PDA

View Full Version : £100 Million United Kity

United-Clowgon
01-02-2010, 07:59 PM
[/URL][URL="http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2833257/100million-United-kitty.html#comment-rig"] (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2833257/100million-United-kitty.html#comment-rig) MANCHESTER UNITED have £100million to spend on players and there are no problems with their debt.

That was the astonishing claim from chief executive David Gill, who clearly does not understand what everyone is worrying about.

While recent figures revealed the Glazers' ownership had resulted in a £716.5m debt for all things United, Gill says it is half that.

And while staff are denied tea and toast at the training ground, boss Alex Ferguson is sitting on a huge transfer kitty.

Asked if he still had the money from Cristiano Ronaldo's £80m sale, Gill said: "Without doubt. We used £15m to buy Antonio Valencia but we have well over £100m sitting in the bank."

And he called talk of a £716m debt "a misconception", adding: "As of Friday last week, we had £140m of cash in the group, so our net debt within the group is £360m."

I don't get it, so we don't have a debt of 716m - it's 360m?

Smits
01-02-2010, 08:02 PM
wasnt 500m raised througgh bonds.

Jack.Lfc
01-02-2010, 08:02 PM
Lies, its the same as Liverpool just tell the fans lies to keep down protests etc..

Immenseman
01-02-2010, 08:05 PM
well there is proof they had 35mil turned down for benzema so i guess there is money to spend but tbh fergie doesn't really need to strengthen.

United-Clowgon
01-02-2010, 08:15 PM
Well i hope it's true. 360m is not too bad compared to 700m. I think one or two world class additions to our squad and i don't think we'll need to buy anyone for another 2 years or so.

CHA!NGANG
01-02-2010, 08:28 PM
VDS will retire soon so you need another keeper, I think you need another RB. Apart from that I don't think you need anyone really. Maybe a creative midfielder.

Ardemax
01-02-2010, 08:30 PM
a lot like cardiff city

"nono, there's no debt" then everyone realised there was and most of the money raised went to the chairman

luce
01-02-2010, 09:29 PM
Once the De Silvas, Nani and Anderson play consistently amazing and Hargreaves(sp) can get back and not get injured i think we will be ok. Maybe another attacking mid, striker and back up to rooney and a central defender to back up ferdinand and vidic who may be old/leaving.

VDS may move on so why not get one of them from pompey they are going down/bust at the end of this season either of them will do for a season or so until we can get sorted. I would also be happy with K for a little bit maybe Foster if he for fills his potential :)

Jack.Lfc
01-02-2010, 09:33 PM
Once the De Silvas, Nani and Anderson play consistently amazing and Hargreaves(sp) can get back and not get injured i think we will be ok. Maybe another attacking mid, striker and back up to rooney and a central defender to back up ferdinand and vidic who may be old/leaving.

VDS may move on so why not get one of them from pompey they are going down/bust at the end of this season either of them will do for a season or so until we can get sorted. I would also be happy with K for a little bit maybe Foster if he for fills his potential :)

:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badg rin:

Immenseman
01-02-2010, 09:48 PM
I think Wes Brown is fine for RB and Rafael as cover. Will still have evans/ferdinand/vidic as CBs and smalling for next season.

StefanWolves
01-02-2010, 10:22 PM
Hahaha, that's 360m after they've sold their whole team. :)

United-Clowgon
01-02-2010, 10:55 PM
We could buy all the wolves players 50x over and still have money left!

Wesy wes barah has had a torrid season, his defensive performance against Leeds, Arsenal and a few others were really bad.

I think a decent defender, midfielder with a bit of flair and a striker like Rooney would be fantastic, a decent Goalkeeper as well. - Wish VAN DER MAN was a bit younger - He's been awesome!

StefanWolves
01-02-2010, 11:54 PM
Good luck paying for Kevin Doyle & Milijas 10x over... would cost you about £500m. That'd put you 1.2billion in debt. Well done.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!