PDA

View Full Version : Referee Exam

AgnesIO
10-11-2009, 06:44 PM
I have my exam after 7 weeks of my football refereeing course.

Bloody nervous - going in 15 mins.

Andeeh
10-11-2009, 06:47 PM
Good luck, its nice to see young kids getting involved with the officiating side of the game.

AgnesIO
10-11-2009, 06:50 PM
Good luck, its nice to see young kids getting involved with the officiating side of the game.

Kids? :O 14 years old thank you :D

Cheers, nervous but hoping to god I pass. Ended up with about 4 detentions (all eventually reversed) for no homework, as put this first.

I am always liked refereeing dunno why :P

Black_Apalachi
10-11-2009, 08:16 PM
Good luck dude x

Arron
10-11-2009, 08:25 PM
i always wanted to do a referee course, but i prefer playing the game(H)

hope it went well x

-Heart
10-11-2009, 08:45 PM
Ugh. Sorry but, why? Seriously, why?

Good luck anyway.

StefanWolves
10-11-2009, 09:48 PM
Good luck. ;)

AgnesIO
10-11-2009, 09:53 PM
Ugh. Sorry but, why? Seriously, why?

Good luck anyway.

What do you mean 'why'?

It's not a genious thing to work out.

---

I do enjoy playing, but you can do both in youth football (U18).
I passed :D

-Heart
11-11-2009, 03:35 PM
What do you mean 'why'?

It's not a genious thing to work out.

---

I do enjoy playing, but you can do both in youth football (U18).
I passed :D
Why do you want to be a referee is what I meant.

AgnesIO
11-11-2009, 03:44 PM
Why do you want to be a referee is what I meant.

Money, another qualifitcation, I enjoy it..

-Heart
11-11-2009, 03:47 PM
Money, another qualifitcation, I enjoy it..
What about the abuse?

AgnesIO
11-11-2009, 03:50 PM
What about the abuse?

If you get put down because of some losers at the side of the pitch, and idiots (often) on the pitch, who have no idea what the rules are, then you may aswell quite life :P

You get abuse with many professions/jobs.

Cheryl
11-11-2009, 04:18 PM
Well Done :D I may do that soon :P

AgnesIO
11-11-2009, 04:25 PM
Well Done :D I may do that soon :P

Cheers :)

The course was fun. The first week I warn you will be boring and easy, but after that it gets good :)

CJW93
15-11-2009, 12:42 AM
THE REFEREES A ******!

AgnesIO
15-11-2009, 10:16 AM
THE REFEREES A ******!

Was waiting for someone to say it!

Reports for calling meh a ******.

Jokes :) +rep

Liampowell
16-11-2009, 01:58 PM
Hi, ive just completed my referee course. I have the exam on thursday :S. i just want to know how hard it was and what percentage you got and did any one on your course fail? P.s Well Done for passing

AgnesIO
16-11-2009, 05:03 PM
Hi, ive just completed my referee course. I have the exam on thursday :S. i just want to know how hard it was and what percentage you got and did any one on your course fail? P.s Well Done for passing

Hey Liam.

The beginning like 15-20 questions are very easy. They are all videos of offsides etc - easiest 20 marks on the test.

After this on the video it gets slightly harder.

Oh and here is a tip: If a player hand balls the ball in the penalty/goal area it is a caution (even though it looks like Maradona!) On the course EVERYONE got that wrngo - so remember caution not sending off lol

Then you get onto the question paper. This again starts off very easy, but be warned that some of the questions are worded 'cleverly' (or damn right stupidly) so make sure you read and reread the question!

Hope that helped :)

Liampowell
16-11-2009, 05:23 PM
Thanks, how many marks did you need to get and out of how many, i know you need 75% but how many marks what did you get?

Did any 1 fail on your course?

Arron
16-11-2009, 05:30 PM
whats in the rulebook for a player who runs into an opposition? the opposition man just stands there and the player getting by gets floored? it happened in our match today and the referee did nothing, i thought it was a free kick.

AgnesIO
16-11-2009, 05:41 PM
whats in the rulebook for a player who runs into an opposition? the opposition man just stands there and the player getting by gets floored? it happened in our match today and the referee did nothing, i thought it was a free kick.

If you mean literally ran into one of your players in a careless/reckless way then it is a direct freekick.

So say player A is standing there (with the ball) and Player B (Opposition) runs into him without intending to get the ball it would be a Direct Free Kick (Charging an opponent is one of the ten direct freekick offences). Now whether the referee cautions/sends off the player depends on if he think it was only careless, or if it was reckless a booking.

If I was the referee going by what you have said happened, I would have booked the player for charging the opponent (if he had the ball) and given a Direct Freekick.

Liampowell
16-11-2009, 06:21 PM
Thanks, how many marks did you need to get and out of how many, i know you need 75% but how many marks what did you get?

Did any 1 fail on your course?

Black_Apalachi
16-11-2009, 07:30 PM
Hey Liam.

The beginning like 15-20 questions are very easy. They are all videos of offsides etc - easiest 20 marks on the test.

Oh and here is a tip: If a player hand balls the ball in the penalty/goal area it is a caution (even though it looks like Maradona!) On the course EVERYONE got that wrngo - so remember caution not sending off lol

Then you get onto the question paper. This again starts off very easy, but be warned that some of the questions are worded 'cleverly' (or damn right stupidly) so make sure you read and reread the question!

Does the context on the hand-ball not make a difference? :S Like if you hand-ball it in your own box to prevent a goal, or if you hand-ball it in their box to score a goal, etc rather than just moving your arm slightly so it hits it but without effecting play too much?

AgnesIO
16-11-2009, 07:51 PM
Does the context on the hand-ball not make a difference? :S Like if you hand-ball it in your own box to prevent a goal, or if you hand-ball it in their box to score a goal, etc rather than just moving your arm slightly so it hits it but without effecting play too much?

Well sort of.

However if it is denying an obvious goal scoring opportunity (which it blatantly was) or scoring a goal with your hands then I would always give a sending off.

On the video though it was a defender inbetween two attackers they all jumped up to head it in the goal area and the defender punched the ball off (above head height) for a corner.

But for some reason the test says that is only a caution.

However on the send off report forms reason S4 (Send off/reason 4) you ticdk that box if the player in question has "Denied an obvious goal scoring opportunity"

---

Ok about the test:

100 Marks Overall
30 Marks based on video evidence
70 Marks based on option paper
The option paper, we all originally though would be 70 questions - but it is 2 marks per answer - so it's only 35 questions :D

75% therefore is literally 75 (which is MUCH harder than it seems)

Half the people on my course go 76 - 81, and half of us got 82-91 (nobody got above that.) I got 83.

Black_Apalachi
16-11-2009, 08:19 PM
Sounds like a pretty tough exam, purely because virtually everything in football is debatable lol.

AgnesIO
16-11-2009, 08:26 PM
Sounds like a pretty tough exam, purely because virtually everything in football is debatable lol.

Yep that was what made it so hard.

You basically had to try ang guess at some points what the FA (well whoever made the question) would give. Which on the video section, when they were doing about fouls that is a bloody hard decision.

Liampowell
17-11-2009, 05:39 PM
What laws do you think need to be revised the most before the exam??

AgnesIO
17-11-2009, 07:47 PM
What laws do you think need to be revised the most before the exam??

Law 12 - Fouls and Misconduct - Make sure you know the ten Direct Freekick offences - Don't worry about Indirect ones - as if you know it is not a direct offence then it is obvious :D

Law 2 - Have a quick check up on the ball - if I remember rightly one of the earliest questions on the paper are about the weight of the ball.

The rest of it just check up a little bit on every law - Law 12 is certainly the hardest one though :P

Liampowell
19-11-2009, 06:07 PM
Off to my exam in 15 minutes, i hope its not hard i rele do!

Wish me luck! Got any last tips or tricky questions i shud b aware of b4 i go?

AgnesIO
19-11-2009, 07:39 PM
Sorry mate I didn't see this thread until later.

Good luck - hope you pass!

Remember if you fail, in one month you can retake the exam, free of charge (without going to the sessions) at your local FA branch :)

Andeeh
19-11-2009, 10:18 PM
Hey Liam.

haha isnt the handball so ironic after what Henry did yesterday :)

also if they handballed it twice like Henry did yesterday does he get sent off?

Liampowell
19-11-2009, 10:29 PM
Wooo Hoo! I passed Thankks demela, u played ur part lol.

Well happy going to order my referee starter kit tomorrow many thanks again. P.S. Test was pretty easy tbh just a few questions were tricky, really happy i passed cant wait to start reffing :D:D

AgnesIO
20-11-2009, 07:45 AM
haha isnt the handball so ironic after what Henry did yesterday :)

also if they handballed it twice like Henry did yesterday does he get sent off?

Technically yes. But then it depends what context it was in as I didn't see the game.

As say a foul was comitted, but the referee played advantage (intending to book the offending player), and then the offending player took another players legs out, the ref could send him off in two bookble offences.

The question you set itself is hard, however I would be temped to disallow the goal (well I would, and question about whether to send off or caution the offending player. If Iwas in the posistion I would send Henry off, disallow the goal and give a direct free kick.

Wooo Hoo! I passed Thankks demela, u played ur part lol.

Well happy going to order my referee starter kit tomorrow many thanks again. P.S. Test was pretty easy tbh just a few questions were tricky, really happy i passed cant wait to start reffing :D:D

Yeh as I said. Most the questions are pretty simple, but some of the odd ones twist your mind lool.

What did you get? :)

Well done mate :)

Oh and sign up to the Referee's Association - £15 if you are U16/£19 if you are over 16. You also get a £5 gift voucher to spend on referee's kit if you are U16 and a £10 if you are over 16. Plus very good prices on all your kit :)

Liampowell
20-11-2009, 12:43 PM
They didnt tell us our score they just took about 5-7 people out of the room who failed and sed the people in this room now have passed, he sed he wont tell us because a pass is a pass wether we got 76 or 99 lol. so i dont no what i got. With the referee kit i found a ref starting pack on umbro-referees.com only 60 quid for a good set of kit. Dunno if that is cheaper than the assosiaction though?

AgnesIO
20-11-2009, 04:12 PM
They didnt tell us our score they just took about 5-7 people out of the room who failed and sed the people in this room now have passed, he sed he wont tell us because a pass is a pass wether we got 76 or 99 lol. so i dont no what i got. With the referee kit i found a ref starting pack on umbro-referees.com only 60 quid for a good set of kit. Dunno if that is cheaper than the assosiaction though?

Whoever did your course sucks by the sounds of it :D

http://www.rashop.co.uk/ - official shop. Remember if you become a member you get a £5/£10 voucher.

£63 from the FA if you want the nicer kit.

That includes: flags, whistle, socks, shirt, shorts, badges for your local FA and the FA on your shirt, wallet, red and yellow card, matchpads, pencil.

OR

£44 for the 'economy' version.
However you get no flags, or badges.

The Premium Kit:
http://www.rashop.co.uk/prodimages/Premium%201%20Long%20sleeve%20Med.JPG

Or the (imo) uglier Economy KIt:
http://www.rashop.co.uk/prodimages/Set%20Eco%20LS%20MED%20.JPG

:)

Liampowell
20-11-2009, 05:58 PM
Nah i rekon ill get it from umbro-referees.com its a nicer kit on there tbh and u get all the same accessories.

AgnesIO
20-11-2009, 06:37 PM
Nah i rekon ill get it from umbro-referees.com its a nicer kit on there tbh and u get all the same accessories.

Ok :)

Could you give me a link too, since umbro-referees.com does not work.

Remember you have to wear black kit.

nd I would stiull advise being a member of the assosciation.

Teknequez
20-11-2009, 06:39 PM
Congratulations, both of you.

AgnesIO
20-11-2009, 06:56 PM
Congratulations, both of you.

Thanks! :)

AgnesIO
20-11-2009, 08:10 PM
Just got my first phone call from the Colchester FA Branch

They are phoning again on Sunday to give my first fixture for next Sunday :)

Liampowell
22-11-2009, 12:46 PM
its www.umbro-referees.com (http://www.umbro-referees.com) you have to click enter site near the bottom to get onto it. Im expecting a phone call soemtime this week to get my first 6 fixtures penned in. And i think i probably will become a member of the association, coz its not that much n then ur insured also. Some good kit on that site btw. and the kit is black. Thabnks to the person who sed congrates lol.

AgnesIO
22-11-2009, 06:59 PM
its www.umbro-referees.com (http://www.umbro-referees.com) you have to click enter site near the bottom to get onto it. Im expecting a phone call soemtime this week to get my first 6 fixtures penned in. And i think i probably will become a member of the association, coz its not that much n then ur insured also. Some good kit on that site btw. and the kit is black. Thabnks to the person who sed congrates lol.

Just thought I should warn you we were told we would get it in a week - took them 3 weeks to phone me xD

And then they will say they will phone you again to give you a fixture (obviously on a weekly basis..)

I personally prefer the Premium kit from the RA, personal opinion though :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!