PDA

View Full Version : Is my school being petty?

Oleh
09-03-2010, 04:43 PM
Okay so to brief you all

we have recently got clip on ties, im in year 11 and we finish in 2 month

I get new shirts at the start of each new year and i have never had my top button fastened because my neck is too fat and my shirts are like nighties.

So whilst walking to ict i get stopped by some important person (behaviour or something)

and he tells me to do my tie propererly i say i cant my top button doesnt fasten because my shirts too small, he goes get some new ones i go My mum wont waste money for 2 month when it isnt necessary and he goes if you dont have your top button fastened by tommorow your going to be secluded until it is..

seeing as this is maybe the most important 2 months of my life and it may get chucked away due to my mum not willing to splash £50 on shirts for 2 months when there not needed for me to proceed in life?

Voice your opinions please.

Special
09-03-2010, 04:48 PM
£50 is a bit far-fetched, but i can see what you're saying.

Your school is being very petty, being secluded in the middle of your gcses just for not having a button done up correctly.

get your mum to write a letter explaining that she isn't willing to spend money on shirts when you have 8 weeks left at school when the money could be spent on a maths book

Yoshimitsui
09-03-2010, 04:53 PM
In all honesty, everybodys excuse for not doing the top button is that it is strangling them, surely you would buy a shirt that fits in the first place? If not later on then that's another issue. But if its the school rules then it's the same for everybody.

Jordy
09-03-2010, 04:59 PM
Just go along with it, I'm sure common sense will prevail once any other senior staff members get involved.

Oleh
09-03-2010, 05:10 PM
I know my maths teacher wont be happy seeing as she is adamant we turn up to every lesson without fail ill or not

The shirts fit at the start of y11 but a burger shop opened up recently and ive been eating cheeseburger and chips every dinner.

i dont know what school treasures more.. my future or me having ONE button fastened

LMS16
09-03-2010, 05:16 PM
Just simply do what I do, tell them where to stick it, half the time they just walk off... maybe cos my school cba'd? lol

But the top button thing, seriously :|

Lew.

Gibs960
09-03-2010, 06:42 PM
They can't really kick you out for not doin ur top button :S can they? Just get 1 or 2. They aren't that expensive.

Oleh
09-03-2010, 06:43 PM
They are talking about seclusion (putting me in a room on my own doing book work)

My mum is thinking about complaining

Gibs960
09-03-2010, 07:50 PM
U read itt wrong :P anyway, why, doin that won't make a friggin difference.

Oleh
10-03-2010, 06:00 PM
So this bloke who told me this yesterday picks me out of my lesson and takes me to my head of house who rings my mum (im adamant that he himself rings her, but he gets my head of house to) whilst there i see another head of house shares the office who is a friend of my auntie and i know her well and we talk then my head of house calls me over and looks at my tie and sees the elastic and goes "ohh yeah" then hangs up after more talking, my aunties friend adjusts the elastic on my tie and they agree to let me off

I see my head of house later on whilst going to business and he says you ok im like yeah then he says if you see this bloke try to avoid him, im like ok haha

(names not included due to maybe them checking this or something)

Callum.
10-03-2010, 06:26 PM
I honestly never got things like this. My top buttons were pulled off straight away so they couldn't say anything.

It's like piercings, since when did they have an effect on how you learned?

Cheryl
10-03-2010, 06:30 PM
They can't really kick you out for not doin ur top button :S can they? Just get 1 or 2. They aren't that expensive. They were not talking of kicking him out, and you clearly never been to a secondary/high school as you can't wear a dirty shirt to school as u'll get beaten up, and they are fairly expensive.

They are talking about seclusion (putting me in a room on my own doing book work)

My mum is thinking about complainingSeclusion aint that bad at my school, dunno what its like at urs

So this bloke who told me this yesterday picks me out of my lesson and takes me to my head of house who rings my mum (im adamant that he himself rings her, but he gets my head of house to) whilst there i see another head of house shares the office who is a friend of my auntie and i know her well and we talk then my head of house calls me over and looks at my tie and sees the elastic and goes "ohh yeah" then hangs up after more talking, my aunties friend adjusts the elastic on my tie and they agree to let me off

I see my head of house later on whilst going to business and he says you ok im like yeah then he says if you see this bloke try to avoid him, im like ok haha

(names not included due to maybe them checking this or something) Glad it's sorted :)

dbgtz
10-03-2010, 06:32 PM
It's discipline basically. They try to keep you to these rules so you don't break future, more major ones. TBH I think the way people respect others have changed and rather then useless rules that will "help in future" (I mean come on, this changes nothing tbh) all they need to be is really stern on certain things which could actually affect learning or other people. My english teacher is probably the best in my school because she knows what isn't total bull to get punishment over, this shirt case being one of them. I mean my school are getting new summer shirts and they won't be compulsory for my year, and I leave next year.

Wig44.
10-03-2010, 07:04 PM
It's to keep you under control and turn you into an obedient worker to benefit the Bourgeoisie, simply put.

cocaine
10-03-2010, 07:36 PM
your fault for getting fat loll.

if you cant fit in your shirt and obey the rules due to your own doing, then you should be held responsible.

Oleh
10-03-2010, 09:02 PM
The point im arguing is i have had shirts what dont fit for the whole 5 years ive been in secondary education and nothing has ever come of it until the most import months of my life they decide to pull me out due to it.

the bloke who pulled me out argued the point of what if i am employed and need to fasten my top button. My argument was - When im going into employment there are shirts specifically for people with large necks unlike school shirts which are generally not.

My Media studies teacher whose lesson i got pulled out of argued this point aswell as gcses being more important than a top button.

cocaine
10-03-2010, 09:35 PM
just tough luck.

The Professor
10-03-2010, 10:12 PM
Don't worry about it, school won't have the balls to kick someone who attends properly and works reasonably hard (assuming you do) out for something that petty :)

Recursion
11-03-2010, 11:49 PM
Shouldn't you be on study leave anyway? :S

lazerman
12-03-2010, 01:13 AM
Way too early mate..

And some schools dont do study leave.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!