PDA

View Full Version : Buisness Studies Trips

Lost_Addict
03-09-2009, 05:17 PM
Ok i want to know if anyone else who takes buisness studies has the sort of same idea that my college has.

I've only just enrolled for college and start up on the 14th, yet they've already comfirmed 2 trips
1. to mawell zoo for team building rofl XD
2. a trip to barcelona

and they said theres still loads to be comfirmed

so i was wondering does anyone else taking that course have many trips?

GommeInc
03-09-2009, 05:24 PM
This is the first I've heard of business studies trips :S Is it actually to learn something about business, or just a trip so the tutors don't have to teach you for a few days? :P Business studies is one of those subjects that really doesn't have to do trips, so random :P

PaulMacC
03-09-2009, 08:14 PM
My school has a few trips, we're going to multiple companies over the year. The biggest trip is for my Politics class though, we're going to London for 4 days

Caution
03-09-2009, 08:40 PM
This is the first I've heard of business studies trips :S Is it actually to learn something about business, or just a trip so the tutors don't have to teach you for a few days? :P Business studies is one of those subjects that really doesn't have to do trips, so random :P
I'd say it was one where it's good to go on a trip actually. I went to Barcelona for a few days and we went to factories and had to write up every night about what we'd learnt (marketing, what type of company it was and stuff). It was a bit of a skive tbh, we went to PortAventura and had to write how it was partly run by advertising and stuff :rolleyes:. The teachers were out in the pubs and clubs most nights, It's for them as well.:P

Sunny.
03-09-2009, 09:03 PM
We have a few
Jaguar
Cadburys world
Birmingham Bull Ring centre
Toyota

Not bin on a trip since yr 9 lool!

GommeInc
03-09-2009, 09:43 PM
I'd say it was one where it's good to go on a trip actually. I went to Barcelona for a few days and we went to factories and had to write up every night about what we'd learnt (marketing, what type of company it was and stuff). It was a bit of a skive tbh, we went to PortAventura and had to write how it was partly run by advertising and stuff :rolleyes:. The teachers were out in the pubs and clubs most nights, It's for them as well.:P
Skive lol, exactly what I meant :P Why do you need to go away to learn about a business when you've got loads sitting right infront of you? :P

Marketing for Cadbury's? Loads of business have handbooks online discussing enviromental, economic, social, technical and political issues (or STEEP, as businesses courses call it :P). Then again, I don't see why I'm even saying this, because I wouldn't really complain going on an organised holiday (which it is, kinda).

Lost_Addict
03-09-2009, 10:52 PM
lol free choco tasting? XD

Anyway Mawell is for team building lol

and barcelona is for studying buisnesses in foreign countries

Black_Apalachi
04-09-2009, 06:58 AM
Every year the A2 Business Class at my school gets the opportunity to go to New York (it only cost me £200 as well thanks to EMA :eusa_danc). Was definitely the experience of a lifetime.

I can't remember the smaller ones we did, there were only one or two like one to some British Gas offices. That was a great laugh that day actually :D.

Fifteen
04-09-2009, 07:13 AM
At my college - AS travel and tourism get to go to New York and AS politics get to go to Washington and Paris.

AlexOC
05-09-2009, 07:09 PM
Aww at my school its just local trips.

Old Trafford :@
City On Manchester Stadium :D

And small shops.

Lost_Addict
08-09-2009, 12:53 AM
according to my mate whos the year ahead of me, last years buisness got to go to disney land aswell rofl XD

kre8ive
08-09-2009, 08:42 AM
My Business Studies were going to go to Paris (Disney) for a few Lectures on businesses in a Disney Hotel where lots of Businesses were meeting and like 3 days at the actual theme park - Never happened.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!