PDA

View Full Version : MANCHESTER UNITED FOR SALE AS SPLASH SHEIKHS LINE UP £1.2BN TAKEOVER BID

United-Clowgon
17-01-2010, 11:02 AM
MANCHESTER UNITED’S sunshine break in Qatar last week could lead to a spectacular £1.2billion takeover of the club.

Sunday Express Sport (http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/152201/MANCHESTER-UNITED-FOR-SALE-AS-SPLASH-SHEIKHS-LINE-UP-1-2M-TAKEOVER-BID#) can reveal that while Manchester United (http://sundayexpress.co.uk/football/teams/8/Manchester-United) manager Sir Alex Ferguson (http://www.sundayexpress.co.uk/search/Sir%20Alex%20Ferguson/) took advantage of the warmth of Doha to fine tune his players, there was feverish work going on behind the scenes.

Aware that Qatar, with their bid for the 2022 World Cup in mind, has gone football (http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/152201/MANCHESTER-UNITED-FOR-SALE-AS-SPLASH-SHEIKHS-LINE-UP-1-2M-TAKEOVER-BID#) crazy, feelers were put out by United’s owners the Glazers (http://www.express.co.uk/search/Glazers/) about attracting Middle East investment – or finding a potential buyer.

The Glazers may have saddled the club with debts of £700m after their controversial takeover in 2005 but they know they could make a huge profit if they sold, with even conservative estimates placing the club’s present value at around £1.2billion.

United’s short stay in Qatar provided the Old Trafford money men with the perfect opportunity to attract fiscal interest in the club.

Oil and gas reserves have transformed the country into one of the richest in the world.

It is seeking a higher profile identity and sees sport as the vehicle to help meet that ambition.

No expense is being spared in winning a bid for the 2022 World Cup – so the chance of either being involved in or owning a club of United’s magnitude has great appeal to Qatar’s wealthy aristocracy.

It would also provide the perfect foil to one of their Emirates rivals Abu Dhabi where Sheikh Mansour owns

Manchester City (http://sundayexpress.co.uk/football/teams/20/Manchester-City).

United could easily have undergone warm weather training a lot closer to home but the six-and-a-half hour
plane journey served two purposes, to get away from the snow and put out some money markers.

The Glazers will only sell for the right price. In the meantime the club are hitting the road attempting to raise aminimum of £500m in bonds to help pay off some of the debt which has substantial interest payments.

United are confident of meeting their target and could even better it as they look to ease the strain of servicing the debt.

But it’s believed that the Glazers are still susceptible to a big offer for the club which would allow them to leave with a sizeable profit.

That’s where United’s training trip to Qatar will almost certainly become very signifi cant in the future.

United, though, will not be cashing in on Wayne Rooney (http://sundayexpress.co.uk/search/Wayne%20Rooney/). Manager Ferguson insists the player is happy and there is no contract issue surrounding the player.

There had been reports suggesting that Rooney’s advisers were looking for a lucrative new deal for the England player.

But Ferguson stated: “No one has said to me that his contract is up in such and such a time. It’s never been mentioned so I assume that everything is OK.”

GET ALL THE LATEST MANCHESTER UNITED NEWS HERE (http://www.express.co.uk/football/teams/8/Manchester-United)I'm hoping it's true. I would welcome the move with open arms. Though i don't want to see another Glazer who will just buy the Club through bank loans. I don't want someone like the owners of Portsmouth who have no money and players keep not getting paid each week.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/152201/MANCHESTER-UNITED-FOR-SALE-AS-SPLASH-SHEIKHS-LINE-UP-1-2M-TAKEOVER-BID

Thread closed by invincible (Forum Super Moderator) as it's continued to spin off topic despite multiple warnings from moderation.

Jibbish
17-01-2010, 11:22 AM
it doesnt say there going to bid £1.2 billion lol...
if this sheik turns out to be a manchester city type one, alex will get sacked if he dont win the premier league or champions league

United-Clowgon
17-01-2010, 11:40 AM
it doesnt say there going to bid £1.2 billion lol...
if this sheik turns out to be a manchester city type one, alex will get sacked if he dont win the premier league or champions league

Apparently somebody in Qatar who wants the buy the Club is a huge Manchester United fan. So if this is true, they will know that Fergie is the right Manager for the team.

Fergie nearly got the sack 20 years ago and look what he's done now. Managers need to be given the time to produce the best out of their team.

AgnesIO
17-01-2010, 11:51 AM
Apparently somebody in Qatar who wants the buy the Club is a huge Manchester United fan. So if this is true, they will know that Fergie is the right Manager for the team.

Fergie nearly got the sack 20 years ago and look what he's done now. Managers need to be given the time to produce the best out of their team.

Coming from the guy who called for his head, now you think he is the right man for the job. :S

1.2 billion is ridiculous. Nobody, and I mean that, would buy the club for 1.2 billion when there are 700 million in debt - that would cost 1.9 billion - nobody would pay that.

leah
17-01-2010, 12:03 PM
well seeing as the glazers made it that any debt the club is in they'll sell with the club i doubt anyone would buy it :S

Immenseman
17-01-2010, 12:15 PM
Lol, I'm pretty sure if they said the club was up for sale it'd sale for ease, even if it's over the 1 billion mark. It's the biggest club in the world, some people have more money than sense, it'd be more of a status thing for anybody who does decide to buy it, if it happens.

United-Clowgon
17-01-2010, 12:15 PM
Coming from the guy who called for his head, now you think he is the right man for the job. :S

1.2 billion is ridiculous. Nobody, and I mean that, would buy the club for 1.2 billion when there are 700 million in debt - that would cost 1.9 billion - nobody would pay that.

Oh zip up. Stop trying to start arguments.

On 16 May 2005, Glazer took his shareholding in United to 75%, allowing him to end the club's PLC (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_limited_company) status and delist it from the London Stock Exchange (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_Stock_Exchange), which he did on 22 June.[7] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malcolm_Glazer_takeover_of_Manchester_United#cite_ note-6) On 14 June 2005, Glazer successfully increased his share in the club to 97.3%, sufficient for full control. On 28 June he increased his share to 98%, enough for a compulsory buyout of all remaining shareholders.[8] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malcolm_Glazer_takeover_of_Manchester_United#cite_ note-7) The final valuation of the club was almost £800 million (approximately $1.5 billion at the exchange rate at the time).

leah
17-01-2010, 12:24 PM
Lol, I'm pretty sure if they said the club was up for sale it'd sale for ease, even if it's over the 1 billion mark. It's the biggest club in the world, some people have more money than sense, it'd be more of a status thing for anybody who does decide to buy it, if it happens.

it's not the biggest club in the world, don't be so wet. You sound like Andy Gray.

Immenseman
17-01-2010, 12:26 PM
Erm, I'm not saying it's the best. It has the most influence around the globe... that much is pretty obvious. Hello Far East. Not many other clubs are supported like they are outside of their country of origin.

Titch
17-01-2010, 12:44 PM
1) to leah, manchester united is the biggest club in the world - FACT becuase it has the largest about of supporters - FACT

2) if they buy the club they will be buying the club WITH the debt attached, so 1.2 billion would INCLUDE the debt, not the debt ontop on it. (so they would pay of debt and glazers would then get the remanding money).

leah
17-01-2010, 12:48 PM
it's not FACT unless you survey everyone in the world and then see that they have the biggest fanbase they are not the biggest club in the world "FACT" ;l

thats weird cause people in england support barcelona and such yet they're not spannish.

United-Clowgon
17-01-2010, 01:10 PM
it's not FACT unless you survey everyone in the world and then see that they have the biggest fanbase they are not the biggest club in the world "FACT" ;l

thats weird cause people in england support barcelona and such yet they're not spannish.

Lol Leaah please, Manchester United FC are the BIGGEST Club in the world in terms of fanbase, Investment, sponsors. We dominate the Asia, Africa, North America markets.

This is a really good point as well - Real Madrid use Beckham as route to get the Asia markets to notice them more. Even though they've got
people who know them there, it's fanbase compared to United is NO WHERE NEAR AS BIG.

Clubs like Barca, Real, Milan are practically un heard of in America.

Titch
17-01-2010, 01:13 PM

Manchester United have the biggest fanbase in the world - FACT

Manchester United are the most well known club over the world - FACT

Jack.Lfc
17-01-2010, 01:29 PM

You say that like its a good thing. Believe me poeple from manchester will hate this.

StefanWolves
17-01-2010, 01:56 PM
Sunday express... Lol.

leah
17-01-2010, 02:02 PM
like i said, when you have factual evidence of this please show me, instead of repeating what you hear from other deluded fans much like yourselves. :$

CHA!NGANG
17-01-2010, 02:04 PM
Yes Man U are the club with the biggest fanbase but as for biggest club in general, well it depends how you define biggest. I'd say Real Madrid are the biggest in the world because of it's reputation and how it's owned and run as well as the money in the club which is alot more than United.

Oh and Clowgon, Real Madrid are very well known in America with people that know about football, maybe more than United.

FlyingJesus
17-01-2010, 02:20 PM
it'd be more of a status thing for anybody who does decide to buy it, if it happens.

Probably the biggest selling point really, same reason as that hilarious Russian dude buying Chelsea - liked the club and thought it would be a fun way to spend his dosh while looking good

it's not the biggest club in the world, don't be so wet. You sound like Andy Gray.

Err yeah they kinda are. The Spanish and Italian top clubs may well be big but they simply don't have the kind of worldwide recognition as Man U - we are pretty much the home of football so it makes sense that a club that's been among the best in the world for a long long time would be somewhat famous. Real are of course a massive club with (I think) a more successful history, but they haven't been marketed for as long or in the same way as Man U with the exception of the big media concerning Galacticos squads

StefanWolves
17-01-2010, 02:26 PM
Clowgon I've been to the states 6 times, the amount of mexicans/puetoricans(Spanish speaking) living their is incredible, and most of which support Real Madrid or other European sides, not MU though suprisingly. I saw plenty of people wearing Madrid shirts, I saw more people wearing England shirts than I did United shirts.

It's also a fact that American broadcasters are actually looking to broadcast more Spanish legue games than English, so there goes your ****** little theory with no proof.

Difference between mine an your posts? Mines backed up with hard pure facts.

Immenseman
17-01-2010, 03:19 PM
leah, we're not saying it because we care, it's just the truth. they are the biggest club - not the best, there is no bias, spanish clubs are better but they don't have worldwide support like english clubs do. not on the same scale anyway.

StefanWolves
17-01-2010, 03:22 PM
They do, it's just that our media in this country are bias and you don't ever hear of the media saying how huge foreign clubs like the Spanish clubs are around the world.

Real Madrid is by far this biggest club in the world.

Don't get me wrong, our big four clubs are huge, they make up four of the top six biggest clubs in the world, along with Barcelona, but they are not as big as Real Madrid.

It pains me to say that a Spanish club is bigger and better than an English one, but it's the truth.

Immenseman
17-01-2010, 03:27 PM
No, it's not. They have little to no influence in the biggest market in this world, Far East. They watch English football much more than Spanish due to the huge TV revenues. We know for a fact that English clubs make 3-5x more than Spanish clubs from TV because it was on SSN (:P). I'm not saying Real Madrid aren't better, they aren't bigger. When they were in money troubles they were helped by their local council, not from revenue. They get their money from councils and government, English clubs don't.

TaffTalk
17-01-2010, 03:31 PM
Thank God. Get those yanks out, they come to club deposit all their debt so we can't buy any players, I mean look how much we got for Ronaldo and who do we replace him with.. 10 a penny Michael Owen who isn't even on a wage.

StefanWolves
17-01-2010, 03:34 PM
See what I mean? SSN are bias, the English media are bias. It is true that the Premier League dominate the Asian market, but just because we dominate that doesn't mean that Spanish clubs can't dominate other big markets around the world, including the second biggest market - that of the USA. I'm not saying the Spanish league is any better than that of the Premier League, which is what you're getting at, I'm simply saying Real Madrid are the biggest club in the world, and because of that, are catching up with the Premier League in terms of being the best.

Also, in the next few years the Italian league is going to be using a system identical to ours (Thanks to Sky Italia, the sister company of BSkyB (Sky UK)), where all TV rights sales get split up between all Premier League clubs, which could actually see the Premier League be toppled from the biggest league in the world, by that of Seria A.

Immenseman
17-01-2010, 03:37 PM
they have overtaken in terms of quality, spanish clubs are better than english clubs as much as it pains me to say. USA has hardly any appeal for football, spanish nor english clubs have cracked that market and if one of them do then yeah they'll be the biggest club but i don't see that happening any time soon.

TaffTalk
17-01-2010, 03:41 PM
Wolves, your saying because of Real Madrid, (One single team) they will dominate America. America don't care for football or 'Soccer', they are nationalists and have their own football league, so they would sooner support that then the Spanish one.

America do their own thing in terms of Sports. Give the players guns and have them playing over an oil field, then its a different story.

StefanWolves
17-01-2010, 03:42 PM
You'd be amazed, the USA have three main broadcasters, Fox Soccer Channel, Setanta US, and ESPN, which broadcast every single Premier League game live. The Premier League has cracked the US market, however it soon to be overtaken by that of La Liga.

It remains to be seen whether the Spanish League has overtaken the English, guess we will see later on in the Champions League, which I think will be interesting, as I expect Chelsea to win it, with MU giving it a good go.

All I'm saying is
- The Spanish have the biggest club in the world and the second best league in the world
- The English have the best league in the world and the second biggest club in the world.

I know which I'd rather play in. :P

@TaffTalk, read my other posts, from the other page, before jumping in with ridiculous statements. The Americans, believe it or not, do have a interest in 'soccer', it's just that they're stereotyped.

And I'm not saying that at all.

TaffTalk
17-01-2010, 03:44 PM
I'll just agree to disagree Wolves on British football cracking America (I dont think we've come close, hence why Beckham is training with AC Milan).

On Britain being the best league however, I totally agree with you there :P

Immenseman
17-01-2010, 03:44 PM
The English have the biggest club and league. Spain probably will dominate in the years to come. At the present time - they don't. We don't need to explain Far East, all football fans know about that and as you just showed premier league has a bigger influence in America and the biggest club in the PL is Manchester United. Whether, that'll be the case for years to come remains to be seen.

StefanWolves
17-01-2010, 03:47 PM
La Liga wont EVER topple the Premier League, Seria A in years will come closer as Sky (the Italian version) know what they're doing and have learned from what BSkyB did with the Premier League.

MU will always be the biggest club in terms of being popular in Asia. But at the moment is not the biggest club in the world.

Immenseman
17-01-2010, 03:49 PM
yes. it. is. lmao, the far east is the biggest market and no other team is as influential outside of their native country as united are

StefanWolves
17-01-2010, 03:55 PM
So by saying that you are saying that; China's market > The rest of the world's market?

Its a fact, the only reason United are huge in Asia is because of Skys owner Rupert Murdoch, in the early 90s when the Premier League started he was smart enough to sell rights to the biggest upcoming market - China, and when United started to dominate, only then did United become so huge.

Just because you are biggest in the Asian market doesn't mean that you are the biggest in the world.

Immenseman
17-01-2010, 04:00 PM
Not just China :rolleyes: Although, yes there market is the biggest in the world seeing as the Far East has about 1/5th of the population, 1/6th in China. Don't forget those oil-rich countries wanted the 39th game of the English league to be played there - not the Spanish league. They're not bothered about the Spanish teams, there is no demand for them outside of Spain.

StefanWolves
17-01-2010, 04:02 PM
There's no demand for Spanish football outside of Spain? I've heard it all now. Seeing as though here we get 5 live La Liga games a week, the Italian League of which gets about the same, most La Liga games are broadcast in America, also. I'm not sure about Asia as I haven't looked into it, but that statement you just made is ridiculous lol.

leah
17-01-2010, 04:11 PM
Clowgon I've been to the states 6 times, the amount of mexicans/puetoricans(Spanish speaking) living their is incredible, and most of which support Real Madrid or other European sides, not MU though suprisingly. I saw plenty of people wearing Madrid shirts, I saw more people wearing England shirts than I did United shirts.

It's also a fact that American broadcasters are actually looking to broadcast more Spanish legue games than English, so there goes your ****** little theory with no proof.

hallelujah

leah, we're not saying it because we care, it's just the truth. they are the biggest club - not the best, there is no bias, spanish clubs are better but they don't have worldwide support like english clubs do. not on the same scale anyway.
You have no evidence to back up what you're saying. If you surveyed every person in the world and then the biggest percentage of the words population were found to me MU fans then i'd agree with you, but until this happens I shall not. :)

Immenseman
17-01-2010, 04:12 PM
Wow, 5 a week?! Other countries get more PL football than England, do you even keep up. That's why there is so much controversy because people living in foreign countries can see EVERY PL game live on TV, in England you can't. No statement I made was ridiculous.

Interesting read for people who don't know the obvious and asking for facts:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/7232378.stm

Shows the English league is the biggest in the world. Biggest club in England over the last few years?

I rest my case. Bravo. Au reviour.

United-Clowgon
17-01-2010, 04:12 PM

You probably have seen loads of people who were wearing "Real Madrid shirts" but how they heck can you say that people over there are more familiar with Real than United. You can't just picked up the Spainsh/mexican and the rest of spainsh latino's and conclude Real are bigger over there. You have to include every group of people over there to find who's more known throughout the ENTIRE COUNTRY.

And mind how you are speaking to me, I'm not one of your dumb friends that you think you can talk to like **** and i suggest if you don't want to be on the next ban hammer list i suggest you bloody lower your tone with me.

and facts? What facts? you have provided NOTHING to suggest what you say is in fact true, all you have done is just mention spainsh/latinos that would obviously know Real Madrid more than United.

I have nothing more to say to you, or this subject. Troll laaaa.

Jack.Lfc
17-01-2010, 04:14 PM
This is funny lol

Immenseman
17-01-2010, 04:15 PM
Lol Leaah please, Manchester United FC are the BIGGEST Club in the world in terms of fanbase, Investment, sponsors. We dominate the Asia, Africa, North America markets.

This is a really good point as well - Real Madrid use Beckham as route to get the Asia markets to notice them more. Even though they've got
people who know them there, it's fanbase compared to United is NO WHERE NEAR AS BIG.

Clubs like Barca, Real, Milan are practically un heard of in America.

Probably the biggest selling point really, same reason as that hilarious Russian dude buying Chelsea - liked the club and thought it would be a fun way to spend his dosh while looking good

Err yeah they kinda are. The Spanish and Italian top clubs may well be big but they simply don't have the kind of worldwide recognition as Man U - we are pretty much the home of football so it makes sense that a club that's been among the best in the world for a long long time would be somewhat famous. Real are of course a massive club with (I think) a more successful history, but they haven't been marketed for as long or in the same way as Man U with the exception of the big media concerning Galacticos squads

As leah would say, hallelujah.

leah
17-01-2010, 04:19 PM
But that's the thing, Jake, it isn't FACT. It's all presumption and in clowgons case, a very heavy amount of delusion. :rolleyes:

United-Clowgon
17-01-2010, 04:19 PM
As leah would say, hallelujah.

God, I'm tired of arguing with people who know poo all about Football. :P

I'm sorry Leaah but you seem to just 'follow the crowd' and believe what most people say on here.

I think i'm seen as a threat to most people who post in the sport section.

Immenseman
17-01-2010, 04:21 PM
Yeah James, were you at OT yday? I was, posting on here from my iPhone :)

But that's the thing, Jake, it isn't FACT. It's all presumption and in clowgons case, a very heavy amount of delusion. :rolleyes:
Which is why I provided that link.

leah
17-01-2010, 04:21 PM
God, I'm tired of arguing with people who know poo all about Football. :P

I'm sorry Leaah but you seem to just 'follow the crowd' and believe what most people say on here.

I think i'm seen as a threat to most people who post in the sport section.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL I THINK IM GOING TO BURST, I'VE HEARD IT ALL NOW. THE IRONY. THE HYPOCRISY. OH MY STOMACH, OH MY LIVER, OH MY GOD LOOOOOOOOL PLEASE GO ON DAVE I'D LOVE TO SEE YOU ON NEVER MIND THE BUZZCOCKS LMAOOO THATS THE FUNNIEST THING I'VE EVER SEEEN SCREAMS ROFLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

United-Clowgon
17-01-2010, 04:23 PM
Yeah James, were you at OT yday? I was, posting on here from my iPhone :)

Which is why I provided that link.

I was indeed Jake. :) I'm going to the City game, will you be there?

StefanWolves
17-01-2010, 04:26 PM
Wow, 5 a week?! Other countries get more PL football than England, do you even keep up. That's why there is so much controversy because people living in foreign countries can see EVERY PL game live on TV, in England you can't. No statement I made was ridiculous.

Interesting read for people who don't know the obvious and asking for facts:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/7232378.stm

Shows the English league is the biggest in the world. Biggest club in England over the last few years?

I rest my case. Bravo. Au reviour.
Don't even get me started on the blackout rule, as you know I have made numerous threads in this section about the amount of games foreign countries get compared to us, ITS CALLED THE BLACKOUT RULE. I suggest you go and research. Fact is my opinion on this matter is far more educated, I read upon stuff like this on a daily basis, how dare you use that pathetic link against me. I think I have made two threads in this section showing my displeasure against the blackout rule, go find it, or if you want me to, I'll happily link you to it.

I rest my case, gutten nacht.

You probably have seen loads of people who were wearing "Real Madrid shirts" but how they heck can you say that people over there are more familiar with Real than United. You can't just picked up the Spainsh/mexican and the rest of spainsh latino's and conclude Real are bigger over there. You have to include every group of people over there to find who's more known throughout the ENTIRE COUNTRY.

And mind how you are speaking to me, I'm not one of your dumb friends that you think you can talk to like **** and i suggest if you don't want to be on the next ban hammer list i suggest you bloody lower your tone with me.

and facts? What facts? you have provided NOTHING to suggest what you say is in fact true, all you have done is just mention spainsh/latinos that would obviously know Real Madrid more than United.

I have nothing more to say to you, or this subject. Troll laaaa.
I'm not even going to bother replying to this as it has no substance at all, I read up on stuff like this on a daily basis, my dads deals in Satellite dishes (so pubs around my area can get 3pm Premier League kicks offs live) and whanot, I think I have a more educated opinion on this matter than the both of you put together, not even going to bother anymore as you two can't take things in.

Immenseman
17-01-2010, 04:27 PM
Yeah, me and my mates have tickets for the home tie, should be good :)

leah
17-01-2010, 04:32 PM
I was indeed Jake. :) I'm going to the City game, will you be there?

My Uncle tried getting tickets for the away game, they said they sold out because they only got given 4K. How lucky are you to get tickets?!? :(!!!

FlyingJesus
17-01-2010, 04:34 PM
Don't even get me started on the blackout rule, as you know I have made numerous threads in this section about the amount of games foreign countries get compared to us, ITS CALLED THE BLACKOUT RULE. I suggest you go and research. Fact is my opinion on this matter is far more educated, I read upon stuff like this on a daily basis, how dare you use that pathetic link against me. I think I have made two threads in this section showing my displeasure against the blackout rule, go find it, or if you want me to, I'll happily link you to it.

Yeah you not liking the fact that some stuff isn't shown on TV is obviously clear proof that Real Madrid are a more popular team than Man U. Congrats.

brb being a Chelsea fan defending Man U, what is the world coming to

StefanWolves
17-01-2010, 04:34 PM

I'm not even going to bother replying to this as it has no substance at all, I read up on stuff like this on a daily basis, my dads deals in Satellite dishes (so pubs around my area can get 3pm Premier League kicks offs live) and whanot, I think I have a more educated opinion on this matter than the both of you put together, not even going to bother anymore as you two can't take things in.

http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=606364&highlight=blackout+rule

ciao, arrivederci.

FlyingJesus go read the thread before you jump in with stupid claims like those, can't people read this days?

Immenseman
17-01-2010, 04:36 PM

You can't say you are more educated. Well you can but you can't and be serious with regards to it, comical genius. I can name drop too. In fact, just for you I will. My uncle is Peter Kenyon, I'm pretty sure he has taught me well being CEO of Manchester United and Chelsea.

StefanWolves
17-01-2010, 04:39 PM
Wow that's good for you, Peter Kenyon! Wow, why don't you move to America with him and do us all a favor? name drop? what name drop? I mentioned my father, and that is name dropping? talk about laughable.

United-Clowgon
17-01-2010, 04:51 PM

You can't even aswer what we are saying properly. You going off subject talking about you how your dad sell satellite dishes, who gives a crap? You have in way try to back up what you said.

Just concede defeat boy, you knowledge about the sport is as big my young 7 year old brother.

Yeah, me and my mates have tickets for the home tie, should be good :)

excellent. :)

My Uncle tried getting tickets for the away game, they said they sold out because they only got given 4K. How lucky are you to get tickets?!? :(!!!

awww what a shame. :rolleyes:

Yeah you not liking the fact that some stuff isn't shown on TV is obviously clear proof that Real Madrid are a more popular team than Man U. Congrats.

brb being a Chelsea fan defending Man U, what is the world coming to

he's talking complete jargon.

leah
17-01-2010, 04:52 PM
awww what a shame. :rolleyes:

no im being serious how did you manage it?

Jack.Lfc
17-01-2010, 04:53 PM
Get tickets for what?

StefanWolves
17-01-2010, 04:57 PM
You can't even aswer what we are saying properly. You going off subject talking about you how your dad sell satellite dishes, who gives a crap? You have in way try to back up what you said.
This originally started as a ''Man u are bigger than Madrid!!'' argument, Jake started going off-topic by posting crap about how big they are in Asia, when that's not all that matters, I think If you actually read through the whole of the thread you will realise I have backed up most of what I have said, and have tried to stay on topic. But I've been brought off topic by an armchair fan who can't take being wrong.

Just concede defeat boy, you knowledge about the sport is as big my young 7 year old brother.
Laughable, again, I'm starting to gain stitch from all the laughing at posts that I have done in this thread. Don't patronise me, Emo boy. Me, admit defeat? I didn't know this was a battle, it's already been proven that Real Madrid is a bigger club. Patronising me again? wow, at this rate you'll probably be banned again before the end of the week.

Don't evny me because I have educated opinions on this discussion, I know far more about it than you do and have shown this throughout this thread, and to those just coming and reading it, I suggest you read the whole thread, Immenseman and Clowgon are truly out of their depth and can't take being wrong, can't take being proven wrong, and can't take their beloved Manchester United being smaller than Real Madrid.

Both delusional.

CHA!NGANG
17-01-2010, 05:06 PM
Why are most of you acting like idiots?

People are entitled to their own opinions. Somepeople think Madrid are the biggest team in the world which they are in some ways and the same with United so it's down to opinion. Is it just fanbase which dictates being the biggest club in the world? What about revenue made, stadium size, the history, the titles e/c/t.

To be honest there are 2-3 people in the sports section that just post solely to cause arguements and they're just acting stupidly. Also why do you all gang up on Leah like she has no right to post because she's a female. So what? She likes football so she is entitled to post her opinions too.

Some of you need to grow up a lot..

StefanWolves
17-01-2010, 05:09 PM

People are entitled to their own opinions. Somepeople think Madrid are the biggest team in the world which they are in some ways and the same with United so it's down to opinion. Is it just fanbase which dictates being the biggest club in the world? What about revenue made, stadium size, the history, the titles e/c/t.

To be honest there are 2-3 people in the sports section that just post solely to cause arguements and they're just acting stupidly. Also why do you all gang up on Leah like she has no right to post because she's a female. So what? She likes football so she is entitled to post her opinions too.

Thats what I am trying to drill into them, but they simply will not listen.

Immenseman
17-01-2010, 05:09 PM
This originally started as a ''Man u are bigger than Madrid!!'' argument, Jake started going off-topic by posting crap about how big they are in Asia, when that's not all that matters, I think If you actually read through the whole of the thread you will realise I have backed up most of what I have said, and have tried to stay on topic. But I've been brought off topic by an armchair fan who can't take being wrong.

Laughable, again, I'm starting to gain stitch from all the laughing at posts that I have done in this thread. Don't patronise me, Emo boy. Me, admit defeat? I didn't know this was a battle, it's already been proven that Real Madrid is a bigger club. Patronising me again? wow, at this rate you'll probably be banned again before the end of the week.

Don't evny me because I have educated opinions on this discussion, I know far more about it than you do and have shown this throughout this thread, and to those just coming and reading it, I suggest you read the whole thread, Immenseman and Clowgon are truly out of their depth and can't take being wrong, can't take being proven wrong, and can't take their beloved Manchester United being smaller than Real Madrid.

Both delusional.

I support York City... :S I've given you facts, you've given me your Dad.

leah
17-01-2010, 05:10 PM

lol thanks John, it's funny because I probably have more knowledge than a lot of them, not that they like to admit it. I rather enjoyed clowgon's apology PM the other day too!! :)

StefanWolves
17-01-2010, 05:13 PM
I support York City... :S I've given you facts, you've given me your Dad.
Another patronising post from another patronising Manchester United fan.

Go read the thread Jake. I laugh at how you always turn sarcastic when you know you have lost an argument. Go read the thread.

This says it all TBH:

Rank http://bits.wikimedia.org/skins-1.5/common/images/sort_none.gif (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbes%27_list_of_the_most_valuable_football_clubs #) Team http://bits.wikimedia.org/skins-1.5/common/images/sort_none.gif (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbes%27_list_of_the_most_valuable_football_clubs #) Country http://bits.wikimedia.org/skins-1.5/common/images/sort_none.gif (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbes%27_list_of_the_most_valuable_football_clubs #) Value ($m)[2] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbes%27_list_of_the_most_valuable_football_clubs #cite_note-value-1) http://bits.wikimedia.org/skins-1.5/common/images/sort_none.gif (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbes%27_list_of_the_most_valuable_football_clubs #) Debt as
%of value[3] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbes%27_list_of_the_most_valuable_football_clubs #cite_note-debt-2) http://bits.wikimedia.org/skins-1.5/common/images/sort_none.gif (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbes%27_list_of_the_most_valuable_football_clubs #) % change
on year http://bits.wikimedia.org/skins-1.5/common/images/sort_none.gif (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbes%27_list_of_the_most_valuable_football_clubs #) Revenue ($m) http://bits.wikimedia.org/skins-1.5/common/images/sort_none.gif (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbes%27_list_of_the_most_valuable_football_clubs #) Operating
income($m)[4] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbes%27_list_of_the_most_valuable_football_clubs #cite_note-income-3) http://bits.wikimedia.org/skins-1.5/common/images/sort_none.gif (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbes%27_list_of_the_most_valuable_football_clubs #) 1 Manchester United (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchester_United) http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/be/Flag_of_England.svg/22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/England) England (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_in_England) 1,870 54 4 512 160 2 Real Madrid (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_Madrid_C.F) http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/9a/Flag_of_Spain.svg/22px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spain) Spain (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_in_Spain) 1,353 23 5 576 81 3 Arsenal (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arsenal_F.C.) http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/be/Flag_of_England.svg/22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/England) England (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_in_England) 1,200 107 0 349 80 4 Bayern Munich (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Bayern_Munich) http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/ba/Flag_of_Germany.svg/22px-Flag_of_Germany.svg.png (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germany) Germany (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_in_Germany) 1,110 0 21 465 59 5 Liverpool F.C (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liverpool_F.C) http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/be/Flag_of_England.svg/22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/England) England (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_in_England) 1,010 59 -4 332 50 6 AC Milan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AC_Milan) http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/03/Flag_of_Italy.svg/22px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italy) Italy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_in_Italy) 990 0 24 330 58 7 FC Barcelona (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Barcelona) http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/9a/Flag_of_Spain.svg/22px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spain) Spain (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_in_Spain) 960 7 22 487 108 8 Chelsea (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chelsea_F.C.) http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/be/Flag_of_England.svg/22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/England) England (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_in_England) 800 92 5 424 -13 9 Juventus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juventus_F.C.) http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/03/Flag_of_Italy.svg/22px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italy) Italy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_in_Italy) 600 5 18 264 46 10 Schalke 04 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schalke_04) http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/ba/Flag_of_Germany.svg/22px-Flag_of_Germany.svg.png (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germany) Germany (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_in_Germany) 510 38 9 234 41

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbes%27_list_of_the_most_valuable_football_clubs

Convert to £s is roughly £1200, then take away you're £500m debt and your worth less than Chelsea.

Not to mention Real Madrid having a bigger fanbase and an unlimited amount of income.

leah
17-01-2010, 05:14 PM
Another patronising post from another patronising Manchester United fan.

Go read the thread Jake. I laugh at how you always turn sarcastic when you know you have lost an argument. Go read the thread.

This says it all TBH:

Rank http://bits.wikimedia.org/skins-1.5/common/images/sort_none.gif (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbes%27_list_of_the_most_valuable_football_clubs #) Team http://bits.wikimedia.org/skins-1.5/common/images/sort_none.gif (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbes%27_list_of_the_most_valuable_football_clubs #) Country http://bits.wikimedia.org/skins-1.5/common/images/sort_none.gif (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbes%27_list_of_the_most_valuable_football_clubs #) Value ($m)[2] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbes%27_list_of_the_most_valuable_football_clubs #cite_note-value-1) http://bits.wikimedia.org/skins-1.5/common/images/sort_none.gif (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbes%27_list_of_the_most_valuable_football_clubs #) Debt as
%of value[3] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbes%27_list_of_the_most_valuable_football_clubs #cite_note-debt-2) http://bits.wikimedia.org/skins-1.5/common/images/sort_none.gif (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbes%27_list_of_the_most_valuable_football_clubs #) % change
on year http://bits.wikimedia.org/skins-1.5/common/images/sort_none.gif (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbes%27_list_of_the_most_valuable_football_clubs #) Revenue ($m) http://bits.wikimedia.org/skins-1.5/common/images/sort_none.gif (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbes%27_list_of_the_most_valuable_football_clubs #) Operating
income($m)[4] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbes%27_list_of_the_most_valuable_football_clubs #cite_note-income-3) http://bits.wikimedia.org/skins-1.5/common/images/sort_none.gif (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbes%27_list_of_the_most_valuable_football_clubs #) 1 Manchester United (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchester_United) http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/be/Flag_of_England.svg/22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/England) England (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_in_England) 1,870 54 4 512 160 2 Real Madrid (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_Madrid_C.F) http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/9a/Flag_of_Spain.svg/22px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spain) Spain (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_in_Spain) 1,353 23 5 576 81 3 Arsenal (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arsenal_F.C.) http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/be/Flag_of_England.svg/22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/England) England (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_in_England) 1,200 107 0 349 80 4 Bayern Munich (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Bayern_Munich) http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/ba/Flag_of_Germany.svg/22px-Flag_of_Germany.svg.png (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germany) Germany (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_in_Germany) 1,110 0 21 465 59 5 Liverpool F.C (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liverpool_F.C) http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/be/Flag_of_England.svg/22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/England) England (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_in_England) 1,010 59 -4 332 50 6 AC Milan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AC_Milan) http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/03/Flag_of_Italy.svg/22px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italy) Italy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_in_Italy) 990 0 24 330 58 7 FC Barcelona (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Barcelona) http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/9a/Flag_of_Spain.svg/22px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spain) Spain (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_in_Spain) 960 7 22 487 108 8 Chelsea (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chelsea_F.C.) http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/be/Flag_of_England.svg/22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/England) England (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_in_England) 800 92 5 424 -13 9 Juventus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juventus_F.C.) http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/03/Flag_of_Italy.svg/22px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italy) Italy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_in_Italy) 600 5 18 264 46 10 Schalke 04 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schalke_04) http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/ba/Flag_of_Germany.svg/22px-Flag_of_Germany.svg.png (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germany) Germany (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_in_Germany) 510 38 9 234 41

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbes%27_list_of_the_most_valuable_football_clubs

Convert to £s is roughly £1200, then take away you're £500m debt and your worth less than Chelsea.

Not to mention Real Madrid having a bigger fanbase and an unlimited amount of income.
the way thats set out its hard to understand :(

United-Clowgon
17-01-2010, 05:14 PM
no im being serious how did you manage it?

My mum is related to Johnny Evans mum, he managed to get me some tickets. I had JE number in my phone.

Get tickets for what?

City game Jack.

Both delusional.

Jack is right actually, at least he has sense. Where you, are naive you think you know everything, you think what you say is right where in fact hardly anything is.

You have provided nothing, to what you say is in fact true.

And i'm not a emo fgs, what's with you and emo's?

*REMOVED*

Edited by invincible (Forum Super Moderator): If you have a complaint about another forum member please PM a Super Moderator or post in "Serious Rule Breaking"

leah
17-01-2010, 05:16 PM
My mum is related to Johnny Evans mum, he managed to get me some tickets. I had JE number in my phone.

what's funny is there was actually 9k tickets allocated, not 4k, if you were actually going you'd know that. gutted. :eusa_danc

StefanWolves
17-01-2010, 05:16 PM
I think you should leave the moderating to the moderators, Boyo.

Its a coincidence, really, I have gathered enough patronising and abusive posts of yours that I am about to send to a senior member of staff to maybe get your removed from this forum again.

It's not a coincidence that I have only got 1 infraction in the past four months, my freind. :)

I like that Leahh, how funny! :)

LOL CLOWGON, BAN ME ON WHAT GROUNDS? speaking sense, speaking the truth? good luck with that. ;)

Jack.Lfc
17-01-2010, 05:22 PM

Is right, I have Dani aggers number in my phone.

Titch
17-01-2010, 05:24 PM
Will reply seriously to posts in a sec, but had to get in on this one! Made me lol.

Iv got rooney's number if any1 wants it?

StefanWolves
17-01-2010, 05:24 PM
I'm on the phone too Sylvan Ebanks-Blake yea ;)

leah
17-01-2010, 05:26 PM
Might ring up beckford ina sec... show him my appreciation for him staying at leeds if you know what I mean ;)!

StefanWolves
17-01-2010, 05:26 PM
I'm ranting at SEB telling him to score a ******* goal for once

leah
17-01-2010, 05:28 PM
brb guys gonna prank sir alex, my dad's friend's sister's mum's boyfriend went to school with him

Jibbish
17-01-2010, 05:28 PM
im goin to leave oneil a voicemail telling him to actually use his subs :)

StefanWolves
17-01-2010, 05:30 PM
brb guys gonna prank sir alex, my dad's friend's sister's mum's boyfriend went to school with him
i lold hard irl

leah
17-01-2010, 05:30 PM
n'aww guys i feel so accepted by you all for once ;l this is a happy day

gonna go crack a bottle of champaigne open with billy bremner

oh.

StefanWolves
17-01-2010, 05:32 PM
we should have a party ill invite SEB?

leah
17-01-2010, 05:33 PM
we should have a party ill invite SEB?

party on habbo or should we all go to Old Trafford, might see clowgon there? :eusa_danc

Immenseman
17-01-2010, 05:33 PM
LMAO, did someone just use wikipedia as their source?

This has made my day.

StefanWolves
17-01-2010, 05:34 PM

This has made my day.
Its actually a very respected report, you watch SSN a lot, being an armchair fan and all, you should be used to their yearly reports? it just so happened that when I googled the report that was the first link that popped up.

I don't play Habbo its for gayz

Jack.Lfc
17-01-2010, 05:35 PM
http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2006/08/30/300_hpsauce,0.jpg

Titch
party on habbo or should we all go to Old Trafford, might see clowgon there? :eusa_danc

This has made my day.

-edits wikipedia to say Margate FC are number 1 in world and making 500000000000 million a year profit-

iAdam
Right, back on topic.

Some middle east business/person will buy it most probs.

Immenseman
17-01-2010, 05:38 PM
Its actually a very respected report, you watch SSN a lot, being an armchair fan and all, you should be used to their yearly reports? it just so happened that when I googled the report that was the first link that popped up.

I don't play Habbo its for gayz
In all seriousness I support the best team in the Championship and have watched them numerous times this season. I'll see you at Home Park net year, yeah. I can't believe you used Wikipedia after going on about how educated you are. Classic.

StefanWolves
17-01-2010, 05:44 PM
In all seriousness I support the best team in the Championship and have watched them numerous times this season. I'll see you at Home Park net year, yeah. I can't believe you used Wikipedia after going on about how educated you are. Classic.

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2009/34/soccer-values-09_Soccer-Team-Valuations_Value.html (http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/interactive/2009/mar/11/the-forbes-rich-list)
- your $800m debt

Really surprised a glory hunter armchair fan like you didn't see it on SSN.

As iAdam said stay on topic.

Good boy. :)

AgnesIO
17-01-2010, 06:25 PM
Oh zip up. Stop trying to start arguments.

Last time I checked £800 million like you said it is worth, is not 1.2 billion. Please say where you got your first figure from :rolleyes:

1) to leah, manchester united is the biggest club in the world - FACT becuase it has the largest about of supporters - FACT

2) if they buy the club they will be buying the club WITH the debt attached, so 1.2 billion would INCLUDE the debt, not the debt ontop on it. (so they would pay of debt and glazers would then get the remanding money).

********. You have just talked ********. The largest amount of REGISTERED supporters (e.g. real supporters) is for the Portuguese club SL Benfica - sorry :rolleyes:

United-Clowgon
17-01-2010, 06:42 PM
Last time I checked £800 million like you said it is worth, is not 1.2 billion. Please say where you got your first figure from :rolleyes:

********. You have just talked ********. The largest amount of REGISTERED supporters (e.g. real supporters) is for the Portuguese club SL Benfica - sorry :rolleyes:

Don't come in the thread all guns blazing when you have clearly not read throughout this thread.

The moderation team have clearly said that they don't want no arguments here and the thread to go off topic anymore.

Stop trying to cause more potential arguments for goodness sakes.

AgnesIO
17-01-2010, 06:45 PM
Don't come in the thread all guns blazing when you have clearly not read throughout this thread.

The moderation team have clearly said that they don't want no arguments here and the thread to go off topic anymore.

Stop trying to cause more potential arguments for goodness sakes.

Correct I haven't read the whole thread, since I have a life and had better things to do than read your trashy posts.

I am not trying to cause arguements, I am telling the truth. Man United does not have the worlds biggest fanbase (as Titch tried to claim).

And you twisted the truth in the first place with your claim of 1.2 billion :l

Browney
17-01-2010, 08:56 PM

United's support is tougher to measure. Incredible support in Asia, Africa and even the Caribbean.

AgnesIO
17-01-2010, 09:31 PM
United's support is tougher to measure. Incredible support in Asia, Africa and even the Caribbean.

It is no harder to measure.

Fans are based on if they are registered. You cannot call yourself a fan otherwise xx

Browney
17-01-2010, 09:39 PM
:lol::lol::lol:

Edited by invincible (Forum Super Moderator): Please don't post pointlessly

AgnesIO
17-01-2010, 09:48 PM
Very constructive post there. Sorry bud but that's how fans are counted. By true fans, not losers that have bought the odd shirt in their life times.

Jack.Lfc
17-01-2010, 10:41 PM
IM NOT REGISTERED :'(

StefanWolves
17-01-2010, 10:42 PM
You're a season ticket holder you divvy :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!