PDA

View Full Version : Glazers 'Manchester United not for sale'

TickTockTickTock
02-03-2010, 08:01 AM
The Glazer family last night insisted that they were not interested in selling Manchester United.
The mammoth debts at Old Trafford have recently sparked a green and gold protest from supporters as the fans call on the Glazers to leave the club.
A £500million bonds issue has been used to help refinance the debts, and sources understand the Glazers are not looking to sell.
Leading city financiers have met to discuss a potential takeover bid for United.
Representatives from law firm Freshfields and investment bank Goldman Sachs, among others, are understood to have been involved in the secret meeting.
Informally known as ‘the Red Knights', the group held talks regarding a potential offer to buy out the Glazer family, who remain unpopular with United fans.
However, Keith Harris, who has been involved with the group considering a potential takeover, recently called on supporters to start boycotting matches in an attempt to force the Glazers' hand.
Harris said last week: “Turning up to games 10 minutes late and things like that just doesn't do the job.
“The supporters have to start hurting the Glazers in their pockets.”

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/premiership/glazers-manchester-united-not-for-sale-14704013.html

(http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2010/0302/1224265433077.html)

United-Clowgon
02-03-2010, 08:08 AM
They will go sooner or later.. If he's standing firm then i'm sure people will boycott the games and such.

Jack.Lfc
02-03-2010, 04:24 PM
They will go sooner or later.. If he's standing firm then i'm sure people will boycott the games and such.

Then he can sell all the asssets off and be mintedddddd

Suspective
02-03-2010, 04:28 PM
They are offering him a good offer.

United-Clowgon
02-03-2010, 04:40 PM
Then he can sell all the asssets off and be mintedddddd

dont be silly now Jacky.

FlyingJesus
02-03-2010, 04:42 PM
Absolutely ridiculous. I'm not a Man U fan by any stretch of the imagination but anyone who buys into a team as well respected and with such wide support as them and proceeds to run it into the ground ought to be forced out. It's not just a business venture when it involves historical reputation and a huge fanbase

TickTockTickTock
02-03-2010, 05:05 PM
If I was the Glazers I'd tell them to do one, he could make a billion in a couple of years. Very smart family imo.

United-Clowgon
02-03-2010, 05:16 PM
Glazers will have no choice to sell if we were to see a significant drop of the amount of people turning up every week.

TickTockTickTock
02-03-2010, 05:19 PM
Glazers will have no choice to sell if we were to see a significant drop of the amount of people turning up every week.
Umm... wow. They'd really care? They can make billions without the fans going. Besides, you'll always have the China/Singapore/India/Africa/USA lads going.

Jack.Lfc
02-03-2010, 05:35 PM

*Removed*

Edited by Catzsy(Forum Moderator): Please do not post to cause arguments.

United-Clowgon
02-03-2010, 05:51 PM
Umm... wow. They'd really care? They can make billions without the fans going. Besides, you'll always have the China/Singapore/India/Africa/USA lads going.

Yeah, they can make billions and billons even if 80% of the 78,500 fans didn't turn up week in week out. :rolleyes:

This forum is turning out to be more of a joke as each day goes past.

You wont be affected then.

*Removed*

Edited by Catzsy(Forum Moderator): Please do not be rude to others.

TickTockTickTock
02-03-2010, 06:00 PM
Yeah, they can make billions and billons even if 80% of the 78,500 fans didn't turn up week in week out. :rolleyes:

This forum is turning out to be more of a joke as each day goes past.

If you've got nothing constructive to say... zip it.

Joke? Indeed you clearly are. You claim to be a Manchester United fan and don't have any idea where the main revenue comes from! One day you claim Manchester United are a big club and will always have investors and the next you're claiming the main income comes from the 70,300 fans who turn up and pay £30. You honestly don't believe the £30 tickets every other week are a clubs main income do you?

Geraint
02-03-2010, 06:01 PM
All this green and gold till the club is sold nonsense is laughable.

Jack.Lfc
02-03-2010, 06:08 PM
Whys there a pic of a passport for me? is that meant to be offensive?

United-Clowgon
02-03-2010, 08:24 PM
Joke? Indeed you clearly are. You claim to be a Manchester United fan and don't have any idea where the main revenue comes from! One day you claim Manchester United are a big club and will always have investors and the next you're claiming the main income comes from the 70,300 fans who turn up and pay £30. You honestly don't believe the £30 tickets every other week are a clubs main income do you?

:S You claim that that they can make billions even if the majority didn't turn up of games, (lets say only 20% of 85,500) only turned up for games week in week out for a few years.. how could they possibly make billions if more than half of the fans didn't turn up?

Actually, tickets sales makes more money than Club merchandise sales.. therefore, ticket sales plays a big part, in United's case - How much
they make annually. (along with sponsorships, player sales ect)

I didn't say tickets sales were a Clubs main income, it is for 'most' clubs example: Lower league teams, - they don't get multi million pound sponsorship deals and their main income is from Ticket sales.

United, along with Real Madrid, are teams that will are always profitable investments. Providing they are ran properly then as what Real Madrid have shown with their latest figures (£400 million annual turnover) for last year - is achievable.

Which is why any rich investor with a brain would invest in these teams.

Case closed.

Whys there a pic of a passport for me? is that meant to be offensive?

:rolleyes:

Jack.Lfc
02-03-2010, 09:15 PM
Please explain

TickTockTickTock
02-03-2010, 09:45 PM
Please explain
scouse girls are dirty.

Jack.Lfc
02-03-2010, 10:13 PM
Most of them are fit aswell.

StefanWolves
02-03-2010, 10:19 PM
:S You claim that that they can make billions even if the majority didn't turn up of games, (lets say only 20% of 85,500) only turned up for games week in week out for a few years.. how could they possibly make billions if more than half of the fans didn't turn up?

Actually, tickets sales makes more money than Club merchandise sales.. therefore, ticket sales plays a big part, in United's case - How much

I didn't say tickets sales were a Clubs main income, it is for 'most' clubs example: Lower league teams, - they don't get multi million pound sponsorship deals and their main income is from Ticket sales.

United, along with Real Madrid, are teams that will are always profitable investments. Providing they are ran properly then as what Real Madrid have shown with their latest figures (£400 million annual turnover) for last year - is achievable.

Case closed.

They're not attractive when the business in question has £500M of debts.

TickTockTickTock
03-03-2010, 09:38 AM

Case closed.

Budwieser, Audi, AIG, Betting thing etc etc

All offer more than the tickets. Anyway, he ain't getting his money from them either.

United-Clowgon
03-03-2010, 04:03 PM
They're not attractive when the business in question has £500M of debts.

Well the debt is controllable. A team like Arsenal, with that kind of debt.. I'm unsure if they'll be able to cope. I mean, once that is all wiped off we will getting the amounts that Real are achieving.

United is such a good investment, you just can't go wrong with United, same with Real.. but perhaps there's a few people who are "billionaires" who are interested taking over United but haven't put in a bid because they are put off with the huge amount of debt but United is worth like 1+ bn so just make the debt in offer. :S

Hopefully this group of Red Knights are serious people.

Budwieser, Audi, AIG, Betting thing etc etc

All offer more than the tickets. Anyway, he ain't getting his money from them either.

The Glazer's basically can leave us dry, i don't know if this is what he's planned to do when he'd taken over the Club.. Rules should be in place for owners to who buy football Clubs to stop these things from going on. Just unacceptable.

leah
03-03-2010, 04:05 PM
I'm glad they're not selling. I hope they run it into the ground, will be interesting to see whos actually a united fan and not just a glory hunter.

TickTockTickTock
03-03-2010, 04:18 PM
It's funny watching these Red Knights run around not realising that

1) Glazer ain't selling because he can extract more money from the club than they're offering

2) Even if he did we've all seen what happens to a two man consortium, never mind an 80+ one. :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

Jack.Lfc
03-03-2010, 04:39 PM
2) Even if he did we've all seen what happens to a two man consortium
:'(

:badgrin:
Least ares are willing to sell though.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!