PDA

View Full Version : Man U in trouble

lBlue
17-01-2010, 12:10 AM
Big Red' Fred Done comes out in support of his 'local' club:

Fred Done, one of Manchester United's biggest fans in the business community, says he believes the club is too deep in debt and has declared that he will not be investing in the £500m bond issue launched by owners the Glazer family.

Done the 4th richest man in the North West along with brother Peter made his £510m fortune through the Betfred franchise, which is Manchester United's former official betting partner.

Done told Crain's he was worried about the club's finances but advised investors not to touch Manchester United's bonds. He said: "As an investment, I would not touch it with a barge pole.

"I am seeing empty corporate boxes, I am seeing empty seats and there are tickets on open sale which you did not see a year ago."

He added: "I am seeing cracks in the team. It's just debt ridden. As a supporter it saddens me. I hope we do not go the way of Portsmouth."

"I would like to know how much equity the Glazers have put in the club. I do not think it's very much."

Manchester United's bond issue is designed to refinance the £712m worth of debt resulting from the takeover of the club in 2005 by the Glazers, a family of US leisure entrepreneurs.Told you so, Man U aren't a sexy looking investment.

Could this be OT in a few years?

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4050/4274492347_70d429d779_o.jpg

Jack.Lfc
17-01-2010, 12:13 AM
Haha about time. For so long its just been how much trouble Liverpool are in, dont get me wrong we are in trouble but not as much as them.

United-Clowgon
17-01-2010, 12:24 AM
We will get ourselves out of this mess.

lBlue
17-01-2010, 12:25 AM
We will get ourselves out of this mess.
You do that!

http://pachline.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/power_fist_11.gif

Mexel
17-01-2010, 12:26 AM
Haha that picture is amazing

llMunich
17-01-2010, 12:34 AM
He does loads.

He does loads, really good.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4043/4280310924_e361fff85a_o.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4010/4278431029_055061ce7c_o.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4034/4272946314_5850372544_o.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4053/4272075651_d68b25ff48_o.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4033/4264004232_4dd7214ebb_o.jpg
(after the Leeds game when you could see his nose hairs)

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2707/4260496338_6c91522fda_o.jpg

http://i35.tinypic.com/2v9u4gp.jpg

Browney
17-01-2010, 10:41 AM
What is with Tevez's dance? I wish he'd stop it, it's embarrassing.

I'd be extremely surprised should United go under. Besides, if they really struggle they could just sell OT.

leah
17-01-2010, 12:04 PM
the pictures made me laugh
I hope they get whats coming to them without worming their way out of it

Jack.Lfc
17-01-2010, 12:52 PM
What is with Tevez's dance? I wish he'd stop it, it's embarrassing.

I'd be extremely surprised should United go under. Besides, if they really struggle they could just sell OT.

Do you think the fa would let any team in the premier league go under?

leah
17-01-2010, 12:54 PM
Do you think the fa would let any team in the premier league go under?

they let leeds go under :S!

Jack.Lfc
17-01-2010, 12:56 PM
I mean as in non existant.

leah
17-01-2010, 12:59 PM
pardon? explain.

United-Clowgon
17-01-2010, 01:19 PM
the pictures made me laugh
I hope they get whats coming to them without worming their way out of it

Oh stop seething for goodness sakes. It's Manchester United who made the Premier League the best League in the world. It's Manchester United who because of their for ever existing dominance in the Asia, North America, Africa make other teams in the league get tv deals, sponsorship deals ect.

It's Manchester United success that make foreigners want to invest in the premier league. FELLOW PREMIER LEAGUE CLUBS NEED US = FACT

LET THERE BE MORE SUCCESS FOR MANCHESTER UNITED FC = LETS MAKE THOSE JEALOUS FOOTIE FANS SEEEEEEEEEEEEETH MORE!!!!!!1

leah
17-01-2010, 01:21 PM
Oh stop seething for goodness sakes. It's Manchester United who made the Premier League the best League in the world. It's Manchester United who because of their for ever existing dominance in the Asia, North America, Africa make other teams in the league get tv deals, sponsorship deals ect.

It's Manchester United success that make foreigners want to invest in the premier league. FELLOW PREMIER LEAGUE CLUBS NEED US = FACT

LET THERE BE MORE SUCCESS FOR MANCHESTER UNITED FC = LETS MAKE THOSE JEALOUS FOOTIE FANS SEEEEEEEEEEEEETH MORE!!!!!!1

seething is when you're so angry you're like practically shaking, not sure how this fits in with your sentence hun.

you're by far the most deluded person I have spoken to, people invest in other clubs because they see a profit from it, it has nothing to do with scum.
if they made the PL they'd win it every season surely?

and as for dominating america and asia, seriously? their teams are all rubbish "FACT"

Tash.
17-01-2010, 01:32 PM

I'm sorry what? I hate to break your deluded vision of how great MU are, but no it is not MU that makes other foreigners want to invest in other teams in the Premier League. If that was true everybody would want a piece of MU and that's clearly not true considering the problems financially that you've had for several years now. Each team in the Premier League that is popular is popular due to it's own success. And if i'm not mistaken Liverpool were the first team to dominate the european cup and the league so please think about what you're writing before you actually do. Not to mention that Roman Abramovich decided to invest in Chelsea, not MU. Coincidence? Not likely.

Technologic
17-01-2010, 01:34 PM
I'm sure somebody in China or the UAE will buy it

leah
17-01-2010, 01:39 PM
I love tash :love3:

Edited by MattGarner (Acting Assistant General Manager): Please do not post pointlessly.

United-Clowgon
17-01-2010, 01:40 PM
seething is when you're so angry you're like practically shaking, not sure how this fits in with your sentence hun.

you're by far the most deluded person I have spoken to, people invest in other clubs because they see a profit from it, it has nothing to do with scum.
if they made the PL they'd win it every season surely?

and as for dominating america and asia, seriously? their teams are all rubbish "FACT"

but honeypot you are angry. :P You said "i hope they get wants coming to them" = you are jealous and angry of our success. Simples. ;)

You are probably the most naive person i have spoken to, people invest in other Clubs because of teams like Manchester United - HUNDREDS of MILLIONS of football fans across the globe watch teams like United because of how big they are = and becuase of players like Rooney.

And that last comment makes no sense. :rolleyes:

Jack.Lfc
17-01-2010, 01:41 PM
Yes clowgon, and the people from machester will hate that.

Didnt he say i read to many papers too :'(

leah
17-01-2010, 01:45 PM
but honeypot you are angry. :P You said "i hope they get wants coming to them" = you are jealous and angry of our success. Simples. ;)

You are probably the most naive person i have spoken to, people invest in other Clubs because of teams like Manchester United - HUNDREDS of MILLIONS of football fans across the globe watch teams like United because of how big they are = and becuase of players like Rooney.

And that last comment makes no sense. :rolleyes:
I always make sense, sadly the same statement cannot be stretched to represent your posts.

Again patronising me by using the vocative "honeypot" isn't this the exact same thing you apologised for a few days ago? oh dear. I'm not angry nor jealous over MU, like I said the last time you accused me of said disgrace, I would NEVER want my team to stoop to the dirty, cheating and favoured levels that MU stoop to quite frankly because it's most pathetic.

As for me being naive... it's laughable. You're incredibly naive by making the comments you make, the most hilarious one being how people only invest in other clubs because MU are in that league, what a joke. If that were the case they would invest in MU surely? Give up clowgon, go to bed and have a nap because you're digging yourself a deeper hole and you're making yourself look very silly.

United-Clowgon
17-01-2010, 03:41 PM
I'm sorry what? I hate to break your deluded vision of how great MU are, but no it is not MU that makes other foreigners want to invest in other teams in the Premier League. If that was true everybody would want a piece of MU and that's clearly not true considering the problems financially that you've had for several years now. Each team in the Premier League that is popular is popular due to it's own success. And if i'm not mistaken Liverpool were the first team to dominate the european cup and the league so please think about what you're writing before you actually do. Not to mention that Roman Abramovich decided to invest in Chelsea, not MU. Coincidence? Not likely.

It is actually, there's only a "few" teams in the Premier League that make the premier League what it is today - Best League in the world. It's teams like West Ham, Spurs, Arsenal who over the past decade have made it so loved throughout the footballing world due what it has produced. Perhaps, some of the forgerins don't want to "invest" in United because they want to try and achieve something that United has or try to compete with united. Man City Owner a good example.

Yes, Liverpool were the first team to dominate the European stage but for the last 20 years or so, it's not Liverpool who has been dominating in the Premier Leauge. If you knew Manchester United FC, you would know that it's the centre stage for South Asia, Africa, North America markets in terms of investement and the fan base. Not, Liverpool, not Real Madrid, no one can match what United has achieved in these parts of the Globe.

Foreigners 20 years ago would see the Premier League, not just the Premier League, football as a whole as a not such good investment but as you see now a days, Clubs are getting 50 - 60 + Million for shirt sponsor deals, Sky has a deal with the premier League of £300 million plus, i think which gets equally shared out between the Clubs.

This is because of course, Clubs like Manchester United FC would have made the Premier League how it is today. - Do you see the other Football league Clubs get such investment not much apart from QPR. Do you see the Scottish League get such? investment No because it's a waste of time investing there. Hardly anyone watch the football there and none of the Clubs are known throughout the world.

Manchester United is the biggest Club in the world and with these comes the most valued Club in the World.

So let me some this whole whole up for you, seeing as you are probably deluded still. :rolleyes: Foreigners invest in the Premier League because of teams like Manchester United FC. They see it as an opportunity to make a profit and to land lucrative tv deals.

Clubs get £30 Million EACH for staying in the Premier League - could also be a reason why they invest here.

Now if you did bother to read the whole post, i think you will find what I'm saying quite bloody right, that's of course, you do history of English football and what it has achieved in the past 20 years or so. :rolleyes:

I always make sense, sadly the same statement cannot be stretched to represent your posts.

Again patronising me by using the vocative "honeypot" isn't this the exact same thing you apologised for a few days ago? oh dear. I'm not angry nor jealous over MU, like I said the last time you accused me of said disgrace, I would NEVER want my team to stoop to the dirty, cheating and favoured levels that MU stoop to quite frankly because it's most pathetic.

As for me being naive... it's laughable. You're incredibly naive by making the comments you make, the most hilarious one being how people only invest in other clubs because MU are in that league, what a joke. If that were the case they would invest in MU surely? Give up clowgon, go to bed and have a nap because you're digging yourself a deeper hole and you're making yourself look very silly.

You always make sense? :P

Read my above post and ask yourself if you make sense again.

I'm not going to have a debate on this issue again. There's no point in arguing with people who obviously don't know the sport well.

leah
17-01-2010, 04:17 PM
You always make sense? :P

Read my above post and ask yourself if you make sense again.

I'm not going to have a debate on this issue again. There's no point in arguing with people who obviously don't know the sport well.

Firstly i've read enough of your bogus view on football to last me a lifetime, and all i've ever done is laugh because it's all a load of rubbish, none of it has knowledge it's all opinion and delusion. You're saying we don't know the sport well after everyone that posts in this forum states that you're the one lacking in the football knowledge, and you then go off on one about how football isn't about knowledge but it's about passion and love for the sport? I never knew you were a hypocrite aswell as everything else. I post about football because i've been a fan of it for 18 years, doubt you can say the same. It's a downright cheek how you can sit there and tell me I know nothing about the sport when you sit there reciting the sun as if it were the bible, oh please.

Tash.
17-01-2010, 04:34 PM
It is actually, there's only a "few" teams in the Premier League that make the premier League what it is today - Best League in the world. It's teams like West Ham, Spurs, Arsenal who over the past decade have made it so loved throughout the footballing world due what it has produced. Perhaps, some of the forgerins don't want to "invest" in United because they want to try and achieve something that United has or try to compete with united. Man City Owner a good example.

Yes, Liverpool were the first team to dominate the European stage but for the last 20 years or so, it's not Liverpool who has been dominating in the Premier Leauge. If you knew Manchester United FC, you would know that it's the centre stage for South Asia, Africa, North America markets in terms of investement and the fan base. Not, Liverpool, not Real Madrid, no one can match what United has achieved in these parts of the Globe.

Foreigners 20 years ago would see the Premier League, not just the Premier League, football as a whole as a not such good investment but as you see now a days, Clubs are getting 50 - 60 + Million for shirt sponsor deals, Sky has a deal with the premier League of £300 million plus, i think which gets equally shared out between the Clubs.

This is because of course, Clubs like Manchester United FC would have made the Premier League how it is today. - Do you see the other Football league Clubs get such investment not much apart from QPR. Do you see the Scottish League get such? investment No because it's a waste of time investing there. Hardly anyone watch the football there and none of the Clubs are known throughout the world.

Manchester United is the biggest Club in the world and with these comes the most valued Club in the World.

So let me some this whole whole up for you, seeing as you are probably deluded still. :rolleyes: Foreigners invest in the Premier League because of teams like Manchester United FC. They see it as an opportunity to make a profit and to land lucrative tv deals.

Clubs get £30 Million EACH for staying in the Premier League - could also be a reason why they invest here.

Now if you did bother to read the whole post, i think you will find what I'm saying quite bloody right, that's of course, you do history of English football and what it has achieved in the past 20 years or so. :rolleyes:

I'm not going to get into an argument about this with you, but I can safely say that although MU do have a strong world fan base, they are not solely responsible for the rise in revenue that the Premier League is recieving. Infact everything you just wrote there is highly egotistical and I do hate to tell you this but the world of football does not revolve around MU just because they happen to have dominated the Premier League for the past decade. Other teams have won the League in that space of time and successes in europe for other teams have also helped the premier league come to the forefront of football. So no, MU are not solely responsible for the popularity of football today and to infer that they are is beyond ignorant.

United-Clowgon
17-01-2010, 04:38 PM
Firstly i've read enough of your bogus view on football to last me a lifetime, and all i've ever done is laugh because it's all a load of rubbish, none of it has knowledge it's all opinion and delusion. You're saying we don't know the sport well after everyone that posts in this forum states that you're the one lacking in the football knowledge, and you then go off on one about how football isn't about knowledge but it's about passion and love for the sport? I never knew you were a hypocrite aswell as everything else. I post about football because i've been a fan of it for 18 years, doubt you can say the same. It's a downright cheek how you can sit there and tell me I know nothing about the sport when you sit there reciting the sun as if it were the bible, oh please.

You have? Really? You haven't read my above post if you think wise. I didn't say ANYONE this forum knew nothing about sports, i have though said that many of many "critics" don't know a lot of it as what I'm saying is no way near false, or misleading. Anyone who says i have no football knowledge have no football knowledge themselves.

I've put some decent, posts in this section of which i have received, rep from fellow members and also moderators. So obviously i know "stuff" about the sport.

"and you then go off on one about how football isn't about knowledge but it's about passion and love for the sport"? I have never said that, go and find the post that i said that.

"I post about football because i've been a fan of it for 18 years, doubt you can say the same. It's a downright cheek how you can sit there and tell me I know nothing about the sport when you sit there reciting the sun as if it were the bible, oh please"

Rubbish.

Jack.Lfc
17-01-2010, 04:45 PM

In doing so the glazers sold your best player.

iAdam
17-01-2010, 04:45 PM
Just from a complete amateur point of view, you can't suggest that man u gets huge amounts of investment if it's in danger of going under.

StefanWolves
17-01-2010, 04:49 PM
Just from a complete amateur point of view, you can't suggest that man u gets huge amounts of investment if it's in danger of going under.
Thank god a member has gotten involved and actually proved that Clowgon is wrong.

leah
17-01-2010, 04:58 PM
You have? Really? You haven't read my above post if you think wise. I didn't say ANYONE this forum knew nothing about sports, i have though said that many of many "critics" don't know a lot of it as what I'm saying is no way near false, or misleading. Anyone who says i have no football knowledge have no football knowledge themselves.

I've put some decent, posts in this section of which i have received, rep from fellow members and also moderators. So obviously i know "stuff" about the sport.

"and you then go off on one about how football isn't about knowledge but it's about passion and love for the sport"? I have never said that, go and find the post that i said that.

"I post about football because i've been a fan of it for 18 years, doubt you can say the same. It's a downright cheek how you can sit there and tell me I know nothing about the sport when you sit there reciting the sun as if it were the bible, oh please"

Rubbish.
yeah because a few spotty 12 year olds clearly are qualified to judge who knows things about football, or maybe they just repped you because you support the same team as them or maybe they were just spreading? I've received loads of rep in this forum and you don't catch me bragging about it and using it to prove that I have knowledge.

Seriously you're not making sense, check the bold sections above. I just find it rather amusing how you're up there saying how people can't say you have no knowledge of football yet the other day you were there admitting yourself (or your friends, can't remember which) that your knowledge is severely limited but you make up for it in spirit. You must have taken a crash course in football trivia for it to have improved at such a fast rate. Well done :eusa_clap

United-Clowgon
17-01-2010, 04:59 PM

Thank god a member has gotten involved and actually proved that Clowgon is wrong.

JESUS CHRIST. We don't get hundred million pound investments here, no club does. However we do get multi million pound investments.

We have since got 40 million pound early from our soon to be shirt sponsors, which is being used to pay off interest on our debt.

Our investment is being spent on the debt. It's not hard to work out, is it? :rolleyes:

StefanWolves
17-01-2010, 05:03 PM
Yea £40,000,000 is going to pay off your £500,000,000 debt

Which ever way you look at it, you're still ******.

leah
17-01-2010, 05:04 PM
Yea £40,000,000 is going to pay off your £500,000,000 debt

Which ever way you look at it, you're still ******.
exactly, pure delusion.

StefanWolves
17-01-2010, 05:05 PM
I am actually going to give up trying to drill it into them, absolutely on a different planet.

leah
17-01-2010, 05:13 PM
I am actually going to give up trying to drill it into them, absolutely on a different planet.

I know, it's very frustrating. All you can do is laugh and feel sorry for them at the end of the day ;)

iAdam
17-01-2010, 05:26 PM
JESUS CHRIST. We don't get hundred million pound investments here, no club does. However we do get multi million pound investments.

We have since got 40 million pound early from our soon to be shirt sponsors, which is being used to pay off interest on our debt.

Our investment is being spent on the debt. It's not hard to work out, is it? :rolleyes:

Fine then, poor financial management to get into this debt, surely?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!