PDA

View Full Version : CC Final

luce
28-02-2010, 05:21 PM
I know there is a weekend games one but this is a cup final.

Vidic should have been sent off in the first 4 minutes - then it would have been a completely different game.

United should have won about 4-0 with a couple of chances missed and the two post shots which were both painfully close.

All credit to villa who just weren't good enough all they had was the counter attack pace which caught us out so early on.

Also a shame that owen had to go off but then maybe rooney wouldn't have come on and won it for us and lead us to a dominant second half - J Evens is still a defensive joke also as was the ref.

Always great to pick up the first trophy wish i could have gone like last year :(!

Glory glory man united...

Jibbish
28-02-2010, 05:26 PM
**** phil dowd
but tbf man u's attack was better than ours and that's all that counts really

Jibbish
28-02-2010, 05:51 PM
Congratulations to the new league cup holder Phil Dowd
http://i46.tinypic.com/2m454d3.png

PaulMacC
28-02-2010, 06:01 PM
It makes me laugh how people refer to themselves as part of a football team when all they do is support it. It's like me referring to myself as a member of Blink182 because I listen to their music.

Charlottay!
28-02-2010, 07:17 PM
i managed to watch the first half. wat a complete joke as the ref. nearly as bad as alan wiley

Geraint
28-02-2010, 08:06 PM
thought villa were poor myself.

Mexel
28-02-2010, 09:02 PM
It makes me laugh how people refer to themselves as part of a football team when all they do is support it. It's like me referring to myself as a member of Blink182 because I listen to their music.

Stupid comment. Accept your opinion but i think all the users of this part of the forum has once used the word 'we'. So, as i hate villa and could not give a **** about Blink182 your post is pointless.

But anyway, yeah Man U deserved to win.

Black_Apalachi
28-02-2010, 10:14 PM
My brother was watching it as I got home and it was near the end so I was like, 'oh another three points for the Mancs then' but then I realised it was a cup final lmao

-Heart
28-02-2010, 10:17 PM
My brother was watching it as I got home and it was near the end so I was like, 'oh another three points for the Mancs then' but then I realised it was a cup final lmao
Seriously?

luce
28-02-2010, 10:18 PM
Lol well it's a common term in football when you support a club and we being a possessive inclusive pronoun you feel you are traveling and supporting that team which includes you? Also music and football are completely different concepts you don't have 80,000 watching them record their number one album and even going to a concert is a different principle to watching your team play.

Also yes the ref was shocking worst i have seen all season he may aswell put on a red shirt at one point and then decided he was wrong so gave everything against us for 5 minutes and switched back over. Shouldn't even be in the conference south.

Arron
01-03-2010, 12:35 AM
Today was Phil Dowd's first major final in refereeing.
I have a feeling that might be his last..

Erm.. yeah. It's obvious that Vidic should've been sent off, glad the referee was dumb enough to keep him on, the only solution I could come up with as to why he never sent Vidic off was because it was four minutes into the match, and I know that isn't even a valid excuse, but that would be the only comeback Phil Dowd could respond with unless he just says straight up "yeah my bad..." :L

I'm glad Owen scored. Also as I said in the England Team thread about Heskey letting his presence be known, well he did. I think he played well today, he controlled that ball just like Berbatov can do. Him and Rooney would like perfect.

Agbonlahor(sp) had Vidic in his back pocket all day too, his pace is too rapid for any of our defence to handle. He should be in the England squad (if he isn't already)

We deserved to win though (:

StefanWolves
01-03-2010, 12:39 AM
he didn't have a bad game, his only big mistake was the red card that wasn't given.

Black_Apalachi
01-03-2010, 01:31 AM
Seriously?

I think my point was that it seemed just like a normal game - as in nothing special. Maybe due to no build-up (that I was aware of anyway) in the few days leading up to it.. I dunno :L

TickTockTickTock
01-03-2010, 09:12 AM
A neutral would rather watch 86 minutes of football rather than 86 minutes of a one sided game.

JackBuddy
01-03-2010, 01:48 PM
Glad Villa didn't win. I'm probs gonna get flamed for this but purely because I reckon they're one of the worst teams to watch in the league. They only score from set pieces/ counter attacking football!?!?

Bun
01-03-2010, 01:56 PM
Glad Villa didn't win. I'm probs gonna get flamed for this but purely because I reckon they're one of the worst teams to watch in the league. They only score from set pieces/ counter attacking football!?!?
ere jack i love you and all but that's rubbish. villa play some really nice football. you're just bitter they're going to beat you to 4th spot. :P

i found the game quite captivating, granted there wasn't a lot of efforts on goal it was still quite open. wish villa had won though. :(

JackBuddy
02-03-2010, 01:06 AM
ere jack i love you and all but that's rubbish. villa play some really nice football. you're just bitter they're going to beat you to 4th spot. :P

i found the game quite captivating, granted there wasn't a lot of efforts on goal it was still quite open. wish villa had won though. :(
0-0 at home to Aston Villa, they virtually parked a bus in front of the goal with half an hour to go.

wow just found out pixxie lott is only 18... maybe i stand a chance afterall!

luce
02-03-2010, 07:31 AM

yeah they do only play counter attack football with their pace upfront and for set plays (which were both not very good on sunday). So they aren't the most attractive but obviously rather effective :)!

Browney
02-03-2010, 04:57 PM
he didn't have a bad game, his only big mistake was the red card that wasn't given.

You are jesting right?

leah
03-03-2010, 04:07 PM
oh god, i watched the whole game and seriously the referee had an absolute MARE. Usually refs are biased in MUs favour but this time it was appauling, he booked several villa players and left MU players completely unpunished for (in some cases) more severe challenges. Also vidic should have been off, he prevented a goal scoring opportunity and a penalty was the result, usually the player would be red carded.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!