PDA

View Full Version : The Scottish Education Thread!

danzooo
22-02-2010, 09:47 PM
So seeing as the majority of us are not Scottish I felt it necessary to make a thread for us Scots to talk about our Intermediates and Highers and what-not.

So, anyone just finished prelims? I got a B in Int 2 Maths, Higher Business and Higher Computing plus C's in Higher English and Human Biology. Not great but hopefully the final exams will be better! :(

Spiffing
22-02-2010, 10:40 PM
Finally! I was so confused with English threads.
Ermm for my exams I got an A for higher Art, C for higher english, d for int 2 maths and d for int 2 history. Bad but oh well :) All the teachers were saying the exams were harder then normal so yeah, hopefully the big exams will be easier.

Angel-Light
22-02-2010, 10:44 PM
I found in my case when I was at school if I did rubbish in the prelims I did great in the actual exam :P

Glad I'm no longer at school. I did hear that many thought the exams were a lot harder than before so i wish you all good luck ;)

Eoin
22-02-2010, 10:47 PM
Nvq level 3 in electrical installation ;)

Left school at 16 y'see

danzooo
23-02-2010, 09:26 PM
Finally! I was so confused with English threads.
Ermm for my exams I got an A for higher Art, C for higher english, d for int 2 maths and d for int 2 history. Bad but oh well :) All the teachers were saying the exams were harder then normal so yeah, hopefully the big exams will be easier.

Well done with art! I did well in my essays for English and that was what I was most worried about! Close Reading was a *****!
Yeah a lot of my teachers said that aswell, here's hoping the exams are fine too.

Wahey
25-02-2010, 08:38 PM
Start prelims in 2 weeks, woo study leave

Spiffing
25-02-2010, 10:55 PM
Well done with art! I did well in my essays for English and that was what I was most worried about! Close Reading was a *****!
Yeah a lot of my teachers said that aswell, here's hoping the exams are fine too.

thanks :D gj for getting a B in maths. I find it so hard :( :P Yeah I thought close reading was okay then when I barely passed I was like, WHAT :l Questions weren't really that easy thinking about it ;S

AgnesIO
26-02-2010, 07:56 AM
I am so confused by all your 'school' talk :(

Johno
26-02-2010, 08:28 AM
I got an A for Higher Maths, and a B for Higher English and Business Management, and a C for Modern Studies. Looking pretty optimistic for a change haha!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!