PDA

View Full Version : Forum Updates - 22nd November

xxMATTGxx
22-11-2009, 05:21 PM
Hey everyone,

It has been about two weeks since the last updates but we are back this Sunday with some more changes. Today's forum updates include:

Clarification of rule A17
Deleted Announcement in: "Technology + The Web"
'READ BEFORE POSTING' thread in: "Show Off Your Website Here - Including Habbo Fansites."
Changes to: Automatic Banning System

xxMATTGxx
22-11-2009, 05:24 PM
We have decided to slightly change Rule A17 due to reasons but anyway.

BEFORE:

A17. Do not make more than one forum account - It is against the rules to create more than one forum account. The only exception to this rule is where your original account has been permanently banned.

NOW:

A17. Do not make more than one forum account - It is against the rules to create more than one forum account. This includes where a second account is made to avoid a caution or temporary ban. The only exception to this rule is where your original account has been permanently banned.

xxMATTGxx
22-11-2009, 05:27 PM
The rather old announcement "Habbox Web Design Competition" which was located in the: Technology + The Web forums has now been destroyed! (I mean deleted)

Thanks to Jordy for bringing this to my attention today with his issues regarding it! :P

xxMATTGxx
22-11-2009, 05:30 PM
We have decided to put a thread named "READ BEFORE POSTING" in 'Show Off Your Website Here - Including Habbo Fansites'. Due to people seem to have been posting threads regarding job openings on websites they either own or work on. There is a separate forum for these types of threads.

Thread Content:

Can I remind everyone that this forum is for advertising a website and NOT to advertise any job openings what so ever. If you wish to advertise job openings for example "HIRING FORUM MODERATORS" then please post your threads in this forum. (http://www.habboxforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=700)

Any threads that are advertising job openings will be moved to the other forum by Moderation Staff.

Thanks,

MattGarner
Forum ManagerLink to thread: http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=614961

Thanks to Jamesy for making me aware of this.

Nixt
22-11-2009, 05:34 PM
The duration of the automatic bans have been altered slightly -

Automatic Banning system currently looks like:

5th infraction = 7 Day Caution
6th infraction = 1 Day temporary ban
7th infraction = 2 Day temporary ban
8th infraction = 3 Day temporary ban
9th infraction = 4 Day temporary ban
10th infraction = Permanent Ban

Changed to:

5th infraction = 3 Day Caution
6th infraction = 2 Day temporary ban
7th infraction = 3 Day temporary ban
8th infraction = 4 Day temporary ban
9th infraction = 7 Day temporary ban
10th infraction = Permanent ban

The reason we have done this is to make the bans fairer and and more reflective of the severity of the number of rule breaks. Other than the initial caution, the other bans have been extended slightly so as to encourage members to stop breaking rules!

Thanks to invincible, for making this suggestion.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!