PDA

View Full Version : Need SERIOUS advice about college and plans...

Arron
08-11-2009, 11:57 PM
Hi.

I'm really not happy with how my college progress is going on, i hate 2/3 lessons I have took and I can't drop them or replace with other subjects. I told my mum before september if I don't like college i want to do an apprenticeship in IT. I don't know if its too late to get into an apprentice now but im sure you can for january so i'll be speaking to my connexions advisor sometime this week to see if he has any information about anything. but for the mean time, i want a full time job for christmas in retail, just temp until something comes up for an apprenticeship. I really cant see myself doing well with my A levels, I show no interest in Media and Travel simply because I hate the teachers and the way the lessons are organised.

So i'd appreciate it if you can give advise (preferably people over 16 who've been in my situation)

thanks

Blinger1
09-11-2009, 12:00 AM
I dunno how it works in the UK but you can start an apprenticeship anytime in Australia. For instance I started halfway during this year, that doesn't mean i have to do 3.5 years instead of 3, it just means i finish in June 2012 instead of January 2012...

You should be fine, otherwise find somewhere to do your apprenticeship and just work there until January, then start your apprenticeship in January?

Smits
09-11-2009, 12:01 AM
I hated my course and couldnt switch either. I thought about doing an apprenticeship, but in the end i just stook out the first year of the course, got my certificate for that and then changed course.

If your adament you wanna do an apprentice ship, make sure you get a good one which will set you up for the future, although it is harder these days. It's not too late, but you might end up waiting until next september...

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!