PDA

View Full Version : Brake Pads

Starburst..x
28-09-2009, 09:06 PM
My car went for it's MOT a few months back and they told me that the brake pads are worn and will need replacing soon after a certain amount mileage. So now especially with winter fast approaching i'm looking to get them done, and was just wondering if anyone knew how much it generally costs to get them done, or whether it depends on the car make/mechanics price etc?

Dentafrice
28-09-2009, 09:34 PM
Can't you just do it yourself? :P Get to an auto repair store.. grab the brake pads for your car.. and get to work. Get you about a pint or so of brake fluid.

It will save you quite a bit of money ;P

Starburst..x
28-09-2009, 09:43 PM
I would, but I wouldnt have a clue what to do and it's not something im willing to mess up lol
It would be helpful if I did, because as you say it would work out tons cheaper!

efq
28-09-2009, 09:45 PM
I would, but I wouldnt have a clue what to do and it's not something im willing to mess up lol
It would be helpful if I did, because as you say it would work out tons cheaper!
http://autorepair.about.com/od/fixityourself/ss/brakepadreplace.htm

Metric1
29-09-2009, 12:16 AM
When I need a brake job I take it to Honda, I'm not playing around with my brakes!

Dentafrice
29-09-2009, 12:25 AM
When I need a brake job I take it to Honda, I'm not playing around with my brakes!
Come on man it ain't that hard :P Jack it up, pull the calipers off, pull the brake pad off.. put the new pad on.. put the caliper back on... put the wheel back on.

30 minute job :P

Metric1
29-09-2009, 12:27 AM
Come on man it ain't that hard :P Jack it up, pull the calipers off, pull the brake pad off.. put the new pad on.. put the caliper back on... put the wheel back on.

30 minute job :P

Easy for you ahhaahahahahaa I only take the wheels off to change a flat or to put my winters on!

tdi
29-09-2009, 01:17 AM
changing brake pads is easy, if you're so stumped go out and buy a haynes manual but in all honesty you really need just a friend in the know and some tools. :)

Dentafrice
29-09-2009, 02:31 AM
Easy for you ahhaahahahahaa I only take the wheels off to change a flat or to put my winters on!
Could save ya quite a bit of money ;P

Starburst..x
30-09-2009, 09:52 PM
Thanks for the advice guys, appreciate it :) but I've decided that it's definately off to the garage!

Swearwolf
30-09-2009, 10:39 PM
i've gotta do mine tomorrowwwwww

Metric1
01-10-2009, 04:10 AM
i've gotta do mine tomorrowwwwww

me 2 honz is doin em 4 moi

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!