PDA

View Full Version : It's the thread you all knew was coming...

lBlue
12-09-2009, 05:11 PM
OK, just to start off I'll make it clear that if you want a decent review of what I thought of the game close this and
check out the weekly mathchday thread. I don't want to create arguments however if you do, do so on your own
behalf - not mine. After all, it wont be me starting it. Done, made it clear.

Today we played Arsenal. The side which many of you tried to mock me for when I was giving banter to the Arsenal fans.
I was saying City will overtake them in a number of months/seasons. Many of you couldn't see this and laughed, you said
we need to buy defenders, we'll conceed too many goals, we have too many strikers, we could field a starting line up of
strikers. Well today City proved why I was giving the banter to the Arsenal fans. We dominated the first half. They
dominated twenty minutes in the second half. We scored four. They scored two. Simple maths really eh?

I would just like to ask the following people (if you decided to read this thread, I did warn you that this thread wasn't
going to be my full judgement of the game) if they'll still write me off when I give banter to the clubs which I fully
believe we could harm.

Let's put it this way,

Money city won't win the league with Mark Hughes in charge. If you had someone like Mourinho then fair play your in there.

Cisse, still going to write off City? Do you still believe we wont be able to challenge the "top four" with Hughes in
charge? Be honest.

*Removed*
Mourinho = better manager than Hughes, which = managing the team better, which = team plays better, which = players have more confidence in the manager.

Not hard.

Edited by Catzsy [Forum Super Moderator]: Please do not make comments that could offend others. Thanks.

I must say, you've been alright since the Wolves game. I believe most of your posts were a bit of banter aimed at trying to
wind me up in the running up to the Wolves game. However I will ask you the same thing.

Do you really believe Mourinho could get more out of this current city team? The side which has won all the games they've
played in the PL this year, the side which just beat Arsenal 4:2? Come on be honest.

I never used to notice someone so *Removed* in the sports forum before, maybe the money has gone to your head. Also, don't patronise me, just because I never used to post as much doesn't mean I'm not active.

I think if anyone will challange, it will be Everton as they haven't sold anyone big yet like AV, and they also have the 3rd best manager in the league imo. City will do well next season.

Edited by Catzsy [Forum Super Moderator]: Please do not be rude to others. Thanks.

Come on, can you remove the red tinted specs for a little bit and answer honestly?

You hit Everton the same way Flintoff used to hit a cricket ball. Moyes ruined his dressing room trying to keep Lescott,
that was an idiotic move from the "third best manager in the league". Anyway, do you now finally believe that City could be
a very hard challenge next year? MAYBE even this year?

I laugh at these young naive city fans, your players arent exactly to the calibre of chelsea's in terms of having money to burn so I dont exactly see why you think your team is anything special, the players you have bought are ok at best. Ade banged in an 30 for us once but turned into a bighead with interest from milan and that turned him into a stuck up ego driven lazyboy so Im glad hes gone, was gutted about toure but vermaelen had a cracker today.

Comne back to us arsenal fans at the end of the season ladies :) x

The other posters so far I've handled a fair amount of respect for. You? You called me naive. You? You called me young in
a derogative manner, making it sound like I know nothing about the game. You? You called me a lady.
You? You told me to come back to you at the end of the season.

Do I still need to come back to you? Even after today? Yes we're a number of games in however you honestly can't still
believe we wont be a harder challenge than you believed?

I believe everyone who decided to read this thread will be able to state who the naive and "young fan" is.

We're second, what's your point Blue?

Ahhh the grime boy. See "Lethal Bizzle" on Soccer AM this morning? Yer well that has nothing to do with this topic.
I wont say anything about your post, I believe it's best left untouched.

chelsea built a team, all positions. not just offensive minded players. city have had a crap tour and will be mid table this season.

Aha, finally lost our clean sheet run today. I see what you mean... I honestly do... No really, I'm telling the truth.

:L pretty dumb imo but thats manchester for you

PMSL. I'm undecided. Shall I leave this post or shall I look into it? I'll leave the quote here, it speaks for itself.

City will fail, mark my words. These "good" players all have different styles and they haven't planned out a clever strategy

Hughes has Marked your words and will get back to you in the next 48 hours.

I'll leave this thread with the Adebayor celebration, before someone mentions anything about the West Ham game I suggest
you read the matchday thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vjlww0gMEOc

One last thing, I'm fully aware someone will try and use this thread in the future. Possibly next week. I'll state now, this is not me saying City are going to be unbeatable etc. This is me asking those fans who said City wont be too much of a challenge if they still believe that.

4:2
:eusa_clap

Andys
12-09-2009, 05:17 PM
you beat them, great, give it a rest.
im not even gunna bother reading the thread, but burnley beat man utd and everton, does that mean theyr gunna break into the top 4 too?

lBlue
12-09-2009, 05:20 PM
you beat them, great, give it a rest.
im not even gunna bother reading the thread, but burnley beat man utd and everton, does that mean theyr gunna break into the top 4 too?
And that's why you should of read it or as I stated read the matchday thread for my opinion on the game... :rolleyes:.

Andys
12-09-2009, 05:23 PM
why would i want to waste about 15 minutes of my time reading what you've wrote to try and convince me that you will break into the top 4.
it's 5 games in geez, we're 6th *** spurs are second. just because you've had a good start don't mean you're gunna break into the top four, look at hull last season.

lBlue
12-09-2009, 05:26 PM
why would i want to waste about 15 minutes of my time reading what you've wrote to try and convince me that you will break into the top 4.
it's 5 games in geez, we're 6th *** spurs are second. just because you've had a good start don't mean you're gunna break into the top four, look at hull last season.
Please stop posting in here if you don't have the courtesy to read the first paragraph. This thread wasn't for that. Now please either leave or read it properly then post...

Smits
12-09-2009, 05:26 PM
I find it ironic how you ended with the following

One last thing, I'm fully aware someone will try and use this thread in the future. Possibly next week. I'll state now, this is not me saying City are going to be unbeatable etc. This is me asking those fans who said City wont be too much of a challenge if they still believe that.

COnsidering your ignorance throughout the whole post.

lBlue
12-09-2009, 05:27 PM
I find it ironic how you ended with the following

COnsidering your ignorance throughout the whole post.
It's not ignorance, it's asking the people if they still believe in what they believed at the start of the season...

At least you read it though before posting, so I shall thank you for doing that.

FlyingJesus
12-09-2009, 05:30 PM
Isn't that little disclaimer basically you saying you don't think it'll last though? Losing one match is upsetting for a club I'm sure but it doesn't mean that the side they lose to are a challenge, just an obstacle in the real challenge

lBlue
12-09-2009, 05:34 PM
Isn't that little disclaimer basically you saying you don't think it'll last though? Losing one match is upsetting for a club I'm sure but it doesn't mean that the side they lose to are a challenge, just an obstacle in the real challenge
Not really. No club can be unbeatable. I'm just asking those people if they still believe that we wont be that big of a challenge.

Flamedragon3
12-09-2009, 05:46 PM
Just got back from the game, and what a game it was. Arsenal could have easily nicked the game at the end when they hit the post twice and if it wern't for Shay Given they would have drawn or possibly won.

I know a lot of people will start going 'it was only one game, hardly means you will break the top four'. Well just let us City fans be happy for once, eh? We've just beaten Arsenal with a side that is now looking to be in the top six, and if we work hard enough, we could try to push for the top four. We have the players we need on the field, and we have the players we need on the bench.

Bring on the Derby! :D

Browney
12-09-2009, 05:50 PM
Today has only made me consider City's top 4 chances. But atleast I am considering it.

lBlue
12-09-2009, 05:51 PM
Today has only made me consider City's top 4 chances. But atleast I am considering it.
This is the sort of posts I was looking to see. How peoples reactions changed or even stayed the same.

CJW93
12-09-2009, 05:55 PM
That is some celibration. Arsenal fans going crazy at Adebayors celebration was funny

CHA!NGANG
12-09-2009, 06:12 PM
My opinion of City has changed slightly. I think in there current form, yes they can break into the top 4. But, I think that later in the season will be the true test and you can't say anything after 4 games, seeing as there are another 34 left to play...

However, my opinion of you hasn't changed at all. I still think you are arrogant, annoying and very immature. You don't see Spurs fans posting a thread about how they are doing well, and quoting people that have said they won't do well in the past. You made two threads about Arsenal Injurys, however, no Arsenal fan posted about how Tevez and Robi were injured. You slate people that make threads that are quite relevant about sports, then you make stupid and pointless threads like this. You seem to think you absolutly dominated us in this game, yet according to SSN and other people, it was pretty even and we dominated for large parts too.

You are very very very cocky, and very much a hypocrit and wondor why people don't like you on here.

As for you quoting me, well, I stick to Moyes being the 3rd/4th best manager in the league. He has started badly, and will improve. City went around going Lescott poorly and think because they have money they can get anyone but it's not going to happen. Lescott was a waste of money, and Vermalen is a better player, and was only £10 Mill.

Yes, City can break into the top 4, I never said that they couldn't I said it might not happen this season, but I think it will the next and I still think that. 4 games show nothing, however, I will give City there respect, they have started well, and against us today probably deserved to win (I can't say that until I have watched the game fully), but definently not 4 - 2.

Anyway, to sum that up, well done City you've done well so far, but lBlue, stop thinking you are the only City fan on the Forum and that your above everyone else, because your not, and I know you'll disagree with this which is fair enough as it is only my opinion (P.S. I know I will probably get warned or whatever for this post but it was needed).

Flamedragon3
12-09-2009, 06:23 PM
My opinion of City has changed slightly. I think in there current form, yes they can break into the top 4. But, I think that later in the season will be the true test and you can't say anything after 4 games, seeing as there are another 34 left to play...

However, my opinion of you hasn't changed at all. I still think you are arrogant, annoying and very immature. You don't see Spurs fans posting a thread about how they are doing well, and quoting people that have said they won't do well in the past. You made two threads about Arsenal Injurys, however, no Arsenal fan posted about how Tevez and Robi were injured. You slate people that make threads that are quite relevant about sports, then you make stupid and pointless threads like this. You seem to think you absolutly dominated us in this game, yet according to SSN and other people, it was pretty even and we dominated for large parts too.

You are very very very cocky, and very much a hypocrit and wondor why people don't like you on here.

As for you quoting me, well, I stick to Moyes being the 3rd/4th best manager in the league. He has started badly, and will improve. City went around going Lescott poorly and think because they have money they can get anyone but it's not going to happen. Lescott was a waste of money, and Vermalen is a better player, and was only £10 Mill.

Yes, City can break into the top 4, I never said that they couldn't I said it might not happen this season, but I think it will the next and I still think that. 4 games show nothing, however, I will give City there respect, they have started well, and against us today probably deserved to win (I can't say that until I have watched the game fully), but definently not 4 - 2.

Anyway, to sum that up, well done City you've done well so far, but lBlue, stop thinking you are the only City fan on the Forum and that your above everyone else, because your not, and I know you'll disagree with this which is fair enough as it is only my opinion (P.S. I know I will probably get warned or whatever for this post but it was needed).
I didn't know there were any Spurs fans that looked at the Sports section on this forum?

Well Vermalen let four goals slip past his defence, whereas Lescott let only two.

It honestly could have been any score. Arsenal could have easily won 6-4, but luckily City had the post and Shay Given to thank for that not happening. But I'll be happy with City for taking the three points against one of Europe's greatest clubs. :)

lBlue
12-09-2009, 06:27 PM

I'm cocky? I was seeing if peoples views have changed considering this was the game City fans felt the world would take notice if we put in a decent performance. And it looks like we're correct. Peoples views are changing, I stated I wasn't looking for an argument which you're trying to cause. I am merely seeing if views are changing. It's hardly stupid and pointless considering it appears Robbie has allowed it to be posted due to the fact he was viewing it as soon as it was posted, at least it looks like he can see the meaning of this thread.

I said my view of the game isn't in this post. It's in the matchday thread, this is a totally different thread.

I don't think I'm above anyone, I agree with the views that I want to agree on and disagree with the rest.

Most of it is banter, at least some people can spot that.

Jack.Lfc
12-09-2009, 06:31 PM
I've always said city will be up there, however i think they will fall back a bit as the season goes on. The african nations will hit them hard.

lBlue
12-09-2009, 06:34 PM
I've always said city will be up there, however i think they will fall back a bit as the season goes on. The african nations will hit them hard.
Kompany/Ned in for Toure and RSC in for Adebayor. :P

CHA!NGANG
12-09-2009, 06:35 PM
I didn't know there were any Spurs fans that looked at the Sports section on this forum?

Well Vermalen let four goals slip past his defence, whereas Lescott let only two.

It honestly could have been any score. Arsenal could have easily won 6-4, but luckily City had the post and Shay Given to thank for that not happening. But I'll be happy with City for taking the three points against one of Europe's greatest clubs. :)

Compared to the money that was doshed out for the two and other things such as age, I'd say Vermalen was a better buy. You won fair and square so good on you for that, but when lBlue says that City dominated, he clearly wasn't watching or hearing about the same game everyone else did. The score wasn't representative of the game (if that is a word), and it shouldn't have been 4 - 2, should have been about 5 - 4 to you in my opinion or even 5 - 5, but it could have gone either way and I'm looking forward to watching it later. Shay from what i've heard was by far your best player and buy and has always been an amazing keeper really.

I'm cocky? I was seeing if peoples views have changed considering this was the game City fans felt the world would take notice if we put in a decent performance. And it looks like we're correct. Peoples views are changing, I stated I wasn't looking for an argument which you're trying to cause. I am merely seeing if views are changing. It's hardly stupid and pointless considering it appears Robbie has allowed it to be posted due to the fact he was viewing it as soon as it was posted, at least it looks like he can see the meaning of this thread.

I said my view of the game isn't in this post. It's in the matchday thread, this is a totally different thread.

I don't think I'm above anyone, I agree with the views that I want to agree on and disagree with the rest.

Most of it is banter, at least some people can spot that.

So you made this thread, to proove that you were right? If that's not arrogance and cockyness I don't know what is.

By being above people, I mean you seem to think posting a thread about Toure being captain is pointless and stupid, then you make two threads about injuries to Arsenal players, that are pointless, stupid, and not needed.

Oh, and clearly people didn't see this as banter seeing as the first 4 posts in this thread are slating you :rolleyes:

EDIT: I won't make this thread into an arguement between me and you, so I'll leave it as that. Everything I've said is my opinion of you and City and your entitled to yours.

Jack.Lfc
12-09-2009, 06:38 PM
Still i dont think they can keep up this form for the rest of this season, however i think they'll be in the top 4.

lBlue
12-09-2009, 06:40 PM
Compared to the money that was doshed out for the two and other things such as age, I'd say Vermalen was a better buy. You won fair and square so good on you for that, but when lBlue says that City dominated, he clearly wasn't watching or hearing about the same game everyone else did. The score wasn't representative of the game (if that is a word), and it shouldn't have been 4 - 2, should have been about 5 - 4 to you in my opinion or even 5 - 5, but it could have gone either way and I'm looking forward to watching it later. Shay from what i've heard was by far your best player and buy and has always been an amazing keeper really.

So you made this thread, to proove that you were right? If that's not arrogance and cockyness I don't know what is.

By being above people, I mean you seem to think posting a thread about Toure being captain is pointless and stupid, then you make two threads about injuries to Arsenal players, that are pointless, stupid, and not needed.

Oh, and clearly people didn't see this as banter seeing as the first 4 posts in this thread are slating you :rolleyes:

EDIT: I won't make this thread into an arguement between me and you, so I'll leave it as that. Everything I've said is my opinion of you and City and your entitled to yours.
How do you know it should of been those scores? I was there, I watched it... anyway like I said. This thread does not represent my views of the game.

What do you mean I made the thread to prove I was right? I made it to see if peoples opinions changed, which it appears like they have...

And I said some people.

Thank you for leaving this thread, I don't want it locked considering I still want other peoples reviews on whether or not they believe City will be a harder challenge than what they thought.

Flamedragon3
12-09-2009, 06:42 PM
Given - Taylor
Richards - Zabaleta
Toure - Onouha
Lescott - Kompany
Bridge - Sylvinho
Wright-Phillips - Weiss
Ireland - De Jong
Barry - Kompany/Zabaleta
Robinho - Petrov
Adebayour - Santa Cruz
Tevez - Bellamy

Bring on the African Cup of Nations!

Jack.Lfc
12-09-2009, 06:45 PM
Did adebayor run the length of the pitch to dance infront of the arsenal fans?

Flamedragon3
12-09-2009, 06:48 PM
Did adebayor run the length of the pitch to dance infront of the arsenal fans?
That was so funny. They were chucking bottles and anything they could find. One Arsenal fan threw a programme at us, but someone caught it and started celebrating on his freebie lol. :P

That was also the fastest he moved through the entire game... Most of the time he just walked it. :rolleyes:

CHA!NGANG
12-09-2009, 06:49 PM
How do you know it should of been those scores? I was there, I watched it... anyway like I said. This thread does not represent my views of the game.

What do you mean I made the thread to prove I was right? I made it to see if peoples opinions changed, which it appears like they have...

And I said some people.

Thank you for leaving this thread, I don't want it locked considering I still want other peoples reviews on whether or not they believe City will be a harder challenge than what they thought.

I don't know it should have been it's what I think, but like I said I want to watch it later. I hope its the Football First main game.

You won't loose that many players to ACON so that won't be a big thing, but I wanna see you play Chelsea. I think you might beat United and maybe Liverpool but Chelsea I think will win. Also, I think you will drop some silly points later on in the season.

P.S. By leaving, I meant I won't argue with you so it won't get closed.

lBlue
12-09-2009, 06:53 PM
That was so funny. They were chucking bottles and anything they could find. One Arsenal fan threw a programme at us, but someone caught it and started celebrating on his freebie lol. :P

That was also the fastest he moved through the entire game... Most of the time he just walked it. :rolleyes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vjlww0gMEOc

I don't know it should have been it's what I think, but like I said I want to watch it later. I hope its the Football First main game.

You won't loose that many players to ACON so that won't be a big thing, but I wanna see you play Chelsea. I think you might beat United and maybe Liverpool but Chelsea I think will win. Also, I think you will drop some silly points later on in the season.

It's the main game, says on the information bit. :eusa_clap

I don't want to see us play Chelsea pmsl!

k kl.

And dragon, you in 110? Someone did that by us.

Flamedragon3

I wish! I don't know if City are good enough to beat 3/4 of the top four. Thats a challenge the big four themselves find hard to accomplish. If Arsenal play the way they did today, then there's no doubt that you will stay in the top four.

Jack.Lfc
Eastlands is a ******* of a place too go, City always give you a hard game. Looking forward to going there this season though. If Liverpool dont win the league, I'd love city to win it.

But i think its chelsea's this year.

Flamedragon3
12-09-2009, 06:58 PM
And dragon, you in 110? Someone did that by us.
So you was in the South Stand?

BoomItsClowgon
12-09-2009, 07:22 PM
*REMOVED* You beat Arsenal. ******* wonderful. You do know that is only 5 games into the season? :rolleyes:.

Edited by Hecktix (Forum Moderator): Please do not be rude to other members.

Jack.Lfc
12-09-2009, 07:25 PM
Yeh beating arsenal is wonderful.

Jibbish
12-09-2009, 07:28 PM
Yeh beating arsenal is wonderful.
Yeah and liverpool :D

Jack.Lfc
12-09-2009, 07:31 PM
Sod off :)

Shame i was on holiday for that game... Not

CHA!NGANG
12-09-2009, 09:05 PM
K after watching the match, Adebayor showed very bad sportsmanship. He stomped on RVP and then made a stupid celebration. Also, we definently need a new keeper. You saw the difference between Given and Almunia, Almunia is a decent keeper, but is holding us back. The first goal was unlucky, but was an OG by him in the end. Bellamys was hard to stop. Adebayor's was hard but he could have got down a bit more and SWP, well, I think if that was Given then he would have saved it. Almunia needed to get closer to the ball and spread himself better but it was an easy chip for SWP.

That, hopefully, will be the first thing we change in Jan even though it should have been done last month.

Anyway, Score wise... I think it should have been closer. We hit the bar, had a Hand ball from Barry denied, Gallas missed a header which he had loads of space for, Adebayor cleared off the line and there were other chances too, but apart from City's goals, they didn't really have other chances on target so I think that it should have been at least 4 - 3, maybe even 4 - 4.

lBlue
12-09-2009, 09:26 PM
*REMOVED* You beat Arsenal. ******* wonderful. You do know that is only 5 games into the season? :rolleyes:.

Edited by Hecktix (Forum Moderator): Please do not be rude to other members.

*REMOVED*

K after watching the match, Adebayor showed very bad sportsmanship. He stomped on RVP and then made a stupid celebration. Also, we definently need a new keeper. You saw the difference between Given and Almunia, Almunia is a decent keeper, but is holding us back. The first goal was unlucky, but was an OG by him in the end. Bellamys was hard to stop. Adebayor's was hard but he could have got down a bit more and SWP, well, I think if that was Given then he would have saved it. Almunia needed to get closer to the ball and spread himself better but it was an easy chip for SWP.

That, hopefully, will be the first thing we change in Jan even though it should have been done last month.

Anyway, Score wise... I think it should have been closer. We hit the bar, had a Hand ball from Barry denied, Gallas missed a header which he had loads of space for, Adebayor cleared off the line and there were other chances too, but apart from City's goals, they didn't really have other chances on target so I think that it should have been at least 4 - 3, maybe even 4 - 4.
It wasn't on purpose I don't think. Only he knows. The second angle looked like he wasn't trying to dodge him, the first looks like he did it on purpose. It'll be a rash decision if he has action taken against him considering only he knows if it was on purpose or not whereas the Vidic incident etc don't get anything and he slapped the player.

The celebration? Well first of all, how much racial abuse was he subjected to during his time at Arsenal? In the first half how often did a group of Arsenal fans sing about his dead dad? If that was you then I believe you would do the same. He's said sorry for the celebration and incident with Van ***** anyway.

Oh and the celebration? Van ***** ran over to the South Stand shouting "**** off" to the City fans. Not very nice is it? And he wasn't subject to any abuse.

Didn't have any other chances on target? Arsenal are the club who didn't make Given save anything till the second half...

Ahh well, end of the day we got the three points in very convincing manner.

Edited by Hecktix (Forum Moderator): Please don't post to cause arguements

AlexOC
12-09-2009, 09:30 PM
Who did we play today?

i forgot we was playing

CHA!NGANG
12-09-2009, 09:33 PM
*REMOVED*

It wasn't on purpose I don't think. Only he knows. The second angle looked like he wasn't trying to dodge him, the first looks like he did it on purpose. It'll be a rash decision if he has action taken against him considering only he knows if it was on purpose or not whereas the Vidic incident etc don't get anything and he slapped the player.

The celebration? Well first of all, how much racial abuse was he subjected to during his time at Arsenal? In the first half how often did a group of Arsenal fans sing about his dead dad? If that was you then I believe you would do the same. He's said sorry for the celebration and incident with Van ***** anyway.

Oh and the celebration? Van ***** ran over to the South Stand shouting "**** off" to the City fans. Not very nice is it? And he wasn't subject to any abuse.

Didn't have any other chances on target? Arsenal are the club who didn't make Given save anything till the second half...

Yeah but in the 2nd half we had at least 5 chances that could have been goals, whilst City probably only had 1 or 2. At the end of the day you won yeah so doesn't matter too much but I suppose we've got rid of two of the 4 main games we had to play quite early so should only go up from here, plus Nasri, Walcott and Arshavin to come back, and Rosicky has just come back so things can only get better.

You have to admit, he shouldn't have run the whole pitch, to celebrate in front of Arsenal fans. Without Arsenal who knows where his career would have gone and no matter what he says, Arsenal fans did respect him quite a bit but he just got lazy so some fans turned on him for that. Race wasn't really much to do with it, it was the fact he was lazy.

lBlue
12-09-2009, 09:39 PM
*REMOVED*

Edited by Hecktix (Forum Moderator): Please don't post to cause arguements

Yeah but in the 2nd half we had at least 5 chances that could have been goals, whilst City probably only had 1 or 2. At the end of the day you won yeah so doesn't matter too much but I suppose we've got rid of two of the 4 main games we had to play quite early so should only go up from here, plus Nasri, Walcott and Arshavin to come back, and Rosicky has just come back so things can only get better.

You have to admit, he shouldn't have run the whole pitch, to celebrate in front of Arsenal fans. Without Arsenal who knows where his career would have gone and no matter what he says, Arsenal fans did respect him quite a bit but he just got lazy so some fans turned on him for that. Race wasn't really much to do with it, it was the fact he was lazy.
True however it did turn racial singing about his dad washing elephants etc. Heard a little bit of another song today which made me feel sick.

Anyway, didn't Henry do it against Spuds? :lol:

And fair enough however we were missing Robinho and Tevez. ;p

Browney
12-09-2009, 09:46 PM
It's worth remembering though, City beat Arsenal by a similar result last year.

adaym
12-09-2009, 09:52 PM
Jesus Christ Matthew - you make a thread and don't gloat as much? What is the world coming to?

Anyway - you were at home today, you won against 4th place opposition. I reckon you'll get 6th still. 5th if one of the big four drop out - I don't think so, not this year. Even if Arsenal come 5th though, Usmanov will pretty much force a takeover and you should know what Usmanov means... ;)

A good win for your lot today though, I haven't seen it but it looked pretty convincing from what I've heard. Just don't expect to win every game. It will still be a big challenge. Very, very big. Good luck is all I can say. You know me, I don't care as much for Arsenal results nowadays as I have more local problems to deal with.

StefanWolves
12-09-2009, 10:19 PM
Wow, this thread is just gonna cause more arguments.

Jibbish
12-09-2009, 10:36 PM
http://i27.tinypic.com/1ruomd.gif

StefanWolves
12-09-2009, 10:39 PM
http://i27.tinypic.com/1ruomd.gif

good player, but he should be ashamed of himself for that, and his celebration, just foolish.

lBlue
12-09-2009, 10:40 PM
good player, but he should be ashamed of himself for that, and his celebration, just foolish.
he said sorry for the celebration and he was trying to miss van persies hand. :eusa_danc

StefanWolves
12-09-2009, 10:52 PM
he said sorry for the celebration and he was trying to miss van persies hand. :eusa_danc

i know, but that doesn't excuse what he did lol. :eusa_danc

Jack.Lfc
12-09-2009, 11:16 PM
Miss his hand? He only just missed his eye.

Disaronno
12-09-2009, 11:49 PM
From an Arsenal fan (me)

Congrats City, my opinion on where you will has not changed;

Reason being that you (city) beat Arsenal last season, after Christmas, if city are still in the top 5 and play Arsenal at the emirates and win my opinion will change of the power and presence within the league that city behold. Also, if city can go to stamford bridge and win, city will go higher in my books. But i doubt they will, i think Stamfrod bridge will be the place to win trophies this season, i also believe if Arsenal do not win the league, Chelsea will.

I agree we need a new goalkeeper, didnt want to say it, but i think its time.

I believe next season, if city buy correctly and dont splash stupid money - they will be more of a presence and maybe teams will not want to go there and manchester will be even harder to go to?

Simmzay
13-09-2009, 04:39 AM
City were the better team which isn't really saying much.

Browney
13-09-2009, 08:47 AM

He threw his foot down! I could've hopped away on one leg. He'll get a ban.

lBlue
13-09-2009, 09:21 AM
He threw his foot down! I could've hopped away on one leg. He'll get a ban.
He didn't, a stamp is what Ball did to Ronaldo and Ronaldo did that bloke.

That if anything, was a kick.

(I am of course talking about the camera angle on the videos and when its not slowed down, I am aware of how it looks in this camera angle. Thank fully the FA will look at other camera angles as well to decide)

He'll get a fine at the most due to Vidic being let off for slapping the bloke.

DieselShaq
13-09-2009, 09:54 AM
You beat them once. Big deal.

And you seriously have too much time.

Jack.Lfc
13-09-2009, 12:12 PM
He'll get a ban, the FA are looking at 2 incidents. If i rember correctly gary nevielle got a 2 match ban for clebrating infront of the liverpool fans.

lBlue
13-09-2009, 12:14 PM
You beat them once. Big deal.

And you seriously have too much time.

Might want to read the opening paragraph of the thread then decide to either carry on reading or leave the thread all together. It would prevent a post like the above.

He'll get a ban, the FA are looking at 2 incidents. If i rember correctly gary nevielle got a 2 match ban for clebrating infront of the liverpool fans.
He got a £5,000 fine. He got booked for the celebration so the FA can't do anything because the referee recognised it. As for the ban? We'll challenge it with evidence which will at least delay it till after the derby.

Jack.Lfc
13-09-2009, 12:21 PM
he Football Association have confirmed that they will 'take a close look' at the two incidents involving Emmanuel Adebayor in Manchester City's 4-2 win over Arsenal.

They'l put them both together and ban him. He shouldnt miss the man u game tho.

Flamedragon3
13-09-2009, 01:40 PM
What's most annoying about the ban that Adebayor will most likely recieve, is that Bosingwa got away with what he did to Benayoun. But the reason he got away with it was because the linesman saw the incident and thought best to do nothing, whereas no-one really saw the clash Adebayor did to Van Persie, meaning the FA can get involved. :/

CHA!NGANG
13-09-2009, 01:47 PM
What's most annoying about the ban that Adebayor will most likely recieve, is that Bosingwa got away with what he did to Benayoun. But the reason he got away with it was because the linesman saw the incident and thought best to do nothing, whereas no-one really saw the clash Adebayor did to Van Persie, meaning the FA can get involved. :/

Now you know what Arsenal fans feel about Eduardo :P It's a stupid rule, if anything it should be the other way around. Hefty punishments if the player is caught on the pitch, if he isn't then a lesser punishment by the FA. What Ade did was wrong, he kicked Robins face on purpose so it seems, and then carelessly celebrated in front of the opposite end, and ran the whole pitch to do so, so he deserves to be banned and any City fan that argues otherwise is stupid to be honest.

They need to bring in technology basically, and need to do it quickly to stop these things happening.

Feep
13-09-2009, 01:59 PM
If you have good players then usualy you'd have a good team.

If arshavin wasn't injured he would of put a couple away for arsenal. Untill yesterday I thought Spurs were the best team in the premiership since the season started.

If Man City end above spurs I'll be suprised ;)

lBlue
13-09-2009, 02:24 PM
Now you know what Arsenal fans feel about Eduardo :P It's a stupid rule, if anything it should be the other way around. Hefty punishments if the player is caught on the pitch, if he isn't then a lesser punishment by the FA. What Ade did was wrong, he kicked Robins face on purpose so it seems, and then carelessly celebrated in front of the opposite end, and ran the whole pitch to do so, so he deserves to be banned and any City fan that argues otherwise is stupid to be honest.

They need to bring in technology basically, and need to do it quickly to stop these things happening.
He said sorry for the celebration, emotions got the best of him. Not condoning what he did but the amount of racial abuse he got while at Arsenal was hideous. Anyway, nobodies mentioned Van Persie telling the City fans to **** off? Scored at the away end however he ran to the City end and shouted **** off to everyone.

If you have good players then usualy you'd have a good team.

If arshavin wasn't injured he would of put a couple away for arsenal. Untill yesterday I thought Spurs were the best team in the premiership since the season started.

If Man City end above spurs I'll be suprised ;)
City didn't have Robinho or Tevez.

And lol at the last bit.

StefanWolves
13-09-2009, 02:27 PM
He said sorry for the celebration, emotions got the best of him. Not condoning what he did but the amount of racial abuse he got while at Arsenal was hideous. Anyway, nobodies mentioned Van Persie telling the City fans to **** off? Scored at the away end however he ran to the City end and shouted **** off to everyone.

City didn't have Robinho or Tevez.

And lol at the last bit.

You're right, there is no condoning it, and he should be punished accordingly, and if what you say is true about V.Persie, then he should be punished too.

I was impressed by City yesterday, I have to admit.

Jack.Lfc
13-09-2009, 02:30 PM
http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=139626

Petition to get rvp banned.

I actually Lol'd

Immenseman
13-09-2009, 02:31 PM
right, you got outplayed through phases of the game. after the equaliser arsenal were on top and pushing, city go defensive get a lucky break. game over. score line was more than flattering. i still say your defending was awful, as can be seen with the rosicky goal, great backline there. or how about when van persie turned lescott as if he wasn't there, great 20 million signing there. people said arsenal would be out of the top 4 this season, that hasn't changed.

a week today, we'll see ;)

StefanWolves
13-09-2009, 02:34 PM
right, you got outplayed through phases of the game. after the equaliser arsenal were on top and pushing, city go defensive get a lucky break. game over. score line was more than flattering. i still say your defending was awful, as can be seen with the rosicky goal, great backline there. or how about when van persie turned lescott as if he wasn't there, great 20 million signing there. people said arsenal would be out of the top 4 this season, that hasn't changed.

a week today, we'll see ;)

yeh but you lost to burnley

oh no i d'int

Immenseman
13-09-2009, 05:25 PM
yeah but you're going to get relegated

oh no i "d'int"

AlexOC
13-09-2009, 07:13 PM
yeh but you lost to burnley

oh no i d'int

oh no i "d'int"

I can assure you, you both did.

StefanWolves
13-09-2009, 07:36 PM

oh no i "d'int"

mine was fact

yours is opinion

oh yes i did

AlexOC
13-09-2009, 07:46 PM
I don't think Wolves will get relegated.

I did.

StefanWolves
13-09-2009, 07:48 PM
I don't think Wolves will get relegated.

I did.

now i luv u!

AlexOC
13-09-2009, 07:50 PM
Haha, no your strong enough to stay up, i like Wolves tho, my sister supports them :)

StefanWolves
13-09-2009, 07:54 PM
Haha, no your strong enough to stay up, i like Wolves tho, my sister supports them :)

shes cool then! :P

wolves are strong enough, especially when our 5 main players are back from injury. (ebanks, iwelumo, kightly, craddock, foley) - both great players for us last season. :8

Browney
14-09-2009, 06:18 PM
I hope Ade gets a ban. It's a disgrace, a ******* disgrace!

Excellent2
14-09-2009, 08:02 PM
Didn't you leave? I guess you haven't decided to retire from Manchester Habbo's team then?

AlexOC
14-09-2009, 08:03 PM
Didn't you leave? I guess you haven't decided to retire from Manchester Habbo's team then?

Whom??

lBlue
14-09-2009, 08:57 PM
Pardon? If you mean me I was banned. Why? Can't cope with an opinion from the footballing stands?

Excellent2
15-09-2009, 11:12 AM
Eastlands is a ******* of a place too go, City always give you a hard game. Looking forward to going there this season though. If Liverpool dont win the league, I'd love city to win it.

But i think its chelsea's this year.

*REMOVED*

Edited by Robbie! (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not post to cause arguments

StefanWolves
15-09-2009, 03:06 PM
Remove your e-toung from his behind.

leave jack alone.

Browney
15-09-2009, 03:13 PM
leave jack alone.

Remove your e-toung from his behind.

;)

ahaha. Excellent doesn't care what other people think, badboiiii.

StefanWolves
15-09-2009, 03:23 PM
leave my jack boy alone :(

Jack.Lfc
15-09-2009, 03:27 PM
Asif i got that said to me by a plazzy manc.

But eastlands is a hard place to go. All teams struggle there.

StefanWolves
15-09-2009, 03:28 PM
Asif i got that said to me by a plazzy manc.

dw i stuck up for you!!!!!!!!!11

Excellent2
15-09-2009, 05:02 PM
*REMOVED*

Edited by Robbie! (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not post to cause arguments

Flamedragon3
15-09-2009, 05:14 PM
Oh I'm sorry, I didn't mean to interupt your three-some.

Plazzy manc? My god, the education system in this country is failing.
A three-some involves three people. There was only two of them?

Education system failing? Well we are one of the most educated countries in the world... and foreigners come here for education its that good. Maybe your the one failing to make are country look good? :P

Leave Jack alone! Now theres your three-some. ;)

AlexOC
15-09-2009, 05:15 PM
Yeh, leave Jack alone.

StefanWolves
15-09-2009, 05:17 PM
A three-some involves three people. There was only two of them?

Education system failing? Well we are one of the most educated countries in the world... and foreigners come here for education its that good. Maybe your the one failing to make are country look good? :P

Leave Jack alone! Now theres your three-some. ;)

*welcomes your with open... arms* :P

more proof about how good our education system is;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/8223855.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/8211245.stm

yeh failin. :P

Jack.Lfc
15-09-2009, 05:18 PM
Bravo.

Thankyou for your support at this difficult time.

Flamedragon3
15-09-2009, 05:19 PM
*welcomes your with open... arms* :P

more proof about how good our education system is;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/8223855.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/8211245.stm

yes, it's failing?
I see what you did there! Shame it's only your arms opening. :eusa_wall :( I don't want to smell your armpits. :P

StefanWolves
15-09-2009, 05:20 PM
Bravo.

I see what you did there! Shame it's only your arms opening. :eusa_wall :( I don't want to smell your armpits. :P

Oh how I love your sarcasm! :P

lBlue
15-09-2009, 05:21 PM
You went to some footballing forum. Your flock followed you. No names.

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't mean to interupt your three-some.

Plazzy manc? My god, the education system in this country is failing.
Flock? What flock do I have? Feel free to name names because you wont be able to name any lol...

Football forum? Can't I use two forums at once or is that breaking the rules? OK then, I'll create all my City related threads on here but I doubt I'll get a decent discussion. :rolleyes:

Bravo.

A scouser getting emotional? How surprising...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/4372230.stm

:eusa_whis;)

StefanWolves
15-09-2009, 05:24 PM
Flock? What flock do I have? Feel free to name names because you wont be able to name any lol...

Football forum? Can't I use two forums at once or is that breaking the rules? OK then, I'll create all my City related threads on here but I doubt I'll get a decent discussion. :rolleyes:

A scouser getting emotional? How surprising...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/4372230.stm

:eusa_whis;)

that link made me lol.

Jack.Lfc
15-09-2009, 05:46 PM
That was a emotional time. Anyway people where told that it was a baby.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!