PDA

View Full Version : Most memorable game you've been to?

TickTockTickTock
23-01-2010, 02:58 PM
Mines most probably Hamburg, the atmosphere was electric! Last Tuesday was good too however I think this is going to be the big one of my life...

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/1975/13526196.png

leah
23-01-2010, 03:15 PM
Leeds united 1 - 1 Chelsea

Went when I was 12, it was at Elland Road. Was just after chelsea bought all their new players and Leeds were on their way to relegation. Everyone expected Leeds to lose but we got the first goal, Pennant scored and then Crespo equalised for chelsea :)

Jack.Lfc
23-01-2010, 03:33 PM
http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/ab119/jacklfc456/Away%20Days/dbcdcdaf.jpg

P.s i dont know why i have scribbled stuff out.

adaym
23-01-2010, 03:40 PM
25th May 2008.

luce
23-01-2010, 04:54 PM
for the score was wolves v Lestier(Sp) last time they were in the PL Wolves 3-0 down at half time and they came back to 4-3 i only went because my mates wanted to - my first ever football match.

For Manchester United was away at City a couple years back when we lost 1-0 but the atmosphere was intense :)

BlessedUK
23-01-2010, 05:01 PM
for the score was wolves v Lestier(Sp) last time they were in the PL Wolves 3-0 down at half time and they came back to 4-3 i only went because my mates wanted to - my first ever football match.

You totally just stole mine :(

5 lads next to me left at half time, gutted for them.

My other two super memorable ones were last time Wolves were in the Premiership, 1-0 against Manchester United om nom nom.

And a few years ago, when we were in Championship, and beat Newcastle United 3-0 in the FA Cup, back when Paul Ince was our captain D:

Jack.Lfc
23-01-2010, 05:13 PM
Im looking forward to wolves on tuesday, front row and all.

iAdam
23-01-2010, 05:15 PM
Forest and Preston North End, it was snowing, everyone was talking, good moods, good atmosphere, 3-1. 'nuff said.

Convinced me to get my season ticket.

StefanWolves
23-01-2010, 05:26 PM
for the score was wolves v Lestier(Sp) last time they were in the PL Wolves 3-0 down at half time and they came back to 4-3 i only went because my mates wanted to - my first ever football match

My other two super memorable ones were last time Wolves were in the Premiership, 1-0 against Manchester United om nom nom.
These + the play off final at Cardiff, will always remember that day.

Im looking forward to wolves on tuesday, front row and all.
So you should be Jacky boy. ;)

Eoin
23-01-2010, 05:34 PM
Old firm derby april 2008, unbelievable atmosphere.
Then this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVLXW7-IscQ) happened and parkhead just erupted like a green and white volcano haha
Best game ive ever been to like.

untrustus
23-01-2010, 06:03 PM
luton 3-5 liverpool in the FA cup about 4/5 years ago.
the perfect game, despite the result. atmosphere, football, everything was spot on.

AlexOC
23-01-2010, 06:12 PM
City 2 - 1 Hamburg

Amazing game, amazing atmosphere and i had a flag :D

Geraint
23-01-2010, 07:05 PM
Middlesbrough 0-2 Cardiff - Ah, the memories.
Went to the FA Cup final which wasn't the best but it was memorable

Just fancied mentioning Cardiff 2-1 Leeds aswell.

adaym
23-01-2010, 07:18 PM
Middlesbrough 0-2 Cardiff - Ah, the memories.
Went to the FA Cup final which wasn't the best but it was memorable

Just fancied mentioning Cardiff 2-1 Leeds aswell.
ledley's beuaty.

Geraint
23-01-2010, 07:20 PM
ledley's beuaty.

against Barnsley in the semi?

felt weird that game, just isn't up there for me. i don't know why. probably due to the opposition.

Andys
23-01-2010, 07:22 PM
probably the tyne wear derby last year.
what an atmosphere.

Grainger@CUFC
23-01-2010, 07:23 PM
25th May 2008.
:D

For me, there's been quite a few, but the best was probably our play-off semi final second leg in the Conference

Carlisle 2-1 Aldershot (aet) and we won on penalties after being 3-1 down in the shootout. That set up the final against Stevenage, another good game. Then the rest, as they say, is history, that basically set us up to put us in the position we are now :)

Jibbish
23-01-2010, 07:24 PM
aston villa 5 - 1 birmingham - the atmosphere and football was just simply brilliant
aston villa 6 - 4 blackburn - first semi final i've been to, and bloomin hell it was amazing both in terms of support and the entertainment on the pitch

Geraint
23-01-2010, 07:26 PM
:D

For me, there's been quite a few, but the best was probably our play-off semi final second leg in the Conference

Carlisle 2-1 Aldershot (aet) and we won on penalties after being 3-1 down in the shootout. That set up the final against Stevenage, another good game. Then the rest, as they say, is history, that basically set us up to put us in the position we are now :)

what about Jimmy Glass?

Grainger@CUFC
23-01-2010, 07:27 PM
what about Jimmy Glass?

That was just one moment, it wasn't a memorable game. Well, in my opinion it wasn't.

luce
23-01-2010, 08:40 PM
You totally just stole mine :(

5 lads next to me left at half time, gutted for them.

And a few years ago, when we were in Championship, and beat Newcastle United 3-0 in the FA Cup, back when Paul Ince was our captain D:

Yeah the fam in front of me left and we were like we have nothing better to do lets stay here it was that or merry hill LOL!

Also how could i forget the CC final last year o wait it was a **** match probably why!!

Mexel
23-01-2010, 09:38 PM
Its hard between these 6!
Liverpool in the Worthington Cup final (lost on penalties) (Liverpool were doing well in the prem and we were just a normal team in Division 1)

Liverpool in Fa cup (Lost 7-0 at home)

Ipswich at home in the Worthington cup semis (won 4-0) (Ipswich doing well in prem we were a normal Division 1 team!)

Newcastle at home in worthington cup (won 2-1) Same reason at Ipswich and Liverpool cba to write again!)

Villa at home (won 3-0) best derby ever for obvios reasons to do with Enckelman and was first blues villa game in like 20 years or somthing stupid like that.

Play off final beat Norwich on pens to bring us to the prem for the first time in our history!

BlessedUK
24-01-2010, 10:50 AM
Yeah the fam in front of me left and we were like we have nothing better to do lets stay here it was that or merry hill LOL!

I think that sums up Merry Hill quite well lol.

:)

Bun
24-01-2010, 10:54 AM
Hmm...

Arsenal in the cup semi-final at OT - my first ever proper Boro game, in the second highest row of OT :(. We lost 1-0 to an own goal by Festa but put on a good show.

Basle 2nd leg, quarter final of the UEFA cup - we lost the 1st leg 2-0 away and they got an early goal so we were 3-0 on aggregate. Brought it back to 4-3 with Maccarone scoring in the last minute.

Steau Bucharest 2nd leg, semi-final of the UEFA cup - we lost the 1st leg 1-0 and they got 2 early goals so again, we were down 3-0 on aggregate. Viduka got a goal back before half time but I still remember by dad telling me at half time. "Don't expect us to do the same as Basle.." I was like "Dad you're wrong, you'll see" and he did. Again Maccarone got the winning goal in the last minute, ecstasy.

The best though has to be... Bolton at the milenium stadium for the Carling Cup final 2004. Got 2 early goals and despite them pulling 1 back Boro won their first trophy in 128 of hurt, brilliant.

There are some other honourable mentions but cba atm, the atmosphere at those last 3 games was awesome.

Yeah i've been a lucky Boro fan, think i'm suffering for it now though.

Titch
24-01-2010, 12:08 PM
Man Utd vs Millwall FA cup final, was only young then and the fights after **** me up well bad LOL

alexxxxx
24-01-2010, 12:14 PM
derby v forest 1-1, we missed a penalty and had 2 goals disallowed in injury time. neither goal should have been disallowed.

though derby vs wba 2-2, was pretty good too.

Browney
24-01-2010, 02:22 PM
Beating Blackburn 2-1. Last match I'd ever watch with my brother.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!