PDA

View Full Version : Heskey may quit Villa!

Jibbish
12-10-2009, 07:22 AM
Emile Heskey knows he may have to quit Aston Villa in January to save his World Cup hopes.

England striker Heskey confessed he is going through a “difficult“ time at Villa, having only joined them from Wigan for £3.5m last January.

Heskey has started just one Premier League game this season and, even though Fabio Capello is prepared to stick with him, his form is suffering badly.

It left Heskey admitting he wants to discuss his future at Villa with boss Martin O’Neill when he returns to his club but it is clearly a major concern.

When asked whether he will have to quit Villa in January, Heskey said: “That’s what I mean. I will have to sit down and think about my next move.

“I’m happy to be playing and, obviously, not playing at club level is difficult and it’s something I will have to look at when I get back and try to address it.

“You always think about those kind of things (the World Cup), but, like I said, I will just have to try to address it when the time is right.

“I will have to see what happens. I must keep my spirits up and keep going, keep training hard. I just have to keep performing well in training and keep going. I’m never going to give up, it’s just another hurdle I have to get over.”

Capello insists on picking players who are in-form and playing for their clubs which is why the England boss has continually overlooked Michael Owen.

But Capello admitted last week that he is prepared to make a special case for Heskey going into the World Cup because of his invaluable work for the team.

However, Heskey struggled in Ukraine and was substituted by Carlton Cole in the second half and is clearly concerned that a lack of games for Villa could wreck his World Cup dream.

Centre forward Heskey has managed just seven goals in 57 caps for England and is now facing increasing pressure from West Ham striker Cole, Jermain Defoe and Peter Crouch.

But Heskey’s absence from Villa’s starting line-up is affecting his form and even he admits that he does not whether Capello can stick with a player who is left on the bench every week.

There would be no shortage of takers if Heskey were to become available - Fulham would be among the front-runners for his signature. But it would be a major blow for Villa if one of their big name signings wanted to quit.
Follow MirrorFootball on Twitter for breaking news, the latest opinions and fun stuff throughout the day

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Emile-Heskey-I-may-quit-Villa-to-save-World-Cup-dream-article186285.html

thank the lord :P

adaym
12-10-2009, 08:57 AM
serves him right for money grabbing. same with hleb who came out this week.

Jibbish
12-10-2009, 12:56 PM
lol lets just hope martin o'neil doesnt go
"oh he wants to quit, lets give him a run of games"

Immenseman
12-10-2009, 01:18 PM
lol at the ginger ball boy kid in your sig who turns around like "you talking to me"

anyway, he shouldn't have gone in the first place. surprised he did really.

adaym
12-10-2009, 01:33 PM
he's dogger

Jack.Lfc
12-10-2009, 02:26 PM
Linked with Liverpool, Please god no.

StefanWolves
12-10-2009, 04:34 PM
Believe it or not, Heskey/Carew would be the PERFECT strike partner for Torres, absolutely perfect.

Jack.Lfc
12-10-2009, 04:37 PM
Believe it or not, Heskey/Carew would be the PERFECT strike partner for Torres, absolutely perfect.

I'd love carew at liverpool.

P.s i seen what u said about fanni.

StefanWolves
12-10-2009, 04:38 PM

i posted it in the wrong thread. ;) i posted it in the other one now lol. :P

and why not heskey? LIKE OMGZZ HE IZ WIKID ON FIFA 10!!!!1111

Jibbish
12-10-2009, 08:32 PM

you can have heskey :P

Flamedragon3
13-10-2009, 05:03 PM
and why not heskey? LIKE OMGZZ HE IZ WIKID ON FIFA 10!!!!1111
FIFA 10 rated Berbatov better than Robinho and Adebayour, with Ireland as 78...

Who gives the players these ratings? :S

StefanWolves
13-10-2009, 05:40 PM

Heskey is wikid on Fifa 10, honestly. Rooney is crap, Gerrard is okay and Lampard it ****. Good game, but the player rating are all over the place.

Browney
13-10-2009, 05:48 PM

ARE YOU SERIOUS!? Cattermole in CDM is better than Ireland. :O

Jam
14-10-2009, 07:38 PM
Don't known why MON bought him or Harewood, they are both quite poor.

Andys
15-10-2009, 10:37 AM
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Emile-Heskey-I-may-quit-Villa-to-save-World-Cup-dream-article186285.html

thank the lord :P
that is total ******* ********!
"Capello insists on picking players who are in-form and playing for their clubs which is why the England boss has continually overlooked Michael Owen."
So why the **** is Heskey being picked over Darren Bent!? Afterall, Bent is the 2nd top scorer in the prem atm!

Capello is a ******* ******.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!