CHA!NGANG
14-03-2010, 02:06 PM
Who do you think will win it this year? My order is:

Messi - 1
Ronaldo - 2
Rooney - 3
Fabregas - 4
Drogba - 5

Anyway, whoever wins it this year will need to have a good CL and a good WC, and out of those 5 players, I can see Rooney, Fabregas and maybe Messi going far in both competitions.

StefanWolves
14-03-2010, 02:13 PM
When is it announced?

If Rooney carries on then don't put it past him to be first.

CHA!NGANG
14-03-2010, 02:16 PM
Still got a while to go but was just thinking on the season so far who you think. If United win the CL which they can to be honest, and the PL which they also can and England get to the Semis, I recon Rooney will have enough there to win it but Messi is the top scorer and assister (I think) in La Liga and to have both is a very good accomplishment.

StefanWolves
14-03-2010, 02:19 PM
I bet Rooney isn't far off that though, how many assist & goals has Messi got in all competitions this season?

CHA!NGANG
14-03-2010, 02:29 PM
Messi has 19 goals 9 Assists.

Rooney has 23 goals, 3 Assists.

So Messi is on 28 and Rooney is on 26 and Messi has played 22 games and Rooney has played 27.

I'm not sure if Messi is the top Assister in La Liga atm but I'm sure I read it somewhere but anyway his total is better than Rooney and he has played 5 games less but that's only for La Liga and the Premiership.

StefanWolves
14-03-2010, 02:30 PM
All competitions? :P

Messi hasn't done much in the CL this season as he?

CHA!NGANG
14-03-2010, 03:08 PM
Messi has 38 Goals and Assists in 42 Games.
Rooney has 42 Goals and Assists in 43 Games.

This includes internationals and All comps this season.

It's pretty much dead even.

StefanWolves
14-03-2010, 03:15 PM
Rooney has got two in this game so far.

It is literally dead even... Rooney just edging it though IMO.

Adamm
14-03-2010, 07:35 PM
Messi.

My unbiased view.

Fibreglass has been injured too much as with Ronaldollar.

CHA!NGANG
14-03-2010, 07:44 PM
Well whatever Rooney can do, Messi can do better ;)

Messi 3 - Valencia 0.

Adamm
14-03-2010, 07:49 PM
Messi is a better player than Rooney.
Messi is on par with the form of Rooney.

Rooney is awesome, don't get me wrong but Messi is just better. You can't even argue, really.

Browney
14-03-2010, 08:33 PM
Ronaldo above Rooney? I dunno. I think Rooney is the player in the form of his life. There's not a player out there who is up with him regarding form. As much as I appreciate his skill and performances (which is why he might just edge it), I've never liked Messi as a player. Always thought I'd prefer to have Ronaldo in my side any day of the week. Ronaldo just seems more dangerous, to me at least.

Smits
14-03-2010, 08:54 PM
I think it's deffinately bwetween messi and rooney.

Rooney is deffiantely playing the best football of his career, but messis is playing just as well. Too close to call.

Look at messi's goals as well

http://www.manchelivarse.com/2010/03/video-barcelona-vs-valencia-highlights.html

CHA!NGANG
14-03-2010, 08:56 PM
Ronaldo above Rooney? I dunno. I think Rooney is the player in the form of his life. There's not a player out there who is up with him regarding form. As much as I appreciate his skill and performances (which is why he might just edge it), I've never liked Messi as a player. Always thought I'd prefer to have Ronaldo in my side any day of the week. Ronaldo just seems more dangerous, to me at least.

Yeah Rooney might pip Ronaldo to 2nd but I still think Messi for number 1. Ronaldo has been out for a few games this season which is why I think Rooney might pip him too it, but as for Form well Ronaldo is on almost a goal a game, actually I think he just about is so he is on top form too but I doubt Portugal will get far in the WC and Madrid are out of the CL anyway so that will hinder him.

StefanWolves
14-03-2010, 10:04 PM
Would you please stop it with the La Liga fan boy behaviour? :P

CHA!NGANG
14-03-2010, 10:12 PM

Everything I've said is based on stats, nothing to do with fan boy behaviour. I prefer the PL anyway.

Adamm
14-03-2010, 10:17 PM
La Liga is fast becoming the best league in the world - it's all dependant on what Man City do in the summer methinks.

StefanWolves
14-03-2010, 11:43 PM
I don't think La Liga will be the best, they will never have the media coverage that the English game will have, and because of that, (and because of Chelsea and City spending absurd amounts, mind), will not be the best league for sometime to come.

CHA!NGANG
14-03-2010, 11:50 PM
You say that but Real and Barca could have any player in the world they wanted and can afford them too. Chelsea and City can offer as much money as they want but when push comes to shove, most players would pick Barca and Madrid over Chelsea and City any day.

StefanWolves
14-03-2010, 11:53 PM
Not when, especially City, can throw £250,000 after tax per week, as they did with Kaka, but he chose to see out his season at AC.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!