PDA

View Full Version : Camping

TheEclipse
18-11-2009, 03:01 AM
I'm going camping in Australia. There will be towns nearby, and there will be toilets. There will not be electricity or camp fires (it's fire ban season). We'll be using a camp gas oven.

I'm going with my boyfriend.

What should we take?

Metric1
18-11-2009, 03:33 AM
I'm going camping in Australia. There will be towns nearby, and there will be toilets. There will not be electricity or camp fires (it's fire ban season). We'll be using a camp gas oven.

I'm going with my boyfriend.

What should we take?

Condoms.

Blinger1
18-11-2009, 04:08 AM
Where in Australia, i can record it... ;)?

Bring something to do, maybe bathers if you are going near the water (if there is any still, lol!) or we used to bring a little motorbike (peewee 80) and yeah :)

TheEclipse
18-11-2009, 05:13 AM
Heh. There's water in the ocean so yes, I'm bringing bathers.
Yorke Peninsula.

Offtopic, but if you are sleeping outside, and it's really hot weather outside, and would be even hotter in the car when you're not driving it with the airconditioner on, wouldn't that be really bad for condoms?

Blinger1
18-11-2009, 08:18 AM
Yo what? You plan to do it in the car? Dude, sleep outside just being mossie spray ;)

BeanEgg
18-11-2009, 10:13 AM
To take: (Assuming you can carry this all)

Accommodation:
Tent
Sleeping Bag
Floor mat
Torch (With spare batteries)
Some source of power (Eg. Solar power generator)

Food:
Small Camping Stove
Forks, Knifes and spoons (Metal)
Cleaning equipment

Clothing:
Boots
Waterproof trousers
Waterproof Jacket
Warm socks
Warm jumper
Swimming Wear
T-Shirt
Shorts
Flip Flops (if you want :)
If its cold

Other:
First Aid Kit
Spare plastic bags
Condoms (Not as a joke)
Swiss Knife (Multi purpose)

There's lots more, but that's just some.

syko2006
18-11-2009, 04:16 PM
Condoms.

Lmao, what he said! :D

khelzy09
19-11-2009, 02:48 AM
To take: (Assuming you can carry this all)

Accommodation:
Tent
Sleeping Bag
Floor mat
Torch (With spare batteries)
Some source of power (Eg. Solar power generator)

Food:
Small Camping Stove
Forks, Knifes and spoons (Metal)
Cleaning equipment

Clothing:
Boots
Waterproof trousers
Waterproof Jacket
Warm socks
Warm jumper
Swimming Wear
T-Shirt
Shorts
Flip Flops (if you want :)
If its cold

Other:
First Aid Kit
Spare plastic bags
Condoms (Not as a joke)
Swiss Knife (Multi purpose)

There's lots more, but that's just some.

another thing/s:
easy-to-cook foods
instead of forks and spoon, you can bring/use sporks..
water
light shoes
bandana
hat for sun and a warm knit cap for night and sleeping
toothbrush
lighter
cook pot
bowl or eating cup
a couple empty large or small ziploc bag

TheEclipse
19-11-2009, 04:00 AM
Yo what? You plan to do it in the car? Dude, sleep outside just being mossie spray ;)

No, I mean, there's nowhere to keep condoms if it's 40 degrees outside, and hotter in a car.

Blinger1
19-11-2009, 04:37 AM
That's what a wallet is for!! Surely they won't melt otherwise just pull out in time ;)

TheEclipse
19-11-2009, 06:11 AM
That's what a wallet is for!! Surely they won't melt otherwise just pull out in time ;)

40 degrees outside. Ie, outside, where my/his wallet is.

Blinger1
19-11-2009, 06:16 AM
yes i know, they will be fine! its not freakin' 2cent plastic

TheEclipse
21-11-2009, 10:36 AM
... ...

Incorrect, mate.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070711042714AAU3583
I know it's just yahoo answers here but I don't really want to go on sites all about condoms right this second, plus the info is valid. It even lists WALLETS as a bad place to keep them.

I'm hoping you're not trying to prevent pregnancy with anyone.

adaym
21-11-2009, 12:24 PM
... ...

Incorrect, mate.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070711042714AAU3583
I know it's just yahoo answers here but I don't really want to go on sites all about condoms right this second, plus the info is valid. It even lists WALLETS as a bad place to keep them.

I'm hoping you're not trying to prevent pregnancy with anyone.
Hi.

You're wrong.

Bye.

Smits
21-11-2009, 12:47 PM
Id rather risk it with a warm condom than no condom at all...

TheEclipse
21-11-2009, 01:05 PM
http://www.google.com.au/#hl=en&source=hp&q=recommended+temperature+for+condoms&btnG=Google+Search&meta=&aq=f&oq=recommended+temperature+for+condoms&fp=e830cfbdf06f2a75

Saying 'room temperature'

http://www.google.com.au/#hl=en&q=recommended+temperature+for+condoms+wallet&meta=&aq=&oq=recommended+temperature+for+condoms+walle&fp=e830cfbdf06f2a75
Saying 'don't put it in your wallet'.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean I'm wrong.

Though feel free to give me a reliable site that says it's fine.

[though Smits, I agree, I was talking about how to deal with it so that it's not going to be dangerous at all]

Metric1
21-11-2009, 05:01 PM
I store condoms in my wallet, nobody has gotten pregnant yet.

TheEclipse
24-11-2009, 01:04 AM
Possibly just luck. It's not recommended to go above room temperature, and your body is more than room temperature.

Anyway, back to ordinary camping talk.

TheEclipse
29-12-2009, 09:42 AM
Well, I had an absolutely brilliant time, other than the big huge snake, the flies everywhere, the wind, the sunburn (mild luckily), the no showers, the long drop toilets, and the ticks.

Seriously, I did have a great time, those were just bad aspects. We saw and did lots of great things.

Blinger1
30-12-2009, 03:04 AM
Ooh, i went camping from boxing day till monday (i think it was) at the Grampians National Park. Sweet area, I didn't see many long drop toilets so I went once in the bushes somewhere.. most awkwardest thing ever!

The question everyone is asking.. are you knocked up now?

Hecktix
30-12-2009, 04:30 AM
I only camp when we go to racing events, we sometimes take a caravan sometimes take a tent, it's ironic that when we've taken a tent the weather has been crap yet when we've taken a caravan the weather was glorious for four days straight.

TheEclipse
30-12-2009, 04:36 AM
lol no I'm not knocked up now. But we don't have sex so this whole argument about them and taking them was sort of pointless.

Black_Apalachi
30-12-2009, 04:37 AM
I've only been camping like three times. Once with cub scouts, once at my mate's grandparents' farm which was boss and once in Anglesey which was THE BEST SUMMER EVER!!!!!!!!!!! oh and once more at Glastonbury which was the best summer ever actually lol.

Blinger1
30-12-2009, 04:40 AM
lol no I'm not knocked up now. But we don't have sex so this whole argument about them and taking them was sort of pointless.

... Wth why not!? I saw a couple camping who were in their late teens by themselves guess what they got up to!!

Black_Apalachi
30-12-2009, 05:41 AM
... Wth why not!? I saw a couple camping who were in their late teens by themselves guess what they got up to!!

dunno show us the video you took of them

Blinger1
30-12-2009, 05:44 AM
dunno show us the video you took of them
Would Blinger really do that? ;)

Black_Apalachi
30-12-2009, 06:00 AM
idk :eusa_ange

TheEclipse
30-12-2009, 07:07 AM
Cos we don't want to go that far right now? People can assume what they want but that doesn't make it true. :)
Anyway. It was awesome to go camping.

Blinger1
30-12-2009, 07:14 AM
OMG! C'mon...

What did you do while you were camping?

TheEclipse
31-12-2009, 04:02 AM
*shrugs* sorry to disappoint. But we're happy with our sexual choices thanks.

Anyway. We visited a looot of small towns and their museums and sights, went walking, saw awesome animals, swam, cooked outside (not on a campfire it's not allowed), went to a few pubs (not to drink, to eat) participated in local Christmas activities, drove around a lot, took photos, played boardgames, and generally enjoyed each others company.

Metric1
31-12-2009, 04:39 AM
We always take a caravan when we go away. The caravan is currently in Florida because I took it down there and never took it back. Now that we have the Ford I can go down and get it. Caravans FTW.

Black_Apalachi
31-12-2009, 05:49 AM
We always take a caravan when we go away. The caravan is currently in Florida because I took it down there and never took it back. Now that we have the Ford I can go down and get it. Caravans FTW.

I dunno if you get it over there, but I advise you don't ever watch a TV show called Top Gear :P.

TheEclipse
03-01-2010, 01:22 AM
Caravans are indeed pretty awesome, but I can't afford one right now! One day!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!