33 PM
sunderland are doin alright arent they

leah
26-08-2009, 01:58 AM
we beat watford 2-1 :D

-Heart
26-08-2009, 04:07 PM
Beat Swindon 6-5 on penalties last night. First penalty shootout win in a while.

QUE SARA, SARA!

Mexel
26-08-2009, 04:30 PM
I wanted to go to Southampton away and only decided yesterday morning, so i ring and there is no coaches left, but still 950 tickets left and we only got allocated 1200 LOL. We ended up bring 680 people so a few people must have drove.

1-0 down for 80 mins finially won 1-2 late on Bowyer & Carsley

A mate at the game had this in his status during the game, so i guess thats what they were singing ha.

(8) I wanna go home, let me go homeeeeee, this is the worst trip, ive ever being on.

StefanWolves
26-08-2009, 09:32 PM
Was the same for me Vs Swindon yesterday, just it was at home. Was a late meet up, only decided to go an hour and a half before kick off, wish I hadn't now, played our second string side against a **** league 1/2 side (IDK) in Swindon, 3 chances was all that either team had, ****test game I have ever been to, never again going to the Carling Cup games.

One upside was, I have never seen a Penalty shoot out whilst being at the stadium, even that was **** as it was only second round of the Carling cup.

I was on MSN on my iPhone most, and updating FB, cause the game was an utter disgrace.

But, I suppose I can't really moan, it was only £5. :P

Geraint
26-08-2009, 09:34 PM
Beat the Gas 3-1.

Cruising at 2-0, killing them then took our foot of the gas(no pun intended) then they scored then we scored. Also talking of gas a gas fan took their name a bit too literally and tried to get a gas canister into the ground.

-Heart
27-08-2009, 01:22 PM
Beat the Gas 3-1.

Cruising at 2-0, killing them then took our foot of the gas(no pun intended) then they scored then we scored. Also talking of gas a gas fan took their name a bit too literally and tried to get a gas canister into the ground.
Saw that on SSN, ******* idiot :lol:.

AlexOC
27-08-2009, 05:49 PM
v Crystal Palace

Coverage starting in 10 minutes on Sky Sports, cant wait :D

KO at 8

AlexOC
27-08-2009, 06:17 PM
v Palace

Ooohh, our side is amazing!

wasnt expecting this atall..

--------------Given----------------
-Richards---Lescott---Toure---Bridge
----SWP------Ireland------Barry----
----Tevez----Adebayor-----Robinho--

Soz not good with whos on left and right, so right people may be on left on my list but you get the idea

but wow, if we continue with a squad like that, here comes our first troophy in 33 years.

Geraint
27-08-2009, 08:10 PM
v Palace

Ooohh, our side is amazing!

wasnt expecting this atall..

--------------Given----------------
-Richards---Lescott---Toure---Bridge
----SWP------Ireland------Barry----
----Tevez----Adebayor-----Robinho--

Soz not good with whos on left and right, so right people may be on left on my list but you get the idea

but wow, if we continue with a squad like that, here comes our first troophy in 33 years.

You really should be playing your reserves. Give them a chance, see what they're made of. Playing your full team against Palace hardly gives the reserves confidence, it's as if you're saying they're not good enough for Championship football let alone Premier League. You should say goodbye to the Carling Cup, isn't it top 4 that you want? Top 4 finish or even top 5 is better than the Carling Cup.

luce
27-08-2009, 08:15 PM
You really should be playing your reserves. Give them a chance, see what they're made of. Playing your full team against Palace hardly gives the reserves confidence, it's as if you're saying they're not good enough for Championship football let alone Premier League. You should say goodbye to the Carling Cup, isn't it top 4 that you want? Top 4 finish or even top 5 is better than the Carling Cup.

Yeah but i think Mark Hughes wants silver ware so bad this season to justify his buying that he is trying his luck with everything he can. Including carling cup :)

City have come out second half playing some sweet football this is the first time i have really watched them play this season.

AlexOC
27-08-2009, 08:39 PM
2 - 0 70 mins.

Firstly THE LINESMAN IS A ******!. Should be 4-5 - 0 as most of his decision have been proved (through replays) that they were clearly wrong, but eh we're winning, we came through some early and late pressure in the first half, but we really deserve to be winning this, in the first half we made little chances (most of those good chances were ruined by the fat linesman who apparently 'isnt watching the game and is making sure his boobs arent bouncing up and down' according to fans on facebook', but in the second half we've created some great chances and got the goals we no doubt deserve.

Goal 1 - SWP just inside the box, smacks it centerish in the net, keeper didnt have a chance.

Goal 2 - (Glad to say) Tevez!, from a corner first players the ball game to missed it, and tevez didnt even have to jump to head it right pass the keeper.

Also nice fitting tribute to Richard Dunne, singing his 'he's here, he's there, he's every ******* where, Richard Dunne!' song to a defender that we surely would of struggled without.

Edit: Full Time - So glad we won, would of been a kick in the teeth to again go out to a lower league team

Shockwave.2CC
27-08-2009, 08:48 PM
We've got no one in the Carling Cup because we go knocked out by Preston North End :( -crys-

luce
27-08-2009, 09:22 PM
We've got no one in the Carling Cup because we go knocked out by Preston North End :( -crys-

i gather you mean you played a youth/second team?!

lBlue
27-08-2009, 10:13 PM
I'm happy, at the end of the day we're through. Linesmen were crap but we're through.

Oh and don't expect that team all the time in cups, we're just getting to gel at the moment. The more games together for the first couple of months the better.

StefanWolves
27-08-2009, 10:48 PM

Wait, I thought you supported MU? oh no! I remember, you switch between MU and Leicester don't you!

Geraint
28-08-2009, 12:43 AM
Wait, I thought you supported MU? oh no! I remember, you switch between MU and Leicester don't you!

Rather someone who actually has an interest in their local team than most people who just support the big teams and couldn't give two ***** about their local side.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!