PDA

View Full Version : Your children and their education...

Immenseman
17-01-2010, 03:55 PM
Basically when you have children where do you want them to be educated? Public/private schools? Comprehensive? Home educated? Grammar? Or whatever else there is :)

dirrty
17-01-2010, 04:01 PM
i'd move into the catchment area for them to go to the top comprehensive schools in my city. well thats what my mum did anyway and it worked out fine for me. but i wouldn't go private as they're just too expensive (unless i was rich yh).

luce
17-01-2010, 05:13 PM
Well on guernsey its different we still have 11+ so if i lived here when i'm older i would send them to best primary which i went too and then hope they passed to the grammar school here like me then they could continue through that sixth form and get a levels and move onto uni or work.

In guernsey i wouldn't pay for them to go to the private schools here as i don't agree with them because even our comp schools are good. The 11+ generally means that you go to the right level of education for you :)!

if i lived in england i would go private because the public school i had to attend for a week in england repulsed me. But that was in birmingham however my uncle is a head teacher in Cornwall and has been in dudley before that and he said they're not much better.

Bun
17-01-2010, 05:34 PM
defos a comprehensive school but push them. i wouldn't want them growing up thinking their gods gift and make sure they are in tune with society.

FlyingJesus
17-01-2010, 05:39 PM
If I was fully rich then a private school because it is a better education obviously, but otherwise I wouldn't put them through being "the poor kids" at such a place as I've heard happen to plenty of people who've gone to public schools. I'd look more toward social reputation of a place than educational, seeing as how being my offspring they'll be gifted anyway and I'd rather they be comfortable in their school life like I was than go somewhere unpleasant. I'd push them to be great but let them know when they've achieved well rather than just expecting it and berating them when they don't - my parents are fantastic but not often praiseworthy of me and I'm lazy as you get now because there's never been a reason for me to want to do well, so I'd rather not have my children go that way.

MrGazet
17-01-2010, 05:42 PM
I don't know actually. Isn't it too early to talk bout this? :O

Immenseman
17-01-2010, 05:55 PM
Never too early. I'd prefer mine to go to Grammar/Private because it'll give them a better chance as far as I'm concerned. I won't let them become neglected from the realities of other peoples lives because no matter how much or little I earn they won't be spoilt. I've lived on a council estate/rented housing for most of my life up until now, my children will be bought up like I have :) Just because now my Dad has a nice 6 bed country house and I'd be called middle class or whatever I won't forget the past.

hah
17-01-2010, 06:17 PM
Well on guernsey its different we still have 11+ so if i lived here when i'm older i would send them to best primary which i went too and then hope they passed to the grammar school here like me then they could continue through that sixth form and get a levels and move onto uni or work.

In guernsey i wouldn't pay for them to go to the private schools here as i don't agree with them because even our comp schools are good. The 11+ generally means that you go to the right level of education for you :)!

if i lived in england i would go private because the public school i had to attend for a week in england repulsed me. But that was in birmingham however my uncle is a head teacher in Cornwall and has been in dudley before that and he said they're not much better.

pot. kettle. black

you had a go at someone last week for doing what you did just there lol

I would send them to normal schools, If i was rich i would obv send them to private school tho

Alkaz
17-01-2010, 06:20 PM
Id want my children to go to the best schools where ever I lived. I wouldnt want them to go to a private school as I feel there is nothing wrong with public education if you get the right school. I would like them to go to a grammar but again I think thats a bit elitest which I dont realy like but that would be a decision they would have to take themself. My dads friend offered to put my brothers/sister and myselfs children through private education untill the age of 18 (law) or have it in a trust fund, I would like to think I would keep it in a fund for them.

Nixt
17-01-2010, 06:26 PM
The issue of having children is an awkward one for me, for obvious reasons. A deciding factor in whether I choose to have children will be whether I am financially secure enough to give them a private education. I will not have children unless I am able to do that.

FlyingJesus
17-01-2010, 06:28 PM
tip: in England and Wales "public school" is the same as "private school" for some reason. I believe it's supposed to mean owned by the public rather than open to the public

AlexOC
17-01-2010, 06:31 PM
I would never home teach my kids, never, if they got touch by a tutor they would never meet friends and develop a social awareness.

Just send them to a nice public primary/secondary. But if the little **** starts misbehaving hes going to Boarding school.

Alkaz
17-01-2010, 06:31 PM
How typical of the private education system pfft hehe. I meant state run/owned school soz boys xox.

kk.
17-01-2010, 06:34 PM
if i could afford it, private school i think

Immenseman
17-01-2010, 06:35 PM
I would never home teach my kids, never, if they got touch by a tutor they would never meet friends and develop a social awareness.

Just send them to a nice public primary/secondary. But if the little **** starts misbehaving hes going to Boarding school.
LMAO, you mean you got a dentention?!?! THAT'S IT. boarding for you.

FlyingJesus
17-01-2010, 06:39 PM
if they got touch by a tutor they would never meet friends and develop a social awareness.

Mmmm getting touched by tutors

AlexOC
17-01-2010, 07:01 PM
Mmmm getting touched by tutors

i meant tought, i meant TOUGHT!!!!

FlyingJesus
17-01-2010, 07:02 PM
I bet you didn't, bet you meant taught.

kk.
17-01-2010, 07:03 PM
i actually think you meant taught

damn you tom ;l

AlexOC
17-01-2010, 07:05 PM

Thats gov. education for you.

They're going private!!

Immenseman
17-01-2010, 07:07 PM

Thats gov. education for you.

They're going private!!
you've made me laugh out loud 3 times today

that has never been done before +rep

AlexOC
17-01-2010, 07:12 PM
you've made me laugh out loud 3 times today

that has never been done before +rep

:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Woop.

TaffTalk
18-01-2010, 04:35 PM
Nah I'm never going to have children. I have two sisters so they can keep my parents happy in terms of grand children. I'm just going to travel the world in my VW Camper.
If by some mistake, and lack of rubber, I end up with a child I'm raising them in Jamaica.

Beer Can in a Jamaican accent sounds like Bacon.

clueless
22-01-2010, 01:53 PM
i wouldnt send my kids to private school, probs just a normal comprehensive or maybe a steiner school

Black_Apalachi
22-01-2010, 02:10 PM
... my parents are fantastic but not often praiseworthy of me and I'm lazy as you get now because there's never been a reason for me to want to do well, so I'd rather not have my children go that way.

I think I'm exactly the same, never thought about it like that before though!

Fgs I always get mixed up with which is which. I'd just put them in a normal one... you know what I mean lol. Same as I went to.

Sharon
25-01-2010, 09:22 PM
I have my future mapped out and I plan to send them all to Grammar, since ma mum didnt av enuf money to pay 10 grand a year for me coz I passed the 11+ test making me miss out my full potential I'll make sure my kids get to.

Caution
25-01-2010, 09:26 PM
I'd want my kids to go to a state school. I would want them to integrate with all types of people and wouldn't want them becoming illusioned that life is perfect in a state school.

Okeanos
27-01-2010, 02:49 AM
an international school. maybe even the lycée français charles de guall if i lived in london and could afford it.

CrazyColaist
28-01-2010, 10:46 PM
Normal school etc, just if the teacher sets them any mymaths hw ill just tell them to bugger off.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!