PDA

View Full Version : Revision

Robbie
02-01-2010, 11:02 PM
When/if you revise, what do you find easiest/best? Doing bits at a time or cramming

I usually just cram the day/night before the exam tbh

Immenseman
02-01-2010, 11:04 PM
cram also, i find the best technique is doing past exam questions too :8

chantellehugs
02-01-2010, 11:12 PM
I never revise bit by bit, because I always end up forgetting so I usually cram it all in, a few nights before and I find that just randomly writing down what you're meant to remember on a piece of paper helps.

Tash.
02-01-2010, 11:22 PM
With my GCSE's I crammed, major style because there was so many subjects to do in such a shot amount of time. But with my A-Levels I did actually plan ahead and made notes for each section of each subject, then crammed with the notes the few nights before the exam.

Blue
02-01-2010, 11:22 PM
I never revise bit by bit, because I always end up forgetting so I usually cram it all in, a few nights before and I find that just randomly writing down what you're meant to remember on a piece of paper helps.

same (scarily D:)

Pix
02-01-2010, 11:48 PM
I always cram it all in but make sure you don't over cram it aswell. Take like an 20 minute break every hour and overwriting the stuff you've been through helps you remember it alot :)

Immenseman
03-01-2010, 12:23 AM
I never followed what you're supposed to do and my grades are kk. I revise a few days before and just read and make notes. No point taking breaks, just get it all in. Take book away, read notes, memorise them. Mind maps help me too.

leah
03-01-2010, 12:26 AM
I normally do it like the 2 weeks before, I need to sort out when my first exams are and revise from there really. i've been slack this christmas :(

Immenseman
03-01-2010, 12:28 AM
sameeee, finally started properly today though. done 2 essays. flicked through another essay. retakes suck because you haven't learnt the stuff for a year

Geraint
03-01-2010, 12:35 AM
just revise 2/3 days before the exam. like an hour or so each night. go to after-school revision classes and past papers which massively help.

Kyle
03-01-2010, 01:18 AM
Best technique is to give yourself as little time as possible to revise so that your memory is forced to cram everything in. If you try remembering it over time, some things might be displaced or just decay from long term memory.

Bevvie
03-01-2010, 09:08 PM
Revise it all then do loads of exam past papers. Usually i revise two weeks before my exams but thats when i have time.

danzooo
04-01-2010, 07:13 PM
Different methods work for different people, and personally, cramming it all in during the last few weeks doesn't work for me, but planning ahead and revising for at least an hour every night (apart from friday and saturday) works for me. Doing past exam questions and answering questions/taking notes from textbooks works for me. I usually jot down stuff I'm likely to forget onto a piece of paper and read that on the bus there and in the hall minutes before the exam starts.

Inseriousity.
04-01-2010, 07:41 PM
I walk to school and the hour's walk is great revision time. Just thinking of sociologists/keywords brings all the topic back. Today was:

collective conscience - shared norms and values - functionalist - durkheim - function of religion - tribes - When we worship society, we worship God. So yeah two words brought all of that flooding back, that's what works for me. :)

Black_Apalachi
04-01-2010, 08:35 PM
I don't know how to revise tbh, nothing ever works really. Had an exam today without revising and it was a piece of piss :P. If I revise for future exams, it'll probably be on the 1 hour and a bit train journey on the way in.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!