PDA

View Full Version : Smoking

deltateamaplha
24-07-2005, 09:41 PM
Do you smoke?

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/5659/dontgiveupbannerx9do.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

What goes on inside a smoker?

22% of all male deaths and 11% of all female deaths are due to smoking. Giving up smoking can reduce the risk of developing many smoking related illnesses. Within 10-15 years of giving up, an ex-smokers' risk of developing lung cancer is only slightly greater than someone who has never smoked. No matter how scary these figures are some smokers just don't have the will power to stop.

What's in cigarette smoke?

Tobacco smoke contains over 4,000 chemicals, the vast majority of which are present either naturally in the tobacco and transfer into the smoke, or are formed when the tobacco is burnt.

The costs of smoking

The costs of smoking are high and could leave you with no money Click here (http://www.givingupsmoking.co.uk/essential_resources/Useful_tools/Cost_of_smoking_calculator/) and see how much you could save.

The effects on those around you

Smoking doesn't just affect you, but also your loved ones and other members of the puplic so try and not smoke around others if you do smoke.

HOW TO GIVE UP

Click here (http://www.givingupsmoking.co.uk/how_to_give_up/) for more information on how to give up!

What could smoking do to your lungs?.

http://tobacco.mededu.miami.edu/tobacco/studyPlan/slides/32-smokers%20vs%20nonsmokers%20lung.jpg

If you don't smoke please don't start it is not cool and it could badly damge your health.

For more help and advice call the Nhs smoking helpline on 0800 169 0 169 Calls are free from landlines.

Kitty-Gal
24-07-2005, 11:12 PM
Wow that's so true! Both my parents smoke I should make them read this :(

Rebecca
25-07-2005, 12:14 AM
ahmgads kitty ;) mwahahhaa

Pixel?
25-07-2005, 12:16 AM
Sick..........

Digital
25-07-2005, 12:24 AM
we done this at school its sick ={

Pixel?
25-07-2005, 12:25 AM
Disgusting innit, But if people wanna smoke its totaly there choice :P

*Sparks up a **** Jk :P

Pixel?
25-07-2005, 12:25 AM
Dam it Starred :(

Mentor
25-07-2005, 12:30 AM
smokeing seems pretty stupid form any point of view to me "/

Pixel?
25-07-2005, 12:45 AM
True u might as well just kill ur self n have done with it :p

deltateamaplha
28-07-2005, 11:08 AM
Dam they must have deleted this off the sub forum at least there is a copy of it here for them to put it back :)

Rou
28-07-2005, 11:28 PM
Errrrrrrrrr The Black Lung Yuckie

Wayne
28-07-2005, 11:45 PM
Nice information. :p

:Hazel
28-07-2005, 11:50 PM
I don't smoke. I don't see the attraction or how you can get addicted to something so gross.

Bef
28-07-2005, 11:55 PM
Hazel nobody wants to get addicted. Most people who smoke, started to look cool or they were curious then they got addicted. The body then craves nicotine like your body would crave food or drink.

Owen
01-08-2005, 08:19 AM
I'm sick at the sight off smoke so no chance for me to start :I
But nice info xD

Eamonn
01-08-2005, 10:52 AM
and it can make men impotent :o

Mr.Kylee
01-08-2005, 11:32 AM
and it can make men impotent :o
Lies! :D

^^
I used to smoke..but I don't anymore because I'm nicee.

Mishella
02-08-2005, 12:48 AM
Alot of my friends smoke. Well, they are not my friends anymore. I didn't want to hang around them. I tried to help them quit but they didn't want to listen so I left them.. Its quite sad actually.. =[

Dudeitsme
02-08-2005, 12:58 AM
Thats complete bull people dont always die by smokeing i smoke 3 packs a day and been smokeing for 3 years the docter says i got way more lung capacity and stamina then the average human people always bash smokeing as a bad thing you cant stop it theres just as much smokes then there are non which would make your thread pointless do you expect them to stop putting ciggerettes on the market because of your thread

RedStratocas
02-08-2005, 01:18 AM
Congradulations, you dont know how to make sentences instead of one long babble.

I dont think she is trying to put them out of buisness more than warn people about the dangers of smoking. And Im sorry, but if you smoke 3 packs of ciggarettes a day, it wont kill you any time soon, but eventually, it will. How do you even afford 3 packs a day? My god. I read this in health, that if you smoke a pack of ciggarettes a day for 1 year, thats enough money for a cruise for 4 people... 1 pack a day.

To ciggarettes, Id rather keep my health, lungs, money, teeth, lack of annoyance to others, and social skills. Thanks anyway.

Tommy
02-08-2005, 01:19 AM
Calm down my child, I believe you shouldnt label people bad because they smoke, yes it is bad for you. We all know that and im sure you do aswell dude. But it doesnt kill everyone, its not hard to give up, its like you giving up chocolate or something forever.

deltateamaplha
02-08-2005, 08:05 PM
Yeah it is hard giving up.

Owen
02-08-2005, 08:23 PM
To ciggarettes, Id rather keep my health, lungs, money, teeth, lack of annoyance to others, and social skills. Thanks anyway.

True.

Dudeitsme
02-08-2005, 11:25 PM
Congradulations, you dont know how to make sentences instead of one long babble.

I dont think she is trying to put them out of buisness more than warn people about the dangers of smoking. And Im sorry, but if you smoke 3 packs of ciggarettes a day, it wont kill you any time soon, but eventually, it will. How do you even afford 3 packs a day? My god. I read this in health, that if you smoke a pack of ciggarettes a day for 1 year, thats enough money for a cruise for 4 people... 1 pack a day.

Actually it want eventually kill you if you are athletic and i afford them cause i have the money
doesnt cost but 30 dollars a carton which contains 10,
and i can still afford the cruise and ciggerettes.

RedStratocas
03-08-2005, 02:57 AM
Actually it want eventually kill you if you are athletic and i afford them cause i have the money
doesnt cost but 30 dollars a carton which contains 10,
and i can still afford the cruise and ciggerettes.

Yes, It will kill you if you are athletic, if thats what you said in the first sentence. Thats like saying you wont ever get sick if you take a tylonal everyday, it doesnt work like that.
But even if you are athletic and it wont kill you, and if you have the money, why do it anyway?

Mohwar.
03-08-2005, 04:54 PM
my little cousing only 9 tryed smocking once i saw him i had to pick him up from school he was in a corner smocking wid some gangsta wanna be's

Absently
03-08-2005, 04:59 PM
My sister smokes and she can't stop if she ever smokes she leaves the room coz she don't wanna smoke around her son it really hard for her 2 stop shes tryed everything and their supposed 2 work but they just don't work shes stopping how much she used 2 smoke a day now she only smokes like 3 a day soon she won't b smoking whoo hoo

Eamonn
03-08-2005, 05:27 PM
Thats complete bull people dont always die by smokeing i smoke 3 packs a day and been smokeing for 3 years the docter says i got way more lung capacity and stamina then the average human people always bash smokeing as a bad thing you cant stop it theres just as much smokes then there are non which would make your thread pointless do you expect them to stop putting ciggerettes on the market because of your thread
Well it is'nt excacly good for you is it ? And you probly only do it to look cool people that smoke in this day of age or idiots and really dumb , i know my Mum smokes but she started back in the days when it was said as a good thing so thats understandable but to start now is just pathetic

And £15 pounds a day if you get 20 packs or £7.50 a day for 3 10 packs your just a twit its a waste of money and makes you look dumb and pathetic you low life

Vause
03-08-2005, 07:58 PM
i hate smoking , its horrible! :(

clarissUH.
03-08-2005, 08:19 PM
:o my boyfriend smokes so does my grndad (he smokes a pipe)
loads of mi friends do to.
they think i should smoke i sed no but they sed they r only 'social smokers'
watevah that is :) will i get da sme affect of second hand smoking then??? :(

RedStratocas
03-08-2005, 08:46 PM
:o my boyfriend smokes so does my grndad (he smokes a pipe)
loads of mi friends do to.
they think i should smoke i sed no but they sed they r only 'social smokers'
watevah that is :) will i get da sme affect of second hand smoking then??? :(

Believe it or not, secondhand smoke is more dangerous then if you are smoking it. Because when you are smoking it, the paper filters some of the bad chemicals, but when you get it straight from the smoke, it isnt filtered :( But it depends on how much you get on how unhealthy it is.

Mentor
03-08-2005, 08:48 PM
socal smoking i dont get, its about as anti socal as you can get, your litraly killing those around you, plus smokers stink... litraly

Pulchritudinous
03-08-2005, 09:05 PM
I don't really see the point in social smoking, I think you either smoke or you don't.

Jordan3
07-08-2005, 04:27 PM
I used to hate smokers, but I guess you cant hate them. I'll always be anti-cigarette though :)

clarissUH.
07-08-2005, 04:39 PM
RedStratocas:Believe it or not, secondhand smoke is more dangerous then if you are smoking it. Because when you are smoking it, the paper filters some of the bad chemicals, but when you get it straight from the smoke, it isnt filtered But it depends on how much you get on how unhealthy it is.

oh BOBBA! lol well ne1 have ideas on how to stop mi m8s n bf smoking cos its rele annoyin . oh n wen dey say 'social smokers' they mean like wen they r out wif m8s n stuff :s like social drinkers n all that rubbish

:-Mystical.Dave-
07-08-2005, 05:07 PM
I do not like smokers. Some of my cousins from Israel smoke which I don't like but everyone there does, and also my mom used to smoke, but she was careful to not get me or my sisters involved, like she would go outside and lock the door so we couldn't get outside and stuff like that. My dad's father died of a heart attack from smoking, so my dad never smoked, and I plan to never smoke as well :D

:Firefox
07-08-2005, 07:35 PM
Smokings baad, didnt realise that bad :O

Sony.Com
08-08-2005, 12:57 AM
I knew smoking was bad for you but ive never seen the casts of the lungs!

The lung of the smoker looks like sumthin out of a horror film!

0verRide
08-08-2005, 06:22 PM
after looking at that pic has made me definatly not smoke i didnt before im only 12 (baby i no :P) but if i ever did start im not gonna anymore

Zoltar
08-08-2005, 08:30 PM
Plain and simple, just dont do it!

Mined
08-08-2005, 08:32 PM
But there are a few minor good points of smoking.

10-08-2005, 01:18 AM
But there are a few minor good points of smoking.
What is good about it? It kills you :p

2D
10-08-2005, 06:02 AM
The pics are gross ewwww real specimen That is SICK N WRONG!

StripedTiger
10-08-2005, 11:02 AM
Very disturbing. specially the lung pictures. But gladly i quit :P
and since i quit my anger and stress has gone too so you can stick that on your post too.

0verRide
10-08-2005, 11:11 AM
Very disturbing. specially the lung pictures. But gladly i quit :P
and since i quit my anger and stress has gone too so you can stick that on your post too.

WELL DONE :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

deltateamaplha
12-08-2005, 02:47 PM
The pics are gross ewwww real specimen That is SICK N WRONG!
don't smoke that picture is ment to shock people.

13-08-2005, 05:01 AM
Smoking is stupid, and ignorant.

Emo
13-08-2005, 05:23 AM
Very disturbing, and informational. Thanks for that, Meyaz.

Adam$
15-08-2005, 01:33 PM
smoking shucks. you might aswell go into the newsagents and say 'I'd like to buy some death, please.'

Paralympics
15-08-2005, 03:48 PM
Thanks For That It Has Put Me Off Now.
I Don't Like Smoke All The Time, Only When I'm Depressed.
I Go Home, Listen To Coldplay, Get Drunk And Smoke!
I'll Try To Cut Out The Final Part :D

Ringz
15-08-2005, 05:00 PM
I'd never want to smoke, just kills you :eusa_wall

funkygirl
17-08-2005, 04:18 PM
Smoking is terrible. Im not going to smoke. I know that cus i wanna get far in life athletic wise. Young teenagers who smoke me feel sick.
Yet some people have been smoknig the whole of their lifes. They should put in the extra-effort to quit.

april
17-08-2005, 04:28 PM
I've smoked for 3 years, and I could still quit..

Mentor
17-08-2005, 06:33 PM
Believe it or not, secondhand smoke is more dangerous then if you are smoking it. Because when you are smoking it, the paper filters some of the bad chemicals, but when you get it straight from the smoke, it isnt filtered :( But it depends on how much you get on how unhealthy it is.
I would dissagree, on its own breaving the 2nd hand smoking is worce yes, but the smoker also has to breath so would be getting the negative effects of second hand smoke as well as the normal effects of smoking on top of each other making it worce "/

RedMaggot
18-08-2005, 09:00 PM
That's one of the things im a bit worried about going to a 2ed school, When i have been there in the past with my school i have seen girls year 8 to 11 smoking while walking to class outside

Ostinato
18-08-2005, 09:59 PM
Good thread :)

Good to see you are making some more kids aware to it, and maybe by you taking the time in researching and doing this thread, you have saved someones life... or at least extended it.. lol ;p

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!