PDA

View Full Version : Money Making Profit / School

KyleSmith
22-01-2010, 03:37 PM
In a month or so me and my Friends are in a business club called Make your mark club. And coming up is an event where we see how much profit we can make out of a Ten quid. The business dept teachers said to the Make your mark team vs the business teachers.agreededed but we dont know any money making ideas. And cannot sell food. Thanks

dbgtz
22-01-2010, 04:11 PM
This is basically young enterprise? But I think I done this once before but not like properly entered, our business teacher was just seeing our ideas (and killing time).

Your best off doing proper marketing into it but the best bet would be selling sweets and that cheaply in school.

Ardemax
23-01-2010, 11:35 PM
What kind of business group are you if you don't know any money-making techniques?!!?!?

Ok don't worry.

Firstly :- buy stuff in bulk, then sell for profit.

Like if you sell jam sandwiches at say 50p a jam sandwich. You have to buy the bread, butter and jam which say costs £3. You could make 10 jam sandwiches that would give you a profit of £2.

Do this with something like stationery and you're rolling.

dirrty
23-01-2010, 11:38 PM
selling food is always a winner. we sold candy canes at christmas for fundraising, 50p each or 3 for a quid. considering a pack of 20 cost around 2 quid, we made our budget back straight away lol.

Geraint
23-01-2010, 11:40 PM
****. buy a pack of £20 and sell them for 50p or even a £1 in some cases. there'd be plenty of takers in my school.

KyleSmith
24-01-2010, 12:39 AM
Were not allowed to sell food in school because were a 'Healthy School'

No stationary because no one cares about it :(

I know how to sell and the things building up to the profit just that i duno what to sell.

Coldplay
25-01-2010, 05:48 PM
Nice Young Enterprise rip-off..

We sold sweets at christmas for YE. Do that. Wholesale sweets are bare cheap.

Sharon
25-01-2010, 06:25 PM
Experts advice.. Yeah me - Shazzy. I say maybe go for the stationary I've done this before.. Bit of a difference though.. You have a tenner I had a grand. I did T-Shrits with your picture on.. Didn't even come first.. The winning idea was ''Teddy Bears'' PATHETIC...

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!