PDA

View Full Version : AS Media Coursework Help

Arron
19-01-2010, 06:19 PM
Hiya

We've currently been doing coursework for the past two weeks, for the piece, there was 5 options to choose from and I picked Option 4. This task includes:

Pre-Production - Write a script or design a storyboard for the opening scene of your Crime series drama.

For this, I chose to do a storyboard. With the storyboard you get 5 sheets of papers to design for your opening scene. My idea for the very first part of the Crime drama is to have a flash back of a terrible incident where the main character's mum gets stabbed in the heart after coming to the aid of an innocent man who was being mugged by youths, as she dialled 999 for help, the youths quickly attacked her and left her for dead, as the other innocent man lay battered and bruised, helpless.

Now I suck at drawing, how could I possibly translate this into images? Will I be best off doing a script - if I know how to construct it? Also I'd like opinions on what you think of the opening scene.

The Production includes creating a poster and a DVD cover as well as a 1500 word report. For the poster, I need ideas for the main image, also I need to start learning how to use photoshop for effects.

I really do not want to fail this, and would really really appreciate help.

Misawa
19-01-2010, 07:23 PM
You should have just PMed me.

If you can't draw, don't go for a storyboard, simple as.

Your teacher should have taught you the basics of writing a script. Your teacher won't have much of a knowledge of screenwriting in the first place beyond being able to give you the basics.

dirrty
19-01-2010, 07:28 PM
if you can't draw then there's always stick men...lol. ask your teacher how detailed they have to be. when i did storyboards they didn't have to be detailed, just quite brief picture with some information about the shot on it.

Charlottay!
19-01-2010, 10:58 PM
Im doin the option where you have to do an advertisement campaign. got to make a poster, flyer and full cd cover. That 1500 word thing is gonna be naff. completed the first 500 words so far.

But yea go for the script writing. your more likely to get help with that than storyboards

Nicola
20-01-2010, 02:48 PM
It doesn't really matter if you can't draw, just as long as you can tell what's going on in each shot. You can always write small descriptions on what's happening underneath each shot but if you feel more confident in writing a script then that's probably your best option.

Having photoshop at home will help you a lot so you can spend time outside of class getting used to it and trying out the different effects. It's not actually that hard learning how to use it, just mess around with each of the tools to see exactly what they do. If there's a certain effect that you want to achieve you should ask your teacher how to do it or have a look around for some tutorials, they'll be plenty online.

Smits
20-01-2010, 03:29 PM
Being a good drawer doesnt matter. The main thing is you can tell what is going on in each shot, and the the proportions are right. I.E If, the guy in the storyboard, takes up as much as the frame as he will when you film it.

Misawa
20-01-2010, 04:03 PM
He PMed me and it was sorted.

Arron
21-01-2010, 03:13 PM
Yeah, thanks Misawa.

I'm on the 3rd page of my script now, the first draft has to be in for 3:00pm tomorrow. I'll post it if I feel comfortable with it :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!