PDA

View Full Version : Henry

Jack.Lfc
18-11-2009, 10:25 PM
Cheating scum. He should get as much stick as Eduardo and Ngog if not more as it was the most blatent handball i've seen and he has nothing to defend himself like a sore hand.

StefanWolves
18-11-2009, 10:27 PM
CHEATING FRENCH *******DDDDDDDD:@

Browney
18-11-2009, 10:29 PM
Where can I see this tragic event?

StefanWolves
18-11-2009, 10:30 PM
Sky Sports 1. Absolutely disgusting.

Browney
18-11-2009, 10:31 PM
THEN WHAT AM I DOING HERE!?

*scuttles off*

Mexel
18-11-2009, 10:31 PM
WHAT A ****. IM SO ****** OFF CANT ******* BELIEVE IT. PLAYED SO FLIPPING WELL ASWELL.

Jack.Lfc
18-11-2009, 10:35 PM
I gotta feeling, that tonights gunna be a good night.

Mexel
18-11-2009, 10:37 PM
I gotta feeling, that tonights gunna be a good night.

Pissed me off listning to that at the end lol :l

alexxxxx
18-11-2009, 10:40 PM
so funny.

the thing is, you'd take it if it was your country.

it didn't look THAT intentional.

ALLEZ LES BLEUS

Jack.Lfc
18-11-2009, 10:42 PM
so funny.

ALLEZ LES BLEUS

Nobody condones any cheating on this forum. You should no that by now.

hah
18-11-2009, 10:44 PM
*REMOVED*

im irish btw LOL

Edited by Garion (Assistant Forum Manager): Please do not post comments that people may find offensive.

Browney
18-11-2009, 10:46 PM
so funny.

ALLEZ LES BLEUS

The first one, I could let slide, but then Henry clearly flicks it back in. :@

alexxxxx
18-11-2009, 10:46 PM
i don't frequent this forum that much tbh.

front page of the L'Equipe:

LA FRANCE A SON TICKET EN MAIN
(France have their ticket in hand)
aha

I would be disappointed if i was french in the fact that i got through on a dodgy goal. But I would shrug it off.

Mexel
18-11-2009, 10:50 PM
so funny.

ALLEZ LES BLEUS

Dont find it funny at all. No one likes cheaters. And it was BLATENT he pushed it back in :S

alexxxxx
18-11-2009, 10:50 PM
Dont find it funny at all. No one likes cheaters. And it was BLATENT he pushed it back in :S
ill have to look at it again. when it arrives on youtube which i suspect it will v soon.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JhQp5avPFw

eh yeah it does look pretty bad.

StefanWolves
18-11-2009, 10:52 PM
It's not that I wanted Ireland to win that much, it's just my hatred for France.

Jack.Lfc
18-11-2009, 10:53 PM
It was like a basketball touch :lol:

alexxxxx
18-11-2009, 10:55 PM
lol well i don't hate either nation really.

yeah i didn't realise that moved his hand towards the ball i thought it just conveniently touched it.

but remember, it's not like ireland were guaranteed to win, nor were france for that matter.

brandon
18-11-2009, 10:59 PM
I was gonna say daylight robbery but it's pretty dark outside.

Unlucky Ireland

Mexel
18-11-2009, 11:00 PM
lol well i don't hate either nation really.

yeah i didn't realise that moved his hand towards the ball i thought it just conveniently touched it.

but remember, it's not like ireland were guaranteed to win, nor were france for that matter.

I know, but it just annoys me because Ireland played so well. France did not look good at all in my opinion.

CHA!NGANG
18-11-2009, 11:00 PM
Cheating scum. He should get as much stick as Eduardo and Ngog if not more as it was the most blatent handball i've seen and he has nothing to defend himself like a sore hand.

Sounds familiar :eusa_whis Lol yeah was a blatent handball and a stupid one at that. I did want france to go through really but not like that but then again before it, Ireland needed a goal to through. After it Ireland needed a goal to go through, so really it only mattered as it meant that it probably wouldn't have gone to penalties but it was a handball and inexcusable and I'm sure the papers will be full of it :P

Jack.Lfc
18-11-2009, 11:01 PM
Sounds familiar :eusa_whis Lol yeah was a blatent handball and a stupid one at that. I did want france to go through really but not like that but then again before it, Ireland needed a goal to through. After it Ireland needed a goal to go through, so really it only mattered as it meant that it probably wouldn't have gone to penalties but it was a handball and inexcusable and I'm sure the papers will be full of it :P

:D

I copied your ngog post :lol:

BoomItsClowgon
18-11-2009, 11:12 PM
my dad is shouting black ******* at the tv

im irish btw LOL

Your dad should be put in shackles for a day. ;)

http://www.facebook.com/ThierryHenry?ref=search&sid=1037689377.3664760804..1

diego maradona wannabe here...

An absolute disgrace, Ireland worked thier socks off for this game. I hope we don't see anything like this kind of sort in the World Cup.

Smits
18-11-2009, 11:12 PM
Thierry Henry - One of the greatest players in the world.

Geraint
18-11-2009, 11:16 PM
Don't worry. France at the World Cup with Domenech will be a hell of a laugh.

BoomItsClowgon
18-11-2009, 11:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpBoNLzvHrk

StefanWolves
18-11-2009, 11:24 PM
Smits don't make me laugh.

Jack.Lfc
18-11-2009, 11:25 PM
Thierry Henry - One of the greatest players in the world.

You missed the word Was out. Best striker to play in the premier league.

BoomItsClowgon
18-11-2009, 11:39 PM
Can't a game be replayed? I'm sure a few years back, an international game was replayed due to flood light failure or something like that.

Platini must be celebrating with some caravelle right now.

Smits
18-11-2009, 11:41 PM
It can't be disputed, while playing for arsenal, he was superb. And i still believe he;s one of the best now. Always liked him, even though he;s done this, i'll still like him.

Simply because, nobody can honestly say they wouldnt of been tempted to do the same. Besides, that was a clear penalty before.

Jack.Lfc
18-11-2009, 11:55 PM
I'd take him at liverpool in a shot, Just dont think he's the same player as he used to be.

@CLOWGON

You cant play a game with no floodlights.
Cheating happens if this game was replayed all games which involve contreversy will need to be replayed.

luce
19-11-2009, 07:37 AM
so funny.

ALLEZ LES BLEUS

ont les bleus? at least get the person right..

I didn't see it i stopped watching for im a celeb :eusa_whis aa few people here will be happy to say we're closer to france then england but yeah i don't some from where i live.

To be fair if rooney had done it we would be laughing it up and enjoying it, like the french are probably doing now. Shame they couldn't get knocked out though :(

Blinger1
19-11-2009, 07:41 AM
You guys also complain because someone has a chance of beating England or Ireland inthe world cup (whoever made it through).
I don't care he did this, Australia will lose anyway :)

AlexOC
19-11-2009, 07:46 AM
I hope France lose in the first round now, *****.

Bun
19-11-2009, 09:12 AM
i would be more scared of playing ireland than france.

BoomItsClowgon
19-11-2009, 10:02 AM
I'd take him at liverpool in a shot, Just dont think he's the same player as he used to be.

@CLOWGON

You cant play a game with no floodlights.
Cheating happens if this game was replayed all games which involve contreversy will need to be replayed.

Ye i know that lol. I'm just saying, i'm sure an International game a few years back was replayed due to floodlight failure.

Skajo
19-11-2009, 11:42 AM
What happened when Maradona scored the 'hand of God' goal? The first to laugh at us was the Irish. Screw the Irish.

**** happens.

Arron
19-11-2009, 11:44 AM
To previous page post: No i dont think it was a penalty, Anelka was looking for the penalty and for me went down to dramatically.

I was shocked when i didnt see the handball disallowed. disappointed with Henry, but i still like him.

--- Video Referee?

I think its about time to get it in place for the World Cup.

Kevin
19-11-2009, 02:20 PM
It's very annoying that it was allowed, especially since it was Irelands last chance into the World Cup & Ireland were the better team than France in that match.

It would have been interesting to see Ireland in the world cup, it's fun having something of importance to watch when your home country is involved in it.

Blinger1
19-11-2009, 02:25 PM
I know you guys won't care much but the exact same thing happened to Australia in the 06 world cup. It was us versus Italy and in the last stages one of th Italians took a dive and cost us the match. I think it wad the quarter or semi finals?

Ardemax
19-11-2009, 04:03 PM
agreed with someone's post, if it was your team who did that you wouldn't give two hoots

yes it was wrong, yes henry is to blame, but just think if england did this?

there'd be a lot of :eusa_whis and ;)

;)

StefanWolves
19-11-2009, 04:43 PM
Ardemax, that is totally besides the point. Yes, we'd laugh if it was England v Ireland, yes we'd do the same in Henry's position, but that isn't the case, this was Henry & France who did this, not you or me for England. So will people please stop talking crap and saying "OH UD LAUGH IF TWASS ENGLANDD!!" - shut up, it's besides the point.

*REMOVED*

Edited By Britishtea (Trialist Forum moderator): Please don't be rude.

Andeeh
19-11-2009, 04:51 PM
i like France, people are nice there :)

lost some respect for Henry, but a world cup wouldnt be that without France

Smits
19-11-2009, 04:55 PM
Ardemax, that is totally besides the point. Yes, we'd laugh if it was England v Ireland, yes we'd do the same in Henry's position, but that isn't the case, this was Henry & France who did this, not you or me for England. So will people please stop talking crap and saying "OH UD LAUGH IF TWASS ENGLANDD!!" - shut up, it's besides the point.

*REMOVED*

I think what's more besides the point is you basing everything you say on your hatred of france.

Geraint
19-11-2009, 05:28 PM
If I was Irish, I'd be moaning about the ******* seedings.

Jordie
19-11-2009, 05:29 PM
The Ref had such a good game aswell but he did miss what cost Ireland the game. Was so Blatent he handled it twice! I very much doubt they will get a replay aswell.

Smits
19-11-2009, 05:37 PM
Yeh, it is a shame, but a replay won't be given. At the end of the day, henry ****** up, he cheated ireland and he knows it. He'll now be remembered for that, and not what he should be remembered for, similar to marradonna. Great player, bad mistake.

Kevin
19-11-2009, 05:48 PM
Hopefully we will get a replay, if enough kick & fuss is created it could possibly happen.

syko2006
19-11-2009, 06:56 PM
He is a cheating ****** man!!!!!

adaym
19-11-2009, 07:05 PM
Henry is one of the finest players, if not the best player ever to grace the Premier League and you're condemning him for the referee's mistake? He said it himself he wouldn't of contested the decision if the referee made one.

What else could he do? You play until the whistle - that's the first thing you learn as a footballer. It's not his fault.

IrishHero
19-11-2009, 07:08 PM
That was a ******* disgrace
I'm Irish...

adaym
19-11-2009, 07:18 PM
I'm Irish...
HAHAHAHAHAHA UNLUCKY.

CHA!NGANG
19-11-2009, 07:23 PM
I'm Irish...

Lol, well the name, signature and location kind of gave that away :P

There is a good point about how if it was England would people complain? No? Oh and Wolves.. I really think your wrong here. How can you say that it makes no difference that if it was England people wouldn't care. It makes a lot of difference. You're letting your hatred of France get the better of you :P Anyway, this won't take anything from Henry's reputation for me. He has always set a great example as a footballer and been a role model and he made a mistake yes, but the linesman was a fool and should have seen it and at least Henry owned upto it. You can't blame the ref though. Also you shouldn't punish Henry imo as you can't punish some players and not others but starting next season a punishment system should be inplace I think, along with two extra refs in all major leagues.

I'd be all up for a re-match but then again its tricky. Do you play the whole 2nd leg again? If so will Henry be banned? And also if they play it again it means Ireland need to score twice to go through as there first goal scored wouldn't count. Also should they just play extra-time or penalties? Because of all of this I doubt it will be played again but it would be nice as long as that waste of space Gignac doesn't play and Benzema does.

adaym
19-11-2009, 07:25 PM
There is no chance of a re-match.

CJW93
19-11-2009, 07:33 PM
Although I don't condone what Henry did and think it is a true disgrace to the game. I did love watching Ireland cry

AlexOC
19-11-2009, 07:44 PM
Aww i only feel sorry for 'R Shay.

Justice For Ireland!!

Geraint
19-11-2009, 09:08 PM
At least Henry and Maradona admit that cheating git Scottish git Joe Jordan still doesn't admit to it to this day and that was for the world cup too. :@

I don't see how he cheated. Yes, he handballed but what was he meant to do, go over to the ref and say "Oh, ref I just handled it on purpose, might aswell send me off". It was the officials fault, both the referee and the linesman. No person in Henry's position, would have told the ref that he handled it.

Probably already been said this and argued against but I'm saying this so it's true, obviously. :D

Wait, am I contradicting myself by calling Jordan a cheat and not Henry. Probably, but it's against Wales so it's cheating. Y'know views change when your from that country and that's just the way it is I suppose.

AlexOC
19-11-2009, 09:23 PM
At least Henry and Maradona admit that cheating git Scottish git Joe Jordan still doesn't admit to it to this day and that was for the world cup too. :@

I don't see how he cheated. Yes, he handballed but what was he meant to do, go over to the ref and say "Oh, ref I just handled it on purpose, might aswell send me off". It was the officials fault, both the referee and the linesman. No person in Henry's position, would have told the ref that he handled it.

Probably already been said this and argued against but I'm saying this so it's true, obviously. :D

Wait, am I contradicting myself by calling Jordan a cheat and not Henry. Probably, but it's against Wales so it's cheating. Y'know views change when your from that country and that's just the way it is I suppose.

He cheated by cupping his hand around the ball and stopping it going out of play then creating a goal. That's how he cheated

Cypher-
19-11-2009, 09:37 PM
HAHAHA is all I have to say, I despise the Irish and Henry doing is has just made me like his character more. :D

P.S. To anyone who quotes this, I know hes a cheat, Yes I would hate it done to me and so forth and so on.

Titch
19-11-2009, 10:21 PM
Ban the french scum from the world cup and every1 will be happy.

Hitman
19-11-2009, 10:24 PM
Henry is one of the finest players, if not the best player ever to grace the Premier League and you're condemning him for the referee's mistake? He said it himself he wouldn't of contested the decision if the referee made one.

What else could he do? You play until the whistle - that's the first thing you learn as a footballer. It's not his fault.
He could have not hand balled it in the first place...

http://i48.tinypic.com/24exhy8.jpg

Terrible.

adaym
19-11-2009, 11:07 PM
He could have not hand balled it in the first place...

http://i48.tinypic.com/24exhy8.jpg

Terrible.
Instinctive reaction, you'll see it week in week out in football and if you've played the game you'd know.

Smits
19-11-2009, 11:14 PM
Instinctive reaction, you'll see it week in week out in football and if you've played the game you'd know.

Exactly, i play alot and i've stuck my arm out instintively multiple times the immediately realise and the ref gives a handball.

Basically, when the ball is so close to you, but you cant reach it, and your so keen to get a hold of it, it is insticnt and takes alot to avoid. it was the officials fault and not his. He's hardly gonna complain and say it was unfair.

Cypher-
19-11-2009, 11:45 PM

im irish btw LOL

Your dad is totally awesome!!!! :8 Guess he wont be happy that black man is going to the world cup and the taigs arent eh :(

StefanWolves
19-11-2009, 11:50 PM
I can't believe some people on this forum are even condoning this cheating in the slightest - and people wonder why football, especially International football, is going down the pan.

And please don't even try to blame the referee, blame the linesman, the Referee had about 6 players in front of him.

adaym
19-11-2009, 11:52 PM
I can't believe some people on this forum are even condoning this cheating in the slightest - and people wonder why football, especially International football, is going down the pan.

And please don't even try to blame the referee, blame the linesman, the Referee had about 6 players in front of him.
It's not cheating fgs.

Jack.Lfc
19-11-2009, 11:52 PM
I blame the ref.

StefanWolves
19-11-2009, 11:58 PM
How on EARTH can you say its NOT cheating? HENRY ADMITTED HE HANDLED THE BALL, WHICH IS CHEATING, IT'S AGAINST THE RULES, IF YOU DO SOMETHING AGAINST THE RULES YOU ARE 'CHEATING'.

YES, it was his NATURAL REACTIONS, but that still doesn't take away from the fact that he handled it, which is CHEATING.

BoomItsClowgon
20-11-2009, 12:00 AM
What's with all the racist stuff and the French remarks?

Yes he cheated in a way which brings discredit to himself and his whole footballing nation but when racist remarks are being said then there's no need for it.

It's football *** get over it. You win some you lose some.

StefanWolves
20-11-2009, 12:04 AM
I don't like the French, and I don't hide that fact. Yet people are allowed to post crap like this:

im irish btw LOL
And get away with it? yet I get called RACIST and are WARNED for calling NO ONE a 'French *******'.

adaym
20-11-2009, 12:10 AM
How on EARTH can you say its NOT cheating? HENRY ADMITTED HE HANDLED THE BALL, WHICH IS CHEATING, IT'S AGAINST THE RULES, IF YOU DO SOMETHING AGAINST THE RULES YOU ARE 'CHEATING'.

YES, it was his NATURAL REACTIONS, but that still doesn't take away from the fact that he handled it, which is CHEATING.
It is the referee who cheated as he has to enforce those rules - Henry doesn't have to enforce them, if he doesn't follow them than he can be reprimanded for that however that is down to the referee and not Henry.

Things like this happen week in / week out.

BoomItsClowgon
20-11-2009, 12:12 AM
I don't like the French, and I don't hide that fact. Yet people are allowed to post crap like this:

And get away with it? yet I get called RACIST and are WARNED for calling NO ONE a 'French *******'.

Ok fair enough but maybe keep it to yourself? Call him stuff (verbally) but not racially... no need for it. :)

I mean what is it to you? Your not Irish! :P

That's the one thing i hate... racist people.. there's no need for racism, in any situation.

Jack.Lfc
20-11-2009, 12:23 AM
Its funny how ngog got slated, n henry is bein defended

BoomItsClowgon
20-11-2009, 12:47 AM
Its funny how ngog got slated, n henry is bein defended

This is much more serious Jacky, this has potentially lost Ireland millions of pounds.... Peanut head has wrecked the dreams of the Irish players which whom, so desperately wanted be in the World Cup. For many, this will be their last chance. :(

Jack.Lfc
20-11-2009, 12:48 AM
This is much more serious Jacky, this has potentially lost Ireland millions of pounds.... Peanut head has wrecked the dreams of the Irish players which whom, so desperately wanted be in the World Cup. For many, this will be their last chance. :(

Well why r people defending henry.

BoomItsClowgon
20-11-2009, 12:57 AM
Well why r people defending henry.

*REMOVED*

I don't think anyone on here has defending what he did, i think. :S Most football fans across the Country seem to think what Henry done is lowest any footballer could go in terms of cheating. Few professionally footballers have also spoken out and feel the same.

Watched the Interview of Henry on sky sports and he felt no guilt at all, you could tell he couldn't care a **** what people thought of him his attitude when questions were brought forward to him was dam right disrespectful. He could of shown a little guilt/remorse for what he did but instead he decided to take the piss out of the questions he was asked regarding the incident.

Edited by SuperNic. (Forum Moderator): Please do not make inappropriate posts.

Blinger1
20-11-2009, 01:01 AM
So its a big deal because the Irish didn't get through then?

Black_Apalachi
20-11-2009, 01:39 AM
Ireland did so well, I'm majorly disappointed for them. I was surprised Keane even put that away lol. Is there a video of the other handball Henry is supposed to have done?

so funny.

ALLEZ LES BLEUS

It couldn't have been more intentional if he picked up the ball, stuck it down his kex and walked into the goal. :S

... --- Video Referee?

I think its about time to get it in place for the World Cup.

Agreed. I can't understand why on Earth the FA refuse to implement it. Stubborn arrogant idiots.

I'm Irish...

Where abouts are you from btw?

Ardemax
20-11-2009, 06:39 AM

*REMOVED*

Edited By Britishtea (Trialist Forum moderator): Please don't be rude.

no it's not beside the point, ACTUALLY.

StefanWolves
20-11-2009, 05:04 PM
This forum is full of two faced people contradictory opinions, no point in arguing Jack.

And Ardemax, is that all you can say? ACTUALLY? you're wrong just face it.

Smits
20-11-2009, 05:10 PM
This forum is full of two faced people contradictory opinions, no point in arguing Jack.

And Ardemax, is that all you can say? ACTUALLY? you're wrong just face it.

No he's not wrong, none of that stuff is beside the point. It's happened, get over it and stop using it as a chance to vent your racist anger towards the french.

Nothing will happen, it won't be replayed, France are through, Ireland are out. Yes it's harsh the way it happened, nobody wants to see that but theres nothing else anyone can do.

StefanWolves
20-11-2009, 05:26 PM
How is it racist when being French isn't a race? honestly.

Gibs960
20-11-2009, 05:41 PM
He should miss 3 games

AlexOC
20-11-2009, 05:50 PM
He should miss 3 games

No, he cheated like all players do from time to time, FIFA should be punished for supplying **** refs and linesman and should allow a replay. It's their fault.

Geraint
20-11-2009, 06:20 PM
Oh, look, even Henry has said a replay would be fair.

AlexOC
20-11-2009, 07:02 PM

He only said that after FIFA ruled it out. He was scared that if he said it before, FIFA would consider it.

adaym
20-11-2009, 07:53 PM
He only said that after FIFA ruled it out. He was scared that if he said it before, FIFA would consider it.
FIFA would NEVER consider it.

AlexOC
20-11-2009, 07:56 PM
FIFA would NEVER consider it.

If Henry said to do.
Then Henry told France to replay.
Ireland accepted the replay.

FIFA would of been under great pressure to allow it, it was easier for him to let everything go on then when it was out of question agree there should of been a replay.

Geraint
20-11-2009, 08:49 PM
Let's replay every other game that has a slight bit of cheating then. Oh, every game will be replayed.

AlexOC
20-11-2009, 09:05 PM
Let's replay every other game that has a slight bit of cheating then. Oh, every game will be replayed.

It wasn't a slight bit of cheating, it was a player pulling the ball from going out of play and setting up a winning goal that knocked a team out of the greatest footballing competition in the world.

Jack.Lfc
20-11-2009, 10:27 PM
Henry onply said that because he knows that they wont replay it. Imagine if they did, all managers would want replays.

Lol@ roy keane what a **** ouse ****. Wish viera got hold of hiim. **** manager 2.

Black_Apalachi
21-11-2009, 01:43 AM

On the other hand, Roy Keane even said there shouldn't be a replay. If you hear what he said about the FAI it makes sense lol.

CHA!NGANG
21-11-2009, 03:27 PM
Really cba talking about this anymore but I'll add a few points.

At the end of the day, he handballed it in order to allow his country to get into the world cup. It's against the rules yes. But, as much as I don't think it was a good thing to do and as much as I think it was wrong, the linesman, not the ref, is at fault. He was inline with it and how he missed it is beyond me. Also Keane was right, the defending was poor and it seems like as soon as the Irish players saw the arm they stopped, which they shouldn't have as like said above, play to the whistle.

The ref had a good game but the linesman should have spotted it so any fans that are upset should be upset with him. Also, it wouldn't have been replayed anyway.

As for video technology I don't think it should be implied.I think that the extra two refs would stop most of this and it also wouldn't take anything away from the game. If you had video technology then all decisions would be correct which to be honset, isn't what most fans should want as it would ruin the game I think. The two refs on either goal though would stop the game changing problems like dives and handballs in the area though which is what should be stopped but if VT is used for every little thing then it's stupid.

Ardemax
21-11-2009, 03:52 PM
Hmmm, CHA!N I'm not sure on the video software stuff.

But I'm sure if it's applied correctly then surely we won't be having these threads? :P

Black_Apalachi
21-11-2009, 04:10 PM
Let's moan about Steven Ireland's offside goal and Bellamy's shove on Kuyt in the box today at Anfield instead.

CHA!NGANG
21-11-2009, 04:14 PM
Let's moan about Steven Ireland's offside goal and Bellamy's shove on Kuyt in the box today at Anfield instead.

Can't remember the shove but the goal wasn't offside I don't think. It was even. Look at the ball, it was even with Ireland.

alexxxxx
21-11-2009, 08:30 PM
this is really irritating me. listening to 606 green and everyone are acting like he killed someone.

i don't think it was deliberate. At full speed it just looks like a reaction...

'Ban him'

oh for heavens sake, if it wasn't for the fact that gallas headed it in you wouldn't be asking for the same thing.

AlexOC
22-11-2009, 12:20 AM
this is really irritating me. listening to 606 green and everyone are acting like he killed someone.

i don't think it was deliberate. At full speed it just looks like a reaction...

'Ban him'

oh for heavens sake, if it wasn't for the fact that gallas headed it in you wouldn't be asking for the same thing.

well of course if a goal hadn't of come of it and ireland hadn't been unfairly knocked out there wouldn't be so much anger and debate.

thats obvious.

your point?

stone-is-island
22-11-2009, 01:16 PM
I am not surprised. The ref is one of the worst in the world. He is always giving the other team that don't have the colors green and white advantage. In Sweden he is always judging against my team!! :(

"save our lifes, save our childs, away with Hansson from the football field"

It sound much better in Swedish!

alexxxxx
22-11-2009, 02:17 PM
well of course if a goal hadn't of come of it and ireland hadn't been unfairly knocked out there wouldn't be so much anger and debate.

thats obvious.

your point?

The point is that if someone handballs it in the box and a goal is scored in every circumstance, we should ban them? even on how accidental it could be? It sets a precedent. I personally don't think this was as deliberate as its made out to be, controlling a ball coming in at that speed when it bouces as well, especially when theres a player that crosses you, with your hand looks incredibly difficult.

CHA!NGANG
22-11-2009, 03:06 PM
Can I add that surely if a defender blocks a goal with his hand, should that mean there should be a ban for the player, or the game should be replayed? No it doesn't. If the ref sees it then it's a yellow/red card depending on the situation and a penalty and nothing further. If the ref saw this it would have been a yellow/red card and a free kick. But the ref didn't see it, just as some refs don't see defenders handballing it to stop a goal and in the later situation nothing happens after the game so nothing should happen in this case either.

Browney
22-11-2009, 04:19 PM
Can I add that surely if a defender blocks a goal with his hand, should that mean there should be a ban for the player, or the game should be replayed? No it doesn't. If the ref sees it then it's a yellow/red card depending on the situation and a penalty and nothing further. If the ref saw this it would have been a yellow/red card and a free kick. But the ref didn't see it, just as some refs don't see defenders handballing it to stop a goal and in the later situation nothing happens after the game so nothing should happen in this case either.

But, the defender would get a ban from FIFA, because the referee failed to punish a deliberate breaking of the rules. It would've been a red for the defender because 1. he deliberately hand-balled it and 2. denying a goalscoring opportunity. Whereas Henry just deliberately hand-balled it. Could've been left at a yellow depending on the ref. But that's not the point, the point is if the ref had seen it Henry would not have had the opportunity to cross it for Gallas.

alexxxxx
22-11-2009, 04:29 PM
But, the defender would get a ban from FIFA, because the referee failed to punish a deliberate breaking of the rules. It would've been a red for the defender because 1. he deliberately hand-balled it and 2. denying a goalscoring opportunity. Whereas Henry just deliberately hand-balled it. Could've been left at a yellow depending on the ref. But that's not the point, the point is if the ref had seen it Henry would not have had the opportunity to cross it for Gallas.
that would never recieve a red card in a game. and if the ref saw it, he would have got penalised, probably not even a yellow and the goalscoring opportunity would never have existed.

Browney
22-11-2009, 04:34 PM
that would never recieve a red card in a game. and if the ref saw it, he would have got penalised, probably not even a yellow and the goalscoring opportunity would never have existed.

Which is why I said could have been left at yellow? :S I said the defender could get a red, Henry wouldn't. And it doesnt matter because even if the ref had "umm-ahh"'d it over and then eventually gave a free kick Gallas wouldn't have scored. All I'm saying is Henry won't get a ban.

CHA!NGANG
22-11-2009, 04:49 PM

The defender wouldn't get a ban from FIFA. There have been lots of times where a defender has handballed it and the ref has missed it and nothing happens afterwards. And the defender probably wouldn't have got a red because I'm not saying, if the player was 1 on 1 and the defender literally stopped the goal with his hand, I'm saying if a defender handballed it in the penalty area (not to stop a goal) he would have got a yellow card by the ref if he saw it and if he didn't nothing would have happened afterwise. This is the same thing with Henry but on the offensive side. He handballed it but he didn't score, he set up a goal which could have been stopped anyway if the defending was better. If the ref had seen it then it probably would have been a yellow and a free kick. If he scored with his hand and the ref saw it then it might have been worse but he didn't.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is when a defender handballs it in his own area to stop a pass then it's a penalty and a yellow card for the player if the ref sees it. If the ref doesn't see it then nothing really happens afterwards.

Yet when Henry handballs it in the other area to try and pass it to a player (which is the opposite side of the above), people want him banned and the game replayed. If the ref saw it, it would have been a yellow card and a free kick just like the situation above, so according to that then if the ref didn't see it then nothing should be done afterwards as nothing would have been done if it was the defending side.

That probably doesn't make sense but yeah.

Browney
22-11-2009, 05:25 PM
The defender wouldn't get a ban from FIFA. There have been lots of times where a defender has handballed it and the ref has missed it and nothing happens afterwards. And the defender probably wouldn't have got a red because I'm not saying, if the player was 1 on 1 and the defender literally stopped the goal with his hand, I'm saying if a defender handballed it in the penalty area (not to stop a goal) he would have got a yellow card by the ref if he saw it and if he didn't nothing would have happened afterwise. This is the same thing with Henry but on the offensive side. He handballed it but he didn't score, he set up a goal which could have been stopped anyway if the defending was better. If the ref had seen it then it probably would have been a yellow and a free kick. If he scored with his hand and the ref saw it then it might have been worse but he didn't.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is when a defender handballs it in his own area to stop a pass then it's a penalty and a yellow card for the player if the ref sees it. If the ref doesn't see it then nothing really happens afterwards.

Yet when Henry handballs it in the other area to try and pass it to a player (which is the opposite side of the above), people want him banned and the game replayed. If the ref saw it, it would have been a yellow card and a free kick just like the situation above, so according to that then if the ref didn't see it then nothing should be done afterwards as nothing would have been done if it was the defending side.

That probably doesn't make sense but yeah.

So we're both arguing for the same side? We both don't think Henry should have been banned?

Geraint
22-11-2009, 05:32 PM
funny chant yesterday

after one of their players was tackled, he got up, realised the linesman had flagged then proceeded to walk 10 yards and fall down as if he'd been shot by a sniper in stands and started to roll over numerous times. up went the chant "thierry henry (cheat), thierry henry (cheat), thierry henry (cheat). i know he didn't handle it but was funny nonetheless.

CHA!NGANG
22-11-2009, 05:37 PM
So we're both arguing for the same side? We both don't think Henry should have been banned?

lol, yeah :D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!