PDA

View Full Version : Primary School TOO Strict?

kuzkasate
11-11-2009, 07:08 PM
Well my sister goes to this normal primary school, she is in year 2 right and since she started in reception, the school is VERY strict. they have to walk with their backs straight all the time, always "smile" and keep their hands behind their backs :S

When they sit down, they have to "sit sensibly and your not allowed to turn your head" and you have to sit with a straight back and your hands crossed together, and when you get UP from sitting down, you have to get up really carefully and slowly "so you dont bump into someone and that person will go and tell the teacher off you"

is it me, or is this school too strict? i mean, they are only like 4 year olds, fgs let them breath! And the headteacher is very strict, if you dont do those things she will go mad at you.. wth?

Ive not seen a high school like this, never mind a PRIMARY SCHOOL! :@

DjNina
11-11-2009, 07:28 PM
omg that sounds terrible !!!
is it private or just like a public one.

kuzkasate
11-11-2009, 07:30 PM
omg that sounds terrible !!!
is it private or just like a public one.

just a public one! i was like OMG and the state of the school toilets *throws up* its like if you think your schools so good THEN WHY NOT CLEAN THE :rude: TOILETS FIRST

Cheryl
11-11-2009, 07:42 PM
dirty toilets are just gross, and yeah that is too strict

kuzkasate
11-11-2009, 07:43 PM
dirty toilets are just gross, and yeah that is too strict

i know! its like wth... they kids cant even BREATH tbh. and they give out detentions... which is like mainly in high schools

e5
11-11-2009, 07:48 PM
File a complaint, that's well strict. Teaches them manners but you don't want them being little nerds ha:| Cos they'll rebel big time when they grow up...

kuzkasate
11-11-2009, 07:58 PM
File a complaint, that's well strict. Teaches them manners but you don't want them being little nerds ha:| Cos they'll rebel big time when they grow up...

I know lmao, I probably will & I dont want my sister to be a BLOODY NERD.

GODD, SHE WUD BE A DISGRASE TO MY FAMILY :@

Jordan:A
11-11-2009, 08:52 PM
Tell your sister to go mental one day and start running around when she gets asked to do it

Jamesy
11-11-2009, 11:29 PM
I agree with discipline but this is just excessive. At the end of the day kids should be kids and the limits should reflect that.

TheEclipse
18-11-2009, 02:55 AM
Wow that's insane. I'm a budding primary school teacher, and that sounds horrific, and also, bad for learning in most cases. Does the teacher just lecture at them, or do they get to do group/hands on activities?

wiktoria
18-11-2009, 09:08 AM
It is too strict, it's not even this strict in my High School :S

BeanEgg
18-11-2009, 10:01 AM
My primary school is similar to that, but not as much as that!

My 6th Form is a bit lame though! We have to stand behind our seats and say good afternoon to the teacher before we are allowed to be seated. But then again it's not a state school.

TheEclipse
24-11-2009, 01:04 AM
I've heard of primary schools that require absolute silence in the hallways, and only whisper level talking in classrooms.

Alkaz
24-11-2009, 01:13 AM
That is a bit strict but people need disipline from a young age, just what they need :)

Jord
24-11-2009, 03:42 AM
lol thats just to bad :/ Maybe in secondary but primary :S

kuzkasate
01-12-2009, 07:25 PM
I agree with discipline but this is just excessive. At the end of the day kids should be kids and the limits should reflect that.

Yeah, I would just feel so uncomfortable in that school.

Wow that's insane. I'm a budding primary school teacher, and that sounds horrific, and also, bad for learning in most cases. Does the teacher just lecture at them, or do they get to do group/hands on activities?

I think they do a bit of both. But some of the teachers are quite nice.

It is too strict, it's not even this strict in my High School :S

Same lol

I've heard of primary schools that require absolute silence in the hallways, and only whisper level talking in classrooms.

That is just horrific, it would be absolute hell

That is a bit strict but people need disipline from a young age, just what they need :)

Yes but not to that amount, like someone mentioned there should be a limit.

Firehorse
01-12-2009, 07:52 PM
if I had a sibling as young as that and who went to such a school I would go in one day when some sort of fair is on and give the head a piece of my mind even if i'm only 16. Theres good manners, strict, but that is on the edge of stupidity mixed with child cruelty (I bet if it were legal it sounds like the head would be whipping those 4yr olds!)

kuzkasate
01-12-2009, 07:57 PM
if I had a sibling as young as that and who went to such a school I would go in one day when some sort of fair is on and give the head a piece of my mind even if i'm only 16. Theres good manners, strict, but that is on the edge of stupidity mixed with child cruelty (I bet if it were legal it sounds like the head would be whipping those 4yr olds!)

Some of the teachers are quite nice, yet some just argue and shout at parents. Surely thats not what a teacher should do? :S

Firehorse
01-12-2009, 08:00 PM
Some of the teachers are quite nice, yet some just argue and shout at parents. Surely thats not what a teacher should do? :S

Then if thats the case and I were a parent i'd move my child to another school instantly and submit a complaint to the council.

galbabe
21-12-2009, 12:55 PM
wow that is strict i wouldn't even expect that in a secondary school never mind primary school poor kids there only little that kind of teaching will prob scar the kids for life. Way 2 strict for p2s!!!!

Smits
21-12-2009, 12:58 PM
That sounds way too strict. Walking a certain way? Sitting a certain way? They cant have people lounging, fair enough, but that's too far. Especially for four and five year olds.

FlyingJesus
21-12-2009, 01:02 PM
I think it sounds fantastic frankly. We all think it's strict because we've been brought up in a generation that's far too lax and for a large part doesn't care about discipline nearly enough, but this is what schools should be like. If it's not obvious enough from what our generation and those currently growing up have turned out like that we need more discipline then I can't imagine what state the country would have to get to in order for a change like this to be accepted

Meree.
21-12-2009, 01:02 PM
I think there trying to bring back what they did in the 60's and stuff. But what you listed above, about getting up slowly, walking with your back straight is just stupid. Your in school to learn not to be told how to walk etc. It's absolutely stupid. The teachers maybe doing it for the childrens ability to learn, but it's really not helping at all. At least be strict when actually needed. Like behaviour in class and the playground etc.

Smits
21-12-2009, 01:07 PM
I think it sounds fantastic frankly. We all think it's strict because we've been brought up in a generation that's far too lax and for a large part doesn't care about discipline nearly enough, but this is what schools should be like. If it's not obvious enough from what our generation and those currently growing up have turned out like that we need more discipline then I can't imagine what state the country would have to get to in order for a change like this to be accepted

Yeah we DO need more discipline in schools. Perhaps this school has the right idea, but i think theyre going about it the wrong way. That being said, theres not many things theyre allowed to do these days, so maybe it's one of the only options they could think of.

galbabe
21-12-2009, 04:06 PM
but being too strict only distracts the kids as they have to may more attention to what they are doing than there own work so there grades may slip also some children may become emotional scared if they get picked on for the stipidest things and may make them feel like they are worthless and always wrong and might stop them from trying to answer questions.
but this is my opinion.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!