PDA

View Full Version : Cricket Bats

BoomItsClowgon
29-08-2009, 12:50 PM
What would be the ideal cricket bat size of a person who is about 6ft?

I want something that is lightweight.

I was thinking of something like this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/GRAY-NICOLLS-Fusion-Pre-Prep-Junior-Cricket/dp/B000V9GSJ2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=sports&qid=1251550053&sr=8-1#moreAboutThisProduct

Or the same one but in size 5

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gray-Nicolls-Fusion-Junior-Cricket/dp/B00202EWQO/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&s=sports&qid=1251550053&sr=8-14

-WooTWooTWooT-
29-08-2009, 04:41 PM
any will do to hit you round the head with

Andeeh
29-08-2009, 05:05 PM
for me i use a newberry :) if your 6ft then i would say 6 but a 5 would do

Blinger1
30-08-2009, 02:24 AM
any will do to hit you round the head with
lolzzz!!

And a quick question, do you guys "knock" your bats in too? What i mean is hit a ball against the bat so it prevents it from breaking as quickly?

lBlue
30-08-2009, 09:28 AM
lolzzz!!

And a quick question, do you guys "knock" your bats in too? What i mean is hit a ball against the bat so it prevents it from breaking as quickly?
Yes. making this longer.

BoomItsClowgon
31-08-2009, 09:42 AM
My gosh, knocking it in is a stressful process. Rub some of that oil in. Leave it in for a day. Start using the mallet... knock it in for 1-3 hours.

The more you knock it in the better you'll get of out the bat. So i guess it's worth it.

Naruto!
31-08-2009, 09:43 AM
I have a Woodworm, best bats IMO. they are pretty light :)

BoomItsClowgon
31-08-2009, 09:48 AM
I want a nice looking bat tbh.. A nice lightweight one.

The reviews on Gray-Nichol's bats are pretty bad... I don''t know if i should get a fusion one.

StefanWolves
31-08-2009, 10:41 AM
Aren't heavier bats meant to be better? :P

lBlue
31-08-2009, 11:05 AM
Aren't heavier bats meant to be better? :P
Yer. You just gotta be able to lift 'em.

Blinger1
01-09-2009, 12:05 AM
Kookaburra Cricket Bats are def. one of the better ones, maybe you should look into them?

StefanWolves
01-09-2009, 10:55 AM
Kookaburra Cricket Bats are def. one of the better ones, maybe you should look into them?

They don't sell Australian balls/bats over here.

BoomItsClowgon
01-09-2009, 04:55 PM

If i can find a decent one for £80 i might consider getting one but i really like that Gray Nicholls, Fusion one..

They don't sell Australian balls/bats over here.

I can get them off Amazon uk.

StefanWolves
01-09-2009, 05:18 PM
If i can find a decent one for £80 i might consider getting one but i really like that Gray Nicholls, Fusion one..

What's the point in buying Australian equipment where you are in England?

What's the point in buying Australian equipment when other people you will be playing with will be using English?

Andeeh
01-09-2009, 05:47 PM

Good luck finding a decent one for £80 i payed around about £170 for mine but its one that i like

Tintinnabulate
02-09-2009, 12:25 AM

What's the point in buying Australian equipment when other people you will be playing with will be using English?

Doesn't matter if its Australian ... you can use it world wide ROFL :S The sport doesn't change from country to country you know ...

Because what you are saying is that you shouldn't use Australian bats, balls, pads, helmets in England? :rolleyes:

Just to let you know, Indian bats work in Australia, England, South Africa, Ireland, Pakistan, EVERYWHERE =D
Same for Australian bats. They don't stop functioning when you leave the country. If its a good bat, then there is every point in buying an Australian bat.

-------

Anyway, if you know anyone from India, or can find an Indian shop online, try to buy from them. Amazingly cheap. I got a original Reebok bat for just £10.

Sunny.
02-09-2009, 12:39 AM
I got a nice MRF bat [Sachin Tendulkar]

Looks like this
http://www.mrfcricketbats.com/assets/images/MRF-Genius-Cricket-Bat02.jpg

Blinger1
02-09-2009, 05:54 AM
The same reason why Australians occasionally buy English equipment, it could turn out cheaper :rolleyes:

Australian made stuff could be better, you take the risk and it could pay off..

What have you got against Australia/Australian things anyway?

Tintinnabulate
02-09-2009, 01:39 PM
The same reason why Australians occasionally buy English equipment, it could turn out cheaper :rolleyes:

Australian made stuff could be better, you take the risk and it could pay off..

What have you got against Australia/Australian things anyway?

My opinion is that he is anti-Non-English. Complains about everything which isn't England. Best to just ignore his posts in the future, will just cause arguments.

StefanWolves
02-09-2009, 01:54 PM
My opinion is that he is anti-Non-English. Complains about everything which isn't England. Best to just ignore his posts in the future, will just cause arguments.

Something called 'patriotic' my dear, you should dip into it sometime? :)

Tintinnabulate
02-09-2009, 02:53 PM
Something called 'patriotic' my dear, you should dip into it sometime? :)

That doesn't mean hate every other country.
www.dictionary.com FYI.

StefanWolves
02-09-2009, 03:01 PM
That doesn't mean hate every other country.
www.dictionary.com FYI.

No, I don't like Australia, they're cocky people in general, and are up themselves, And I do not have to explain any other reasons to you or anyone.

You don't like England
I don't like Australia

Sorted? :D

Tintinnabulate
02-09-2009, 06:42 PM
I love England :) just not their Cricket team.

StefanWolves
02-09-2009, 09:24 PM
I love England :) just not their Cricket team.

Fair enough then. :P

Andeeh
02-09-2009, 11:26 PM
The aussies are always gracious in defeat well most are and i give them respect for that.

anyway has clowgon found a bat yet?/

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!