PDA

View Full Version : Student Exchange

ihatehash
07-02-2010, 08:10 AM
I really want to go on a student exchange to Europe or America but I have a bit of a problem, My Mum is in financial difficulties at the moment so she can't help me and my Dad just doesn't want me to go. So I have to fork it out myself. Does anyone know of any student exchange agencies that are quite cheap but still will give me a good experience of the culture of the country I go to? Also can anyone reccomend anywhere nice to go without having to learn the language?
Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it.

Black_Apalachi
07-02-2010, 09:14 AM
if I was planning on doing this the only thing I would think to do is ask my school for advice (assuming you're in school or sixth form or something like that?) Even now that I'm at uni, there are people back at school who I know would be prepared to help me

LuketheDuke
07-02-2010, 01:40 PM
Im currently waiting to hear whether ive been accepted for a student exchange program, although my university run everything not an independent company.

Im working all summer to pay some of the money back as its gonna cost about 7 grand, so all i can say is get a job and save save save!

danzooo
07-02-2010, 02:16 PM
I am unsure of an agency or anything to go to because I went with my school last year to a school in Virginia, it was soo good, really close to DC aswell, would definitely recommend anywhere in America tbh.

ihatehash
08-02-2010, 09:27 AM
I've gotten in touch with a NZ company that does exchanges as I don't feel my school can help me. We have been exchanging emails and they also offer scholarships so that would be good if i managed to get my hands on one.

Jordulti
15-02-2010, 06:37 AM
I would suggest Rotary, as I am going outbound to Taiwan in August 2010 for 11 months. But you said financial trouble, and Rotary requires money.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!