View Full Version : Cheats

lBlue
28-08-2009, 12:58 PM
Thank you UEFA for banning Eduardo.

CHA!NGANG
28-08-2009, 01:06 PM
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=600365

Already a Thread about this.

To be honest, he doesn't seem like a player that would dive, maybe as Wenger said he was afraid of getting injured e/c/t but, if he did dive, which it does seem like he did then good on UEFA for banning him, I just hope this doesn't encourge people to keep contesting the refs decision.

lBlue
28-08-2009, 01:30 PM

To be honest, he doesn't seem like a player that would dive, maybe as Wenger said he was afraid of getting injured e/c/t but, if he did dive, which it does seem like he did then good on UEFA for banning him, I just hope this doesn't encourge people to keep contesting the refs decision.
No it's not. It's a thread about the chumps league.

I don't read that thread because all though I take an interest in English clubs I don't take a massive interest in a competition my club isn't it. I will watch the games and read the news however I wont overly participate in a thread which my club aren't involved in.

This thread is for the UEFA incident, not the game.

CHA!NGANG
28-08-2009, 01:34 PM
No it's not. It's a thread about the chumps league.

I don't read that thread because all though I take an interest in English clubs I don't take a massive interest in a competition my club isn't it. I will watch the games and read the news however I wont overly participate in a thread which my club aren't involved in.

This thread is for the UEFA incident, not the game.

The thread was mainly about Eduardo :P Your team aren't involved in this incident, yet you posted this :S Anyway, the two games aren't huge games, we can cope without him for them two, I just hope that he doesn't get a bad reception when we play Man U because it isn't needed really, but, it's man U so he probably will.

lBlue
28-08-2009, 01:35 PM
The thread was mainly about Eduardo :P Your team aren't involved in this incident, yet you posted this :S Anyway, the two games aren't huge games, we can cope without him for them two, I just hope that he doesn't get a bad reception when we play Man U because it isn't needed really, but, it's man U so he probably will.
Because it's a ban outside of the game, it's discussing the decision by UEFA. :)

CJW93
28-08-2009, 01:40 PM

Its big news so why not post it?

CHA!NGANG
28-08-2009, 01:43 PM
Its big news so why not post it?

Because he said, ' I wont overly participate in a thread which my club aren't involved in.' and he supports City.

And there was a thread already about the subject, and yes he says it was about Champs League but it basically all about Eduardo.

StefanWolves
28-08-2009, 03:08 PM
I wasn't really bothered about the 'dive', that was until the pictures came to light about his reaction, where he smerks/grins, and that was it, that made him a blatant and obvious cheat in my eyes.

Well done UEFA for once.

Immenseman
28-08-2009, 03:11 PM
Wenger nice and calm :lol:

Soy
28-08-2009, 06:17 PM
someone break his leg again

Simmzay
28-08-2009, 10:43 PM
Has anyone else been banned for diving before? Or is this just another case of UEFA hating Arsenal?

CHA!NGANG
28-08-2009, 10:45 PM
Has anyone else been banned for diving before? Or is this just another case of UEFA hating Arsenal?

Not by UEFA I don't think, maybe once or twice before. People have been banned by the FA I think. But it really is the later even though he did deserve it.

BoomItsClowgon
28-08-2009, 11:20 PM

What ludacris! The goalkeeper never even got near him. how could he of been possibly afraid of getting injured?!

About time Uefa start banning cheats like this.. though i agree with Wenger's comment

"It singles out a player to be a cheat and that is not acceptable. We will not accept the way Uefa has treated this."

They should of done this long time ago.

Simmzay
28-08-2009, 11:23 PM
I bet it'll never happen again.

CHA!NGANG
28-08-2009, 11:37 PM
What ludacris! The goalkeeper never even got near him. how could he of been possibly afraid of getting injured?!

About time Uefa start banning cheats like this.. though i agree with Wenger's comment

"It singles out a player to be a cheat and that is not acceptable. We will not accept the way Uefa has treated this."

They should of done this long time ago.

Hm how can he be afraid of getting injured. Maybe the almost career ending injury which broke his leg and put him out of action for pretty much 1 year...

BoomItsClowgon
28-08-2009, 11:50 PM
LOOOL. That's the worst excuse ever.. it wasn't like the goalkeeper was charging at him full speed ahead.. it was a clear dive no excuse whats so ever..

He could of jumped out of the way.... If it wasn't his attention to dive then surely he could of said NO to the referee that it's not a penalty...? Like a true professional...?

But no, he never, even though they was winning 2 bloody nill on agg.

CHA!NGANG
28-08-2009, 11:59 PM
LOOOL. That's the worst excuse ever.. it wasn't like the goalkeeper was charging at him full speed ahead.. it was a clear dive no excuse whats so ever..

He could of jumped out of the way.... If it wasn't his attention to dive then surely he could of said NO to the referee that it's not a penalty...? Like a true professional...?

I personally think it was a dive, but that could also have happened, no-one but he knows. What striker has ever said no to a penalty? Especially recently. It doesn't happen.

BoomItsClowgon
29-08-2009, 12:10 AM
I've seen players come up to the referee and said no it's not a penalty.. it doesn't happen a lot but it happens..

On camera.. there was no clear contact.. Eduardo blatantly dived.. He could of said no. No penalty but he decided not to.

It's a bit stupid tbh anyway, 2-0 up.. bound to get through... why do something so stupid as that..

Browney
29-08-2009, 08:40 AM
I personally think it was a dive, but that could also have happened, no-one but he knows. What striker has ever said no to a penalty? Especially recently. It doesn't happen.

No you're right. No one does it. Especially not Arshavin. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2uzzK7f2Aw&feature=related)

Skip to 3:56. ;)

Jibbish
29-08-2009, 08:43 AM
No you're right. No one does it. Especially not Arshavin. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2uzzK7f2Aw&feature=related)

Skip to 3:56. ;)
thats good
shame the ref still gives one tough

adaym
29-08-2009, 10:40 AM
It was a dive. No doubt about it. HOWEVER. I don't agree with the ruling. Why? Mainly because it's singling Eduardo out to be a cheat. If the penalty wasn't given, he wouldn't of complained. He was smiling because of the silly decision the referee gave - you're not going to give a penalty back, Clowgon, it doesn't happen and it's not professional for a referee to give back a decision (unless told otherwise by the assistant referee).

Eduardo isn't the only one who dives. I expect, now, that EVERY dive should be investigated by UEFA and the same punishment given to the culprit. However, it won't, because UEFA are stupid and Blatter just hates English teams. I want it cut out the game. I want bans to be given but consistently. Not hither or thither. It's stupid.

Ronaldo dives. Drogba dives. Gerrard dives (ala Athletico Madrid). Babel Dives (ala Arsenal CL two years ago). Players dive all the time.

Stupid decision.

BoomItsClowgon
29-08-2009, 11:02 AM
I have seen players who have went down in the area and told the referee that's it's not a penalty... I've probably seen this twice.. but i'm sure there's probably other cases like this where other players have also said no... it's not a penalty.//

Bun
30-08-2009, 09:33 AM
I have seen players who have went down in the area and told the referee that's it's not a penalty... I've probably seen this twice.. but i'm sure there's probably other cases like this where other players have also said no... it's not a penalty.//
yes but as rosey as that is, you're always going to have cheats who will get anything they can get. it would be nice to see players be honest, but it's never going to happen. i think UEFA did the right thing as long as it's consistent.

Jack.Lfc
30-08-2009, 10:42 AM
The reason there is a big thing over eduardo is because he is foerign, if it was gerrard nothing would be done.

Black_Apalachi
30-08-2009, 12:05 PM

I'm not commenting on the incident because I haven't seen it but I don't see how that's the worst excuse ever (suffering a potentially career-ending tackle and being seriously injured enough to be out for the best part of a season). Tbh it would make me scared of going into anything.

Geraint
30-08-2009, 02:31 PM
Did anybody notice the amount of players getting booked for diving yesterday? Loads of pens are now not going to be given that are actually penalties. Wonder if they'll ban Messi for a clear headbutt in the Super Cup, I doubt it.

Bun
30-08-2009, 02:38 PM
Did anybody notice the amount of players getting booked for diving yesterday? Loads of pens are now not going to be given that are actually penalties. Wonder if they'll ban Messi for a clear headbutt in the Super Cup, I doubt it.
^^^^^^

BoomItsClowgon
30-08-2009, 02:55 PM
yes but as rosey as that is, you're always going to have cheats who will get anything they can get. it would be nice to see players be honest, but it's never going to happen. i think UEFA did the right thing as long as it's consistent.

Well ye, things like this will always happen but if Uefa keep up on diving bit - by banning players then i'm sure we'll see a lot less of this sort of thing going on.

I mean Eboue or w/e his name is. He dived Yesterday... bit stupid of him seeing as what's already happen to his team mate.

Arsenal is going to find it probably a bit tough of the next few games with the Referees, they'll be looking for one thing only. :P

I'm not commenting on the incident because I haven't seen it but I don't see how that's the worst excuse ever (suffering a potentially career-ending tackle and being seriously injured enough to be out for the best part of a season). Tbh it would make me scared of going into anything.

I agree, i'm sure if i was on the pitch now and i suffered an injury just like Eduardo's then i would be pretty scared if something like this would happen again.. but i'm afraid with this incident there was no excuse, he blatantly dived. It wasn't like he was losing his balance.. he dived.

I know Micheal Platini was EVEN AT THE GAME! Surely he could of done something about Messi's headbut. That man has got it in for us English Clubs.

Soy
30-08-2009, 03:57 PM
Martin Taylor should finish what he started

Browney
31-08-2009, 04:53 PM

Nah. Real sportsmen and men just get up and deal with it. Imagine if every Rugby player, American Footballer, Olympic Wrestler just gave up their sport after getting injured. I havent. Then there are people who have suffered horrific injuries and yet are still fantastic sportsmen.

Black_Apalachi
03-09-2009, 04:06 PM
Nah. Real sportsmen and men just get up and deal with it. Imagine if every Rugby player, American Footballer, Olympic Wrestler just gave up their sport after getting injured. I havent. Then there are people who have suffered horrific injuries and yet are still fantastic sportsmen.

I bet your injury was nothing like his :P.

Browney
03-09-2009, 04:18 PM
Compound fracture (like Eduardo) of both bones in my arm and my muscle pulled the bones back (like Eduardo) over themselves so the two halves of my bones were now overlapping. It's just mine was my arm, and his was his leg. :P Besides, I've now joined a rugby club and playing with people much taller than myself, of all ages. Don't become fear's *****. :D

Jack.Lfc
14-09-2009, 05:42 PM
Eduardo has ban over turned.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!