PDA

View Full Version : THERES ONLY ONE MARTIN TAYLOR

Mexel
19-10-2009, 06:08 PM
Bloody hell Wenger, its a song get over it. He is annoying at times! And i dont see how he can moan about Ridgewells tackle on Walcott, nothing wrong with it, good strong tackle and won the ball.

Closed by invincible (Forum Super Moderator) to avoid further arguments.

StefanWolves
19-10-2009, 06:20 PM
moaning french *******

Wyked
19-10-2009, 06:23 PM
bunch of thugs

Mexel
19-10-2009, 06:30 PM
moaning french *******
Tell me about it

bunch of thugs
Sing at a football game and your a thug??

Ardemax
19-10-2009, 06:46 PM
bunch of thugs

LMAO

lol i dont see what you have against wenger tbh

he's a decent manager

Jack.Lfc
19-10-2009, 06:56 PM
He means birmingham..

Geraint
19-10-2009, 07:26 PM
You sung a song about a tackle which could have ruined someone's career. Hardly something to be proud about.

Mexel
19-10-2009, 07:40 PM
No we diddnt, the song was 'Theres only 1 Martin Taylor' not 'we love you taylor because you broke Eduardos leg.'

CHA!NGANG
19-10-2009, 08:34 PM
What do you think 'Theres only 1 Martin Taylor' Means??? It's the same thing...

He has a point. The tackle was fair enough I suppose, bit rash but then singing that after shows that the fans that did sing it are pretty stupid and idiots and you saying theres nothing wrong with it... Well I'll leave that for you to decide about what I think about you saying that.

Mexel
19-10-2009, 08:40 PM

He has a point. The tackle was fair enough I suppose, bit rash but then singing that after shows that the fans that did sing it are pretty stupid and idiots and you saying theres nothing wrong with it... Well I'll leave that for you to decide about what I think about you saying that.

If they want to sing it, let them be. Doubt any other manager in the premierleague would have made a big issue about it.

Mexel
19-10-2009, 08:42 PM

If they want to sing it, let them be. Doubt any other manager in the premierleague would have made a big issue about it. If Taylor was playing, no doubt Arsenal fans would have given him a right hard time.

Edited by Bolt660 (Forum Moderator): Please don't double post within the editing time.

CHA!NGANG
19-10-2009, 08:45 PM
Well yaknow, he did almost end someones career...

Wyked
19-10-2009, 08:45 PM
If they want to sing it, let them be. Doubt any other manager in the premierleague would have made a big issue about it. If Taylor was playing, no doubt Arsenal fans would have given him a right hard time.
deservedly

Geraint
19-10-2009, 08:52 PM
Martin Taylor didn't even play or was on the substitute's bench. Other than to sing about Eduardo's leg break, why would you sing a song about a player who isn't even in the team?

Mexel
19-10-2009, 09:08 PM
deservedly

No, because the only reason Bruce diddnt appeal the red card he got was because of the injury that Eduardo had. The only reason he caught his leg was because Eduardo diddnt want to lose the ball so tried to avoid the tackle.

adaym
19-10-2009, 09:48 PM
disgusting, not banter at all.

Tinchy
19-10-2009, 11:14 PM
Nowhere near as bad as Munich/Heysel/Hillsborough chants, people need to lighten up a bit imo

Flamedragon3
20-10-2009, 12:36 AM
It's not exactly that bad, but it isn't very good to sing that... I mean if United fans started chanting 'theres only one Roy Keane' then I know a load of City fans wouldn't be happy with that considering how he actually did end Haaland's career... I can see why Wenger is so angry with it, and I've lost a bit of respect for Birmingham now.

EDIT:- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_st29mlQwU
That has to be the most obviously intended and sickening tackle I have ever seen, so if United were to sing about Roy Keane every time we versed them I would be just as angry as Wenger.

Tinchy
20-10-2009, 11:22 AM
It's not exactly that bad, but it isn't very good to sing that... I mean if United fans started chanting 'theres only one Roy Keane' then I know a load of City fans wouldn't be happy with that considering how he actually did end Haaland's career... I can see why Wenger is so angry with it, and I've lost a bit of respect for Birmingham now.

EDIT:- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_st29mlQwU
That has to be the most obviously intended and sickening tackle I have ever seen, so if United were to sing about Roy Keane every time we versed them I would be just as angry as Wenger.
He deserved it, you don't mess with Keano basically, he's crazy

Flamedragon3
20-10-2009, 04:22 PM
He deserved it, you don't mess with Keano basically, he's crazy
If you honestly think that then you cannot be called human. If I were to smack you round the back of the head with a baseball bat because you apparently 'deserved' it, and I gave you brain damage for the rest of your life ruining any career you wish to have. Would you accept that you deserve that? Clearly not...

Soy
20-10-2009, 05:13 PM
martin taylor is soo cool

Mexel
20-10-2009, 06:46 PM
martin taylor is soo cool

I know yeah, tell me about it. :rolleyes:

And you know what, the treatment Taylor got after the Eduardo incident was unacceptable, Taylor would never intentionally hurt any footballer and he made an attempt to win the ball. This was the first time we had played arsenal since it happened, I know the timing of the song wasn't ideal, and it was obviously sung because of Walcott going down, but the song WAS sung more than once in the game, the media just love mixing things up. But anyway Taylor deserves a bit of respect. And before someone says 'well he did almost end someones carreer' or some **** like that, don't even bother as it will just prove you know nothingggg about what happened on that sunny day at St Andrews.

CHA!NGANG
20-10-2009, 08:45 PM
I know everything that happened, he made the challange, was sent off, regretted it a lot and even went to the hospital afterwards to see Eduardo and appologise. I'm not saying he is a **** that should never play football again. He is a decent guy. You saying he deserves respect though, respect for what exactly?

Also, I honestly don't know how you can defend your fans for singing a song that mocks how someones career was almost ended. I am not saying anything about the challange itself or the player as he isn't a bad guy and I'm not saying that, but the fans singing a song about a wreckless challange that was very very dangerous shows how stupid and immature some of your fans are and Arsene Wenger has all right to complain. Just because it was sung more than once makes it ok? No..

Mexel
20-10-2009, 08:54 PM
I know everything that happened, he made the challange, was sent off, regretted it a lot and even went to the hospital afterwards to see Eduardo and appologise. I'm not saying he is a **** that should never play football again. He is a decent guy. You saying he deserves respect though, respect for what exactly?

Also, I honestly don't know how you can defend your fans for singing a song that mocks how someones career was almost ended. I am not saying anything about the challange itself or the player as he isn't a bad guy and I'm not saying that, but the fans singing a song about a wreckless challange that was very very dangerous shows how stupid and immature some of your fans are and Arsene Wenger has all right to complain. Just because it was sung more than once makes it ok? No..

Everyone has stupid fans, i dont know a club that does not have stupid fans. Taylor was getting death threats and everything, they were singing before Walcott went off injured aswell. It was not mocking Eduardo, as is was sung for months after it happened even when he was not in the squad. They had started singing it at the Emirates, not because of Walcott not Because of Eduardo, it was because Arsenal were such ***** to him after.

CHA!NGANG
20-10-2009, 09:00 PM
Everyone has stupid fans, i dont know a club that does not have stupid fans. Taylor was getting death threats and everything, they were singing before Walcott went off injured aswell. It was not mocking Eduardo, as is was sung for months after it happened even when he was not in the squad. They had started singing it at the Emirates, not because of Walcott not Because of Eduardo, it was because Arsenal were such ***** to him after.

You don't understand what I'm saying at all. Eduardo wasn't in the squad on the weekend either. That's not the point, the point is that they shouldn't be saying it in the first place. And Arsenal have a right to be '*****' to him afterwards, yes he appologised which was good of him, but he still should never have committed the challange so if some fans want to be angry at him (deaths threats is too far yes) then they have a right too.

StefanWolves
20-10-2009, 10:58 PM
Any malicious tackle, be it intentional or not, is sick and should be NOTHING to be proud of or sing about.

Mexel
21-10-2009, 12:28 AM
Any malicious tackle, be it intentional or not, is sick and should be NOTHING to be proud of or sing about.
Dont know what tackle your on about, are you thinking of another game? Martin Taylors tackle was not malicious. If Eduardo did not move his foot at the last seccond the ball would have being won and not his foot. As he went in for the tackle i.e unable to stop the tackle Eduardo moved the ball forward to try and avoid it so taylor ended up getting his leg. Youtube it.

adaym
21-10-2009, 01:05 AM
I don't think he understands the true meaning of the word 'malicious', do you Stefan? Fact is, Martin Taylor broke Eduardo's ankle. It could've ended his career and yet Birmingham fans taunt him about it. It's sickening. Absolutely sickening.

This isn't about Martin Taylor, this is about Birmingham fans.

Mexel
21-10-2009, 06:47 AM
I don't think he understands the true meaning of the word 'malicious', do you Stefan? Fact is, Martin Taylor broke Eduardo's ankle. It could've ended his career and yet Birmingham fans taunt him about it. It's sickening. Absolutely sickening.

This isn't about Martin Taylor, this is about Birmingham fans.

Number 1 - I do know what the word malicious means, im not a ******* ******.
Number 2 - The very few stupid people that sung it at that point in the game have already being called stupid. You say this is about Birmingham fans as if its everyone.
Number 3 - Sickening. Absolutely sickening is it? Shut up you sound like my grandad.

Edited by Jamesy (Forum Moderator): Please do not be rude to other forum members, or provoke arguments.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!