PDA

View Full Version : Ronaldo refuses to rule a move back to United

United-Clowgon
14-02-2010, 12:39 PM
CRISTIANO RONALDO has opened the door on a sensational return to Manchester United.

The 2008 World Player of the Year quit for Real Madrid in a mega £80million transfer last summer.

But in an exclusive News of the World interview, Ron admits he misses his Old Trafford "family" and refuses to rule out playing for United again.

"Of course I miss playing for Manchester United," admitted the Portuguese superstar.

"Not just the club but my friends are still there, too. I played there for six years and that's a long time. Whenever I have the opportunity, I watch them play.

"I am still interested in watching Manchester United and, you never know, maybe in the future I could return to play there. It's always possible."
Wayne Rooney has had to take on the challenge of replacing Ronaldo's amazing goalscoring record at Old Trafford.

And Ronaldo said: "I still speak to Wayne. When I have the opportunity I speak with him, with Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra. We talk about football and everything.

"Wayne has scored a lot of goals and he is the man at Manchester United at the moment. I am really, really happy for him because he has deserved it, because he has worked for it."

Ronaldo, 25, signed a six-year deal with the Spanish giants in the summer.

He added: "I will not say I am not happy here at Real Madrid.
"I am really happy and everyone knows this is my club but, of course, I miss Manchester United, the boss, the players, because I left family there.

"I want to fulfil my contract here but, in the future, only God knows."
Ronaldo scored twice in Real's 3-0 win at Xerez on Saturday night on his return to the side after suspension.

I mean, i can't envy the man for wanting to move to Real. He's always said that it was his dream to play for the Club.

A few fans hate him for moving but you can't hate him for that, he's helped us to win all those trophies when he was at the Club.

Would love to see him back at the Club though.

Andys
14-02-2010, 12:48 PM
lol at you

Edited by Bolt660 (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not post pointlessly.

CJW93
14-02-2010, 12:53 PM
Who needs the news of the world *REMOVED*

Edited by Bolt660 (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not insult other forum members.

United-Clowgon
14-02-2010, 01:04 PM
*Removed* . Not everything in NOTW is fake.

Edited by Caztsy(Forum Moderator): Please do not be rude to others. Thanks.

Black_Apalachi
14-02-2010, 01:10 PM
Hardly surprising? If you've been at any club for six years you're going to miss it. I don't think you know what envy means btw lol

Smits
14-02-2010, 01:11 PM
This is a ridiculous story. He wont go back.

United-Clowgon
14-02-2010, 01:17 PM
Hardly surprising? If you've been at any club for six years you're going to miss it. I don't think you know what envy means btw lol

Envy, doesn't it mean when you hate someone for what they did/have got? :S

This is a ridiculous story. He wont go back.

Yeah i doubt it either. But you never know.

Mexel
14-02-2010, 01:27 PM
I lold when i read this story. It wont happen.

Smits
14-02-2010, 01:49 PM
I think the only thing you can take from that is that ronaldo misses united and his mates there. Which goes without sayign anyway.

Jack.Lfc
14-02-2010, 02:30 PM
Whats he going to say? 'i hate manchester and most of all i hate the fans'

TickTockTickTock
14-02-2010, 02:42 PM
I lol'ed at how you used envy.
I lol'ed at the story.
I lol'ed in general.

United-Clowgon
14-02-2010, 02:51 PM
I lol'd at you're sig.

Anyway, i think he could return, maybe not for another 5 years.

CHA!NGANG
14-02-2010, 03:05 PM
He won't return. He will see out his contract at Madrid until he is 31 and then move back to portugal for a few years and them retire. Why would he move to United when he's 31?

StefanWolves
14-02-2010, 03:42 PM
Why wouldn't he move back to United? can you read his mind, or something?

I'm sure if you're 31 and you're contract is finished for RM, you'd certainly consider going back to United if the offer was on the table.

United-Clowgon
14-02-2010, 04:04 PM
He won't return. He will see out his contract at Madrid until he is 31 and then move back to portugal for a few years and them retire. Why would he move to United when he's 31?

That's a naive thing to say. Do you have a time warp that says 5, 6 years down the line, ronaldo will still be at Real or move back to Portugal?

No one knows what will happen. I think La Liga is way too easy for him, i thought he would of struggled with the generally slow tempo of football over their but he's done really, really well.

I'm sure if you're 31 and you're contract is finished for RM, you'd certainly consider going back to United if the offer was on the table.

exactly. Real Madrid is nothing more but a glamorous club who treat their players like **** and with no respect what so ever. Same with the fans.. you don't play well, they wave their smelly white hankeys at you.

Ronaldo, loved this Club, i think his mum played a little part in his move to Real, though he's always stated that he wanted to play for Real one day.

Perhaps he wanted to go last summer to see how things would be over their. Real is nothing compared to united - (Close knit group of people)

I think he will be back,

CHA!NGANG
14-02-2010, 09:07 PM

Was badly phrased on my part, didn't mean he wouldn't go for a fact but I meant I don't think he will. Of course I don't know that he won't move back but I highly doubt it. Think of it logically. In 6 years time Ronaldo will be 31, and United will no doubt have bought a few players by then who would be world class so I doubt that United would want to re-sign someone that was the past of United. Can I ask do you think that Beckham will ever re-join United as a player? If the answer to that is no, then why would Ronaldo? It's almost the same thing. I can't see Beckham ever moving back to United myself just as I can't ever see Ronaldo going back to United. By the time Ronaldo is 31 god knows how much money he will have and why would he need to move back to the Premiership to get more money when he could go back to Portugal or even stay in Spain, where he will feel more at home and he could be with his family and end his career where it began like many great players do.

Oh and Clowgon, calling me Naive for saying that.. if you belive everything you read in the News of the world then you're the naive one. Can I ask why you think La Liga is slow paced as well?

Black_Apalachi
14-02-2010, 09:55 PM
Envy, doesn't it mean when you hate someone for what they did/have got? :S

Yeah i doubt it either. But you never know.

It means you wish for what they have although 'I don't envy you' is more often used, meaning I'm glad I don't have your problem.

I lol'ed at how you used envy.
I lol'ed at the story.
I lol'ed in general.

I loled at this :P

AgnesIO
14-02-2010, 10:08 PM
Might I point out if he is that unhappy to ever consider a move to United or any other club, I don't think he would be happy to see out his SIX year contract at Madrid..

United-Clowgon
14-02-2010, 10:48 PM
Was badly phrased on my part, didn't mean he wouldn't go for a fact but I meant I don't think he will. Of course I don't know that he won't move back but I highly doubt it. Think of it logically. In 6 years time Ronaldo will be 31, and United will no doubt have bought a few players by then who would be world class so I doubt that United would want to re-sign someone that was the past of United. Can I ask do you think that Beckham will ever re-join United as a player? If the answer to that is no, then why would Ronaldo? It's almost the same thing. I can't see Beckham ever moving back to United myself just as I can't ever see Ronaldo going back to United. By the time Ronaldo is 31 god knows how much money he will have and why would he need to move back to the Premiership to get more money when he could go back to Portugal or even stay in Spain, where he will feel more at home and he could be with his family and end his career where it began like many great players do.

Oh and Clowgon, calling me Naive for saying that.. if you belive everything you read in the News of the world then you're the naive one. Can I ask why you think La Liga is slow paced as well?

Wait, where in my posts have i stated that everything the NOTW publish is all in all non-fiction?

Obviously, every paper makes up stories to sell papers but you can't say this article is fake without any proof what so ever. That's just plain naivety.

It means you wish for what they have although 'I don't envy you' is more often used, meaning I'm glad I don't have your problem.

I loled at this :P

Black_Apalachi
14-02-2010, 10:59 PM
Thanks for the quote (Y)

StefanWolves
14-02-2010, 11:08 PM

Actually, yes. Beckham has (I think), already gone on record saying he would only join another English club if it was United.

You never know what can happen. And yes La Liga is slow paced compared to the PL, why do you think the PL teams are so dominant in the CL?

Why is their football slow paced? because they all try to play like Arsenal/Barca do. Yes its attractive, and works in some cases, full of passes, neat 1-2s and what not, yes it slow compared to the normal paced PL teams.

WetFloor
14-02-2010, 11:16 PM
I'd LOVE Ronaldo to return. He's my best player.

CHA!NGANG
14-02-2010, 11:17 PM
Isn't quick passing classed as quick paced? Your telling me the way Barca plays is slow? Watching the AM - Barca game an hour ago was pretty quick paced to me.

And I'm not saying Beckham didn't say that he wouldn't go back, I'm saying is it likely that he will go back?

The fact that the PL has been dominant in the CL doesn't really have anything to do with the pace of the game, it was more that the PL had the best players in the world and probably still do just about but the Spanish teams are now coming back into domination and it won't surprise me to have a Barca - Madrid final this year.

I can see what you're all saying and yes ok it's a posibility that he could go back but I highly doubt it in my opinion.

Oh and Clowgon, this isn't the first thread of yours which I've seen quoting a paper and believing it. 90% of things in Papers to do with sports is utter crap made to sell the paper.

United-Clowgon
15-02-2010, 12:28 AM
Isn't quick passing classed as quick paced? Your telling me the way Barca plays is slow? Watching the AM - Barca game an hour ago was pretty quick paced to me.

And I'm not saying Beckham didn't say that he wouldn't go back, I'm saying is it likely that he will go back?

The fact that the PL has been dominant in the CL doesn't really have anything to do with the pace of the game, it was more that the PL had the best players in the world and probably still do just about but the Spanish teams are now coming back into domination and it won't surprise me to have a Barca - Madrid final this year.

I can see what you're all saying and yes ok it's a posibility that he could go back but I highly doubt it in my opinion.

Oh and Clowgon, this isn't the first thread of yours which I've seen quoting a paper and believing it. 90% of things in Papers to do with sports is utter crap made to sell the paper.

Spainish football is slow. How can you possibly watch one game - which you claim it was a "fast paced one" and say Spanish football is a fast paced league? :S

It's like italian football, slow and absolutely boring, though it's a little more fast paced, and slightly less boring.

No, it's not my first time making a thread and quoting a paper, but so? Don't dare sit there and say everything in paper and particularly this story is false because you haven't provided any proof of it being so.

It being Ronaldo and him saying one day "I possibly could return to United" don't think it's not him saying it as you have no idea, how Ronaldo is like and what he's thinking right now.

Jack.Lfc
15-02-2010, 12:45 AM
Spainish football is slow. How can you possibly watch one game - which you claim it was a "fast paced one" and say Spanish football is a fast paced league? :S

It's like italian football, slow and absolutely boring, though it's a little more fast paced, and slightly less boring.

No, it's not my first time making a thread and quoting a paper, but so? Don't dare sit there and say everything in paper and particularly this story is false because you haven't provided any proof of it being so.

It being Ronaldo and him saying one day "I possibly could return to United" don't think it's not him saying it as you have no idea, how Ronaldo is like and what he's thinking right now.

Wernt you the one who said i read papers too much aswell?

Clowgon the football genius

Browney
15-02-2010, 09:41 AM

Yeah, why would he fancy some Championship football with a skint club? :P

One word, amigo: Giggs.

Besides, Beckham is MUCH older than Ronaldo would be, especially in football terms.

HxLSarah
15-02-2010, 09:56 AM
I Didnt See What Ronaldo Actually DOne FOr Manchester United. Rooney Done Most Of The Work And Think About Giggs... Sports Personality oF tHE yEAR aWARD

AgnesIO
15-02-2010, 10:14 AM
Madrid and Barca's football is quality. I know the La Liga isn't just those teams - but then what more is there to the Premiership apart from the Man U vs. Chelsea season battle?

RatedRShadow
15-02-2010, 10:19 AM
He should stay at Man Utd in the first place, i doubt Madrid will let go of him now. He work so well with Kaka.

AgnesIO
15-02-2010, 10:25 AM
He should stay at Man Utd in the first place, i doubt Madrid will let go of him now. He work so well with Kaka.

He wanted to leave United way before he left though. Fair play to him - closer to home, decent climate, more money - he is quids in.

United-Clowgon
15-02-2010, 10:31 AM
Madrid and Barca's football is quality. I know the La Liga isn't just those teams - but then what more is there to the Premiership apart from the Man U vs. Chelsea season battle?

I'm sorry? The Premier League has been the best League for the past 20 years. Those derby battles United V Arsenal, Chelsea V West Ham ect over the years have made the League what it is today.

Spanish football in General is BORING. BSKYB pays a lot to host many of the premier league games. Hundreds of Millions of people flock in to see Premier League games week in week out.

Every week it's always interesting.

AgnesIO
15-02-2010, 10:40 AM
I'm sorry? The Premier League has been the best League for the past 20 years. Those derby battles United V Arsenal, Chelsea V West Ham ect over the years have made the League what it is today.

Spanish football in General is BORING. BSKYB pays a lot to host many of the premier league games. Hundreds of Millions of people flock in to see Premier League games week in week out.

Every week in the Premier Loge is interesting.

Is that a joke? Not even one million people 'flock' to see premier football each week. The stadiums couldn't hold that many people?

And interesting? PFFT. PL football is boring. Lower league English football is fantastic - you never know who will win, there are loads of last minute goals and it is exciting. As an example: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/table/default.stm

That league table is SERIOUSLY tight.

Black_Apalachi
15-02-2010, 12:36 PM

Every week it's always interesting.

Derbys are nothing special really unless your own team is involved

Browney
15-02-2010, 12:50 PM
I reckon we could get in half a million supporters weekly in the prem. Especially if both United and Arsenal are at home.

AgnesIO
15-02-2010, 01:33 PM
I reckon we could get in half a million supporters weekly in the prem. Especially if both United and Arsenal are at home.

Exactly. Not 1 million and certainly not hundreds of millions lol..

CHA!NGANG
15-02-2010, 02:55 PM

I've watched a lot more than 1 game of Spanish football so don't start patronising me and if you actually watched Spanish football you'll realise it is as fast as English football at times and Italian football is completely different and by saying what you just said it shows you know nothing about international football. As for telling me what not 'dare' do... I said 90% of things in papers aren't true when it comes to sports, any idiot can see that and did I ever say that he didn't say that? I said that although he might have said it, it doesn't mean he will ever actually go back to United does it, he's not going to sit there and say: No I hate the club, I'm never going back..

Oh also, how comes you seem to think that the only reason the EPL is the most popular league in the world is because it's fased pace. :S

Yeah, why would he fancy some Championship football with a skint club? :P

One word, amigo: Giggs.

Besides, Beckham is MUCH older than Ronaldo would be, especially in football terms.

Not saying that he'd go to any old club I'm saying that why when he's 31 would he return to a side that was his past. Surely by that age with the money he will have he'd rather go back to his homeland and finish his career there and retire with his family.

As for Giggs, he never left United did he :P And Yeah but it's the same kind of circumstances (sp.) with Beckham and I just saw an interview with him and he said United was his past and that United are now developing and he left at the right time. That doesn't imply that he's going back anytime soon does it.

United-Clowgon
15-02-2010, 04:37 PM
Is that a joke? Not even one million people 'flock' to see premier football each week. The stadiums couldn't hold that many people?

And interesting? PFFT. PL football is boring. Lower league English football is fantastic - you never know who will win, there are loads of last minute goals and it is exciting. As an example: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/table/default.stm

That league table is SERIOUSLY tight.

I didn't meant like that. I meant hundreds of millions of people watch it (on tv, streams ect, week in week out)

I've watched Championship football, lower League ect and i find it pretty boring tbh. I mean, you can not compared the lower leagues to the Premier League, the players are a lot less skillful, not very good, hence when they are there. :P

I've watched a lot more than 1 game of Spanish football so don't start patronising me and if you actually watched Spanish football you'll realise it is as fast as English football at times and Italian football is completely different and by saying what you just said it shows you know nothing about international football. As for telling me what not 'dare' do... I said 90% of things in papers aren't true when it comes to sports, any idiot can see that and did I ever say that he didn't say that? I said that although he might have said it, it doesn't mean he will ever actually go back to United does it, he's not going to sit there and say: No I hate the club, I'm never going back..

Oh also, how comes you seem to think that the only reason the EPL is the most popular league in the world is because it's fased pace. :S

Spanish football in GENERAL, is slow. I've watched plenty of Italian football and plenty of Spanish football and in terms of speed between each leauge is not that far off from each other. Spanish football a little more faster and obviously, MORE interesting exciting to watch.

Even the man who's played in the Leauge for many years seems to agree - http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/174/uefa-champions-league/2009/03/12/1152171/torres-spanish-football-slow-cannot-handle-high-tempo-games

You said that this Ronaldo report is made up of false lies. I'm saying, how do you know? Do you have any proof whatsoever that Ronaldo didn't say this worlds. You seem to be confusing yourself here. :rolleyes:

The English PL is the most popular league because for 1. The style teams player. 2 The footballers. 3. Fast paced - ALWAYS (Unlike IT, Spainsh football) 4. Rich History of the League.

Browney
15-02-2010, 04:41 PM
Not saying that he'd go to any old club I'm saying that why when he's 31 would he return to a side that was his past. Surely by that age with the money he will have he'd rather go back to his homeland and finish his career there and retire with his family.

It was a joke at the fact United will be going down the pan in 6 years. :P

As for Giggs, he never left United did he :P And Yeah but it's the same kind of circumstances (sp.) with Beckham and I just saw an interview with him and he said United was his past and that United are now developing and he left at the right time. That doesn't imply that he's going back anytime soon does it.

I just meant regarding age. Giggs is still going strong, nothing says Ronaldo couldn't. Yeah but Beckham loves United, he probably knows he could never go back, even though he adores the club. Besides, it's down to Ronaldo to let us know in 6 years. :P:rolleyes:

AgnesIO
15-02-2010, 04:58 PM
I didn't meant like that. I meant hundreds of millions of people watch it (on tv, streams ect, week in week out)

I've watched Championship football, lower League ect and i find it pretty boring tbh. I mean, you can not compared the lower leagues to the Premier League, the players are a lot less skillful, not very good, hence when they are there. :P

Spanish football in GENERAL, is slow. I've watched plenty of Italian football and plenty of Spanish football and in terms of speed between each leauge is not that far off from each other. Spanish football a little more faster and obviously, MORE interesting exciting to watch.

Even the man who's played in the Leauge for many years seems to agree - http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/174/uefa-champions-league/2009/03/12/1152171/torres-spanish-football-slow-cannot-handle-high-tempo-games

You said that this Ronaldo report is made up of false lies. I'm saying, how do you know? Do you have any proof whatsoever that Ronaldo didn't say this worlds. You seem to be confusing yourself here. :rolleyes:

The English PL is the most popular league because for 1. The style teams player. 2 The footballers. 3. Fast paced - ALWAYS (Unlike IT, Spainsh football) 4. Rich History of the League.

Typical PL fan. Ignorant about lower league football. You will also find lower league sides are the only teams with pretty much 100% REAL fans.

StefanWolves
15-02-2010, 05:24 PM
hmm

pl is the best league

simples

CHA!NGANG
15-02-2010, 06:00 PM

Where did I say that? I never said he didn't say what he said, I said you were Naive to belive papers all the time. Papers do tend to exagurate a lot and take things out of context a lot too yaknow..

StefanWolves
15-02-2010, 06:01 PM
the pl is the best simples

if any ****** wants to argue with me, then bring ya beans !!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!