PDA

View Full Version : Wolves get a £25,000 suspended fine.

Mexel
19-02-2010, 06:56 PM
For the team they played against United, but i think its stupid, all the top 4 always rest players in time for champions league games and everything but nothing gets said.

AlexOC
19-02-2010, 06:59 PM
:o

What happened, havent been following football of late.

CHA!NGANG
19-02-2010, 07:01 PM
They fielded a reserve/sub side because they knew they'd loose and they had another game coming up which they felt they could win.

If a manager wants to field a sub team that's his decision but I can understand the fine a bit because fans went there to see them put up a fight, not lay down and let United beat them.

Mexel
19-02-2010, 07:01 PM
When they rested 10 players against united the other month and lost 3-0 i think it was.

And exactly if you want to field a weak side its your loss when you lose, whats the big problem. Stupid it is! Had Wolves won no one would have even mentioned it.

AlexOC
19-02-2010, 07:04 PM
Oh i remember that. But i dont get why they are being fined it wasn't illegal or against the rules??

Adamm
19-02-2010, 07:04 PM
Damaging the integrity of the PL blah blah blah.

AlexOC
19-02-2010, 07:06 PM
Uggh thats GAY

Tash.
19-02-2010, 07:26 PM
Sorta agree with this really, they gifted MU 3 points, what happens if the title is won by MU and they win by 3 points? I doubt Chelsea/Arsenal would be impressed with that. Plus, don't really think those fans deserved that team played.

Mexel
19-02-2010, 07:32 PM
What happends when a team rests a team for the FA cup final on the last game of the season against a team that needs a win to stay up?

AlexOC
19-02-2010, 07:34 PM
What happends when a team rests a team for the FA cup final on the last game of the season against a team that needs a win to stay up?

Umm Nothing?

Mexel
19-02-2010, 07:36 PM
Exactly "/ lol.

AlexOC
19-02-2010, 07:38 PM
Must of been pissed if you were a wolves fan going to that game though.

Mexel
19-02-2010, 07:40 PM
Oh yeah definitely, but thats my point, it was there loss anyway why start bringing rules into it? In my opnion if there going to bring up rules like that, stick to them in all cases or just get rid of the rule.

Jibbish
19-02-2010, 07:40 PM
so he got fined for using his squad?
ah, now i see why martin o'neil wont drop heskey, he will get fined!

AlexOC
19-02-2010, 07:43 PM
But its hard to make a rule like that. Its hard to define who are 'first team regulars' or how many new boys you can have. It needs FA discression, and that just won't work, it would be too inconsistent.

CHA!NGANG
19-02-2010, 08:20 PM
I suppose they could make a rule that you have to play at least any 3/4 players from the previous starting lineup every game unless there's some drastic reason such as injuries/suspensions.

Adamm
19-02-2010, 08:23 PM
Sorta agree with this really, they gifted MU 3 points, what happens if the title is won by MU and they win by 3 points? I doubt Chelsea/Arsenal would be impressed with that. Plus, don't really think those fans deserved that team played.
They have a right to field whatever the hell team they want.

AlexOC
19-02-2010, 08:23 PM
SSN: Injury Gate

:P

Jack.Lfc
19-02-2010, 09:11 PM
hope hull are in relegation battle last game of the season with wolves, where in europa league final. A win for hull keeps them up n relegates wolves, and we play a weakend team v hull.

CHA!NGANG
19-02-2010, 09:12 PM
hope hull are in relegation battle last game of the season with wolves, where in europa league final. A win for hull keeps them up n relegates wolves, and we play a weakend team v hull.

You'd probably still beat them.

AlexOC
19-02-2010, 09:14 PM
Europa League Final

Pfft hahaha

Jack.Lfc
19-02-2010, 09:19 PM
Whats funny?

-Heart
19-02-2010, 09:22 PM
Must of been pissed if you were a wolves fan going to that game though.
:@.

Anyway, this is quite simply ********. Who decides who the strongest team is? How often do the top 4 field weakened teams? Makes me mad.

AlexOC
19-02-2010, 09:25 PM
Whats funny?

Funnies.

Jack.Lfc
19-02-2010, 09:28 PM
I suppose its the way you look at it really.

AlexOC
19-02-2010, 09:30 PM
I suppose its the way you look at it really.

Yes either from a sane, clear-minded fellow,*REMOVED*

Edited by Bolt660 (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not be rude to other forum members.

Geraint
19-02-2010, 10:16 PM
anything for the PL to get a bit of money in the coffers.

Ardemax
19-02-2010, 11:09 PM
gutted lol.

StefanWolves
19-02-2010, 11:19 PM
Was going to post this and its absolute bullcrap.

When I saw the team he played, yes, I was pissed off (mainly because United were in poor form and we may have nicked a draw), but I understood because we had a more important game coming up. However, my uncle was given a ticket at about 5 o'clock on the day of the game, and rushed to Manchester and missed the kick off and everything. Only to get to his seat and see that we were playing our second team, how pissed off must he have felt?

Besides, who's to say it wasn't our strongest team? we played something like 9 full internationals, our player of the season before (Foley), and we played our first team keeper? we only fielded ONE unknown player (can't think of his name now, xD), not to mention we played Mancienne who's on loan from CHELSEA? so how exactly was it a 'poor team', no, it wasn't our strongest, but it wasn't poor. If our first team would have played we would have probably lost 3-0 as well.

What I want to know is what are they going to do about teams like Arsenal fielding poor teams in the early rounds of the FA Cup/Carling Cup? isn't it ruining the integrity of those competitions? I know the Premier League and FA are two separate organizations (or so I think), but their has got to be some kind of an even keel, surely? there can't be differently regulations for different competitions. Same goes for the UEFA cup, although I know those who run it have nothing to do with the English game, but look at the team that Villa played in Russia when they got knocked out? They played a piss poor team.

If the football organizations are going to start giving out punishments for playing poor teams then I think all organizations should take suite, there has got to be some sort of an even platform FOR ALL TEAMS, not just small teams so that they can make a statement to the bigger teams.

My two pennies worth anyway.

Jack.Lfc
19-02-2010, 11:23 PM
I memba we done it and sheff utd went down :lol:

StefanWolves
19-02-2010, 11:28 PM
Exactly. The PL make up the rules as they go along I swear, who are they to judge?

Anyway, It's a SUSPENDED fine? does that mean we will not have to pay the fine?

CHA!NGANG
19-02-2010, 11:33 PM
Was going to post this and its absolute bullcrap.

When I saw the team he played, yes, I was pissed off (mainly because United were in poor form and we may have nicked a draw), but I understood because we had a more important game coming up. However, my uncle was given a ticket at about 5 o'clock on the day of the game, and rushed to Manchester and missed the kick off and everything. Only to get to his seat and see that we were playing our second team, how pissed off must he have felt?

Besides, who's to say it wasn't our strongest team? we played something like 9 full internationals, our player of the season before (Foley), and we played our first team keeper? we only fielded ONE unknown player (can't think of his name now, xD), not to mention we played Mancienne who's on loan from CHELSEA? so how exactly was it a 'poor team', no, it wasn't our strongest, but it wasn't poor. If our first team would have played we would have probably lost 3-0 as well.

What I want to know is what are they going to do about teams like Arsenal fielding poor teams in the early rounds of the FA Cup/Carling Cup? isn't it ruining the integrity of those competitions? I know the Premier League and FA are two separate organizations (or so I think), but their has got to be some kind of an even keel, surely? there can't be differently regulations for different competitions. Same goes for the UEFA cup, although I know those who run it have nothing to do with the English game, but look at the team that Villa played in Russia when they got knocked out? They played a piss poor team.

If the football organizations are going to start giving out punishments for playing poor teams then I think all organizations should take suite, there has got to be some sort of an even platform FOR ALL TEAMS, not just small teams so that they can make a statement to the bigger teams.

My two pennies worth anyway.

Difference is, when Arsenal, United, Chelsea, Liverpool field out sub/reserve sides for the CC they still go out to win the game and field a side that they belive can do so and often they do win the game. Our subs team can probably beat every team in the Championship and below and some of the PL teams which are the teams that you meet in the Carling Cup. Wolves had no intention at all to win that game, they were just focused on winning the next one which is why the fine was given. I agree though probably wrong to do the fine as it sets a bad precident. (sp.)

Exactly. The PL make up the rules as they go along I swear, who are they to judge?

Anyway, It's a SUSPENDED fine? does that mean we will not have to pay the fine?

I think it means if you do it again then you will have to pay the £25,000 fine.

StefanWolves
19-02-2010, 11:39 PM
Difference is, when Arsenal, United, Chelsea, Liverpool field out sub/reserve sides for the CC they still go out to win the game and field a side that they belive can do so and often they do win the game. Our subs team can probably beat every team in the Championship and below and some of the PL teams which are the teams that you meet in the Carling Cup. Wolves had no intention at all to win that game, they were just focused on winning the next one which is why the fine was given. I agree though probably wrong to do the fine as it sets a bad precident. (sp.)
It doesn't make a difference at all. It's still not 'there strongest team'. How do you know we had no intention to win the game? can you see into the managers mind?

I think it means if you do it again then you will have to pay the £25,000 fine.
Oh that clears that up then :P

CHA!NGANG
19-02-2010, 11:43 PM
It doesn't make a difference at all. It's still not 'there strongest team'. How do you know we had no intention to win the game? can you see into the managers mind?

Oh that clears that up then :P

Nothing wrong with not fielding your strongest team as long as you field a team that you think can win (in my opinion). I'm sorry but your manager didn't field a team that he thought could win because even your first team would struggle to get anything against United let alone your subs so if your telling me he fielded that side to beat United then your as crazy as an Arsenal fan saying Fabregas will stay at Arsenal forever.

Geraint
20-02-2010, 01:20 AM
The 2nd team could have been better than the first as they're more eager and want to use a game v Man Utd as a perfect opportunity to show what they can do for the rest of the season. Had the first team played, they could have played crap and thought "why try we ain't gonna win and I don't want to have an injury. Nobody will say anything as we're playing Man Utd"

Bun
21-02-2010, 12:15 AM
i was fuming when i saw this, mick mcarthy is the manager and therefore has the power to field whichever team he wants. the reserves that came in would be up for it more to prove a point, and throws all of uniteds opposition players planning out the window.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!