PDA

View Full Version : Heellppppp =[

Luke
27-09-2009, 06:20 PM
I've got history homework to do, and I'm extremley stuck on this question.

-----------------

Source A - An extract from 1989 textbook:
The three most common non-magical Egyptian techniques if ound care - putting a slab of frsh meat on a wound; applying a salve of honey and anima fat; applying adhesive linen tape - are not among the techniques that dominate Greek wound care>
The Greeks instead wsahed te wound with wine or vinegar - a basic antiseptic procedure ignored in Egypt. Sometimes they bandaged wounds with linen soaked in wine.

Source B - Galen's "On Anatomy", AD190:
Human bones are the subject which you should first get to know. At Alexandria this is very easy since the physicians in this country let their students inspect human bodies. But if you can't manage that it is not possible to see human bones. Once I examined the skeleton of a robber lying on a mountainside

( a ) What does source a suggest about the udnerstanding of surgery in Egyptian times
( b ) What differnt undesstanding of surgery and anatomy is suggested by Source B?

Explain your answer sing Source A & B and your own knowledge

Anyone any ideas =[?

Luke

Immenseman
27-09-2009, 06:35 PM
(A) - Egypt were oblivious to more successful methods adopted by other locations and where other countries advanced, they didn't and stayed with medieval superstitions rather than acknowledging other methods.

that's the general gist.

Wyked
27-09-2009, 06:40 PM
(A) - Egypt were oblivious to more successful methods adopted by other locations and where other countries advanced, they didn't and stayed with medieval superstitions rather than acknowledging other methods.

that's the general gist.

BRAVO, BRAVO

ENCORE

Immenseman
27-09-2009, 06:42 PM
genius.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!