PDA

View Full Version : Heartbreak

adaym
04-11-2009, 09:44 PM
Lisandro Lopez my BFFL.

Thread Closed by Jamesy (Forum Moderator): Due to off-topic posts.

StefanWolves
04-11-2009, 09:46 PM
Ciao Liverpool. :(

Geraint
04-11-2009, 09:54 PM
Screamer from Babel, fair play.

adaym
04-11-2009, 09:55 PM
Screamer from Babel, fair play.
He's still turd though.

StefanWolves
04-11-2009, 09:59 PM
I agree. :D

Arron
04-11-2009, 10:01 PM
Great goal from Babel
the equaliser may have been a little lucky.
Liverpool tbh deserved to win the game
Liverpool crashed out the CL?
I think so...

Geraint
04-11-2009, 10:10 PM
I still think they'll go through.

Lucas would have scored if he had hit it on the floor and Voronin should have smashed it as hard as he could.

Jack.Lfc
04-11-2009, 10:12 PM
Football is a game of luck, we all seen this from both the man u and chelsea games last night. Sadly liverpooll have had none this season. had loads last season.

adaym
04-11-2009, 10:18 PM
Football is a game of luck, we all seen this from both the man u and chelsea games last night. Sadly liverpooll have had none this season. had loads last season.
You make your own luck buddy.

Tash.
04-11-2009, 10:30 PM
Heartbreak is my current mood. Like people have said, this is a game of luck sometimes and at the moment it feels as though there's someone literally throwing bucket loads of unlucky thoughts at us. We deserved to win that game and I have never ever been so deflated as a Liverpool fan as I am right now.. Voronin is just, wow. If his chance had fallen to Torres it'd have been in the back of the net for definite. He has to go, I know Babel is less than consistent but that goal was a screamer. If he had done that earlier in the match who knows what would've happened. I live in what little hope we have left, i'll not give up until it's a certainty but it's looking pretty grim right now :(

Bun
04-11-2009, 10:31 PM
ee i got a shock after babels goal. soon brought me back down to earth after his free kick 2 minutes later though. :P

Smits
04-11-2009, 10:35 PM
Babel doesnt show his quality enough.

It's not a game of luck, some things depend on it, but its mainly how well you play...

It was funny all the liverpool fans going sick, jumping on the fence and all that.

CHA!NGANG
04-11-2009, 10:36 PM
Still think it will be close.

I can see Lyon beating Fiorentina which can happen. If it does and Liverpool beat the other team in the group which they should, then it all goes down to the final game. What I just said is very possible so you never know. In the Final game most Liverpool players should be fit so they'd have a full team and Liverpools first team can beat almost any other team so it will be close. I wouldn't bet against them going through ;) Just hope Lyon beat Fiorentina or at the very least draw which might take it to Goal Difference.

Tash.
04-11-2009, 10:37 PM
Babel doesnt show his quality enough.

It's not a game of luck, some things depend on it, but its mainly how well you play...

It was funny all the liverpool fans going sick, jumping on the fence and all that.

If it's how well you play and not much about luck, then how would you explain the outcome of tonight? Liverpool dominated that game and it wasn't even by any means, so a draw is a lucky result for Lyon.

--ss--
04-11-2009, 10:40 PM
LOOOOOOOOL is all I can really say.

But then again Barca drew in a goaless draw tonight aswell, and they call them self the champions ^^

adaym
04-11-2009, 10:41 PM
If it's how well you play and not much about luck, then how would you explain the outcome of tonight? Liverpool dominated that game and it wasn't even by any means, so a draw is a lucky result for Lyon.
Liverpool scored one goal and Lyon scored one goal which means both teams scored one goal. This is called a draw.

Luck is non-existant in football - it's all placebo for teams playing badly. This is called 'form', not 'luck'.

Smits
04-11-2009, 10:41 PM

I said some things depend on it, things includes decisions going your way as well as some shots hitting the net. But mostly, if you play well, create the chance and have a quality finish, thats it. Obviously, there are games where teams completely dominate but can't get the ball in the net though.

Tash.
04-11-2009, 10:43 PM
Liverpool scored one goal and Lyon scored one goal which means both teams scored one goal. This is called a draw.

Luck is non-existant in football - it's all placebo for teams playing badly. This is called 'form', not 'luck'.

I didn't dispute that it's a draw, I merely said that saying luck is non-existent is completely wrong. Liverpool have been playing badly by their high standards but they didn't tonight. I personally think that Lyon were lucky to get the draw, they were ball watching and poor for most of the game. This is what I call luck, getting something out of a game where you have played badly. Chelsea and MU both did it last night. Thats luck, nothing more.

Tash.
04-11-2009, 10:46 PM
I said some things depend on it, things includes decisions going your way as well as some shots hitting the net. But mostly, if you play well, create the chance and have a quality finish, thats it. Obviously, there are games where teams completely dominate but can't get the ball in the net though.

So basically then, luck does matter. You can have all the class and skill you want, but every team needs a bit of luck. Liverpools didn't come tonight and as a result it was a draw.

adaym
04-11-2009, 10:49 PM
I didn't dispute that it's a draw, I merely said that saying luck is non-existent is completely wrong. Liverpool have been playing badly by their high standards but they didn't tonight. I personally think that Lyon were lucky to get the draw, they were ball watching and poor for most of the game. This is what I call luck, getting something out of a game where you have played badly. Chelsea and MU both did it last night. Thats luck, nothing more.
a) that's called form
b) no, that's called taking your chances
c) chelsea and manchester united also took their chances

luck is non-existant in football. it's not even up for debate.

Tash.
04-11-2009, 10:53 PM
a) that's called form

Erm yes I realise that if Liverpool have been playing badly then thats form, I aren't an idiot. I was pointing out that tonight they didn't, they broke their form.

I also realise that it's taking your chances, and I didn't say it was anything different. I still personally believe that luck makes it so that the ball either lands correctly for you (enabling you to take the chance and score) or it doesn't.

And again, yes it does. I'll give you one example, 2 words and you cannot dispute the luck or rather lack of it in this situation. Beach Ball.

CHA!NGANG
04-11-2009, 10:53 PM
a) that's called form

No I think there is luck but not in the way that is talked about above. If a team is getting dominated but win then it's not really luck.

But if a goal is scored but deflecting off another player and the shot was never going in much like Valencias yesterday then yeah I think that's luck. Although I can see why people think there isn't luck.

Smits
04-11-2009, 10:58 PM
No I think there is luck but not in the way that is talked about above. If a team is getting dominated but win then it's not really luck.

But if a goal is scored but deflecting off another player and the shot was never going in much like Valencias yesterday then yeah I think that's luck. Although I can see why people think there isn't luck.

Exactly, theres loads of things that could be classed as luck, but theyre usually small, like if the linesman gives offside or not when its really tight, people would say that if the team scores, and it was just offside, that team was lucky, and vice versa.

I still think the majority of the game is based on performance, and the thing that really matters is taking chances.

adaym
04-11-2009, 11:02 PM
Erm yes I realise that if Liverpool have been playing badly then thats form, I aren't an idiot. I was pointing out that tonight they didn't, they broke their form.

I also realise that it's taking your chances, and I didn't say it was anything different. I still personally believe that luck makes it so that the ball either lands correctly for you (enabling you to take the chance and score) or it doesn't.

And again, yes it does. I'll give you one example, 2 words and you cannot dispute the luck or rather lack of it in this situation. Beach Ball.
How is that luck? Someone threw a beach ball or not there was like a 10-15% chance it was going to get hit... the favourites for a football match don't always win... same in things like this.

No luck. In football. At all.

Refereeing decisions aren't luck LOL, it's what the referee/linesman perceives to be correct, if it's not correct then he's made a mistake, hardly luck.

I see where you're all coming from but 'luck' is just a cover up for teams playing badly and/or losing. You will rarely see a winning manager/player say that luck was on their side but you will more than likely see a losing manager/player say luck was against them. You do the math.

It's all placebo.

Immenseman
04-11-2009, 11:03 PM
it won't be close. liverpool won't qualify. bye bye. voronin is quality. i love that they always concede when torres comes off because some of their own fans think the reason it happens because torres comes off which equals more blame for rafa. this is fantastic.

Smits
04-11-2009, 11:05 PM
How is that luck? Someone threw a beach ball or not there was like a 10-15% chance it was going to get hit... the favourites for a football match don't always win... same in things like this.

Refereeing decisions aren't luck LOL, it's what the referee/linesman perceives to be correct, if it's not correct then he's made a mistake, hardly luck.

I see where you're all coming from but 'luck' is just a cover up for teams playing badly and/or losing. You will rarely see a winning manager/player say that luck was on their side but you will more than likely see a losing manager/player say luck was against them. You do the math.

It's all placebo.

Luck exists, beleive it.

Take our last game against hull, they got a freekick which they scored, but was dissallowed for an alleged push. Everybody can see theres barely any push and the goal should stand, yeh the ref has made a decision and a mistake, but still burnley are lucky to be let off.

Tash.
04-11-2009, 11:05 PM

It's all placebo.

You've just disproven your own point. A beach ball was thrown onto the pitch (admittedly by a Liverpool fan) and as you put it, there was a '10-15% chance it was going to get hit'. Ok then, lets say thats true.. oh wait, it did hit! So of a relatively low chance, it happened. That is bad luck. You can say whatever you want, but it can't be blamed on anything else. It decided the game, no more goals were scored, no more chances were taken. In the end it didn't matter who played better, the beach ball won the game.

adaym
04-11-2009, 11:07 PM
Luck exists, beleive it.

Take our last game against hull, they got a freekick which they scored, but was dissallowed for an alleged push. Everybody can see theres barely any push and the goal should stand, yeh the ref has made a decision and a mistake, but still burnley are lucky to be let off.
I don't believe in luck, at all. As you can probably tell.

THAT IS NOT LUCK, not even in the sense that people usually use luck in football. That's a refereeing decision. A correct one in my opinion, Olifinjana was clearly leaning in to the defender halting his movement or chance of any movement. Foul, freekick.

Jack.Lfc
04-11-2009, 11:15 PM
You make your own luck buddy.

If you made your own look liverpool wouldnt have that many players injured at the min.

Immenseman
04-11-2009, 11:16 PM
it's more than luck when you've won 1 of your last 7 or whatevz.

Jack.Lfc
04-11-2009, 11:18 PM
Funny how you only post in this section when liverpool loose and ^ didnt make sense.

Tash.
04-11-2009, 11:21 PM
it's more than luck when you've won 1 on your last 7 or whatevz.

Yeah it's a whole range of things..

1. Beach Ball = bad luck = 1 loss
2. Carling Cup - totally expected to lose that one too, infact I thought we did pretty good considering the team we put out.
3. Bad form
4. Injuries
5. Bad players being selected for the team - Voronin
6. Chances gone untaken.

Immenseman
04-11-2009, 11:21 PM
which will be why i'm one of the top 5 posts in this forum???? :lol:

walked into that one m'dear

Jack.Lfc
04-11-2009, 11:29 PM
Is there even 5 people that post in this forum :lol:

Immenseman
04-11-2009, 11:31 PM
voronin is sooooo funny

StefanWolves
04-11-2009, 11:33 PM
which will be why i'm one of the top 5 posts in this forum???? :lol:

walked into that one m'dear
i wanna be immense :(

Immenseman
04-11-2009, 11:34 PM
idk i just made it up btw.

ermmm yeah heart break to concede such a late goal?!?!? (yay)

StefanWolves
04-11-2009, 11:36 PM
im the number 1 post person in this forum!!!!!!!!1

i rule you.
i rule the world.
world domination rulesssssssssss.

Black_Apalachi
05-11-2009, 12:23 AM
Best moment of the game was when the comentator went, "TORR...VORONIN!!!!". The part in bold is where all my hope disappeared closely followed by him ******* it up. He even later asked Yossi to take his corner for him. I feel sorry for him a little bit but the fact is, he's not good enough. The sooner Rafa admits this, the better.

What was the deal with Cara getting penalised every time he breathed as well? :S

How do you work that out when we dominated the game yet drew, due to a last minute goal which was a lucky goal in itself? :S

If you made your own look liverpool wouldnt have that many players injured at the min.

^ exactly.

it's more than luck when you've won 1 of your last 7 or whatevz.

So you're basically saying that the losing streak we're currently experiencing is our normal standard and we're not good enough to do better? It's either that Jake, or we are in fact unlucky.

Immenseman
05-11-2009, 12:25 AM
no. luck doesn't make you play crap... lol.

Black_Apalachi
05-11-2009, 12:28 AM
no. luck doesn't make you play crap... lol.

Having 10 injured players isn't playing crap :S and we played well tonight and still drew.

Immenseman
05-11-2009, 12:30 AM
hardly. united are getting results with their injuries. it's not unlucky you don't have a big squad. it's in no way related to luck.

leah
05-11-2009, 12:55 AM
Unlucky for Liverpool, they outplayed Lyon for most of the game.

StefanWolves
05-11-2009, 12:57 AM
united have injured players?

1. Hargreaves

ermmm

Immenseman
05-11-2009, 12:59 AM
are you joking?

berbatov had a knock
as did oshea
vidic
ferdidand
park
giggs
hargreaves

StefanWolves
05-11-2009, 01:10 AM
are you joking?

berbatov had a knock
as did oshea
vidic
ferdidand
park
giggs
hargreaves
you've had them out for one game? liverpool have had them out for a few.

off to bed anyway, night.

Black_Apalachi
05-11-2009, 01:34 AM
Unlucky for Liverpool, they outplayed Lyon for most of the game.

Thank you.

united have injured players?

1. Hargreaves

ermmm

you've had them out for one game? liverpool have had them out for a few.

off to bed anyway, night.

Exactly. A 'knock' is no comparison.

adaym
05-11-2009, 11:37 AM
lol liverpools squad is turd.

Jack.Lfc
05-11-2009, 04:32 PM
Rnt you the one who suports. Doncaster and arsenal?

Browney
05-11-2009, 04:56 PM

You then had 90 minutes to score. But you didn't. That was poor finishing, not luck.

There's no luck, just playing the odds. Across his career, that shot may need to be tried a million times and Valencia got a result from taking the chance on Tuesday. Gotta be in it, to win it.

are you joking?

berbatov had a knock
as did oshea
vidic
ferdidand
park
giggs
hargreaves

Add Neville.

lol liverpools squad is turd.

True true.

CHA!NGANG
05-11-2009, 05:22 PM
You then had 90 minutes to score. But you didn't. That was poor finishing, not luck.

There's no luck, just playing the odds. Across his career, that shot may need to be tried a million times and Valencia got a result from taking the chance on Tuesday. Gotta be in it, to win it.

Add Neville.

True true.

It's down to opinion. I think that a goal that was deflected in was lucky. I'm sure he doesn't practice hitting other people and deflecting it off them, it just happens and it's lucky. There is luck in football I think but it depends on the situation.

Immenseman
05-11-2009, 05:38 PM
Thank you.

Exactly. A 'knock' is no comparison.
United beat blackburn with lots of players out. Liverpool lost to Sunderland. That is a comparison. This point is a winner and there is no valid response - it's not "unlucky" that Liverpool have a good eleven, not a good squad.

Simples.

CHA!NGANG
05-11-2009, 05:51 PM
United have good backups for every position:

VDS/Foster

O'Shea/Neville/Fabio
Ferdinand/Brown
Vidic/Evans
Evra/Rafael

Valencia/Park
Carrick/Scholes
Fletcher/Anderson/Hargreaves
Giggs/Nani/

Rooney/Owen
Berbatov/Macheda

All of those sub players are good enough to play in any team in the bottom half of the table or even higher.

Same goes with Arsenal and Chelsea. Liverpool just don't have that.

Oh and might have got Rafael and Fabio mixed up.

Tash.
05-11-2009, 08:15 PM

I realise that, but tbh Sunderland won by a freak goal. That was luck. If they had scored another goal then I would have accepted it wasn't luck and we played badly. Crux of the matter is this, Sunderland got a goal off a beach ball, Liverpool did not. At the end of the 90 minutes this was the only difference that mattered. Ergo, it should have been a draw.

adaym
05-11-2009, 10:15 PM
Rnt you the one who suports. Doncaster and arsenal?
no mate.

i support colchester.

StefanWolves
05-11-2009, 10:58 PM
wots with all the arguin!

adaym
05-11-2009, 10:59 PM
jack lfc had some bad grapes

StefanWolves
05-11-2009, 11:05 PM
he has an excuse, hes scouse

adaym
05-11-2009, 11:14 PM
can't afford good grapes.

Jack.Lfc
06-11-2009, 12:26 AM
:lol:

But i can afford to follow my team home and away!!!!!!!!!

Black_Apalachi
06-11-2009, 12:27 AM

Arr you stupid? How can a random object blowing onto the pitch, which then deflects the ball thus confusing the goal keeper and winning the game, not be luck? :S Not to mention the fact that the referee didn't even know the rules of the game as the goal would have been disallowed had he done. It's either luck or the referee was bribed. They are the only two possibilities.

United beat blackburn with lots of players out. Liverpool lost to Sunderland. That is a comparison. This point is a winner and there is no valid response - it's not "unlucky" that Liverpool have a good eleven, not a good squad.

Simples.

But we had more players out than you? :S

Immenseman
06-11-2009, 12:29 AM
united had players out that would get into liverpools starting eleven.

Black_Apalachi
06-11-2009, 01:48 AM
united had players out that would get into liverpools starting eleven.

By "out" do we mean injured etc. yes? Then I don't understand this quote other than a comment against yourself? :S

adaym
06-11-2009, 08:59 AM
:lol:

But i can afford to follow my team home and away!!!!!!!!!
lucky you mate, when you grow up and have bills to pay it's all a bit different lad.

Jack.Lfc
06-11-2009, 01:47 PM
Wow, you have bills to pay and you come on habboxforum?

StefanWolves
06-11-2009, 03:40 PM
leave jack alone!!!!!!!!!!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!