PDA

View Full Version : Rafa - His future at Liverpool uncertain?

BoomItsClowgon
12-11-2009, 06:35 PM
Well seeing as they are out of the Premiership title race, the Carling Cup, 1 win out 9 games, probably out of the Champions League, (can't see Lyon doing Liverpool any favours)

A trophy less season and perhaps Rafa will be shown the door? However, considering Rafa is tied down for a few years and he's massive backroom staff - This will cost Liverpool in the region of £20 mill plus to sack him... Would the Owners be prepared to pay this? Considering they have a few months to find the money they owe to the banks? :eusa_whis

Uncertain future for the Kops. :(

Closed by Jamesy (Forum Moderator): Due to arguments

CHA!NGANG
12-11-2009, 06:54 PM
Shouldn't fire him. Can see them getting through in the CL. Might win the FA cup. A trophy-less season isn't disasterous. We've had 4 of them in a row but never lost faith with Arsene. Not compairing Liverpool and Rafa and Arsene with Arsenal as you can't but 1 season without trophies isn't the end of the world.

BoomItsClowgon
12-11-2009, 07:09 PM
Shouldn't fire him. Can see them getting through in the CL. Might win the FA cup. A trophy-less season isn't disasterous. We've had 4 of them in a row but never lost faith with Arsene. Not compairing Liverpool and Rafa and Arsene with Arsenal as you can't but 1 season without trophies isn't the end of the world.

I can't seem them getting through the CL tbh. There might be a chance Lyon will face Liverpool in the knock out stages... would they want to this to happen? I doubt that very much, they would wanna progress through the competition as far as they possibly can. So i'm sure they will be doing Florientina a favour by making them win.

Liverpool are in financial trouble, (like most Clubs) :rolleyes: but the differnce is, many of these Clubs don't have to pay back so much until a certain date, Liverpool on the other hand, have literally a few months to pay the banks not thousands... Were talking MILLIONS here, if they don't qualify to the knock out stages it will be disatroous for them. If Rafa's in charge by January, and this is the case, he won't have much to spend, perhaps nothing.

How much do Clubs like Liverpool, United Chelsea get for qualifying? Millions, (10 million the figure) so for them not to qualify would be a huge failure for them, hence why they can't afford this to be the case come the final at Debrecen.

-Heart
12-11-2009, 07:11 PM
Well seeing as they are out of the Premiership title race, the Carling Cup, 1 win out 9 games, probably out of the Champions League, (can't see Lyon doing Liverpool any favours)

A trophy less season and perhaps Rafa will be shown the door? However, considering Rafa is tied down for a few years and he's massive backroom staff - This will cost Liverpool in the region of £20 mill plus to sack him... Would the Owners be prepared to pay this? Considering they have a few months to find the money they owe to the banks? :eusa_whis

Uncertain future for the Kops. :(
Haha.

Hahahaha. Sorry.

Edited by Jamesy (Forum Moderator): Please do not post pointlessly.

BoomItsClowgon
12-11-2009, 07:29 PM
Rafa has done himself no favors. £200 Million and can anyone really say, he's made a team? Not really. He doesn't even have decent back up strikers FGS! :P When Gerrard's out, there's no one at Liverpool atm who can match up to his role, the one person who was that but has now gone was Alonso. Having spent £200 million, and no one to cover.. that's just a joke, seriously.

United and Arsenal on the other hand.... :) Arsenal in the space of perhaps 4 years, maybe less have produce a world class team. You have to give credit to Arsenal and Arsene, the amount of money they had over the years to bring a team together compared to Chelsea and Liverpool is unbelievable.

Jack.Lfc
12-11-2009, 08:33 PM
Rafa has spent an average of 16.5 mil per season. Unlike man u, liverpool have to sell to buy.
http://www.skysports.com/opinion/story/0,25212,12038_5688495,00.html
Make of it what u want.

BoomItsClowgon
12-11-2009, 08:47 PM
Rafa has spent an average of 16.5 mil per season. Unlike man u, liverpool have to sell to buy.
http://www.skysports.com/opinion/story/0,25212,12038_5688495,00.html
Make of it what u want.

Who cares if they spent £18.78 a season. (:P) Were talking about Rafa's £200 million spending spree while he's been in charge at Liverpool.

If you compared the £200 million compared to what Arsene has spent while Rafa's been in charge then it would be a HUGE difference. I don't know the "exact" figures but the difference could be near a £100 mill in difference.

It might have taken him ages to get a decent team together since the era of Viera, Henry, Freddie, Dennis but he's certainly there in terms of the quality he has in his team. He's spent a lot lot less than you lot and has still managed to produce a quality team.

He also has decent BACK UP PLAYERS... :P unlike some. :

Jack.Lfc
12-11-2009, 08:51 PM
Who cares if they spent £18.78 a season. (:P) Were talking about Rafa's £200 million spending spree while he's been in charge at Liverpool.

If you compared the £200 million compared to what Arsene has spent while Rafa's been in charge then it would be a HUGE difference. I don't know the "exact" figures but the difference could be near a £100 mill in difference.

It might have taken him ages to get a decent team together since the era of Viera, Henry, Freddie, Dennis but he's certainly there in terms of the quality he has in his team. He's spent a lot lot less than you lot and has still managed to produce a quality team.

Who cares? That question sums you up.

Why dont you take a leaf out of mexels book and suppoort your own team?

BoomItsClowgon
12-11-2009, 08:59 PM
Who cares? That question sums you up.

Why dont you take a leaf out of mexels book and suppoort your own team?

LOL....

I support my own team... MANCHESTER UNITED FOOTBALL CLUB. :)

United till i die... united till i die! :eusa_clap

United :eusa_clap United :eusa_clap United :eusa_clap

You never like to hear the truth, you Liverpool fans. :eusa_whis

Meree.
12-11-2009, 09:02 PM
I shouldnt think so. Every1 has bad games/seasons

+ the americans (owners) wont pay enyfink. Maybe if we av richer owners we can buy better players and be more successful..

Jack.Lfc
12-11-2009, 09:06 PM
LOL....

Unit

But its people from manchesters team not yours :'(

BoomItsClowgon
12-11-2009, 09:08 PM
I shouldnt think so. Every1 has bad games/seasons

+ the americans (owners) wont pay enyfink. Maybe if we av richer owners we can buy better players and be more successful..

LOL. How much did they bought liverpool for? Like 550 mill something? At your current "circumstances" no one will buy Liverpool for more than 250 tops.. that's if your lucky.

Money doesn't bring success straight away... just look at City for example. :badgrin:

BoomItsClowgon
12-11-2009, 09:11 PM
But its people from manchesters team not yours :'(

Where, laminated and by law, does it say i have to support a team in Birmingham/West Midlands?

I know my human rights Jacky! :@

Edited by -Bolt (Forum Moderator): Please don't double post within the editing time.

Jack.Lfc
12-11-2009, 09:13 PM
I think your a liverpool fan in discguise based on your threads.

Meree.
12-11-2009, 09:13 PM
LOL. How much did they bought liverpool for? Like 550 mill something? At your current "circumstances" no one will buy Liverpool for more than 250 tops.. that's if your lucky.

Money doesn't bring success straight away... just look at City for example. :badgrin:

True.. but still if we had better owners...

Jack.Lfc
12-11-2009, 09:15 PM

We would have a better stadium..

BoomItsClowgon
12-11-2009, 09:17 PM
I think your a liverpool fan in discguise based on your threads.

Your wrong Jacky. You don't mind me calling you Jacky right? I think it's more appropriate to call you Jacky. :)

I agree, your owners have no clue what so ever about football same with the shrek trio we have at United, Americans = No real knowledge about the sport.

Meree.
12-11-2009, 09:20 PM
Your wrong Jacky. You don't mind me calling you Jacky right? I think it's more appropriate to call you Jacky. :)

I agree, your owners have no clue what so ever about football same with the shrek trio we have at United, Americans = No real knowledge about the sport.

Indeed. They dnt know anything.. they just act like they do.

& yeah Jack... :/

Jack.Lfc
12-11-2009, 09:20 PM
Call me what you like

&

I thought rooney had a clue tbh :'(

BoomItsClowgon
12-11-2009, 09:25 PM
Indeed. They dnt know anything.. they just act like they do.

& yeah Jack... :/

How old are you Meree? :)

Call me what you like

&

I thought rooney had a clue tbh :'(

K Jacky, i will Jacky. Rooney is nothing like Shrek, Jacky.

So Jacky... hows the scouse accent coming along? Think you could teach me a trick or two, Jacky?

Jibbish
12-11-2009, 09:38 PM

randy lerner.

Meree.
12-11-2009, 09:39 PM
How old are you Meree? :)

K Jacky, i will Jacky. Rooney is nothing like Shrek, Jacky.

So Jacky... hows the scouse accent coming along? Think you could teach me a trick or two, Jacky?

I'd say nice of u to take an interest, but I wont as ur simply not. Im 15 & have a right to tell my opinion without you telling me its wrong, or changing it etc

BoomItsClowgon
12-11-2009, 09:43 PM
randy lerner.

He's Aston Villa right? He's ok i suppose, been with them for a few years now, don't hear much of him tbh. I suppose you could say he's an exception! :P

I'd say nice of u to take an interest, but I wont as ur simply not. Im 15 & have a right to tell my opinion without you telling me its wrong, or changing it etc

Hold it..... i was just asking your age, don't cha think if i was going to crit what you said, i would of said it in the previous posts?

Nice meting you Meree, i see you around. :)

Jibbish
12-11-2009, 09:46 PM
He's Aston Villa right? He's ok i suppose, been with them for a few years now, don't hear much of him tbh. I suppose you could say he's an exception! :P
yeah hes the type of owner who lets the manager do it his way, and does not interfere

BoomItsClowgon
12-11-2009, 09:50 PM
yeah hes the type of owner who lets the manager do it his way, and does not interfere

What most mangers would like i would think. :)

Jack.Lfc
12-11-2009, 10:02 PM

I think he fancies you.

BoomItsClowgon
12-11-2009, 10:10 PM
I think he fancies you.

Love is the air.... :8

Black_Apalachi
13-11-2009, 12:17 AM

He also has decent BACK UP PLAYERS... :P unlike some. :

So why can't you give Rafa the same about of time as Wenger?

LOL....

United till i die... united till i die! :eusa_clap

United :eusa_clap United :eusa_clap United :eusa_clap

You never like to hear the truth, you Liverpool fans. :eusa_whis

It is a bit of a joke though when you go on about acting loyal to a team that's nearly 100 miles away from you! :P

CHA!NGANG
13-11-2009, 12:38 AM
So why can't you give Rafa the same about of time as Wenger?

It is a bit of a joke though when you go on about acting loyal to a team that's nearly 100 miles away from you! :P

For the first part. Arsene has been at Arsenal for 13 years. Rafa has been at Liverpool for what? 4? That's the big difference. If Arsene doesn't win anything for 4 years, Arsenal fans will still show faith in him as he has won a lot for the club before and is the best manager the club has ever had. However, with Rafa yes he's won a few trophies and the CL but he's only been at the club for 3-4 years and fans might not have as much patience with him that arsenal fans do with Arsene. Not the mention the board who have a great amount of faith in Arsene. The main difference with Rafa though is that he hasn't had one amazing team. He has had a few decent sides with some good players, but then he sold these players causing the team to go downhill, so it's really his fault in some respects that Liverpool are in this situation because of his signings. Saying that, I do hope he doesn't get fired and I can't see it happening anyway, as he is a good manager.

Ardemax
13-11-2009, 06:40 AM
sorry meree but just cos you want new players and think that will solve everything, it won't

look at arsenal (as mentioned), has Arsene spent lots on new players? no. he's brought the younger players up to their peak, sold them for wayyyyyy more profit, then repeats.

judging by their position on the table, i think it's working ;)

Jack.Lfc
13-11-2009, 04:10 PM
sorry meree but just cos you want new players and think that will solve everything, it won't

look at arsenal (as mentioned), has Arsene spent lots on new players? no. he's brought the younger players up to their peak, sold them for wayyyyyy more profit, then repeats.

judging by their position on the table, i think it's working ;)

Thats the reason he has won **** all. If he bought a couple of experenced players arsenal would wipe the floor with everyone and walk the league.

Ardemax
13-11-2009, 06:30 PM
im sorry jack but he doesn't need experienced players, as shown by mr. rafa

luce
13-11-2009, 07:22 PM
I don't think he will go until the end of the season at least and that's only if things go even worse for him in the rest of this season. Every top class manager have off seasons you can't just chuck him out really

Flamedragon3
13-11-2009, 07:58 PM
Should have known a thread like this would be made by Clowgon. :rolleyes: He will not be sacked, Liverpool still have a chance in the Premiership, they're still in the F.A Cup and they could possibly climb their way back into the Champions League if there really lucky. Even if they don't win a trophy this season, he is hardly going to get sacked is he? Maybe we should slate Fergie off now because of Nani's confirmed upset by him and how he gets nothing back from Fergie?

Jack.Lfc
13-11-2009, 08:07 PM
Oh christ

ardemax = clowgon number 2.

Has no idea of football.

Arsen wenger is doing a great job with a bunch of kids, infact won nothing in 4 years. They've lost the likes of viera, campbell, henry, bergkamp, but there doing a fantastic job winning trophy after trophy and need no experienced players.

Edited by Jamesy (Forum Moderator): Please do not post in a way that will provoke arguments.

Flamedragon3
13-11-2009, 08:16 PM
Oh christ

Has no idea of football.

Arsen wenger is doing a great job with a bunch of kids, infact won nothing in 4 years. They've lost the likes of viera, campbell, henry, bergkamp, but there doing a fantastic job winning trophy after trophy and need no experienced players.
Infact Toure was the last of the Arsenal elites when they didn't lose a single game in that season years ago. People rate Arsene one of the best managers in the Premier League (which I agree with) yet he hasn't won a trophy in four years but is still one of the best managers in the league. For Rafa to not win a trophy this season is a stupid reason why others will think he will get the boot.

Ardemax
13-11-2009, 08:46 PM
Oh christ

Has no idea of football.

they didn't "lose" all of the players, he sold them for like 4x the profit, something the other top premier league clubs have failed the understand

i don't understand football? we'll see where that comment will get you

Jack.Lfc
13-11-2009, 08:49 PM
they didn't "lose" all of the players, he sold them for like 4x the profit, something the other top premier league clubs have failed the understand

i don't understand football? we'll see where that comment will get you

Since he's sold them, what has he won?

What did he sell pires for? What did he sell bergkamp for? What did he sell campbell for? what did he sell parlour for? what did he sell keown for? what did he sell dixon for?

Made profit on henry and viera.

Ardemax
13-11-2009, 08:51 PM
im sorry but if you think football is just about how much you win in 4 years then umm... well yeah, explained already

this year will be a good year for him...

wait a minute, wasn't it a load of liverpool fans who thought arshavin was crap?

funny how he put 4 behind reina :eusa_danc

Jack.Lfc
13-11-2009, 08:55 PM
When did aload of liverpool fans say he was crap. PMSL u just have no comeback to what i said, so ur making things up.

Ardemax
13-11-2009, 09:20 PM
im sorry but PMSL... no

don't act as if you don't know, most premier league teams thought the arshavin signing was a bad one, but arsene knew what he was doing

just like he knows what hes doing with all his youngers

let us look at liverpools "young stars" compared to arsenals, well?

Jack.Lfc
13-11-2009, 09:26 PM
What have your young stars won you? :lol: They may be good but they've done **** all. Anyway why not support rhyl or someone.

Ardemax
13-11-2009, 09:54 PM
the **** are you on about rhyl?

oh because i live in wales i must support rhyl?

i support swansea + arsenal actually, problem? :rolleyes:

Jack.Lfc
13-11-2009, 09:56 PM
Ok i support liverpool and everton oh and tranmere

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!