PDA

View Full Version : College in america?

Madox
05-02-2010, 10:27 PM
so there is only a couple weeks left really 16 if im precise of my yr until i go sixform/college im really confused, my auntie really want me to go over to the usa and finish school there, which i want to because im tired of the life in London/Britain as a whole. i was wondering are there colleges there that do the same courses as uk? what will happen if i come back to uk after finished school? and are there any free colleges or are they all need payment? and how will i go about joining one in america?

dbgtz
05-02-2010, 11:28 PM
Colleges are universities in america? So yer.
Also doesn't it make sense to at least do college over here then study further in America if you wish? You only see people move countries for universities really because our education would be different to theirs so all your subjects could be conjambled.

Madox
05-02-2010, 11:45 PM
Colleges are universities in america? So yer.
Also doesn't it make sense to at least do college over here then study further in America if you wish? You only see people move countries for universities really because our education would be different to theirs so all your subjects could be conjambled.

thanks for advice mate, i wanted a fresh start after i finished school, thats why i want to move over there, im told ill be in grade 11, but i just want to see how a different lifestyle im tired of the routine London life just wanna experience something new :)

+Rep for advice

P.S im a fan of ms Gomez shes hot :P

dbgtz
06-02-2010, 12:07 AM
Hehe :P I understand what your getting at (somewhat) and hopefully you make the right choice.

LuketheDuke
07-02-2010, 06:31 PM
that needs research, if you move educational systems your likely to find that you wont be challenged as they generally work a year behind British standards.

Also make sure if you go to college your prepared to pay for it, international students looking at 8grand+ a semester.

going to america is a bit extreme for a fresh start lol?

chantellehugs
07-02-2010, 08:35 PM
This is what I want to do when I'm ready for university, I understand where you're coming from with a fresh start, America just seems perfect to me.
Anyway, I think you need to go online and look at the website for the college you want to attend, and it should have all the information, my mum keeps telling me that's what I need to do whenever I mention it, even though I'm only in year 10.
Good luck with it ;)

Invent
07-02-2010, 09:57 PM
Does your Auntie live in the USA? If not, how are you going to afford a decent place to live?

alexxxxx
07-02-2010, 11:11 PM
if you are TRULY serious about this you might be able to do a year at college (as in 6th form college) through the ROTARY CLUB/ROTARY INTERNATIONAL.

Madox
10-02-2010, 09:42 PM
Thanks everyone for you replys, my Auntie dose live in the USA and im think about that rotary thing its should be a good experince :) Thanks guys +Rep to all if i can ;)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!