PDA

View Full Version : Drink driving

Eoin
14-01-2010, 05:40 PM
How much can you drink and still be under the limit?
a bottle of beer?
a pint?
two pints?

i know theres probably goin to be factors like your size, gender, if youve aten etc...

anyone been stopped and breathalysed after having a drink?

FlyingJesus
14-01-2010, 05:48 PM
Safest bet is just to not bother tbh, but one beer should be fine, possibly two if you're a big lad - it's your blood-alcohol content they get you on, not how drunk you seem, so size will matter more here than it would for "how much before you're pissed". I've driven about utterly off my rocker before but been extremely lucky, really better off just having a coke or something if you're the designated driver

Swearwolf
14-01-2010, 06:08 PM
average person limit is 1 pint

tdi
15-01-2010, 12:09 AM
average person limit is 1 pint
but with it being an average it *can* be less.. Don't bother, I never drink if I'm driving.. I know I'd PROBABLY be under the limit, don't wanna find out the hard way though..

People always worry about their licences, as in 'ohh if I get breathalysed i'll be banned' but what they don't really think/care about is what they could do to other people, one mistake + hitting a pedestrian can have fatal consequences.

Eoin
15-01-2010, 01:19 AM
i think making this thread jinxed me tonight!!
was at the pub and was the designated driver. had one 440ml tin of lager, thought to maself 'nahh ive never been stopped before' so i cracked on with another tinnie. got pulled over for having my fogs on + breathalysed. but i passed the breath test.

so 2 440ml tins of lager = pass (for me anyway)

i was absolutely brickin maself when they got the breathalyser out!

i just cant believe it happened on the same night this thread was made!? karma??

FlyingJesus
15-01-2010, 01:22 AM
What the hell were you drinking cans at a pub for

Eoin
15-01-2010, 01:24 AM
What the hell were you drinking cans at a pub for

was playing a gig and we got paid in beer.

also got a £30 fine for drivin with fogs on by the absolute ******** fuzz

Swearwolf
15-01-2010, 01:56 AM
lucky you didnt lose your license lol, ive only been breathalysed once, didnt have anything to drink tho was just aggravated driving in a car park showing off lol :P escaped a fine when i got pulled earlier same night for fogs though

Blinger1
15-01-2010, 02:39 AM
I only drive the next morning, i think i've been lucky though since there is a 0.00 BAC tolerance on p plate drivers.

Metric1
15-01-2010, 05:26 AM
was playing a gig and we got paid in beer.

also got a £30 fine for drivin with fogs on by the absolute ******** fuzz

MY FOGS ARE ON ALL THE TIME, I NEVER GET STOPPED? SOZ FOR CAPS

Swearwolf
15-01-2010, 09:40 AM
its illegal in the UK unless your vision is less than a certain distance blah blah

Eoin
15-01-2010, 01:39 PM
ive got blue bulbs in them there a bit noticeable

Black_Apalachi
16-01-2010, 04:51 AM
i think making this thread jinxed me tonight!!
was at the pub and was the designated driver. had one 440ml tin of lager, thought to maself 'nahh ive never been stopped before' so i cracked on with another tinnie. got pulled over for having my fogs on + breathalysed. but i passed the breath test.

so 2 440ml tins of lager = pass (for me anyway)

i was absolutely brickin maself when they got the breathalyser out!

i just cant believe it happened on the same night this thread was made!? karma??

It depends on how much time is passed since your last drink as well. If you've just came out the pub, there won't be much in your blood yet.

I reckon I'd be OK with a pint but I've never tried it yet. I always thought it would be a good idea if there was some way you could arrange a test to find out what your limit is so you know instead of having to take risks. It would save more lives than just telling people not to drink at all.

MY FOGS ARE ON ALL THE TIME, I NEVER GET STOPPED? SOZ FOR CAPS

LINK CONTAINS SWEARING
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=38617209620&ref=ts

Grippz
16-01-2010, 02:48 PM
Safest bet is just to not bother tbh

Couldn't have put it better myself. Don't run the risk, it's not worth it.

GoldenMerc
16-01-2010, 05:36 PM
Theres a test thing in the club i go to its wrong though because i blew into it and i didnt drink anything and it said i was over ! cost me £1 too :(

joshuar
16-01-2010, 07:35 PM
Theres a test thing in the club i go to its wrong though because i blew into it and i didnt drink anything and it said i was over ! cost me £1 too :(

HA, I bet it always says your over as people will probably do it for a laugh. Espeically if it's evolve cause that place is for tramps.

When i'm driving I never drink, occasionally I've had a vodka+coke and then driven, but I don't wanna run the risk as i'm not the biggest guy in the world and anything will probably affect me.

GoldenMerc
16-01-2010, 07:39 PM
HA, I bet it always says your over as people will probably do it for a laugh. Espeically if it's evolve cause that place is for tramps.

When i'm driving I never drink, occasionally I've had a vodka+coke and then driven, but I don't wanna run the risk as i'm not the biggest guy in the world and anything will probably affect me.
Nah was oceon! but evolve has one too :)
Oceon then evolve = perfect night out!

You
21-01-2010, 03:57 PM
I usually have two pints.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!