PDA

View Full Version : Mid-week Football

Black_Apalachi
17-12-2009, 12:37 AM
Surprised there isn't already a thread?
Didn't think Chelsea played brilliantly and Portsmouth did a great job against them. Just goes to show their quality though I guess because they still win even when they don't play that well. In Birmingham's game when Robinson came up for the last minute corner, Joe Hart should have just booted it at the goal or at least the first player he threw it to should have :P. Well chuffed to see Heskey score in Villa's game lol. Happy for Torres as well, getting a goal in his 100th game and on a day like today. Btw yesterday at Old Trafford was the crowd singing Band Aid?? :D

StefanWolves
17-12-2009, 12:44 AM
Our game kicked up some controversy. Shows we have 2 players for each position that can do a job. United struggled in the first half vs our reserves.

Bun
17-12-2009, 08:35 AM
man city got raped by spurs lol.

Browney
17-12-2009, 09:15 AM
Btw yesterday at Old Trafford was the crowd singing Band Aid?? :D

They sing "Feed the Scousers, let them know its Christmas time."

Black_Apalachi
17-12-2009, 04:03 PM
Oh yeah of course lol :eusa_doh:. It's nice to know that it doesn't matter what position we are in, all the mancs will still be talking about us :).

Gaix
17-12-2009, 04:21 PM
Dissappointed that Norwich lost to southhampton in the st. Johnstons Paint.

StefanWolves
17-12-2009, 05:11 PM
This is just getting crazy now. Wolves' team, has been 'a hot topic' in Lyon ahead of the Champion League draw tomorrow (that's if you believe Sky Sports News). Talk about crazy, this is all thanks to SKY for blowing it out of all proportion. It's funny how they (The FA) don't moan when Arsenal field their reserves during THE WHOLE of the Carling Cup, it's funny how Arsene Wenger says ''Them fielding a weak team damages the image of our league internationally!!" or something along those lines - when really he's killed the Carling Cup as we know it single handily by fielding crap teams. Hypocritical idiot.

Although I will say this, If Wolves do not win vs. Burnley then McCarthy has some questions to answer.

Geraint
17-12-2009, 05:14 PM
This is just getting crazy now. Wolves' team, has been 'a hot topic' in Lyon ahead of the Champion League draw tomorrow. Talk about crazy, this is all thanks to SKY for blowing it out of all proportion. It's funny how they don't moan when Arsenal field their reserves during THE WHOLE of the Carling Cup, it's funny how Arsene Wenger says ''Them fielding a weak team damages the image of our league internationally!!" or summet, when really he's killed the Carling Cup as we know it single handily. Idiot.

Although I will say this, If Wolves do not win vs. Burnley then McCarthy has some questions to answer.

Mick McCarthy's head must have said to him "Right, we're going to Old Trafford. They've just lost to Villa, they're not the same team as last year and we've just beaten Spurs away, what team shall I field? Yes, the reserves, should do the trick"

I can understand the logic in doing it but bit strange seeing as you could have knicked a result. Bit different the Carling Cup though. He wants his kids to have experience, the Carling Cup is a **** competition and everyone rests players. Hardly to blame is he.

StefanWolves
17-12-2009, 05:19 PM
Mick McCarthy's head must have said to him "Right, we're going to Old Trafford. They've just lost to Villa, they're not the same team as last year and we've just beaten Spurs away, what team shall I field? Yes, the reserves, should do the trick"

I can understand the logic in doing it but bit strange seeing as you could have knicked a result. Bit different the Carling Cup though. He wants his kids to have experience, the Carling Cup is a **** competition and everyone rests players. Hardly to blame is he.
The Carling Cup (Worthington Cup), actually used to be very credible before he started putting his kids in to play. McCarthy new we probably wouldn't get the result at Old Trafford, even if we nicked a point it really wouldn't have been worth putting our first team through another huge game. The game against Spurs really did take it out of our team, just that Sky Sports don't bother to publicise this cause they're ****. Although I totally agree, if we don't beat Burnley then it would have all been for nothing.

At first, when I went to the pub to watch it (foreign channels ftw), I was hugely pissed off when I saw the team announced, but after thinking about it, it did actually make some sense, even though I was still a bit disappointed. My uncle went to the game last minute cause his friend dropped out, paid £60 in total for ticket + petrol last minute, how pissed off would you be? :P

Smits
17-12-2009, 06:27 PM
This is just getting crazy now. Wolves' team, has been 'a hot topic' in Lyon ahead of the Champion League draw tomorrow (that's if you believe Sky Sports News). Talk about crazy, this is all thanks to SKY for blowing it out of all proportion. It's funny how they (The FA) don't moan when Arsenal field their reserves during THE WHOLE of the Carling Cup, it's funny how Arsene Wenger says ''Them fielding a weak team damages the image of our league internationally!!" or something along those lines - when really he's killed the Carling Cup as we know it single handily by fielding crap teams. Hypocritical idiot.

The only reason he did it was because he knew the match against burnley is big and they had no chance with united. Got walked all over, so hardly shows they have 2 players for every postion.

We had a good game with arsenal last night, should of won in the end considering that fletchers goal was onside. That linemas was against him all game.

StefanWolves
17-12-2009, 06:41 PM
The only reason he did it was because he knew the match against burnley is big and they had no chance with united. Got walked all over, so hardly shows they have 2 players for every postion.

We had a good game with arsenal last night, should of won in the end considering that fletchers goal was onside. That linemas was against him all game.
Excuse me, did you watch the game? or were you at the Burnley game? which I HIGHLY doubt.

Yes, obviously its a bigger game cause its a more realistic win, and lol? do you EVER watch football? United lost at the weekend and have been playing ****e, and Wolves have been quite good of late and are high on confidence + I don't care what anyone says, they are no where near the team they were last year with Ronaldo and Tevez, Owen and Valencia simply don't compare with them.

As for your 'YOU GOT WALKED OVER!!!!! HARDLY SHWOS YOU HAVE 2 PLAYAS FOR EVERY POSITION!!!!!!!!!!!" - go watch the game, I was happy with the performance our RESERVES put up against a 90% full stength Manchester United side, we could have had TWO early goals, I suggest you go watch it, before blabbering **** like that around this forum.

Can't wait till we thrash Burnley on Sunday.

Enough said.

Browney
17-12-2009, 07:59 PM
Can't wait till we thrash Burnley on Sunday.

Enough said.

Burnley just drew with Arsenal, you just beat Tottenham. Both teams are in good enough form. Burnley are at least good enough to stop you being so cocky.

Bun
17-12-2009, 08:40 PM
it's different come the last games of the season when the big teams have CL games coming up though isn't it? :eusa_wall i have to say i fully accept and agree with what mcarthy done.

StefanWolves
17-12-2009, 10:03 PM
Burnley just drew with Arsenal, you just beat Tottenham. Both teams are in good enough form. Burnley are at least good enough to stop you being so cocky.
I don't regard myself as cocky, I regard you as a hypocrite though.

it's different come the last games of the season when the big teams have CL games coming up though isn't it? :eusa_wall i have to say i fully accept and agree with what mcarthy done.
Thanks, at least someone else see's it how I do. :)

Arron
17-12-2009, 10:08 PM
Our game kicked up some controversy. Shows we have 2 players for each position that can do a job. United struggled in the first half vs our reserves.

i dont see why mick mccarthy is being so criticized. to be fair, I dont think wolves were ever going to win this fixture at old trafford so why is the media (and who ever else) disrespecting his choice to put his second team out on the pitch? personally i think it was a great idea, like many managers do, to see which player from the starting 11 deserve a first team place. i know many managers (top flight) use second choice teams for the carling cup and such, but imo wolves are a team to me who'd want to progress as far as possible in the tournaments so they'll put their best team out.

but yeah. i was surprised when no one created a thread for mid-week football.

t'was a good week, but i dont really like week games, much prefer them to be played over the weekend.

Burnley eh? i think they're doing great at home. beat us 1-0 earlier on in the season and got some pretty good results.

StefanWolves
17-12-2009, 10:16 PM
They're in some patchy form of late, they can't stay up by winning two of every five games at home. :/

Their away form is appalling.

Grainger@CUFC
17-12-2009, 10:16 PM
Beat Bradford 3-0 on Tuesday night, setting up the Norther Section final with Leeds, which I can't see us winning. If we'd have played them at this stage, we might have had a chance, but over two legs, I seriously doubt it.

On Mick McCarthy's team choice, he should be allowed to play whatever team he wants. Will Everton be repremanded over their team selection in the Europa League tonight? Probable hypocrisy as always :rolleyes:

StefanWolves
17-12-2009, 10:17 PM
Exactly, didn't Everton but their second team out today? and a 16 year old our left back?

Pah, wonder why Sky Sports News aren't on their tales, idiots.

Grainger@CUFC
17-12-2009, 10:21 PM
Exactly, didn't Everton but their second team out today? and a 16 year old our left back?

Pah, wonder why Sky Sports News aren't on their tales, idiots.

Yeah, I think there was only Hibbert, Osman, Yakubu and Rodwell that were definitely recognised first team players in the starting eleven, which was about 8/9 changes, so I believe. Ridiculous how the same situation can be seen in a different light by the media, when it's basically for the same reason.

StefanWolves
17-12-2009, 10:25 PM
Its cause were little old Wolves. Simple.

Smits
17-12-2009, 10:29 PM
Yes, obviously its a bigger game cause its a more realistic win, and lol? do you EVER watch football?

Sorry, you basiacally agreed with what i said here and then decided to throw that last bit in, which i can easily see applies more to you judging by what your saying.

Excuse me, did you watch the game? or were you at the Burnley game? which I HIGHLY doubt.

They played on different days, and i watched both, you might of got a couple of chances, but you didn't score and lost 4-0 and i wasn't really impressed with any of the play. Reserves or not, it was poor, if it was such a good performance, the media wouldnt be making such a big deal about changing the team.

As for your 'YOU GOT WALKED OVER!!!!! HARDLY SHWOS YOU HAVE 2 PLAYAS FOR EVERY POSITION!!!!!!!!!!!" - go watch the game

I already have and can still see you don't have 2 teams which can get good results.

You really need to stop watching all these live streams, looks like theyre messing up your views on the game a little bit.

Browney
17-12-2009, 10:33 PM
Hypocrit? Mind clearing that up?

StefanWolves
17-12-2009, 10:40 PM
Sorry, you basiacally agreed with what i said here and then decided to throw that last bit in, which i can easily see applies more to you judging by what your saying.
That makes no sense whatsoever.

They played on different days, and i watched both, you might of got a couple of chances, but you didn't score and lost 4-0 and i wasn't really impressed with any of the play. Reserves or not, it was poor, if it was such a good performance, the media wouldnt be making such a big deal about changing the team.4-0? explains it all. Come back again. Shame on you, shame shame shame.
I suggest you really go and watch it, and if you actually watched some news then you would find pundits saying we played pretty well seeing as though it was our second team.

I already have and can still see you don't have 2 teams which can get good results.A reserve side vs. near enough Manchester United full side bar three players, most were expecting us to get thrashed 9-0, another Wigan if you will - but no. You do the math, it isn't that hard.

You really need to stop watching all these live streams, looks like theyre messing up your views on the game a little bit.Live streams? I'll show you a picture of my season ticket if you want. Btw I don't watch dodgy internet streams (unlike you may I add), my dads into his Satellites/Satellite receiver, and he sorted our local out with a dish to receive foreign channels so we can get 9/10 Wolves games. If I don't go away games then I can just go in their and whatnot, because I can.

Anything else to say? because I'd happily carry on. :)

By the way, it was 3-0.

Black_Apalachi
18-12-2009, 02:18 AM
i dont see why mick mccarthy is being so criticized. ...

Well Benitez won a game, but people always want some manager to flame about something don't they so I guess old Mick is a pretty attractive target :rolleyes:. I don't like it though, he's one of my favourite managers.

Soy
18-12-2009, 10:23 AM
you didnt say about tottenham you p***

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!