PDA

View Full Version : Motivation

PaulMacC
24-11-2009, 07:37 AM
I need some motivation for going to school, it's basically the same routine every day and it's really boring. I get up and feel like I really couldn't be arsed with this. I go to school and do work and it's the same thing anyday. I'm sure someone here has motivation techniques for school

Black_Apalachi
24-11-2009, 07:40 AM
What year are you in?

PaulMacC
24-11-2009, 07:54 AM
Year 12

Black_Apalachi
24-11-2009, 08:02 AM
You're doing A-levels?! I thought you were gonna say you were like year 8 or 9... how about education as motivation?

PaulMacC
24-11-2009, 08:19 AM
Yeah school is good and all but everything seems boring, so repetitive. I have no trouble with forcing myself to do the work but meh.

drama
24-11-2009, 10:36 AM
yeah I know what you mean, sometimes I just drift through lessons and at the end I look down and realise i've written no notes at all, the routines boring and you feel like your getting nothing out of it

so kind of in the same boat as you, trying to getbetter at it though as I don't want to waste 2 years at college

Black_Apalachi
24-11-2009, 10:55 AM
Maybe see if you can change a subject to something new that you haven't done before? Could make life more interesting :).

Callum.
24-11-2009, 11:08 AM
Maybe see if you can change a subject to something new that you haven't done before? Could make life more interesting :).

that would mean he's missed almost a term of work. doubt it can be done.

i have no motivation minus wanting to go to uni. so i get up in the morning, do all my work in my frees and as soon as I come home it's all my time. works better that way.

Starburst..x
24-11-2009, 05:40 PM
I understand how you feel, when I was halfway through year 12 my motivation dropped and I couldnt stand Sixth Form. Im not going to lie, year 13 wasn't any easier and was a lot harder than year 12 but what kept me going the fact that if I was to not put effort in for my A Levels I would either have to go all through it again or go in a direction (profession wise) that I would of been extremely unhappy with.
To cut a long story short, you've pretty much just got to grin and bare it, because trust me there was nothing better than when my A Level results came through and I had got to where I wanted to be, and free of A Levels :)

Alkaz
24-11-2009, 05:42 PM
Have more fun with your friends, I did now I dont want to LEAVE school.

LoveToStack
28-11-2009, 10:24 PM
The time I enjoy most is when I'm not at school and I can do what I want. However the only way I'll be able to put my feet up and spend my days doing what I want is by putting in the work now so that I can reap the benefits later. Simple as that for me anyway.

H0BJ0B
29-11-2009, 01:49 AM
Utilitarian ethics (and that of John Stuart Mill) state that the greatest reward is mental not physical. Would you prefer to go out one night for a party, not revise for the exam, and get an E in your exam? No. The best reward and motivation is knowing you'll be closer to a higher grade at the end, and can go on to utilise that grade. It's the mental rewards that bring about most happiness and pleasure. At least that's what motivated me.

Blinger1
29-11-2009, 02:06 AM
Just take it all as it comes, you don't need to stress just because you are in year 12, hell, i barely did homework during that year!!

Abbie.
29-11-2009, 02:48 AM
like me, i managed AS's all C's with no work, A2's are alot harder, bascially, do your best, or end up like me having to got to tech/college doing something you dont want to do, just do get to uni..

Blinger1
29-11-2009, 02:54 AM
like me, i managed AS's all C's with no work, A2's are alot harder, bascially, do your best, or end up like me having to got to tech/college doing something you dont want to do, just do get to uni..
Or don't go to uni at all and be something coool! ;)

Sunnily
29-11-2009, 10:09 AM
Think about what you have coming ahead of you in the near future! (Positive thoughts) Mentally being positive always helps the person :D

PaulMacC
29-11-2009, 01:06 PM
Just take it all as it comes, you don't need to stress just because you are in year 12, hell, i barely did homework during that year!!
So your saying your AS Levels are not important?
The Australia and UK Schooling Systems are different.
Year 12 here could be Year 9 there.

Hecktix
29-11-2009, 01:35 PM
So your saying your AS Levels are not important?
The Australia and UK Schooling Systems are different.
Year 12 here could be Year 9 there.

AS levels are quite an easy ride Paul, if you put your work in and get good grades, next year will be that little bit easier.

AS exams are just a bit easier than A2, but still worth the same amount towards your A level (50%), so if you get a good grade its a very good foundation for next year :)

Eight.
29-11-2009, 07:00 PM
I always have Mohammed Ali's Quote in my head "I hated every minute of training, but I said, "Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion."

Robbie
29-11-2009, 07:37 PM
You're on EMA aren't you? That motivates me because my college is really strict on it. You're allowed 3 periods off per year whilst still getting EMA (I've used all 3 already)

PaulMacC
29-11-2009, 08:16 PM
Yeah but I'm earning x3 as much playing Call of Duty each week :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!