PDA

View Full Version : Bye Fabregas? D:

Ardemax
03-02-2010, 03:58 PM
Found this one article:

Barcelona vice-president Alfons Godall is convinced Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas will return to the Nou Camp at some point in the future.
The Spain international progressed through the youth ranks at Barcelona before moving to London in 2003.
He has developed into one of the finest midfielders in world football under Arsene Wenger and has always stressed that he is committed to the Gunners.
However speculation over a return to Spain has never been far away despite the fact that Arsenal would fight hard to keep such an important player.
Real Madrid are understood to be interested in snapping up Fabregas but Godall expects him to end up at Barca.
Reports suggest the Catalan giants are planning a £40million summer swoop for the Spain international.
Godall, who hopes to succeed Joan Laporta as president, believes that even if Fabregas does not make the move at the end of this season he will one day return to Barcelona.
"Sooner or later Cesc will end up coming back," Godall said in The Sun.
"We are a club that can sign players because we are respected and solvent."
and then this

Cesc Fabregas reportedly decided after Sunday's defeat to Manchester United that he will return to Barcelona this summer.

Spanish newspaper El Mundo Deportivo claim - under a story headlined 'Bye Bye Arsenal' - that Fabregas has told friends that six seasons at Arsenal is enough and he will push through a transfer this summer.

They suggest that he will personally ensure he leaves this summer rather than leave the matter in the hands of his agent Darren Dein.

The major stumbling block will be the fee, with Barcelona willing to pay £35m and Arsenal looking for closer to £44m.

Fabregas was devastated after the defeat to Manchester United, saying: "I'm not going to lie to myself. Chelsea were better than us, Manchester United have been better than us.

"It's something we have to think about and make sure it doesn't happen again.

"We have to be positive. It's very easy to say we lost to Manchester United and to get down. That would be crazy. We have to be strong.

"I felt very well but when you find yourself 2-0 or 3-0 down, it's difficult.

"Even Lionel Messi would struggle to do anything."

Thoughts?

Jack.Lfc
03-02-2010, 04:04 PM
brb just posting every other rumor

Edited by Syko2006 (Forum Moderator): Please do not post pointlessly.

StefanWolves
03-02-2010, 04:13 PM
been coming for ages, been long coming tbh.

Immenseman
03-02-2010, 04:13 PM
i reckon he'll go this summer

CHA!NGANG
03-02-2010, 04:15 PM
I don't think it will happen.

A) It's a ploy used by each person running for elections at Barca, to prove that they can sign Fabregas but there is no proof.
B) Arsenal want around £45 Million. Barca wanna offer 35. Madrid 40. So he won't go for that.
C) It's all rumors and nothing is proof.

I don't doubt that he will go back to Barca one day because it will happen. But it will cost 45-50 Million and I'm guessing won't be for 2-3 seasons from now when Xavi gets older.

Jack.Lfc
03-02-2010, 04:18 PM
Barca will sign mascherano in the summer

Immenseman
03-02-2010, 04:20 PM
and wayne rooney and lampard

TickTockTickTock
03-02-2010, 04:23 PM
And SWP.

Smits
03-02-2010, 04:43 PM
He'll go, but not in the summer. He's too good at arsenal.

Ardemax
03-02-2010, 04:50 PM
brb just posting every other rumor

Edited by Syko2006 (Forum Moderator): Please do not post pointlessly.

what kind of idiotic post is that? -rep

there's articles on it, THEREFORE I thought I should post it

there's been rumours like this before..

TickTockTickTock
03-02-2010, 04:54 PM
what kind of idiotic post is that? -rep

there's articles on it, THEREFORE I thought I should post it

there's been rumours like this before..
And yet he's still at Arsenal...

Ardemax
03-02-2010, 04:57 PM
And yet he's still at Arsenal...

I didn't mean this exact rumour

as in theres been rumours before like this

TickTockTickTock
03-02-2010, 04:59 PM
I didn't mean this exact rumour

as in theres been rumours before like this
Like what? Fabregas leaving?

Browney
03-02-2010, 05:08 PM
He'll leave eventually, be it in one year or five.

Pix
03-02-2010, 05:15 PM
Fabregas's leave won't affect arsenal imo

TickTockTickTock
03-02-2010, 05:16 PM
You kidding yer?

Jack.Lfc
03-02-2010, 05:19 PM

Are you joking?

(yn)

Pix
03-02-2010, 05:25 PM
Think about it, they all said the same for ronaldo leaving manchester united but manu is doing pretty good

TickTockTickTock
03-02-2010, 05:28 PM
Think about it, they all said the same for ronaldo leaving manchester united but manu is doing pretty good
Two totally different teams... VP isn't the type of player to carry a team, Rooney has the qualities to do so.

Pix
03-02-2010, 05:33 PM
Two totally different teams... VP isn't the type of player to carry a team, Rooney has the qualities to do so.

If arsenal win back Van persie, Arshavin and Eduardo and bring them up to top form there would be no need for fabregas.

Ardemax
03-02-2010, 05:34 PM
Arsenal will struggle without Fabregas to start with, however with young stars like Ramsey coming through, I see a good future for the club.

CHA!NGANG
03-02-2010, 05:42 PM
Without Fabregas, we won't have anyone to link the play up. If we get RVP and Arshavin back on form and Nasri develops a bit more we will have enough attack to cover the goals that Fab scores, but we won't have a leader, and we won't have someone to string the play together. If we do sell Fab then I think AW will invest in a big player to compensate. If we don't replace him, then our midfield will be very very weak and to be honest, Song, Denilson, Ramsey and Diaby aren't ready yet to be the middle 3 and we need someone in there to be the driving force like Fabregas is now.

adaym
03-02-2010, 09:57 PM
Unless there's Higuain and £50m involved they won't get him. It's their own fault for letting him go in the first place.

CHA!NGANG
03-02-2010, 10:26 PM
Unless there's Higuain and £50m involved they won't get him. It's their own fault for letting him go in the first place.

You talking about Madrid or Barca? lol

adaym
03-02-2010, 10:42 PM
No idea. Got confused.

Anyway, he's contracted until 2014 so he's buggerd.

Black_Apalachi
03-02-2010, 10:47 PM
The line that says the recent defeat to Man United is the reason for his decision just screams 'paper talk' at me. Big footballing decisions shouldn't be made based on the outcome of a single match and I'm sure someone like Fabregas knows this.

leah
03-02-2010, 11:18 PM
he best not go, he's gorgeous.

Black_Apalachi
04-02-2010, 01:30 AM
he best not go, he's gorgeous.

I thought this was the Terry thread for a second then and I was like whaaa! +o( But Fabregas looks like Zachary Quinto (Sylar from Heroes) :L

http://kara.allthingsd.com/files/2008/02/sylar02edit.jpg

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!