PDA

View Full Version : Literally hate potholes.

Joe!
10-03-2010, 08:40 PM
Just had to spend £96 on a second hand alloy and a brand new tyre after a pothole wrecked the previous one.
The ford dealership wanted £132 for just a brand new alloy, so it was better than expected, but yeah, pfft.
Putting in a claim to the council for it though, the road is awful.
Pics of pothole and ruined wheel below.
http://i43.tinypic.com/eqqyco.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/s5iix2.jpg

Arron
10-03-2010, 08:46 PM
this is one thing that puts me off when driving :/
i don't think you should be paying for a replacement tyre. the council should've sorted the pothole out therefore your tyre wouldn't be dead. :/

Joe!
10-03-2010, 08:49 PM
Yeah just spent the past half hour filling out an 8 page claim form to the council, stating that they should pay for the new wheel and tyre, boy that was fun.

Eoin
10-03-2010, 09:04 PM
nae luck son.
doubt thell pay for a new rim and tyre, the'll just full in the pothole.
worth a go anyway like.

Joe!
10-03-2010, 09:08 PM
Well it happened to my aunt also, they paid out £160 for new rim and tyre for hers, so I don't see why they wouldn't :)

Sammeth.
10-03-2010, 09:47 PM
Yeah they should pay out and probably will if you've provided enough evidence and stuff. My councils pretty good for paying out on stuff like this, and at the end of the day, so they should be. You'll probably notice it be filled in a lot quicker too. The amount of potholes down near me is silly and all they do is keep coming, spraying yellow boxes around them as if they're gonna do something about them, then leave it for like a bazillion years until someone puts in a claim over it.

Metric1
10-03-2010, 09:56 PM
that's a steal for new alloys! i bent one on my work car and it was 1200 for a new one ;(

danzooo
10-03-2010, 10:02 PM
Nightmare! Most of the roads where I live are atrocious for potholes, you'd think nobody actually paid road tax.

tdi
11-03-2010, 12:43 AM
god, how did you not miss THAT?!

Joe!
11-03-2010, 01:47 AM
Haha it was night, that stretch of road is also only about as wide as the car, came as a bit of a shock when I heard it go ;(

GommeInc
11-03-2010, 01:48 AM
It's so stupid :/ It's made worse that in this country, they just fill the hole up with tarmac and expect it to work, when in a matter of days/weeks, cars will start tearing it up. We should follow our european cousins, who redo whole width sections using proper materials :P

As mentioned by many people, just provide the evidence :) Although with some councils, you may have to get other people to complain too. In Essex, Essex County Council will refuse payouts if only one complaint has been filed, which is odd seeing as the person who got told this hit a huge pothole on a busy A road (A12, worst road in East Anglia, according to insurance companies) :P

ChickenFaces
11-03-2010, 03:51 AM
First off! Loves the socks... xD

Anyways.

Potholes suck tbh. I hate em. Stupid things messing cars up. I tripped in one when I was walking home from school and got a huge bruise on my shin. Hurt like hell. ://

mrbean
11-03-2010, 02:05 PM
Absolutely disgusting, get the council to get this repaired, and pay out for damages, and also then write into the council on the amount of these about.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!