PDA

View Full Version : Revision

DJ-Ains.T
23-02-2010, 11:19 AM
Hi. Can I have some tips on best revision. I'm going to revise today, and I've got about 4 and half hours to do some revision. I need any advice/tips on how I can keep concentrated and certain things I should do to keep me up for revising. I'm not going to take my laptop but is listening to music a good idea?

Meanies
23-02-2010, 11:22 AM
go through your notes and make them mind map thingydudes
and no music/tv cus you get distracted or start singing along

so much easier to say than do

DJ-Ains.T
23-02-2010, 12:51 PM
i just did some revision, and got worse marks than i did before? :S

Adamm
23-02-2010, 02:40 PM
I passed all my tests throughout school without ever revising. I hate it and it's pointless and I can't concentrate so I never did it and it never did me any harm.

MrGazet
23-02-2010, 04:07 PM
Actually revision is only good if you CONCENTRATE on it.It's all down to the quality not the quantity.It's better just to study like 30 mins fully concentrated than spend hours without full concentration.

I suppose,some people find music distracting but some not.If you want music,I suggest go for those non-lyrical ones so you won't find yourself singing it.

As for me,I only hear music when I'm doing calculations but whenever I have to memorise /read I don't listen to any.

I suppose some ways to obtain concentration is to set your mind 1st.Then,get into a nice, comfortable space that is well lit and not cluttered.Also,take 15-20 mins break after 45 mins of revising so that your brain won't go into denial mode.

I hope you won't stop revising & best of luck :)

leah
23-02-2010, 05:32 PM
I always write out notes and then read over them, when you revise try doing 20 mins at a time then having a little break.

Tash.
23-02-2010, 09:03 PM
What I tend to do is make smaller notes on my notes, like key parts and write key dates/names/phrases in a different colour or highlight them. Usually you can condense a chapter or a unit in to several pages and then read over them. That's best for me, obviously others learn in different ways so it's best to find the way for you.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!