PDA

View Full Version : England v Ukraine will NOT be shown live!

StefanWolves
05-10-2009, 07:33 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/8286886.stm

absolutely disgusting, thank you Setanta for going bankrupt and screwing us all over, now we will have to PAY for a dodgey internet stream, great! same old England eh?

What are you doing BBC? GET THIS LIVE FGS, WHAT ELSE IS OUR BBC FUNDING GOING ON? ******* BLUE PETER?

Tintinnabulate
05-10-2009, 08:25 AM
Its all about money, everything is and always will be.

The internet stream isnt 'dodgy', you are just making it sound worse than it is.

Its perfectly legal and the quality is - most of the time - the same as iPlayer quality or Sky Player quality - which is pretty good.

And if people really want, they can make their TV their monitor and watch on the TV.

Agnostic Bear
05-10-2009, 08:35 AM
What are you doing BBC? GET THIS LIVE FGS, WHAT ELSE IS OUR BBC FUNDING GOING ON? ******* BLUE PETER?

TV: BBC 1, 2, 3, 4, Parliament, HD, CBBC, CBeebies, News, Red Button services, regional versions of BBC 1 + 2.

Radio: Radio 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Live, 39 local county stations (Cambridgeshire, Lincolnshire etc), 1Xtra, 5 Live Sports Extra, 6 Music, Radio 7 and Asian Network, and also the Scottish/Welsh/Northern Irish national radios.

Web: The BBC website which is one of the biggest in the world, and iPlayer (which uses more bandwidth an hour than you can use in a month, and bandwidth isn't free).

Other: Running costs, the switch over to digital and administration.

So no, they're not directing their funding at blue peter.

Tintinnabulate
05-10-2009, 08:45 AM
I think I read that the BBC iPlayer cost £6 million to develop and pumps out 25GB a second at peak times.

(which uses more bandwidth an hour than you can use in a month

So it should be more bandwidth in 2 seconds that he uses in a month.

And remember if you have sky and just sky sports, that costs around £40 a month approximately (or £48 to be exact I think). Thats £480 a year going to Sky from their Sky Sports customers.

I think it should be Sky Sports who should buy it before the BBC ...

Jack.Lfc
05-10-2009, 10:51 AM
Dam i wont sleep tonight.

StefanWolves
05-10-2009, 11:25 AM
ALL England matches should be on free to air, terrestrial TV. Nice post JewBear, you got me. ;)

I like football on the BBC though, they have the best commentator, John Motson!!

Tintinnabulate
05-10-2009, 12:05 PM
ALL England matches should be on free to air, terrestrial TV. Nice post JewBear, you got me. ;)

I like football on the BBC though, they have the best commentator, John Motson!!

Then all sports should be too? Cant just single out football.

adaym
05-10-2009, 12:29 PM
Couldn't care. Not a big fan of international football.

Immenseman
05-10-2009, 01:03 PM
i do agree though, this is our national team. football is our sport. bbc is our broadcaster. stupid really.

Feep
05-10-2009, 01:34 PM
Yeah I stream all the premiership matches, so won't really effect me :P and Plus we'll pwn ukraine.

Geraint
05-10-2009, 05:09 PM
Yeah, let's just spend more money on football, make everyone by doing that. On the other hand, we could buy it, still give all programme's their budgets and up the TV licensing. Oh, wait...

Don't worry lads, there's always Finland v Wales on BBC2 Wales. :D

StefanWolves
05-10-2009, 05:15 PM
lol we cant watch bbc wales

CHA!NGANG
05-10-2009, 05:19 PM
I think BBC Wales is on sky. It's like channel 967 or something like that. Highlights will probably be on BBC on MOTD or something so won't be that bad although it would be nice to watch your country play :P Someone will find a way of streaming it for free so won't be a bit problem really.

StefanWolves
05-10-2009, 05:23 PM
It'll definately be streamed live, someone will just stream it illegally from the site where it is actually being shown legally. Yeah we can watch BBC Wales on Sky. Looks like I'll be watching it on Sky Italia (dads a satellite dish geek) - it's being shown live on there.

adaym
05-10-2009, 09:28 PM
guys guys guys, it's on bet365 TV lol.

good job i have an account there :8. not bothered about watching it anyway.

Mexel
05-10-2009, 10:01 PM
My local has that dodgey Sky and its being show there so happy days. There are also a few Odean cinemas showing the game.

luce
06-10-2009, 06:21 AM
i do agree though, this is our national team. football is our sport. bbc is our broadcaster. stupid really.

the ashes is shown on sky.

I would care if it was a game like England vs France or Germany or something with any compitition but we should pwn them so i'm not going to flip a **** for that.

StefanWolves
06-10-2009, 09:15 AM

I would care if it was a game like England vs France or Germany or something with any compitition but we should pwn them so i'm not going to flip a **** for that.

yh. but for 20 yeas it was shown on channel 4. but thats besides the point. im suprised Sky didnt go in for it. and even more suprised that ESPN didnt take it.

adaym
06-10-2009, 10:42 AM

Why are you taking Ukraine lightly? They're a class team.

Andeeh
06-10-2009, 03:42 PM
Why are you taking Ukraine lightly? They're a class team.
Yeah they nearly beat us at wembley if i remember rightly.

Also i would have loved for this game to be shown on bbc or itv but ah well :(

alexxxxx
07-10-2009, 03:38 PM
the FA don't own the rights to the game. some other company does and they wanted £5million for the rights to show the game.

StefanWolves
07-10-2009, 03:56 PM
the FA don't own the rights to the game. some other company does and they wanted £5million for the rights to show the game.

Which is totally ridiculous.

I never thought I'd say it - but I wish Sky still had the England game rights... at least if they did none of this would have EVER happened. :(

alexxxxx
07-10-2009, 04:11 PM
well i wish i was you. Sky ITALIA. All the Premier League Games 3pm KOs. (With eng comms too?)

do you have any other foreign subs?

StefanWolves
07-10-2009, 04:15 PM
well i wish i was you. Sky ITALIA. All the Premier League Games 3pm KOs. (With eng comms too?)

do you have any other foreign subs?

I take it you have read my many other threads ranting at Sky and The FA? and yes, Sky Italia ARE showing England V Ukraine, I think, if not then some other country definately will... I'll be watching it anyway.

Sky Italia rules, put it this way, they have 8-12 "Sky Calcio" channels, which means "Sky Football" (this is besides the sub-standard SkySports 1/2/3/4 ect) ~ the Sky Calcio channels are ALWAYS showing either live football from around the world, or replays of the Italian league/Premiership football - and also two dedicated FOOTBALL HD channels. Only downside with Sky Italia is that they don't have the rights to show there 'top four' domestic teams, Italy's Free To Air channels shows ALL top 4 teams live every week. :/ That's like the BBC showing Man United, Arsenal, Chelsea, and Liverpool, every weekend. :/

And yes, English commentary, they have the Sky commentators, the same ones that 'football choice' has at 10:15pm, when all games are shown on Sky's red button.

What do you mean by foreign subs? :P

alexxxxx
07-10-2009, 09:56 PM
I take it you have read my many other threads ranting at Sky and The FA? and yes, Sky Italia ARE showing England V Ukraine, I think, if not then some other country definately will... I'll be watching it anyway.

Sky Italia rules, put it this way, they have 8-12 "Sky Calcio" channels, which means "Sky Football" (this is besides the sub-standard SkySports 1/2/3/4 ect) ~ the Sky Calcio channels are ALWAYS showing either live football from around the world, or replays of the Italian league/Premiership football - and also two dedicated FOOTBALL HD channels. Only downside with Sky Italia is that they don't have the rights to show there 'top four' domestic teams, Italy's Free To Air channels shows ALL top 4 teams live every week. :/ That's like the BBC showing Man United, Arsenal, Chelsea, and Liverpool, every weekend. :/

And yes, English commentary, they have the Sky commentators, the same ones that 'football choice' has at 10:15pm, when all games are shown on Sky's red button.

What do you mean by foreign subs? :P
When I went to my mate's house in italy he showed me their Sky Sport/Sky Calcio. Looks really good but he says Sky have killed football attendances at some matches cause there is hardly ANY fans at the lower teams at all casue they can just watch it on TV. It's really good cause sky it has pretty much sky1 in FOX and other channels with no ads half-way through and you can change it to english. I dreammm for this lol.

Does he pay for it? or can he crack the encryption?

StefanWolves
07-10-2009, 10:06 PM
When I went to my mate's house in italy he showed me their Sky Sport/Sky Calcio. Looks really good but he says Sky have killed football attendances at some matches cause there is hardly ANY fans at the lower teams at all casue they can just watch it on TV. It's really good cause sky it has pretty much sky1 in FOX and other channels with no ads half-way through and you can change it to english. I dreammm for this lol.

Does he pay for it? or can he crack the encryption?

Course my dad don't pay for it lol, I don't know how he does it, I suppose there is no encryption, all you have to do is get the right set-top box and connect to the correct Satellite, and it's done. (and of course get the right dish, and set it up, which is the hard part. We have a 1.5meter dish so we get most Wolves games live every week, even though I have season ticket... useful for away games though, and for my dad on home games as he doesn't have a season ticket. ;))

Sky does kill attendances, as seen in Italy, we should go the way the Spanish do though, they have great attendances, best league in the world, and best football team in the world, yet they show every game live.

Sky Italia is only really good for football though, I was comparing Sky UK to Sky Italia the other day, they don't have half as many movie channels than us, no where near as many music channels, they have less kids channels, and less entertainment channels.

And they only have English commentary/languages on everything because the worlds most usedd language is English, I'm sure out Sky could put Italian language on if they wanted, but whats the point? no one speaks Italian over here. :P

daffin1605
09-10-2009, 12:41 PM
Does anybody know if Ukraine vs England will be shown on Sky Italia?

Jack.Lfc
09-10-2009, 03:45 PM
Dont think its on sky italia.

StefanWolves
09-10-2009, 10:35 PM
Ah, not on Sky Sport Italia, but hey, it's on Super Sport 2 (Via DigitAlb). I'll be watching. :)

Lost
09-10-2009, 10:36 PM
well that's a bit stupid...?

alexxxxx
10-10-2009, 09:04 AM
there will always be the free unofficial streams.

I thought Super Sport was south african LOL

StefanWolves
10-10-2009, 11:46 AM
**** knows. :P

StefanWolves
10-10-2009, 01:25 PM
believe it or not, i actually paid £5 for this when it was at that price, even though i can watch it on tv... :/ i would NOT have paid the £12 that they're asking now though, that is ridiculous. should be an experience anyway. :P

StefanWolves
10-10-2009, 03:52 PM
wow, stream is very good quality! -

http://stefancampbell.net/uploads/images/quality.bmp

http://stefancampbell.net/uploads/images/quality1.bmp

Immenseman
10-10-2009, 03:57 PM
any where i can watch it for free

Geraint
10-10-2009, 03:57 PM
i wish the wales game wasn't shown live. ******* **** :eusa_wall

StefanWolves
10-10-2009, 04:07 PM
any where i can watch it for free
http://myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=51605&part=sports

http://www.zhibo8.com/pindao/shanghai.asx

i wish the wales game wasn't shown live. ******* **** :eusa_wall
i saw, pretty shocking tbh.

StefanWolves
10-10-2009, 04:30 PM
Robert Green sent off, penalty too Ukraine. ugh, fun...

LMAOO SHEVCHENKO MISSED THE PEN, HIT THE POST. LOL.

-Heart
10-10-2009, 04:42 PM
He took Lennon off for James. Stupid decision.

CHA!NGANG
10-10-2009, 04:59 PM
Woah what i've missed so much. Have ukraine been dominating?

Immenseman
10-10-2009, 05:14 PM
http://myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=51605&part=sports

http://www.zhibo8.com/pindao/shanghai.asx

i saw, pretty shocking tbh.
rep to you.

basically john, green got sent off. james came on for heskey. shevchenko missed the penalty. ukraine scored and have yes been dominating, by far the better team. england have had a few chances, johnson looked good down the right. wonder what capello will do at half time.

Jam
10-10-2009, 05:26 PM
You mean Lennon, not Heskey.

-Heart
10-10-2009, 05:29 PM
Woah what i've missed so much. Have ukraine been dominating?
Well they haven't played exceptionally well, but England just don't look bothered. Ferdinand is playing ****.

Announcement just came on the tannoy saying that anymore flares and the referee will abandon the game.

EDIT: Great save from one of the Ukranians (:lol:) and a good save from James.

Immenseman
10-10-2009, 06:00 PM
i do indeed mean lennon. i thought it was gna be heskey off james on. keep midfield the same with wayne up front :P

StefanWolves
10-10-2009, 06:14 PM
england actually played well considering, we could have scored a few.

immenseman, wheres my rep? ;)

Immenseman
10-10-2009, 06:17 PM
done. right, lets take the positive, all ukraine have to do is beat andorra with all respect they should do. which would see croatia not qualify. revenge is sweet, right?

adaym
10-10-2009, 07:33 PM
Ferdinand and Rooney should be dropped.

Immenseman
10-10-2009, 07:37 PM
ferdinand wasn't great.

although itv and bbc had their highlights bid turned down. bbc have got highlights at 22;15 :)

adaym
10-10-2009, 08:03 PM
There was no highlights, unless you count OAPferdinand making several mistakes and Rooney not doing his usual "upfront on mi own cos am best in country innit" performance.

Bloody crap. Yeah w/e we beat Croatia (which should be a formality!) but would still be better with GOALSCORERS in the squad and not players like Heskey and Rooney. Bent/Defoe/Cole/Walcott play them upfront.

MY OPINION, b4 u lot go ranting on.

CHA!NGANG
10-10-2009, 08:29 PM
I disagree with Rooney. He is a good player and I do think he should play as he adds another dimension. However, I agree with Heskey and the players you listed. I think Heskey should be dropped, then play Defoe/Bent unfront and also I think that either: SWP, Walcott, or Lennon should be played in every game on the RW as they provide that pace and ability to get past players. If I'm honest, the older generation of England players e.g: Ferdinand, Lampard, Gerrard, Terry are very slow in the way that they play (not literally). I mean they like to pass the ball around and then eventually break through, Whilst the new players like: Walcott, Lennon, Johnson, Rooney, Defoe like to use there pace and attacking flair and go forward. If we can get the right balance of the two then we will be in with a good shot of winning but at the moment, Heskey is pointless, Ferdinand is dipping even though I think he will get back up there eventually and then I don't think Barry is effective enough. If we get a few of the younger, pacey players on then we should be able to break down any defence by passing and by dribbling past players.

Tintinnabulate
10-10-2009, 10:04 PM

LOL England lost ;)

StefanWolves
10-10-2009, 10:27 PM
LOL England lost ;)

wow, so now are you going to lecture us on how **** england are meant to be at football? like you do with the cricket? LOL.

StefanWolves
10-10-2009, 10:34 PM
There was no highlights, unless you count OAPferdinand making several mistakes and Rooney not doing his usual "upfront on mi own cos am best in country innit" performance.

Bloody crap. Yeah w/e we beat Croatia (which should be a formality!) but would still be better with GOALSCORERS in the squad and not players like Heskey and Rooney. Bent/Defoe/Cole/Walcott play them upfront.

MY OPINION, b4 u lot go ranting on.

what? there were highlights, rooney could have scored twice, and so could lampard. johnson was immense on the right, he was our best player by far. all in all, before the sending off we were playing well, and were defending well, and had good possession. the 15 minutes after our player got sent off were our worst minutes of the match, but after that we didn't play that bad at all, we created chances, and had some good possession, not bad for 10 men against a team who NEEDED to win or else they were OUT, also not bad against a team with the likes of shevchenko (i know, he's passes it, but he still isn't bad for his age). not to mention their goal was lucky and had a huge deflection into the top corner, when james had it covered all the way... oh and have i also mentioned that it took part in a hugely hostile and loud atmosphere, a place where racism HAS been an issue, they were also throwing those fire things at out goalkeepers, which the match NEARLY got abandoned for.

and lol... you make me laugh where you say rooney isn't a goal scorer, and you criticise him, ermmm, who's the player along side of him? oh yes! HESKEY!!! true goal scorer. it's simple, drop heskey, and put bent/defoe in his place.

also, carrick was good in midfield, i prefer him to barry now. defending was a bit poor, mainly due to ferdinand who has recently came back for an injury. but hey, it doesn't matter.... cause...

ENGLAND HAVE ALREADY QUALIFIED!!!

**SORRY FOR DOUBLE POSTS MODSSSSS, I FORGOT I POSTED ABOVE LOL :(**

Geraint
10-10-2009, 10:40 PM
india v england in football anyone. you can play at home aswell if you want. where to, delhi?

Tintinnabulate
10-10-2009, 11:52 PM
wow, so now are you going to lecture us on how **** england are meant to be at football? like you do with the cricket? LOL.

If you read my posts, I said I support England in football? I was just saying don't think England will win before the game even started as crap teams can sometimes be really good.
Arguments is all you seem to love.

Kapow
11-10-2009, 07:38 AM
Yeah I stream all the premiership matches, so won't really effect me :P and Plus we'll pwn ukraine.

We didn't..
They beat us. -.-
We were the better team on the night, it's just that Rob Green messed up and got a red card. We should've at least drawn. We had most of possession deservedly, and going down to 10 men only mattered most when they missed the penalty and scored about 5 minutes later because we didn't have enough defensive help.

adaym
11-10-2009, 05:38 PM
LOL England lost ;)
India are 149th in the world and have never played in the World Cup finals. What's your point? If England played India the score would be a cricket score - and not one England are familiar with. What's your problem?

StefanWolves
11-10-2009, 05:52 PM
India are 149th in the world and have never played in the World Cup finals. What's your point? If England played India the score would be a cricket score - and not one England are familiar with. What's your problem?

he is anti-english, and only supports the english when it suites him.

adaym
11-10-2009, 05:56 PM
he is anti-english, and only supports the english when it suites him.
England > India @ football so he supports England
India > England @ cricket so he supports India

I know how it is ;)

StefanWolves
11-10-2009, 05:58 PM
England > India @ football so he supports England
India > England @ cricket so he supports India

I know how it is ;)

You got it! Maybe I should start supporting England at football and Australia at cricket, because they are part of the common wealth y'know and they abide by our queen! yes!! That's what I shall do!! [/SARCASM]

adaym
11-10-2009, 06:06 PM
Might just buy an Australian flag in time for 2010.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!