PDA

View Full Version : Multi-Race society gone over the top?

Mint
01-12-2009, 08:16 PM
*Removed*

Closed by Jamesy (Forum Moderator): As the thread was both mildly racist and offensive.

GommeInc
01-12-2009, 08:21 PM
"I understand that we now have to live with them".

WHat you said there is a bit... Dodgy :P We've been living with different cultures for years, way into the Empire years too :/ So saying "now" suggests it's a recent thing, and I'm guessing you're not 100+ years old :P

But the general jist of what you said is a bit true, you could say too much effort goes into having a sense of equality in advents and TV programs, but on the plus side they're interesting and relevant, the mixture of different cultures in TV shows make them more interesting - gay, bi, indian, pakistani, asian (though strangely quite rare in soaps lately...) and so forth. Normal whitey tighty brits are boring :P

And do you hate the Pakistani postman because he's not English, because I better press the report button if you do :P The character isn't made out to be annoying, nor does he have any negative attributes to his character, so hating him for anything else other than his race seems a bit odd :/

-:Undertaker:-
01-12-2009, 08:27 PM
Political correctnesss gone made, quite frankly we are the laughing stock of the world. Oh and Ryan, i'd love to see you in some whitey tightys. ;)

Nemo
01-12-2009, 08:39 PM
If you're gonna talk about Britain as a whole, id suggest you think about Britain as a whole and not just where you live. Different cultures aren't exactly rare.

alexxxxx
01-12-2009, 08:51 PM
*Removed*

Sensing some slight prejudice in your post.

Caution
01-12-2009, 08:53 PM
That's exactly what I thought, but you're not allowed to say anything, it's pathetic. :rolleyes:
I see black/Indian people on tv all the time, I think there's about 7 or 8 non-white people out of 1k in my school. I just thought it's more common in certain parts.

alexxxxx
01-12-2009, 09:01 PM
That's exactly what I thought, but you're not allowed to say anything, it's pathetic. :rolleyes:
I see black/Indian people on tv all the time, I think there's about 7 or 8 non-white people out of 1k in my school. I just thought it's more common in certain parts.
well in my college it's at least 20% non-white.

01-12-2009, 09:04 PM
Sensing some slight prejudice in your post.

It's common knowledge that prisons do not reflect the population as outside, as they have higher populations of black/asian people than the outside. Why? - because we do not have any immigration controls so those who are basically scum gain entry to this country.

Smits
01-12-2009, 09:09 PM
It doesnt even matter. Those advertisements for DFS and so on have to appeal to everyone, to increase theyre sales. Believe it or not, some people get annoyed if all they see is white people on TV>

And no, it's not because we let 'scum' into the country. Yeh the laws on immigration could be tightened, but the fact is that ethnic groups tend to live in the poorer parts of towns and cities making them more prone to crime.

Ardemax
01-12-2009, 09:10 PM
when eid came there was like half my school still in

Mint
01-12-2009, 09:11 PM
Indians/pakistanis tend to live together in areas where you wouldn't see them unless you went there, then they obviously have to go to their local town for the shops/bank etc which is the only other time you might see them. Black people do seem to mix in a but more slightly in terms of where you live, like you are more likely to have a black person living on your street than having an indian/pakistani family on your street. Pakistanis are either non existent in an area or have taken over the area, they don't mix in with us and from what I have seen they don't want to either.

More on topic, when they have black people on TV I think that is to help us get use to living with them but when they have these massive indian/pakistani families I think that is purely so they don't feel left out and start complaining about it.

alexxxxx
01-12-2009, 09:12 PM
you lot should probably come up with some 'final solution' then

01-12-2009, 09:18 PM
It doesnt even matter. Those advertisements for DFS and so on have to appeal to everyone, to increase theyre sales. Believe it or not, some people get annoyed if all they see is white people on TV>

And no, it's not because we let 'scum' into the country. Yeh the laws on immigration could be tightened, but the fact is that ethnic groups tend to live in the poorer parts of towns and cities making them more prone to crime.

The fact is that scum gets in, from Europe, from Asia and from Africa. I'm sick of being all PC about it, yes we have criminals here - but we do not need more from the rest of the world.

you lot should probably come up with some 'final solution' then

Yet again a left winger suggests we are Nazis for suggesting that immigration should be controlled.

Nemo
01-12-2009, 09:20 PM
Indians/pakistanis tend to live together in areas where you wouldn't see them unless you went there, then they obviously have to go to their local town for the shops/bank etc which is the only other time you might see them. Black people do seem to mix in a but more slightly in terms of where you live, like you are more likely to have a black person living on your street than having an indian/pakistani family on your street. Pakistanis are either non existent in an area or have taken over the area, they don't mix in with us and from what I have seen they don't want to either.

More on topic, when they have black people on TV I think that is to help us get use to living with them but when they have these massive indian/pakistani families I think that is purely so they don't feel left out and start complaining about it.
Generalisations are most awesome.

Seatherny
01-12-2009, 10:36 PM
*Removed*

I find that highly racist as the area has a lot of white chavs. You see them sitting outside their houses smoking and drinking. My bus to university goes past Moss side everyday and many white chavs get on/off there so please don't say its just Black people. Yes there are many black chavs but you are most likely to get attacked by the white ones.
Get your facts right "/
-rep for mis-representing facts.

Tash.
01-12-2009, 10:39 PM
*Removed*

Um, the bits i've underlined are very very close to the mark. Your use of the words 'breed' and 'infested' sound alot like you're comparing these people to animals and not wanted ones at that. You may want to rethink what you've just wrote there.

On the actual topic, yes tv adverts/soaps/programs have been integrating minorities in, but this is to make them more applicable to everyone who might be watching. The TV adverts need to appeal to everyone who could buy the product they are selling, judging from what you've wrote you wouldnt buy a product advertised solely by a black person or an asian person, so i'm not sure why you'd expect someone who isnt white to buy a product advertised solely by white people. Thats double standards :S

I personally don't see whats wrong with trying to integrate minorities (ethnic or otherwise) into our tv programs. It helps to stamp out prejudices which people might have, though clearly it's had the opposite effect on you.

Yet again a left winger suggests we are Nazis for suggesting that immigration should be controlled.

I think he was suggesting that by the tone of quite a few of these posts it seems as though this is quite a racist topic. The OP isn't talking about immigration, he's talking about people who's family have probably been here just as long as his own acting in our tv programs, and why this is supposedly a bad thing. It's got nothing at all to do with his stance on immigration.

Seatherny
01-12-2009, 10:46 PM
On the actual topic, yes tv adverts/soaps/programs have been integrating minorities in, but this is to make them more applicable to everyone who might be watching. The TV adverts need to appeal to everyone who could buy the product they are selling, judging from what you've wrote you wouldnt buy a product advertised solely by a black person or an asian person, so :S

The OP obviously has no clue about business as a product needs to appeal to everyone (like DFS).
If you have other ethic groups in your country who buy your product, you will target them too.
Atleast the ethnic minority in this country don't abuse every white person here like when some whites go to India. Their behaviour is terrible. One white girl (I believe she was Australian ... but thats not the point), in the Taj Mahal was treating the poor so badly I wanted to go shout at her.

Just to add:
This forum's two owners are not White/British. The richest man of this country is Asian.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!