PDA

View Full Version : Worlds Population

kuzkasate
11-12-2009, 08:40 PM
I watched a programme a few days ago which was presented by David Attenborough about the population of the earth and that it was increasing rapidly and that its going out of control. He talked about having a law on how many children you have. So you cant have as many as you want, just as many as the law says. This is because we wont have enough resources & we wont be able to hold more people in unless we change things fast.

I think, we should just stop being greedy with our resources & if goverment are so bothered about the population rising, why allow teenage pregnancies? Why let elderly people give birth (some people give birth 60+)... surely little steps like that could help control the population.

What do you think?

Accipiter
11-12-2009, 09:08 PM
not many people give birth 60+

teen age pregancies can't be stopped either tbf, since our generations are so rebelious, but the china have the 1 child rule and it cut there population by 3/4 or something, still majourly over populated but its working so i would agree with it.

Black_Apalachi
11-12-2009, 10:03 PM
Sooner or later it will be neccessary but how the hell can it be possible? What happens when someone has an extra kid too many? :S Also we can make such laws in the UK, but there's no point unless the whole world will follow suit and the chances of every government in the world agreeing on something like that are nil. Sometimes I wonder how God nature allows things to get so out of hand.

Tash.
11-12-2009, 10:29 PM
I agree it'd be ideal if this could happen but honestly it's just not possible in a free country. It might work in China but you'll also find that people who end up with a child too many or a child that's the wrong gender often disown it, and that is not something you want happening. It's just not a feasible idea, like Sergio said it's useless unless every country agrees and that is never going to happen.

ifuseekamy
11-12-2009, 10:56 PM
Sometimes I wonder how God nature allows things to get so out of hand.
It doesn't, that's why there's things like AIDs, cancer and bird/swine flu.

kk.
11-12-2009, 11:01 PM
It'd be interesting to see how they actually try and control how many kids you can have. Especially when contraception can fail sometimes. They can't force you to miscarry, especially in the world we live in today. It's possible in china because of how their country works

Black_Apalachi
12-12-2009, 01:18 AM
It doesn't, that's why there's things like AIDs, cancer and bird/swine flu.

Lmao that's actually such a good point! Never thought about it that way before :).

Ardemax
12-12-2009, 02:44 PM
Serg, if you wanna bring religion into this mate, go ahead, but just don't take any quick snappy lines about it.

I think the world still has space left (well it does) and yes population is getting bigger but that means more factors like (as mentioned) flu and diseases and wars will be on the rise too.

So yeah, I'm not too sure we need to have the panic button on yet.

Accipiter
12-12-2009, 02:50 PM
Serg, if you wanna bring religion into this mate, go ahead, but just don't take any quick snappy lines about it.

I think the world still has space left (well it does) and yes population is getting bigger but that means more factors like (as mentioned) flu and diseases and wars will be on the rise too.

So yeah, I'm not too sure we need to have the panic button on yet.

if global warming was true, meaning we'd have less land then population grew, we'd be pretty much ******. But global warming is bound to kill a few million on its way.

Black_Apalachi
12-12-2009, 04:07 PM
I didn't take any "quick snappy lines", but why not? :S

Japan
12-12-2009, 04:27 PM
If every human being in the world was forced to stand together, the entire population would only take up as much space as Baghdad.
Also quite impossible to put into practise. Like sergio said, what if someone had one child too many? Would they be forced to kill it or put it up for adoption? Which then wouldn't be fair on the child and quite inhumane.

Accipiter
12-12-2009, 04:41 PM
If every human being in the world was forced to stand together, the entire population would only take up as much space as Baghdad.
Also quite impossible to put into practise. Like sergio said, what if someone had one child too many? Would they be forced to kill it or put it up for adoption? Which then wouldn't be fair on the child and quite inhumane.

I think in china they send them to grow in farms / rice paddies. but they would most probably issue a heavy fine as i think china also does the majority of the time.

James9519
13-12-2009, 05:15 PM
Kill china.

Problem solved.

-:Undertaker:-
13-12-2009, 05:26 PM
The government has no place in family life. The population will grow, and we will adapt. - simple.

Smits
13-12-2009, 05:28 PM
Although i am in favour of a rule on how many children you can have, it can never work because nobody will be able to stop people having more.

If the consequences are harsh like the child is taken into care, it will deter people, but its unfair on the child.

-:Undertaker:-
13-12-2009, 05:39 PM
Although i am in favour of a rule on how many children you can have, it can never work because nobody will be able to stop people having more.

If the consequences are harsh like the child is taken into care, it will deter people, but its unfair on the child.

Why should a government be able to control how many children you have? - it has no right to interfere in family life. If we wanted to lower the population of the United Kingdom, we would simply have to halt immigration as then we would have a net decrease (I think) which would lower the population, or at least keep it a lot smaller.

I'm against both, to compete in the future and stay as a world power we will need a big population.

Black_Apalachi
13-12-2009, 07:35 PM
Kill china.

Problem solved.

If John Higgins wins.
If Ding Junhui wins, we kill Scotland :).

Neversoft
16-12-2009, 01:06 AM
David Attenborough. What a legend.

Wig44.
16-12-2009, 06:37 PM
Does no one else know how awful China's one child policy was? Seriously, they will never manage it here because they won't be able to enforce it - and if they did enforce it they would be forced to go to extremes like China did (injecting poison into a fetus @ 8 months almost killing the mother) or killing excess children. There are several more problems, go look it up if you are serious.

Black_Apalachi
16-12-2009, 08:14 PM
Does no one else know how awful China's one child policy was? Seriously, they will never manage it here because they won't be able to enforce it - and if they did enforce it they would be forced to go to extremes like China did (injecting poison into a fetus @ 8 months almost killing the mother) or killing excess children. There are several more problems, go look it up if you are serious.

I didn't actually realise such a thing had been perused in any country before. Did they actually kill children which had been born?

ifuseekamy
17-12-2009, 12:58 AM
I didn't actually realise such a thing had been perused in any country before. Did they actually kill children which had been born?
Yes, it's China, they will have an "official" method of enforcing this law then an actual method as all politically extreme countries do.

Alkaz
17-12-2009, 12:59 AM
We need to bring back the death penalty, should help sort that out :)

Black_Apalachi
17-12-2009, 01:54 AM
We need to bring back the death penalty, should help sort that out :)

Kill all women who have three kids? lol :P

Charlottay!
17-12-2009, 10:29 PM
http://peterrussell.dreamhosters.com/Odds/WorldClock.php

great clock that shows approximations for birth/death rates and other things.

But yea things like the 1 child policy wont work in this country cause everyone will just riot.

Other factors will eventually sort out popularion i think. But i dont see why people/adults are having children in africa when they cant support them and are incredibly ill.

ItsDave
18-12-2009, 10:48 PM
The Governments have been planning something like a reduction in the amount of the population for years. They're putting stuff in all resources//food which is going to kill us off earlier than expected or are going to create new stronger flus to kill us off, and ACCIDENTALLY make a vaccine that will again accidentally cause some deaths and say it was error in its probation period. On one of the highest hilltops in Elbert County, Georgia stands a huge granite monument. Engraved in eight different languages on the four giant stones that support the common capstone are 10 Guides, or commandments. The commandments are as follows:
1. Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
2. Guide reproduction wisely - improving fitness and diversity.
3. Unite humanity with a living new language.
4. Rule passion - faith - tradition - and all things with tempered reason.
5. Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
6. Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
7. Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
8. Balance personal rights with social duties.
9. Prize truth - beauty - love - seeking harmony with the infinite.
10.Be not a cancer on the earth - Leave room for nature - Leave room for nature.

They will succeed in doing this. Imagine, the population is going out of control at 6.6 BILLION? Imagine reducing it to 500 million. You just watch and see this doesn't happen. Its going to be a very sad end for all of us.

Mentor
20-12-2009, 12:13 PM
get on with the whole colonising the moon, mars and other solar system buddies of ours and the population thing stops being an issue. There's plenty of unused space left in the universe.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!