PDA

View Full Version : schumacher is back

alexxxxx
23-12-2009, 12:02 AM
racing for mercedes (what was brawn)

we're in for a good season i think!

Hecktix
23-12-2009, 12:04 AM
This hasn't been officially confirmed yet by Schumacher or Mercedes...

Smits
23-12-2009, 12:04 AM
Well hopefully he will return, he should do well racing for them. Hopefully you're right in saying we're in for a good season.

Meree.
23-12-2009, 12:05 AM
Woo, glad hes back :P

alexxxxx
23-12-2009, 12:09 AM
This hasn't been officially confirmed yet by Schumacher or Mercedes...

yeah but it's been widely speculated on and a German newspaper has published it plus the BBC.

Hecktix
23-12-2009, 12:13 AM
They've published he's probably coming back.

They've also published his suspected wage, which just points towards media hype to me.

Remember you can never be sure with Schumacher, it was confirmed he'd replace Massa but it never happened :P

alexxxxx
23-12-2009, 12:25 AM
They've published he's probably coming back.

They've also published his suspected wage, which just points towards media hype to me.

Remember you can never be sure with Schumacher, it was confirmed he'd replace Massa but it never happened :P

true but that was because of an injury he had. that was the only thing stopping him. i don't know what he's done to make this injury go away.

Hecktix
23-12-2009, 12:28 AM
true but that was because of an injury he had. that was the only thing stopping him. i don't know what he's done to make this injury go away.

He also only made that decision after testing the F1 car.

So I won't believe he's back until a few races into the season :P

alexxxxx
23-12-2009, 12:31 AM
He also only made that decision after testing the F1 car.

So I won't believe he's back until a few races into the season :P

he's got plenty of time before the new season though this time

plus that was your 3333'rd post.

Hecktix
23-12-2009, 12:45 AM
he's got plenty of time before the new season though this time

plus that was your 3333'rd post.

o. wow :D

yeah.

I saw video footage of the accident he had on the motorbike that caused the injury and being a bike fan I fail to see how the long-lasting injury was caused because I've seen crashes like it multiple times and never heard of such an injury... :P And he should have a stronger neck than the majority of bike racers.

ooh it looks like you were right it has been confirmed, what a weird time to confirm it

http://www.motorsport.co.uk/news/michael_schumacher_signs_oneyear_deal_with_mercede s_to_return_to_formula_one_rss290345.shtml

Nothing on any other accredited sites apart from that and the BBC.

But I still back the believe it when I see it :P

Black_Apalachi
23-12-2009, 01:54 AM
He'll just be frustrated with the car like Hamilton was. I thought he was like a proper patriot of Ferrari anyway lol.

alexxxxx
23-12-2009, 10:52 AM
confirmed by the man himself:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8427552.stm

StefanWolves
23-12-2009, 12:15 PM
It has been confirmed, he is coming back. He should have stayed in retirement. That fact is, his team will not be competitive, he will not be competitive as he is too old, and he will not be able to keep up with the McLaren drivers of Button & Hamilton.

N!ck
23-12-2009, 01:05 PM
It has been confirmed, he is coming back. He should have stayed in retirement. That fact is, his team will not be competitive, he will not be competitive as he is too old, and he will not be able to keep up with the McLaren drivers of Button & Hamilton.

I wouldn't put any money on that opinion if I were you ;).

Schumacher and Ross Brawn are an excellent combination along with the firm foundations of the car from last year. Plus Michael is a beast of a driver.

This is shaping up to be an awesome season :).

syko2006
23-12-2009, 01:12 PM
Welcome back Michael Schumacher!
Let's hope you make it to a race this time! :D

iAdam
23-12-2009, 01:56 PM
I'm not saying anything till I see the times he's laying down, it's a complete mystery tbh, relatively new car, old driver, new regulations since his last GP.

Seatherny
23-12-2009, 02:26 PM
Who did he race for before?

alexxxxx
23-12-2009, 02:28 PM
Who did he race for before?

ferrari obv!

Seatherny
23-12-2009, 02:34 PM
ferrari obv!

Thought so, but just wanted to check :) How come he didn't return for them instead?

iAdam
23-12-2009, 03:08 PM
No one knows yet.

I'd imagine because ferrari didn't want someone who wont be in the sport for long.

Titch
23-12-2009, 09:57 PM
The only reason he returned was becuase of ross brawn tie up to answer question above ^^^

Hecktix
23-12-2009, 09:58 PM
The only reason he returned was becuase of ross brawn tie up to answer question above ^^^

and the fact that it's now a potentially competetive german team, and the fact he's rumoured to be earning £20m which is 4x more than ferrari were paying him as an advisor.

Black_Apalachi
23-12-2009, 10:03 PM
I'm not saying anything till I see the times he's laying down, it's a complete mystery tbh, relatively new car, old driver, new regulations since his last GP.

...such as the no contact rule :lol:.

Titch
23-12-2009, 10:23 PM
and the fact that it's now a potentially competetive german team, and the fact he's rumoured to be earning £20m which is 4x more than ferrari were paying him as an advisor.

Hes earning 6.2mill (Released in press confrience today, will find link tomorrow morning, tired and wanna go bed atm) However this is not including sponership money, which would bring it to around 24.7m (Lucky git)

He also stated the only reason that made him return to F1 was the Sch/Ross brawn tie-up (its in the bbc interview on bbc sport). Ovouisly the fact its all german and mercadies must of come into play though.

Its nice to see him returning, and it will be time for our all british team to kick the arses of the all german team!

StefanWolves
23-12-2009, 10:24 PM
McLaren vs Mercaedes. Cannot wait.

iAdam
23-12-2009, 10:26 PM
...such as the no contact rule :lol:.

Good point, two british championship contenders yano :P

Jordy
23-12-2009, 10:30 PM
The real reason he didn't go to Ferrari is that Ferrari didn't want him, they're perfectly happy with Massa & Alonso, they simply don't need him.

Looks a good setup for next year, Red Bull, Ferrari, McLaren and Mercedes all with decent line-ups.

Edit: It's just occurred to me all of Britain are resting their hopes on McLaren, if they have a bad car then that's both British drivers out of it. Atleast last year when the McLaren wasn't on form, Brawn was. And when Brawn wasn't, McLaren was.

StefanWolves
23-12-2009, 10:35 PM
They may be a couple of drivers for smaller teams representing Britain? have ALL teams been announced as yet or not?

Black_Apalachi
23-12-2009, 10:40 PM
Good point, two british championship contenders yano :P

Do you think they'd go that far though? They are supposed to be team mates after all :(.

Titch
24-12-2009, 09:35 AM
The real reason he didn't go to Ferrari is that Ferrari didn't want him, they're perfectly happy with Massa & Alonso, they simply don't need him.

Looks a good setup for next year, Red Bull, Ferrari, McLaren and Mercedes all with decent line-ups.

Edit: It's just occurred to me all of Britain are resting their hopes on McLaren, if they have a bad car then that's both British drivers out of it. Atleast last year when the McLaren wasn't on form, Brawn was. And when Brawn wasn't, McLaren was.

Your actually incorrect, ferrai spent over 5m in legal fees trying to get permission to have a 3rd car to be able to run schumacher, the reason he didnt go to them is becuase he didnt want to. Ferrai offered him a contract before alonso and he refused. Ross brawn rings him up and he agrees a contract deal that day, the fact is, they are the most formidble pairing in the world of f1, they won 7 world drivers titles togeather over 2 teams and 9 Constructors championships togeather over 2 teams again.

Going to be a good year.

Ardemax
24-12-2009, 02:39 PM
yey "the stig" is finally back up

should be interesting to watch him :D

iAdam
24-12-2009, 04:15 PM
Do you think they'd go that far though? They are supposed to be team mates after all :(.

I meant Schumacher "Accidently" driving into them.

CJW93
24-12-2009, 07:11 PM
Glad to see him back, hopefully he does well. But not as well as Hamilton :P

Jahova
24-12-2009, 07:24 PM
Yes! Can't wait to see the legend back!

Jordy
24-12-2009, 08:14 PM
Your actually incorrect, ferrai spent over 5m in legal fees trying to get permission to have a 3rd car to be able to run schumacher, the reason he didnt go to them is becuase he didnt want to. Ferrai offered him a contract before alonso and he refused. Ross brawn rings him up and he agrees a contract deal that day, the fact is, they are the most formidble pairing in the world of f1, they won 7 world drivers titles togeather over 2 teams and 9 Constructors championships togeather over 2 teams again.

Going to be a good year.You are right about the third driver however Alonso was signed to Ferrari in mid-2008, it was then announced mid-2009, before the Massa incident which sparked the Schumacher return. Beforehand Schumacher had never thought about returning to Formula 1 and after testing he realised he had still "got it", hence why he showed interest and returned to Formula 1. Ferrari already had both their drivers.

Brawn then had more money available since being taken over by Mercedes and were desperate for a decent driver, with Brawn running the team and Schumacher wanting to return to Formula 1 it made it all possible.

Titch
24-12-2009, 09:35 PM
You are right about the third driver however Alonso was signed to Ferrari in mid-2008, it was then announced mid-2009, before the Massa incident which sparked the Schumacher return. Beforehand Schumacher had never thought about returning to Formula 1 and after testing he realised he had still "got it", hence why he showed interest and returned to Formula 1. Ferrari already had both their drivers.

Brawn then had more money available since being taken over by Mercedes and were desperate for a decent driver, with Brawn running the team and Schumacher wanting to return to Formula 1 it made it all possible.

Actually alonso only signed a conditional contract in 08 which allowed ferrai to not even offer him a full contract if they felt they didnt want him for whatever reason, he didnt sign full contract untill may this year. ;)

(not trying to start a fight here before any1 acusing me i am just f1 crazy and like to have everythink correct)

and yes you are correct about the bottom bit, buts its better he being at a all german team, be more fun ;)

Rock
24-12-2009, 10:38 PM
Quite disappointed Kimi ended his F1 career but looking forward to next season. I'll be cheering 'Nano and Felipe all the way.

On the topic I was quite shocked but its great for the sport.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!