PDA

View Full Version : lol reading n liverpool

Bun
13-01-2010, 09:57 PM
liverpool got 20 mins of ET to score or they're out bladddddd

Immenseman
13-01-2010, 10:00 PM
COME ON READING HAHA. that penalty was so cool, both meanings of the word. did you hear the commentator earlier? when he was talking about there was a poll on the scousers website asking if they'd rather win the europa league or FA cup, FA cup won by a clear margin, not gna happen at this rate.

i hope to god they can knock lpool out

Browney
13-01-2010, 10:02 PM
READING ARE BEASTS!

Geraint
13-01-2010, 10:02 PM
if only reading had fans there to see it.

Immenseman
13-01-2010, 10:03 PM
still outsinging liverpool fans

Andys
13-01-2010, 10:22 PM
get in!

Bun
13-01-2010, 10:22 PM
oh dear :(

Immenseman
13-01-2010, 10:23 PM
it'd be ok if they were still in the CL or PL contention

Geraint
13-01-2010, 10:24 PM
thoroughly deserved.

Smits
13-01-2010, 10:27 PM
if only reading had fans there to see it.

800 isnt bad considering location, weather and time.

Mexel
13-01-2010, 10:33 PM
Liverpools season is now fighting for the top 4.

Charlottay!
13-01-2010, 10:34 PM
LOL well done reading.
FA cup is havin some interestin results this year.
Stoke got arsenal at home on saturday. shud be very interestin

StefanWolves
13-01-2010, 10:38 PM
Liverpool got owned.

Jordie
13-01-2010, 10:38 PM
Fair play Reading. It wasnt beyond you. Lpool are a poor side who rely on two players and when they are unable to help they look nothing but a mid table Premiership club. To many average players like Insua,Ngog,Lucas who by the way is so poor i reckon he'd struggle to get in any other prem clubs team.

Tash.
13-01-2010, 10:49 PM
Fair play Reading. It wasnt beyond you. Lpool are a poor side who rely on two players and when they are unable to help they look nothing but a mid table Premiership club. To many average players like Insua,Ngog,Lucas who by the way is so poor i reckon he'd struggle to get in any other prem clubs team.

Reading played very well, as a Liverpool fan I wouldn't take a single thing away from them. Ngog is not an average player, he's a young player who is still learning so to judge him right now is harsh. Insua again is young (20) and has played more often yes, but again lacks maturity. As for Lucas its impossible to comprehend how much he's come on since Alonso left. He's being molded in the form of Masch and although he's nowhere near that class he does the job relatively well.. I wouldn't say there is anything wrong with the 3 players you picked out. Infact I wouldn't necessarily say there's anything wrong with any single one of our players on their own merits, it's just that right now the team is not playing to it's high levels and it's evidently very noticable.

And a final note: i'm gutted. I foresaw something happening in the 90+ minute and it did, so I can't say i'm shocked. Story of the season tbh.

Arron
13-01-2010, 11:00 PM
that penalty was so cool, at what was at stake.. either crash out of the cup or go into extra time.

what a run by that guy as well for Reading, shame he just didn't 'dink' it over the goalkeeper.

Benayoun? 1v1 i expected him to scoree.

Black_Apalachi
13-01-2010, 11:36 PM
Why do ITV's commentators reckon diving is OK as long as it's at the end of a match and you're desperate? :S Phil Dowd is as consistent as the weather btw.

leah
13-01-2010, 11:39 PM
lmao my mum is so annoyed :O shes a liverpool fan

Tash.
13-01-2010, 11:43 PM
Why do ITV's commentators reckon diving is OK as long as it's at the end of a match and you're desperate? :S Phil Dowd is as consistent as the weather btw.

Exactly, books Degen for doing it (fair enough more obviously) and then allows this abomination to happen. Unbelievable. You couldn't make it up though could you, in almost every cup game we've played and lost we've lost it in the dying minutes.

And if I ever see anybody posting that the big clubs always get extra time to help them, or that penalties are given to help them i'm afraid I am going to have to strangle them.

Immenseman
13-01-2010, 11:54 PM
Liverpool fans? Diving? N'gog?

Geraint
14-01-2010, 12:13 AM
awww poor liverpool fans moaning about diving at the end matches. gerrard, onto a blade of grass 1mm longer than the rest and bang falls over at the kop. penalty.

Black_Apalachi
14-01-2010, 01:06 AM
C O N S I S T E N C Y .

I'm not moaning exclusively about the penalty. The point is, he booked Degen for a lesser dive, then gives that penalty before turning a blind eye to a GENUINE penalty claim when Aquilani was pretty much twatted in the face.

I wouldn't care about him giving the penalty if he was consistent about it, rather than picking and choosing when he feels like giving one. Funniest bit was when he booked degen; 'not on my watch' HAHAH WHAT A ******!!!! :lol:

Geraint
14-01-2010, 01:08 AM
Aquilani is another typical diving Italian. Suppose Gunnarsson handled too then?

Jack.Lfc
14-01-2010, 01:15 AM
We where ****e, didnt deserve to win, didnt deserve the reply.

/close thread.

Browney
14-01-2010, 07:20 AM
C O N S I S T E N C Y .

I'm not moaning exclusively about the penalty. The point is, he booked Degen for a lesser dive, then gives that penalty before turning a blind eye to a GENUINE penalty claim when Aquilani was pretty much twatted in the face.

I wouldn't care about him giving the penalty if he was consistent about it, rather than picking and choosing when he feels like giving one. Funniest bit was when he booked degen; 'not on my watch' HAHAH WHAT A ******!!!! :lol:

You're right. Aquilani was owned. Should have been a spot-kick, no doubt.

::Art::
14-01-2010, 08:20 AM
Mon the royals! Shane long is a here!

Bun
14-01-2010, 08:39 AM
when i was watching it live and saw long go down i was like lol no chance but, to be fair it was a penalty. he poked the bag of his heel with some velocity.

but yeh liverpool ain't got a leg to stand on regarding diving.

Dragorn
14-01-2010, 08:54 AM
About time, no Man u now, and no Liverpool. Reading totally deserved the win and the replay, hopefully they should get a confindence boost in the championship now. Liverpool always dive, so why cant other teams?

Black_Apalachi
14-01-2010, 11:06 AM
I don't know how you can single out Liverpool as if they're the worst in the prem for diving. In the past few seasons, all I've seen every weekend is the likes of Drogba at Chelsea and Ronaldo at Man U diving every time they see the penalty area. Liverpool are no way the worst and besides, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Immenseman
14-01-2010, 11:08 AM
then don't moan about reading. i'd say liverpool are one or if not the worst for diving because it's not just 1/2 players like other teams but numerous

Black_Apalachi
14-01-2010, 11:24 AM
I wasn't, I was moaning about the inconsistency of the referee. Whaaaaaat?! Who is there, Gerrard, Torres and Ngog once? It's not like they do it every week, which is pretty much what Drogba and Ronaldo were doing.

Jordie
14-01-2010, 01:36 PM
Reading played very well, as a Liverpool fan I wouldn't take a single thing away from them. Ngog is not an average player, he's a young player who is still learning so to judge him right now is harsh. Insua again is young (20) and has played more often yes, but again lacks maturity. As for Lucas its impossible to comprehend how much he's come on since Alonso left. He's being molded in the form of Masch and although he's nowhere near that class he does the job relatively well.. I wouldn't say there is anything wrong with the 3 players you picked out. Infact I wouldn't necessarily say there's anything wrong with any single one of our players on their own merits, it's just that right now the team is not playing to it's high levels and it's evidently very noticable.

And a final note: i'm gutted. I foresaw something happening in the 90+ minute and it did, so I can't say i'm shocked. Story of the season tbh.

The reason they aren't playing well is because of the points i stated. To many average footballers knocking around at a club like Liverpool. Most would agree Lucas is an extremely poor player and not worthy of playing in the centre of the midfield for a club like Liverpool. How you can say hes doing a relatively good job is beyond me. You've lost 12 games this season I'd say he is one of the major reasons why you're having such a poor season.

Jack.Lfc
14-01-2010, 01:48 PM
This is the first season i have had with nothing to luck forward to with benitez, last year the league etc.. thats why im willing to give him another chance.

Once again Lucas being made a example of, when really Gerrard has been worse than him this season oh and that clown kuyt.

Goraz
14-01-2010, 02:43 PM
i would laugh but then i member we lost to leeds.

Tash.
16-01-2010, 08:33 PM
The reason they aren't playing well is because of the points i stated. To many average footballers knocking around at a club like Liverpool. Most would agree Lucas is an extremely poor player and not worthy of playing in the centre of the midfield for a club like Liverpool. How you can say hes doing a relatively good job is beyond me. You've lost 12 games this season I'd say he is one of the major reasons why you're having such a poor season.

Having watched or listened to almost every match we've played this season, I can categorically say that Lucas has not been the worst player on that pitch for Liverpool every game. He has done the job he is out there to do with relative success and he is improving. Infact the other night I thought he was one of our best players (what that says about how our other players were doing is besides the point) he has put in some right shifts for that team. He isn't that technically gifted but like I said he tries his hardest and considering that whenever I saw his name picked last season I died inside, and this season he doesn't bother me at all, that must signify some sort of improvement. Last season he deserved the stick he got, but this one in the absence of Alonso he has needed to step up, and as a holding midfielder he has.

Immenseman
16-01-2010, 09:11 PM
that's why it's hard for lucas because he's compared with alonso. alonso was one of your best players and although i wouldn't say he's an amazing player or everything he held the team together and complimented those around him. like when england were doing rly well with heskey and rooney, heskey isn't great but he compliments rooney and makes the team perform better.

liverpool miss alonso and that aqualani (no idea how to spell) isn't going to make things any better either

Black_Apalachi
19-01-2010, 08:19 PM
Having watched or listened to almost every match we've played this season, I can categorically say that Lucas has not been the worst player on that pitch for Liverpool every game. He has done the job he is out there to do with relative success and he is improving. Infact the other night I thought he was one of our best players (what that says about how our other players were doing is besides the point) he has put in some right shifts for that team. He isn't that technically gifted but like I said he tries his hardest and considering that whenever I saw his name picked last season I died inside, and this season he doesn't bother me at all, that must signify some sort of improvement. Last season he deserved the stick he got, but this one in the absence of Alonso he has needed to step up, and as a holding midfielder he has.

that's why it's hard for lucas because he's compared with alonso. alonso was one of your best players and although i wouldn't say he's an amazing player or everything he held the team together and complimented those around him. like when england were doing rly well with heskey and rooney, heskey isn't great but he compliments rooney and makes the team perform better.

liverpool miss alonso and that aqualani (no idea how to spell) isn't going to make things any better either

Agree with both of these. Lucas does show signs of improvement now and again, it's just the consistently that is the worry. But he's not that old yet so he could easily improve substantially.

And I miss Alonso :(.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!