Modric
Defoe

West Ham

Green

Wigan

None

Wolves

None

Anyone care to add/subtract any? Here's the rules though: you cannot add/subtract players from your own team.

By way of definition:

An exceptional or noteworthy person or thing; exceptional; noteworthy

Immenseman
26-10-2009, 03:18 PM
i love cattermole for sunderland

Browney
26-10-2009, 03:39 PM
Vermaelanaealanlan? Essien probably.

Mexel
26-10-2009, 03:44 PM
Upson for west ham.

e5
26-10-2009, 03:54 PM
Ashley Cole for Chelsea aswell.
Johnson for liverpool

StefanWolves
26-10-2009, 04:01 PM
Just thought I'd compile this list

Arsenal

Van Persie
Arshavin
Fabregas

Aston Villa

Agbonlahor
Young

Birmingham

Benitez

Blackburn

None

Boton

Juusi Jaaskeleinan

Burnley

None

Chelsea

Terry
Lampard
Drogba
Anelka

Everton

Cahill

Fulham

Hangeland

Hull

None

Liverpool

Reina
Gerrard
Torres

Man City

Given
Toure
Tevez
Adebayor
Robinho

Man Utd

Vidic
Rooney
Van Der Sar

Portsmouth

James

Stoke

None

Sunderland

Cana
Bent

Tottenham

Modric
Defoe

West Ham

Green

Wigan

None

Wolves

None

Anyone care to add/subtract any? Here's the rules though: you cannot add/subtract players from your own team.

By way of definition:

What is the point in this thread? to entice arguments? well done! :)

I like how you suddenly change it to 'Premiership Standout Players' when originally it was 'Decent players', as seen here:

Who is your decent player then?

Birmingham have money to spend.
Just thought I'd point that out before he tries to pull the Wool over anyones eyes, he actually said 'decent players'.

So, I shall now go along with your post, and say whether these players are 'decent' or not.

Now, I shall get back on to your post.

Arsenal

Van Persie
Arshavin
Fabregas

I agree, yes, but other DECENT players would be Wallcott and Diaby (unsung hero)

Aston Villa

Agbonlahor
Young

Yeh, pretty much agree here, although I feel Dunne deserves a shout, along with Downing when he's fit, theres are DECENT.

Birmingham

Benitez

Agree, no qualms there, he's DECENT.

Blackburn

None

Dunne? I think he deserves to be up there, he's DECENT.

Boton

Juusi Jaaskeleinan

Fair enough, DECENT.

Burnley

None

As seen above, If goalkeepers should be allowed to be stand out players, then why not Brian Jenson?, DECENT goalie.

Chelsea

Terry
Lampard
Drogba
Anelka

There whole team is DECENT.

Everton

Cahill

They have other DECENT players, Fellaini, Saha, to name a couple.

Fulham

Hangeland

Misisng out a few I feel, Schwarzer, Konchesky, Duff, Andy Johnson - all DECENT.

Hull

None

Geovanni? good DECENT player.

Liverpool

Reina
Gerrard
Torres

Yet again, there whole team is DECENT

Man City

Given
Toure
Tevez
Adebayor
Robinho

Agree, but there whole team could be considered DECENT.

Man Utd

Vidic
Rooney
Van Der Sar

Yet again, even though they are crap this season in my opinion, there whole team should be considered DECENT.

Portsmouth

James

Agree, certainty to go down, only DECENT player is James.

Stoke

None

Shawcross? Faye? Delap? DECENT players.

Sunderland

Cana
Bent

I think you forgot Cattermole, DECENT player.

Tottenham

Modric
Defoe

Most of their team can be considered DECENT, they have a big team.

West Ham

Green

Another goalkeeper? can I see some correlation here? but yeah, why not Upson? he's DECENT.

Wigan

None

You obviously have a fetish about goalkeepers, so why not Kirkland? and did you forget about Rodellega? scored a couple in the game at the weekend, another DECENT player.

Wolves

None

See, this is where I don't get you. You put decent players up such as Jaskelienen, Green, but not Hennessey? young hot prospect, you also put Benitez? if you put him then why not Doyle, or Ebanks? both PROVEN goal scorers. Why not Kightly? Why?, all are DECENT players.

Fact is, all teams have decent players, all have stand out players, and for you to say
Birmingham have money to spend. is a pathetic exuse, sorry. As I said, all teams have decent and stand out players, but none of that actually matters, it is about how the team play as a whole, together. Which is why Wolves will stay up this year, and Birmingham, Portsmouth, and Hull will go down.

Definition of DECENT:

Something of noteworthy contribution, which adds value to something - also something that could be helpful.

Get the point?

adaym
26-10-2009, 04:05 PM
We're not on about decent players, the thread clearly states 'standout' players. And no, I was just seeing if anyone thinks that any Wolves players are standout players. So far - no. Also, it provides a great reference for further football arguments.

Mexel
26-10-2009, 04:06 PM
Unless we buy players in January, we will be fighting relegation. 40m should do it.

Jack.Lfc
26-10-2009, 04:07 PM
Take van der sar out of man u and put in giggs.

CHA!NGANG
26-10-2009, 04:08 PM
Vidic, no for United. He's started quite poorly.

Burnley well Jensen bar Wigan has been class.

I know you said no to your own team.. but you can't ignore Vermaelen :P

Oh yeah Giggs for United as said above. V.D.S hasn't played much but is always outstanding tbh.

StefanWolves
26-10-2009, 04:10 PM
We're not on about decent players, the thread clearly states 'standout' players. And no, I was just seeing if anyone thinks that any Wolves players are standout players. So far - no. Also, it provides a great reference for further football arguments.

Because you didn't ask them to provide decent players for Wolves, that's why. Mexel and others have already said Elekobi, Ebanks, etc, did you choose to ignore those two? if you want me to go and quote them from the other thread I would be happy to. If you created this thread to try and make a fool of me, then well done, it backfired.

Unless we buy players in January, we will be fighting relegation. 40m should do it.

Lol, thing is you won't be able to buy players of enough quality to spend the whole of the £40m. Have people forgot that Steve Morgan pledged to invest £25M into Wolves?

Vidic, no for United. He's started quite poorly.

Burnley well Jensen bar Wigan has been class.

I know you said no to your own team.. but you can't ignore Vermaelen :P

Oh yeah Giggs for United as said above. V.D.S hasn't played much but is always outstanding tbh.

Agreed.

Mexel
26-10-2009, 04:28 PM
Because you didn't ask them to provide decent players for Wolves, that's why. Mexel and others have already said Elekobi, Ebanks, etc, did you choose to ignore those two? if you want me to go and quote them from the other thread I would be happy to. If you created this thread to try and make a fool of me, then well done, it backfired.

Lol, thing is you won't be able to buy players of enough quality to spend the whole of the £40m. Have people forgot that Steve Morgan pledged to invest £25M into Wolves?

Agreed.
Oh realy, is the 25m over a couple of years or is it all in Jan? Well McLeish said with the 40m he will buy as good as possible, same as when he gets the 2nd 40m in the summer.

lBlue
26-10-2009, 04:30 PM
Would be interesting to have a thread about players for the future, and not your usual football manager crap. Would add that Lee kid from Bolton but he's not a 'stand out', he's one which could make a name for himself. Looks alright.

StefanWolves
26-10-2009, 04:35 PM
Oh realy, is the 25m over a couple of years or is it all in Jan? Well McLeish said with the 40m he will buy as good as possible, same as when he gets the 2nd 40m in the summer.
The ******* hardly spent any until we got promoted, + the money we get for being promoted, we should have plenty, yeh he has spent a bit, about £15m-£20m, but we have more in the kitty. £30M-40M is more than enough for clubs of our size though. Btw, just because you have all this money doesn't mean you are going to stay up.

Would be interesting to have a thread about players for the future, and not your usual football manager crap. Would add that Lee kid from Bolton but he's not a 'stand out', he's one which could make a name for himself. Looks alright.

=Yeh.

Browney
26-10-2009, 04:44 PM

Oi, position of big spending league minnows has been taken! :@

Jibbish
26-10-2009, 07:09 PM
ashley young hasnt performed well this season
put milner in there

Mexel
26-10-2009, 07:14 PM
Oi, position of big spending league minnows has been taken! :@

Lmao, i hated this Carson Yeung a few months ago, hes my hero now LOL. Things look good for us for a change.

StefanWolves
26-10-2009, 10:08 PM
Lmao, i hated this Carson Yeung a few months ago, hes my hero now LOL. Things look good for us for a change.

Only when I see you spend £40M will I believe it.

Andys
26-10-2009, 11:46 PM
What about Jones?
And Cattermole? Whenever we don't play Catt's we're always dire.

Jibbish
26-10-2009, 11:59 PM
but now carson yeung said what your budget is
clubs will make you pay more ;p

Browney
27-10-2009, 10:03 AM
What about Jones?
And Cattermole? Whenever we don't play Catt's we're always dire.

Season's looking good now, eh? :blue_doub

Andys
27-10-2009, 11:29 AM
Season's looking good now, eh? :blue_doub
:blue_sad And apparently Bent is out for tonight.

Jibbish
27-10-2009, 11:30 AM
:blue_sad And apparently Bent is out for tonight.
But good thing for you is heskey is starting apparently :D

Andys
27-10-2009, 01:31 PM
But good thing for you is heskey is starting apparently :D
He'll score.
Typical Sunderland.

Soy
27-10-2009, 01:36 PM
No Aarron Lennon?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!