Group G: ENGLAND, Switzerland, Bulgaria, WALES, Montenegro

Group F: Croatia, Greece, Israel, Latvia, Georgia, Malta

Group E: Netherlands, Sweden, Finland, Hungary, Moldova, San Marino

Group D: France, Romania, Bosnia-Hercegovina, Belarus, Albania, Luxembourg

Group C: Italy, Serbia, NORTHERN IRELAND Slovenia, Estonia, Faroe Islands

Group B: Russia, Slovakia, REPUBLIC OF IRELAND, FYR Macedonia, Armenia, Andorra

Group A: Germany, Turkey, Austria, Belgium, Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan

Joy.

Edited by Catzsy (Forum Moderator): Thread closed due to arguments.

Charlottay!
07-02-2010, 11:56 AM
not a bad group to be fair :)

TickTockTickTock
07-02-2010, 12:28 PM
Group I: Spain, Czech Republic, SCOTLAND Lithuania, Liechtenstein

Group H: Portugal, Denmark, Norway, Cyprus, Iceland

Gotta be.

Tash.
07-02-2010, 12:30 PM
Not a bad group for England, Scotland are doomed though with Spain in there.

Geraint
07-02-2010, 12:32 PM
I think we can take the Swiss and the Bulgarians. Wary of Montenegro as they've already beaten us (:L) England game has to be at our ground, can't be at Mill Stad or we'll 100% lose. Don't know when this contract runs out though so could be there.

Bun
07-02-2010, 01:07 PM
Group I: Spain, Czech Republic, SCOTLAND Lithuania, Liechtenstein

Gotta be.
NI > Serbia? :O
Belgium > Turkey? :O

england's group seems alright.

CHA!NGANG
07-02-2010, 02:28 PM
Belgium have a very good team, better than Turkey. As for Northern Ireland not sure about that group.

Anyway, decent group but they all seem reasonably fair.

Browney
07-02-2010, 02:40 PM
My picks.
Group I: Spain, Czech Republic, SCOTLAND, Lithuania, Liechtenstein (Scotland have a good chance to be honest, they can beat Czech. Obviously Spain will merk this group.)

(Again, I wouldn't rule Wales out, they could sneak wins against the Swiss and the Bulgarians.)

(Holland should merk this.)

(I honestly don't rate Serbia.)

(The Irish can beat those jokers.

Belgium have a very good team, better than Turkey. As for Northern Ireland not sure about that group.

Anyway, decent group but they all seem reasonably fair.

Oh yeah? Mhmm... Ok, I just got off the phone from Algeria who are at WC2010 and they tell me apparently it's how you work as a team. Huh, who knew? :S:S;) Don't you remember the last Euro? Turkey pushed Germany hard.

CHA!NGANG
07-02-2010, 02:48 PM
Which was a good few years ago before the Belgium side developed more since then and the Turkey team haven't. I said they have a good team, I didn't say that they work better as a side. I think that Belgium have better players than Turkey, I can't comment on how they play because I've never seen them play.

COD said: Belgium > Turkey? :O

And im my opinion they are better than Turkey. Fair enough if you see differently but with the likes of Vermaelen, Van Buyten, Kompany, Fellaini, Witsel, Eden Hazard and Dembele I wouldn't put it past them to qualify.

Browney
07-02-2010, 05:38 PM
Which was a good few years ago before the Belgium side developed more since then and the Turkey team haven't. I said they have a good team, I didn't say that they work better as a side. I think that Belgium have better players than Turkey, I can't comment on how they play because I've never seen them play.

COD said: Belgium > Turkey? :O

And im my opinion they are better than Turkey. Fair enough if you see differently but with the likes of Vermaelen, Van Buyten, Kompany, Fellaini, Witsel, Eden Hazard and Dembele I wouldn't put it past them to qualify.

Yeah but, Turkey's core team is the same. A team that worked well can only bond over time. Well, neither am I but when you talk about teams, lets look at stats. Turkey are 42nd in the world. Belgium are 66th. Neither are world beaters, but if we assume every time a team pays well, they win, then Turkey have more chance of qualifying. But when you look into it deeper, you see that Belgium have dropped down the table like a rock. Early In '04, they were in the top 15. In '09, they were in the top 50. And, when you take into account all but 2 of them are below the age of 30 (roughly) you can't argue the case of an aging squad.

http://i49.tinypic.com/2ykx1qs.png

But, in Turkey's case, they have dropped down too, but only thanks to a disastrous WC qualifying campaign. Apart from that, they've averaged around the top 18 for the last 7 years. In June of last year they were in the top 12. Even though they dropped In September they were still 27th in the world. And, Turkey aren't really aging either. So I guess you could say there's no excuse for their form as of current but hey ho. But it's my belief that their form in the last few years has been due to their work as a team. Only two of their players play in the top 3 leagues in the world. And one of those is Tuncay. :L

(This post was created with the help of Google. :eusa_clap)

CHA!NGANG
07-02-2010, 05:47 PM
I'm confused :( Are you saying Belgium are better or Turkey? lol

Browney
07-02-2010, 06:13 PM
I'm confused :( Are you saying Belgium are better or Turkey? lol

Turkey blates! They've been better consistently and my whole point was that they have no star players and are still better than Belgium. I'm just fair in my posts. I can see what you're saying, Belgium, with young stars like Vermaelen and Fellaini could light up the euros butttt I think Turkey will win due to their teamwork.

Grainger@CUFC
07-02-2010, 06:20 PM
Decent draw, shouldn't be too many problems getting through. Loved how Craig Brown said Scotland have a "realistic chance" of getting through. I wouldn't be surprised if Liechtenstein got a result against them.

CHA!NGANG
07-02-2010, 06:50 PM
Scotland are in the hardest group lol.

And yeah I see what you mean about teamwork but it could go either way really. I think that Belgium will sneek it but Turkey could qualify, who knowssss!

Geraint
07-02-2010, 06:51 PM
Belgium were in Pot 4 :L They're not even that bad.

CHA!NGANG
07-02-2010, 06:59 PM
Belgium were in Pot 4 :L They're not even that bad.

I suppose that's because it's only now that there players are developing and they haven't been that good in the past. Most the players I listed are 23 or younger.

Geraint
07-02-2010, 07:04 PM
Yeah, they're a young team. Defour also who is about that age.

Bun
07-02-2010, 08:44 PM
turkey would rip belguim apart! :O

TickTockTickTock
07-02-2010, 09:42 PM
turkey would rip belguim apart! :O
They honestly wouldn't aha. Boyata could be decent by the time the tournament kicks off in all.

Geraint
07-02-2010, 09:46 PM
Just remembered that Turkey played Belgium in the qualifying for the World Cup. Just checked the scores and Belgium won the second 2-0 and the first was drawn 1-1. Turkey finished above Belgium however.

Black_Apalachi
08-02-2010, 03:06 AM
We should walk that! I reckon Ireland have a chance, Scotland a very slim maybe and as for Wales.. just lol

Geraint
08-02-2010, 07:13 PM
We should walk that! I reckon Ireland have a chance, Scotland a very slim maybe and as for Wales.. just lol

Wonder why you say that about Wales? Ah yes, you dislike me. Nice unbiased opinion.

StefanWolves
08-02-2010, 07:17 PM
Yeah but they haven't got a chance ;[

Browney
08-02-2010, 08:15 PM
They have. As long as they stay squeaky clean against the lesser sides, then fluke a result against the Swiss they're through. Wales are a young side, improving constantly so by the time the later qualification stages are on, they will have matured.

Geraint
08-02-2010, 08:29 PM
Switzerland are hardly world beaters. Luxembourg or similar beat them.

Eoin
08-02-2010, 08:31 PM
spain!? nightmare...

when do the first games get underway?

Black_Apalachi
09-02-2010, 08:19 AM
Wonder why you say that about Wales? Ah yes, you dislike me. Nice unbiased opinion.

What? :S:S:S Why the hell do you think I dislike you? :eusa_eh: Besides, do you represent the whole of Wales or something?! Get over yourself lol

Edited by Catzsy(Forum Moderator): Please do not make pointless posts. Thanks.

Bun
09-02-2010, 08:38 AM
switzerland are 18th in the world ain't they? i hope wales can get through but i'm not sure if it's all reality.

Cixso
10-02-2010, 08:52 AM

You are not the representation of Wales? :S

He speaks the truth in my eyes. Wales will be the biggest failures after Scotland imo.

Geraint
10-02-2010, 07:16 PM
And everyone on here isn't the representation of their own countries. It's clearly obvious.

Cixso
11-02-2010, 07:20 AM
And everyone on here isn't the representation of their own countries. It's clearly obvious.

You need to get a grip. Just because he hates you(?) does not mean he is going to insult you by saying Wales will pretty much be "lolable" which in all fairness, I'm sure you can agree, they probably will be. In all fairness I believe England will make the last 8-4 in the tourny, same with the world cup.

Black_Apalachi
11-02-2010, 12:33 PM
I don't even hate him though lol, don't have a clue where he got it from! Clearly he be doin' some hatin' though

e5
11-02-2010, 12:39 PM
Not bad for us :)! (England)

Geraint
11-02-2010, 06:20 PM
You need to get a grip. Just because he hates you(?) does not mean he is going to insult you by saying Wales will pretty much be "lolable" which in all fairness, I'm sure you can agree, they probably will be. In all fairness I believe England will make the last 8-4 in the tourny, same with the world cup.

yeah, and if I didn't like Jack for example I'd say bad things about Liverpool. hardly ******* rocket science is it.

I don't even hate him though lol, don't have a clue where he got it from! Clearly he be doin' some hatin' though

of course.

Cixso
12-02-2010, 07:06 AM
yeah, and if I didn't like Jack for example I'd say bad things about Liverpool. hardly ******* rocket science is it.

Then you'd need to "*******" grow up.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!